Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
55 seconds ago
Thanks.You to.
2 77 Read More
Trapper Talk
9 minutes ago
On the other hand....we never know for sure how our stone fruits fare pollination-wise until the early June fruit drop. grin

PS: If you want to do what the commercial guys do; wait about a week after the frost, pick a few of your pea sized peaches and slice them in half with a sharp knife. Should be creamy white color all the way through to the ovary. If brown streaked or discolored it will eventually drop.
11 368 Read More
Trapper Talk
9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by MJM
The fourth line down on the right in a red block says "Start your free trial" That is what I am talking about. I have no clue what you are talking about. It seems like it is your site, don't you know what it says?

Really?

1.) That is an advertisement on a site, not on this forum. Had absolutely nothing to do with my post, at all, in any way. What "rules" would apply? And your significantly-edited post has remained with misspellings, even after your edited it; for posterity of this thread.

2.) Now moreover, that "advertisement" is for a ministry I like. They paid me nothing for that ad. They don't even know it's there. I put it there to help them. You should check them out.
4 126 Read More
Trapper Talk
10 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Boco
Nothing wrong with putting down a dog.
But why is she talking about that in a book?
That should be a private matter.

Agree. Trying to look hard.

Did she cover her adultery in the book?
72 2,809 Read More
Trapper Talk
13 minutes ago
Swamp- ended up 65 on cats and 10 for one gray fox
24 1,391 Read More
Trapper Talk
18 minutes ago
The fourth line down on the right in a red block says "Start your free trial" That is what I am talking about. I have no clue what you are talking about. It seems like it is your site, don't you know what it says?
4 126 Read More
Trapper Talk
19 minutes ago
Good info and input. Keep it coming.
6 166 Read More
Trapper Talk
28 minutes ago
I have no idea what you just wrote. I advertised zero things in that post.

The ads in TR are for stuff I like, almost always have been 100% gratis, to help small businesses. Meaning, I didn't get paid a penny. I put them up because the bible says to GIVE without telling people (so thanks for ruining that). And GIVING can come from smart stuff, not just handing people cash.

But the free ads should indeed change, because making this cost me a bunch of money, all so people can complain.
4 126 Read More
Trapper Talk
30 minutes ago
Trappers Report lost me at "Free Trail" This pretty much falls under advertising to me, and in the rules it says No Advertising.
4 126 Read More
Trapper Talk
30 minutes ago
I personally would like to see a mandatory trapper education.
Unfortunately you can't teach common sense. But educating those without may avoid unforseen problems.
On the same note , I'd like to see it made mandatory to take a dog owners education course. Especially for those desiring to take there dogs on public land. Like I said you can teach common sense.
Unfortunately our society seems to progressively be losing it.
6 166 Read More
Trapping Only
37 minutes ago
I was going to boil dip a bunch of new leg hold traps and was wandering if would hold up better than rattle can paint on DP traps?

Dipping or using dye on traps will definitely hold up better than just painting them. The only good thing about painting traps is it's fast and easy to do touch ups throughout the season.
17 1,192 Read More
Trapper Talk
41 minutes ago
To get a trapping license in Ohio you either need to have a trapper ed class or show/sign affidavit you've previously held a license or have taken a trapper ed class in another state.
6 166 Read More
Trapper Talk
43 minutes ago
Hey Idaho trappers. Anyone have any guidance on turkeys and turkey hunting in Idaho? Best area’of the state, public land availability in turkey country, etc. I know out west there’s good hunting to be found, but also large areas that aren’t turkey habitat.
Just a couple old retired guys looking to take a turkey hunting trip to a new state!
Any info that you can share would be much appreciated!

If anyone would want to swap a hunt I’ve got world class Midwest private land duck hunting to offer in trade.
0 25 Read More
Trapper Talk
43 minutes ago
Good morning
23 284 Read More
Trapper Talk
47 minutes ago
I use 62g ballistic tips and benchmark for clean skinning....
10 503 Read More
Trapper Talk
47 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Vinke
Its Sunday and Steve is practicing talking in Toungs...

grin
11 368 Read More
Trapper Talk
47 minutes ago
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I think this refers back to the thread on peach trees and the OP was using water to wet down his peach tree at ungodly hours of the early morning to protect the bloom from a frost. I mentioned that commercial growers in the west go with smudge pots and especially wind machines these days for protecting stone fruits from frost.

I didn't mean to insinuate that water couldn't work as it is also used in orchard-frost protection schemes.

And finally, I'm glad all the trouble he went to paid off.

No offence taken.
11 368 Read More
Trapper Talk
53 minutes ago
I would think mange in a bear population would be a serious concern to wildlife managers. As I understand, fleas thar cause mange are specific to the species. So transfer from another species doesn’t happen. I assume mange is always present and the species population determines how often it shows up.
Would seem reasonable to up the bag limit.
You guys are surprised an animal that hibernates survives the winter? You should see some of the wolves trappers catch up here! There’s the real surprise!
32 1,439 Read More
Trapper Talk
55 minutes ago
[Linked Image]
Hay,
No stereotyping now.
I do seriously understand your point.
27 1,111 Read More
Trapper Talk
57 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Originally Posted by Vinke
Its Sunday and Steve is practicing talking in Toungs...

Are you going to interpret?

Im scared of Lightning.......
11 368 Read More
Trapper Talk
58 minutes ago
Personally I’d go with a 40 grain hollow point and load down to around 3000 fps.
10 503 Read More
Trapper Talk
59 minutes ago
shocked shocked laugh
11 791 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I'm running ambassador c-4's on my steelhead and salmon rods.Run okuma guide select rods on most. The thing I like about the reels is there very easy to rebuild , there are a lot of youtube videos to walk a guy thru it.
24 1,029 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I think this refers back to the thread on peach trees and the OP was using water to wet down his peach tree at ungodly hours of the early morning to protect the bloom from a frost. I mentioned that commercial growers in the west go with smudge pots and especially wind machines these days for protecting stone fruits from frost.

I didn't mean to insinuate that water couldn't work as it is also used in orchard-frost protection schemes.

And finally, I'm glad all the trouble he went to paid off.
11 368 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
shocked
11 791 Read More
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19