No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
TR to add self-reliance posts #8129996
04/28/24 10:15 AM
04/28/24 10:15 AM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline OP
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline OP
trapper
N

New York
Hello all

I thought in the "off season" we might open up the little Trappers Report news site to "all self-reliance posts."

Could be gardening, food preservation, fishing, bushcraft, or anything that would appeal-to or help trappers, etc.

Why: (My opinion) Because like Trapping it might be a nice place to have as a reference site for videos, links, stories that we all like.

Added benefit: You can still post your own ad if you have one, every time you post, which replaces mine. Meaning, the more people who look at your post, the more who will see your ad (for whatever You are selling).

To contribute: Please just "post something" using the link at the top of https://TrappersReport.com. If you screw it up, we'll fix it. I have someone in my office that maintains the site in their spare time, so just give it a few hours. Or DM me.

Thanks.

Re: TR to add self-reliance posts [Re: nyhuntfish] #8130018
04/28/24 11:06 AM
04/28/24 11:06 AM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Trappers Report lost me at "Free Trail" This pretty much falls under advertising to me, and in the rules it says No Advertising.

Last edited by MJM; 04/28/24 11:14 AM.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: TR to add self-reliance posts [Re: nyhuntfish] #8130019
04/28/24 11:08 AM
04/28/24 11:08 AM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline OP
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline OP
trapper
N

New York
I have no idea what you just wrote. I advertised zero things in that post.

The ads in TR are for stuff I like, almost always have been 100% gratis, to help small businesses. Meaning, I didn't get paid a penny. I put them up because the bible says to GIVE without telling people (so thanks for ruining that). And GIVING can come from smart stuff, not just handing people cash.

But the free ads should indeed change, because making this cost me a bunch of money, all so people can complain.

Re: TR to add self-reliance posts [Re: nyhuntfish] #8130021
04/28/24 11:17 AM
04/28/24 11:17 AM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
The fourth line down on the right in a red block says "Start your free trial" That is what I am talking about. I have no clue what you are talking about. It seems like it is your site, don't you know what it says?

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: TR to add self-reliance posts [Re: MJM] #8130024
04/28/24 11:26 AM
04/28/24 11:26 AM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline OP
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline OP
trapper
N

New York
Originally Posted by MJM
The fourth line down on the right in a red block says "Start your free trial" That is what I am talking about. I have no clue what you are talking about. It seems like it is your site, don't you know what it says?

Really?

1.) That is an advertisement on a site, not on this forum. Had absolutely nothing to do with my post, at all, in any way. What "rules" would apply? And your significantly-edited post has remained with misspellings, even after your edited it; for posterity of this thread.

2.) Now moreover, that "advertisement" which had nothing to do with my post, is for a ministry I like. They paid me nothing for that ad. They don't even know it's there. I put it there to help them. You should check them out.

Re: TR to add self-reliance posts [Re: nyhuntfish] #8130035
04/28/24 11:55 AM
04/28/24 11:55 AM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
I thought it was all one site. I didn't know it was an add.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: TR to add self-reliance posts [Re: nyhuntfish] #8130390
04/29/24 09:17 AM
04/29/24 09:17 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
yes additional content would be interesting , full disclosure I don't subscribe to TR , but it would be interesting.

I used to subscribe to a gardening and I guess homesteading publication , after 3 years of it I swear I was reading the same article over again and that gets old , when the content goes stale you loose readers.

so yes fresh content even if not directly trapping , should help with that.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: TR to add self-reliance posts [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8130427
04/29/24 10:30 AM
04/29/24 10:30 AM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline OP
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline OP
trapper
N

New York
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
yes additional content would be interesting , full disclosure I don't subscribe to TR , but it would be interesting.

I used to subscribe to a gardening and I guess homesteading publication , after 3 years of it I swear I was reading the same article over again and that gets old , when the content goes stale you loose readers.

so yes fresh content even if not directly trapping , should help with that.

Thanks.

1.) There is nothing to subscribe-to, just look at the website.

2.) I would agree to your statement that content gets old in most places which is what I hoped avoid by .... Everyone posting something. If people start posting stuff (different than a forum), it will be a resource.

Anyone can post without ever-logging-in to anything. Just post something, we set it up that way on purpose. Just click on, "Post" at the top of TrappersReport.com and post text, or paste in a youtube link in the "Comments" section and it will display the video (or picture if you pasted an image url). It's very smart behind the scenes, it just looks simple.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread