No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Giant Sage] #8130928
04/30/24 11:34 AM
04/30/24 11:34 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Everything the bible has predicted is falling into place. God has been very patient. How much longer before He brings it all to an end? Jesus said only the Father knows. We've got to be getting close.

I'm wondering is you would care to share these predictions that are falling into place?

Start with the Olivet Discourse, Matt. 24 that deals with the end of the church age. Wars and rumors of wars, false Christs who will mislead many, nation against nation, many killed on account of His name, many will fall away and deliver up one another and hate one another, lawlessness increasing because most people's love will grow cold, gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come. V.36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."

Ezekiel Chapters 38 &39.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Trapper7] #8131058
04/30/24 03:19 PM
04/30/24 03:19 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
I can see your interpretation.
And how it seems this passage is speaking of today and future events posably.
I wouldn't dogmaticly agree that the bible predicts this as a future.
Matthew 24:34 says Verly I say unto you,this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled.
Mark 13: 3 and as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately.
Jesus was speaking to the apostle, to there generation.
And the temple that he was speaking of as he sat upon the Mount of Olives was going to be destroyed in about 37 years.
Not one stone shall be let standing.
Wouldn't this be in there generation and not 2000+ years later.
There are men that may interpret Matthew 24 :1-35 not being there generation.
But in all fairness most Christians from the time of 70 AD understood this passage as the distruct distruction of the temple in 70 AD..
it does seem to speak of the catching up and posably the final throne judgment. After Matthew 24:35
I guess the important thing is to always be ready no matter your eschatological beliefs.
As concerning Ezekial 38-39 that's a prophecy that is very open for interpretation and it has been interpreted both past and future. The interesting part of the future interpretation in it has nt been fulfilled. So I suppose until then.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: foxkidd44] #8131471
05/01/24 10:37 AM
05/01/24 10:37 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Some biblical scholars say that the generation Jesus is referring to is the generation living during the time these things are coming to pass. The beginning of birth pangs.
They say Gog and Magog refers to Russia, Persia- Iran, etc. All these nations become allies with Russia surrounding Israel to wipe them off the face of the earth. And it would happen were it not for God's intervention.

Sadly, many can't find where America is a player in the end times. Not surprising considering the growing immorality, degradation, hatred being spewed against Israel.

You are totally correct in say we should always be ready no matter your eschatological belief.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Trapper7] #8131484
05/01/24 10:54 AM
05/01/24 10:54 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

Some biblical scholars say that the generation Jesus is referring to is the generation living during the time these things are coming to pass. The beginning of birth pangs.
They say Gog and Magog refers to Russia, Persia- Iran, etc. All these nations become allies with Russia surrounding Israel to wipe them off the face of the earth. And it would happen were it not for God's intervention.

Sadly, many can't find where America is a player in the end times. Not surprising considering the growing immorality, degradation, hatred being spewed against Israel.

You are totally correct in say we should always be ready no matter your eschatological belief.

Any words of wisdom or insight on the Native Americans and the Book of Mormon ?

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Foxpaw] #8131488
05/01/24 11:08 AM
05/01/24 11:08 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Any words of wisdom or insight on the Native Americans and the Book of Mormon ?

Not sure what you're asking that has to do with America not being a player in the end times.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: foxkidd44] #8131494
05/01/24 11:23 AM
05/01/24 11:23 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
^^^^
Surely with the population of the Jewish people in close proximity with that of Israel would surely make the America's a player. Some say the Book of Mormon makes that connection ?

I really don't know as just reading a Catholic bible let alone the Book of Mormon has always been a taboo in my sheltered life style.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: foxkidd44] #8131499
05/01/24 11:43 AM
05/01/24 11:43 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
The Book of Mormon is a fiction made up out of whole cloth by a known charlatan and fraud.

[Linked Image]
Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Trapper7] #8131509
05/01/24 12:15 PM
05/01/24 12:15 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy

I find the interpretation of Gog and Magog being Russia and Iran interesting.
One of the traditional interpretations was
Antiochus Epiphanies ( chief of prince =Gog) king of the Hellonistic ( Sysion kindom= Magog=king of the north)
His attempt to suppress Judaism brought on the wars of the Maccabees.
During his rule sme 8000 jews were slew, and some 4000 captured into slavery.
Gog and Magog being a chief prince. And a land .
Descendants of Japeth.
The Gog and Magog of Revelation could also alien with Rome and the 70 ad distruction of the temple. That Jesus had prophesied in the early verses of the Olivete discourse.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Giant Sage] #8131520
05/01/24 12:33 PM
05/01/24 12:33 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Online shocked
trapper
wetdog  Online Shocked
trapper

perry co.Pa
Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
I am grafted in and will bless my rootstock.....

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.i am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. Rev 22: 16

Who's the morning star in the Bible?
Rev 22:16 sure raises some interesting questions

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: wetdog] #8131523
05/01/24 12:40 PM
05/01/24 12:40 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Who is the morning star in Revelation?
Jesus.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Foxpaw] #8131627
05/01/24 05:12 PM
05/01/24 05:12 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
^^^^
Surely with the population of the Jewish people in close proximity with that of Israel would surely make the America's a player. Some say the Book of Mormon makes that connection ?

I really don't know as just reading a Catholic bible let alone the Book of Mormon has always been a taboo in my sheltered life style.

In 1823, Joseph Smith said an angel named Moroni appeared to him and disclosed the location of a partially buried box containing golden plates in a reformed Egyptian language. He was given special glasses to interpret the language. He published the Book of Mormon and the angel then recovered the plates and they were no longer to be seen.

They claim God the Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's. Mormons goal is perfection, to become even as God. They believe in celestial marriage meaning that a man will live with his wife in eternity. This contradicts what Jesus said that in heaven they neither marry or are given in marriage, but are like angels.

They baptize by proxy for those who died without accepting the teachings of Joseph Smith so the living may serve the dead by being baptized in their place.

The bible teaches salvation by faith. The Mormons are a works oriented religion as they strive for salvation by perfection.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Trapper7] #8131665
05/01/24 06:21 PM
05/01/24 06:21 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
^^^
Wonder how they handle "as the tree falls there it shall lie". I guess baptizing dead grandpa would help the church grow, lol. I just looked up their membership for 2021 and it was
16,805,400. So they must be baptizing a lot of dead relatives.
They use Rev 14:6-7 to confirm their angel. So you see the America's are in the scheme of things, I guess?

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: foxkidd44] #8131686
05/01/24 07:00 PM
05/01/24 07:00 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
16,805,400 is the number of live Mormons. Mormons typically have large natural families, adopt a lot and do massive amounts of Mission work. They are one of the few Christian religions growing well.

The Mormon religion seems very made up, but the large number of Mormons I have met have been happy, friendly, decent people. If I had to choose a religion by how good I thought it's members were, I would choose Mormonism. They would be last on my list for Christian religions that contain truth.

I sometimes wonder if having a strong faith just means being able to believe obvious make believe.

Keith

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: foxkidd44] #8131694
05/01/24 07:19 PM
05/01/24 07:19 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I would not call Mormonism a Christian religion. Jesus Christ alone was enough, is enough and will be enough. None of us will ever be perfect or we wouldn't have needed Christ.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #8131766
05/01/24 08:57 PM
05/01/24 08:57 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
I would not call Mormonism a Christian religion. Jesus Christ alone was enough, is enough and will be enough. None of us will ever be perfect or we wouldn't have needed Christ.

I was talking to a voodun practitioner from Togo about how practitioners of voodoo from Benin, practitioners of Santos from the US and practitioners of Santeria from Ecuador, Guatemala and Honduras used animals in their rituals. He told me "That's all just silly! It won't work". I had a hard time not laughing out loud and did laugh after he left. As an outsider, all the voodoo religions seem silly to me.

Practitioners of voodun, voodoo, Santos and Santeria all consider themselves Christians too.

I am basically their pharmacist, who fills their prescription, from their witch doctor equivalent.

Keith

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: foxkidd44] #8131871
05/02/24 03:17 AM
05/02/24 03:17 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
^^^

And then on the other end of the spectrum we have the others that think they come from the Essene line and won't eat meat or even eggs and milk. Perhaps there end goal is evolution and reincarnation.
Some guy on here used to have a thing stuck on the bottom of his post that said " I don't believe in reincarnation, I didn't believe in it during my last life and don't believe in it in this one either ", lol.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Foxpaw] #8132289
05/02/24 06:01 PM
05/02/24 06:01 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
^^^
Wonder how they handle "as the tree falls there it shall lie". I guess baptizing dead grandpa would help the church grow, lol. I just looked up their membership for 2021 and it was
16,805,400. So they must be baptizing a lot of dead relatives.
They use Rev 14:6-7 to confirm their angel. So you see the America's are in the scheme of things, I guess?

There are three angels. They appeared to John, not Joseph Smith. This isn't the angel Moroni that Smith claims appeared to him in verses 6-7 in 1823.
John's visions have yet to occur.

There are some that feel verse 8 that says Babylon the great has fallen refers to America. I don't know that I would believe that. As I said, many bible scholars are unable to find any references to America in the last days.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: Trapper7] #8132348
05/02/24 07:38 PM
05/02/24 07:38 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Twice that great city is mentioned in Revelation.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The first time it says, where our lord was crucified
Posably Jerusalem?
Sodm, Egypt, and Jerusalem were all three destroyed in the old testament.
There was also prophecy about there distruction in apocalyptic language.
Very much like in Revelation.
And Jerusalem and the second temple were destroyed a second time with uncanny similararaties to the olivete discore and Revelation.
According to the writings of Josephus.

Re: Israel/United States as ally? [Re: foxkidd44] #8133422
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
Consider that Hamas a terrorist group has spent years building tunnels in residential areas so they can kill people without being seen An then then attack a crowd of civilians and murder many on the spot and take many more as hostages And then demand that the other side must negotiate with them so they do not kill the hostages The only way to deal with evil IS by the use of force Even then the do not understad be being dead makes them more willing to comply

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread