trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
15? He looks about 20 in that picture! And he looks way too cleaned up to be your kin. He must take after his Mama.
15 960 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 minutes ago
Hummingbird show up today....and the little thing was hungry...
113 12,701 Read More
Trapper Talk
7 minutes ago
As previously mentioned,, plantain… extremely edible and nutritious…
6 142 Read More
Trapping Only
10 minutes ago
Caught a female this morning on a complaint and she has already had babies. Around here they start having litters about April 20.
9 484 Read More
Trapper Talk
14 minutes ago
Plantain can also used to take the sting out of bug bites and other minor analgesic issues. I haven't seem the purple stem bottoms before but you're in PA and that's a 1,000 miles from here so it might be another variety or variant. .
6 142 Read More
Trapper Talk
16 minutes ago
A little short of the 8 seconds! LOL
4 192 Read More
Trapper Talk
18 minutes ago
you old toads should get your minds out of the gutter Savell never had unpure thoughts probably did a lot of fishin
15 960 Read More
Trapper Talk
19 minutes ago
LOL, Gotta give the guy credit. Work Smart!
2 180 Read More
Trapper Talk
21 minutes ago
Article I read said the dog was a Chicken killer. Had to go! Also put down a Goat that kept knocking her kids around.
49 1,642 Read More
Trapper Talk
23 minutes ago
Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
now in recycling of perious metals.

so, YOU'RE the guy stealing all the catalytic convertors!

Shhhhhh laugh
95 4,280 Read More
Trapper Talk
26 minutes ago
Because the majority doesn't do squat so that leaves complaining about everything as their choice of action
2 180 Read More
Trapper Talk
26 minutes ago
Plantain is quite edible and is pretty good for you too.
6 142 Read More
Trapper Talk
27 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Without going into detail the bottom line is, trappers refuse to change! After a decade of fighting inside board rooms trying to change things i finally like many before me just walked away. Rather than debate idea's and look for new ways to do thing the old guard always takes it as a threat/insult/ who know's what to them personally so the fight begins to ensure NOTHING changes but we keep doing things this way cause 'its how we've always done things'. Thus if you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result ................................

At one time NTA could of been turned into the power house for trappers it was envisioned to be at it's beginning but sadly scandal after scandal after scandal for the past 40 years has kept it crippled and ineffective, this latest fiasco isn't anything new, it's just what happens every 20 years. It could of been restructured and turned into what it needs to be BUT once again you go talking about totally restructuring the place to where it is effective and fiscally responsible and instantly your trying to destroy the whole place and everyone ignore's anything you say from that point forward, your an enemy of the state from that point on.

With trapper retention and recruitment not even on anyone's radar I doubt you get a new younger generation to step in with new idea's and drive to take us where we should of already been 25 years ago.

Beat me to it
31 1,179 Read More
Trapper Talk
28 minutes ago
Bonobo.

Moosetrot
22 1,037 Read More
Trapper Talk
28 minutes ago
Yes, a common type of plantain. Don't know if it's edible.
Goose tongue plantain is edible and good. It grows on sandy beaches just a short distance above the surf zone.
6 142 Read More
Trapper Talk
29 minutes ago
one grey squirrel a week = 17 footer in 3 years
one lab mouse a month = 17 incher in 10 years
at least the ones that I have seen raised
32 1,420 Read More
Trapper Talk
30 minutes ago
That one looks awful tall to be your's, lol.

Id say from the looks of things it won't be long now till your Grandpaw Savell! May as well get you some suspender's now so you can look the part, lol.
15 960 Read More
Trapper Talk
33 minutes ago
Have cameras out, Have three different toms strutting this morning in the rain, light rain and wind.
23 659 Read More
Trapper Talk
35 minutes ago
Good deal. Nothing wrong with decoys one bit. How many hunters use only their natural voice to call in a bird, shoot it with a homemade bow and arrow, and don't use factory made camouflage? Zero. So in the end we all use technology to our advantage. Can't pick and choose which technology is acceptable. The story was great and you have one more bird than I do this season.
8 128 Read More
Trapper Talk
38 minutes ago
AJE it is not just the congress, they are taking over the dnr also.
18 827 Read More
Trapper Talk
44 minutes ago
Eeyup
77 2,683 Read More
Trapper Talk
55 minutes ago
Because every time to mention doing something that's not the norm it gets shut down and people well continue to go "well idk why noting will work !"
I know there a had full of states that don't want to have anything to do with the NTA or similar because of it.

Change bad ,if it ain't broke don't fix it yadda yadda. Just wait till it's blatantly obvious and way too late to try and change and by then your way behind. People don't want to face the fact that what worked for them is not invalid or ineffective so you just get a lot of excuses about how we've tried XYZ and how it's all bambis fault , something something liberal snow flakes.

As a community we just have not kept up with the times where as the antis have people in the age group they need to understand how to do stuff to get people on there side. For every one we get I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get 10. And honestly it really just takes the right person to say the same thing and everyone will follow.

That and all the DAG BLASTED in fighting and victim mentality that people like to act like doesn't happen .

Being proactive takes actual effort past sending in a check to your stat association or staying in your comfort zone and most people have no desire to do that.

These animal right people know very well how to use "facts" how to use emotions, social media ECT to get a certain result and their constantly changing and adapting. We don't . The idea of change or trying something different is almost always met with " well if it would work somone would have done it " . Seems most newer ideas just get pushed aside till someone goes and does it themselves makes it work then everyone jumps on board mean hole the antis are picking up new tools for the box and trying them constantly.

We really need to get out of a lot of mind sets like trying to get everyone to just drop $1200-$6000 on a luxury fur coat that ,lets be honest most people honestly don't even like . Mabye later down the line big body fur garments might come back by just not right now. And before someone says it..yes my phone is $500-1200 but at this point their kinda actually a necessity. Not some special garment that takes all this special care and storage. Need to brain storm how we could make stuff low cost and marketable casual or work wear or something.

But anyhow
31 1,179 Read More
The Pen and Quill
55 minutes ago
Very nice. I enjoyed that.
1 32 Read More
Trapper Talk
57 minutes ago
I've been saying for several years the WCC is going down a slippery slope.

https://www.wkow.com/news/environme...f300f42-0417-11ef-ab77-43411e35b2e7.html
18 827 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Nice turkey, congratulations.
8 128 Read More
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45