trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
The one thing that never ends is the anti's trying to take away what we do.
62 4,928 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
I was scrolling through the trail cam pics from the Spypoints, today….this one grabbed my attention. Thought for a second it was some kinda monkey. Closer look showed it was a mangey bear.

[Linked Image]

Looks like the better looking end of Ingrid Newkirk.
33 1,542 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 minutes ago
Get him
5 242 Read More
Trapper Talk
7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by JTfromWV
Try moving the handle on your spinning reel to the other side. It becomes very natural to cast with the right hand and reel with the left. No lost time switching from one hand to the other. Try it for a few days and see if you like it better.

O yeah that! Yeah noticed alot of right handed people use the handles on the left side for everything.. honestly tell the last few years I never knew that was a thing laugh yeah grew up just using the. As you got them for the most part . At least with the spin casts then just kept doing it with spinning and bait casters. Now I will say I have changed them over on a few rods but just depends when I'm singing them for with my larger rods I feel BEYOND awkward reeling with my left hand for the most part and left hand bait casters jast feel wrong. But my smaller son ing combo's are all left handled especially if I'm using artificials
5 211 Read More
Trapper Talk
12 minutes ago
Golfing improves my ability to find morels. I bring home all the golf balls that other golfers lose in the ponds or crop fields. I practice by hitting them into my woods. When I run out of golf balls I go pick them up. I lose some but there is always more to find on the actual golf course. I was getting low on golf balls yesterday so I decided I better go pick some up. While picking up over 200 golf balls I found 20 morels. Win Win.
26 583 Read More
Trapper Talk
16 minutes ago
I hate to see anything dead on the road. Such an undignified way to go.
Most times can be avoided if people would drive a little more aware
4 338 Read More
Trapper Talk
24 minutes ago
No picture =no proof = did you re-set ?
11 999 Read More
Trapper Talk
24 minutes ago
Fur friendly is influenced by speed as well. The Jbird and cat bird necked down 6 mm and 243 to 22 shooting the same fur friendly solid bullet at 4,300 fps is rarely fur friendly. I always loaded my 22-250 at the slowest fps that gave best accuracy and that is more fur friendly. Same reason a 222 is more fur friendly and 22 hornet even more so. Now a 35 gr. Vmax out of a 22 hornet while knocking a 100 lbs wolf stone dead will kill a coyote with zero damage but good luck past 200 yards. Never use a full metal case on a coyote as you will be lucky to find it I shot many red fox with 80 gr fmj out of my 243 with no fur damage as long as no bone hit but had to finish almost all of them off with 22 pistol which luckily I was a fantastic shot with.
14 637 Read More
Trapper Talk
28 minutes ago
Diggerman was there any chalk marks found in your morel foray and attacks of ticks were ?
chalk marks=timberdootles

Large groups of Franklin gulls came in with this big Texas weather system we are effected by now
123 13,122 Read More
Trapper Talk
34 minutes ago
Originally Posted by waggler
I thought they just go after the old, the sick, and the weak.

I'm guessing the deer lived to see another day. Cougar don't have much running stamina.

that amount of hair pulled has left the deer with severe wounds and a blood trail for that cougar to follow, in 1/2 hour it lays down and is finished and muscles cramped up.
I have see it in the cattle they have taken down in Manitoba, coyotes and wolves do not leave big scratch marks
14 972 Read More
Trapper Talk
39 minutes ago
My guess is that she had no idea what she was doing with a dog like a wire hair. You could tell she didn’t when she said she thought the other dogs would teach it what to do. Wire hairs are way different then your run of the mill back yard bread $350 labs. As far as a bird dog killing chickens……. Really, does that surprise you?? Wire hairs have such a drive of course that’s what happened. She actually said the dog snapped at her, I don’t think she said bit. I question that also.
That dog got killed because of her ignorance as a dog trainer. She has no business being a bird dog owner.
I have no qualms about shooting a dog immediately that’s gone bad, especially one that threatens people or worse, kids.
I definitely would not kill a bird dog for killing chickens. That’s my fault totally if that happens.

I just say this story is BS……. Or better yet, made up B.S. to make her look tough for the book.
79 3,205 Read More
Trapper Talk
43 minutes ago
Well most loose their head lol sorry couldn’t resist
13 969 Read More
Trapper Talk
44 minutes ago
X 2. Very fair.
4 395 Read More
Trap Shed
47 minutes ago
sold-Thanks!
3 148 Read More
Trapping Only
51 minutes ago
You probably don’t want to use a drag if you’re in a pasture area so you should figure out a staking method.If you can find some traps that can be shipped to you just post on here what you find and we can steer you in the right direction. A number 2 coil spring trap is a good choice they are sometimes called a 500 or 550 meaning a 5 or 5 1/2” jaw spread.
11 234 Read More
Trap Shed
51 minutes ago
[Linked Image]

Base played, PIT pans, upgraded chain, 3 swivels, laminated jaws….

10 traps for $180 plus shipping.
0 23 Read More
Trapper Talk
56 minutes ago
Originally Posted by charles
Heard on radio recently that Israel must use US aid funds to buy US made military items. With a few exceptions, they can buy some items made in Israel. Can’t spend our money in any other nation. Therefore, much of the military aid money comes back to US and supports our defense manufacturing and US jobs.

After the Vietnam war, we gave lots of outdated Coast Guard ships to allied countries. Those countries have been purchasing parts and updates from us for 50+ years now.

So what your saying from what you heard on the radio is,
War is a racket.
31 1,269 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Heard a good sermon on the third chapter of James.

Two horses pull a wagon good because they have one tongue between them.
9 358 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by cotton
Tell him way to go
I gotta ask how the fur is on one caught now?

Looked pretty good.Did see one rub spot
26 962 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
No trapper Ed program in Kentucky.
19 619 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Sirens went off 4 times last evening in the county. 2 confirmed tornado's in the county from what I've heard. I can't confirm that !

We finally received some VERY much needed rain.

More last night than all year.

Pits rose roughly 2 feet over night
14 727 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Can teach someone like ol country Cletus about coyote trapping but can't figure out a turkey blind... Haha
21 844 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Interesting.
A thread whining about whining,lol.
9 863 Read More
Trap Shed
2 hours ago
(4) MB 750
Regular Jaw
Never used in the field
surface rust

$120 shipped to your door

Venmo, PayPal, USPS Money Order accepted
0 57 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
27 more and I pulled my line and time to put everything away.
I ended at 409 for the season. The goal was 500 but I didn't work hard enough, it's how it goes sometimes.
204 24,760 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6