17 hornet exceeds it in fps and is a standard cartridge now
1 150 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Enjoy your day.
0 9 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Putting up my first blackberry jelly tonight.
4 218 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
It was BAD for me .Awful
16 215 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Nice bunch of guns.
4 96 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
In MN, the federal courthouse I’m familiar with is in downtown Minneapolis.

I answered their questions truthfully. I do wear hearing aids. I do have medical documents identifying my aversion to details. And I do ask questions when I can’t hear or don’t understand things. This is what comes with being in my 70s.
32 1,102 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Too bad she is your niece……….. just saying………
10 327 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I thought about 1 like that, but decided against it at least for now.
2 47 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Those are all sweet firearms!!
Has he got health issues you don’t know about? Or maybe you do
4 96 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
My wife hat both eyes done this February and March. a Toric lens in one eye and a regular lens in the other. Very successful results and fast as well.

Bryce
17 481 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
It’s 2500ac. A lot of work goes in to managing for quail…wild birds. When you manage for quail, EVERYTHING prospers. We have some decent bucks and turkeys. We self impose rules for turkeys at only 3-4 killed a year. Mostly just 3. I know we have 6 other gobblers I’ve seen and 8 jakes I’ve seen for next season. We take into account birds being killed off the property as well.
Does are kill as many as you can. Bucks are 1 trophy (150” or better) and one management buck. Or 2 management bucks.
During hunts we have a 12 bird wagon limit which has only been reached once since I’ve been out there. Our best hunt as far as we are concerned was 15 coveys, 40 shots fired, 1 killed and 1 cripple.

Serious question
You guys pen raise your birds then charge rich folks to shoot at them ? When you say one killed one crippled you surely are talking about hunters! Lol because if 40 shots fired and 1 bird killed you need to mandate one day of shooting clay targets before each hunt
90 3,007 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
You kill 3 gobblers off 2500 acres?
When I was in my early 20’s me and 2 of my cousins went to western Ky to hunt property owned by WESTVACO. A Timber company. Next to it was a area around 850 acres that had a stream and a co road dividing the 2 Bunch of Drs and lawyers had leased the 850 acres. We had put up a tent and made camp on Friday evening before opening day. About 30 minutes after shooting light the war started on the rich folk side of the creek. I was in a climbing stand on our permit side. Dandy 10 point came flying across the creek pops out in front of me at 30 yards Put a 87 grain spitzer thru his heart. One leap and down. About 10 minutes later couple bar toting guys came over to look at the deer I was gutting. One was almost in tears. I been trying to kill that one all year he said. Never looked up. Then he told me that was his deer because it came off their lease. I just chuckled. He told me how I was wrong to just buy the 15 dollar permit and think I could just show up and kill one. I pointed at the red sign on the tree showing the westvaco land. Ask him if he had his 15 dollar permit lol
They sloshed back across the creek
Some people that lease big properties think everything on and around it belongs to them. Animals roam and fly Superiority complex
90 3,007 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Couple months ago he gave me his colt 45 he carried in Vietnam I asked a question about it and he said we won’t discuss that
4 96 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
I was thinking a little more along the lines of this
https://www.harborfreight.com/propa...v4xMZz5tg5BphUS4vb_xZfF3RSkaAprkEALw_wcB

but yours is a lot easier to carry , this one needs more like a 20# cylinder on a back pack frame.

I had one of these , it worked fairly well , maybe a little over kill on some things.
2 47 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
congrats , think of it as living history and keep it in the family and keep making memories with them and sharing the stories of your uncle and dad.

they are more than object's they are the memories to go with the objects , a thing to remind you of the person and the memories.

the sad part is that often things like this are passed down because they are not making memories with them any longer and that is sad that they can't get out to make those memories with you because of health or age.
4 96 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
My stepdad gave me his Browning sweet 16 today along with his pre 64 Winchester 30-06 and a nylon 66 then handed me my uncles 38 revolver that he used when he was in law enforcement I’m thinking this is very nice and they are all in great condition that made my day
4 96 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Last receiving date Apr 27th Shakey / figured I better clarify . Dated picture. Go Oilers go ; last 2 CDN teams remaining in showdown
226 26,984 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
My neighbor bought me a weed torch & 2 fuel cylinders for helping him remove some nuisance weeds. I used it tonight for the first time ever and it's amazing. I wish I would have had it a year ago, or more. I guess I won't know for sure that it was effective right now but it sure seemed to work great tonight. I was hitting garlic mustard & some other annoying weeds. 'Big time saver vs some manual methods. Also, no herbicides to deal with. Many upsides I think, we'll see. I carried an extra cylinder & small fire extinguisher in a backpack, but the tank lasted all evening.

[Linked Image]

We got it for garlic mustard but I could see it working on other weeds.
2 47 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Bring the portable bear fence
10 327 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
There’s obviously no doubt she just feels sorry for you
10 327 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Imma kick the crap outta you lmao
16 215 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Thirteen-lined ground squirrels are rare in the parts of Ohio I've lived in. The only bigger population I've ever seen was near Trenton, Ohio. Years ago, I shot some with a Crossman 2100, skinned them out, stretched them and preserved them with borax. The skins came out beautifully. I think they would make good fur coats for dolls. I think I ended up giving them all to the Miami County Park District, with a bunch of other skins and skulls.

Keith
34 1,500 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Limes?

Moosetrot
16 215 Read More
Page 1 of 694 1 2 3 693 694