trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trap Shed
36 minutes ago
TRAPPER AND PREDATOR CALL MAGAZINE 25th ANNIVERSARY KNIFE; 1975-2000; Jaguar; Yk-5263S; 4-1/2" Long Closed; New In Box $60. (Also Have Trapper and Predator Caller Magazines $1.00 Each 2000 and up [Linked Image]
And Trapper And Predator Caller Yearbooks) Lots of Trap items on Bozeman, Montana Craigs List. Just Put The word" trap" in. 406-599-3645 (Plus $11. Shipping)
0 12 Read More
Trapper Talk
40 minutes ago
Learned about this one today. .17 velociraptor. Fn x28 necked down to .17 grin , ugh another two years and I'll have my lathe and can start building some.mess like this
smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 66 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
I picked the camera up a few days ago. They are still having fun with the stick though. lol

The rusty trap doesn’t seem to bother them much either.

[Linked Image]
0 124 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Going to cook a brisket for mothers day. Got it trimmed and spiced. Sitting in the fridge soaking up the spice. Rendered the fat into tallow. Beef tallow is great for some stuff like frying fish. Cracklins are a nice snack
0 134 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 06:12 PM
WTB Old Wolf Lure Scent Bottles.
0 94 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 04:46 PM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

(24) #1 Victor LS none dipped ($2)
(3) Victor #1 LS Stop-Loss rectangle pan 2 dip ($5)
(10) #1 Victor jump wire dog ($3)
(20) #1 Victor LS Stop-Loss dipped ($5)
(11) #1 B&L LS Stop-Loss, 5 dipped ($5)
(20) Assorted #11 traps strong dipped ($6)
(7) #1 B&L LS Stop-Loss w/wide wire ($3)
(24) Assorted 1.5 coil springs various chain-length ($5)

Shipping extra, will work to find the cheapest way ship them to your door. The dip used was Rustoleum rusty metal primer dip. All traps user traps in strong in good condition.
0 168 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 02:38 PM
Wanting to buy a kephart bobcat or a cdph!
0 197 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 12:51 PM
I saw this last night and it seemed pretty handy. Thought I would share. I think the orig intent here was mixing grains but there seems to be a lot of potential.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 146 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 01:36 AM
Just seeing what is available before I buy new. Please PM or text me what you have and what you want for them. I have cash in hand as well as new MB650s to trade.

Judd
406-231-1545
0 80 Read More
Trap Shed
05/07/24 10:45 PM
***TRAPPING COYOTES On The Llano Estacada*

~By: Larry Gene Pate~ - Idalou, Texas -

This 98 page Book has got Coyote info in here that most have never heard of - Super Good Book - Congratulations Larry!

BRAND NEW : Hot off the Press Copyright 2024

***Trapping Coyotes On The Llano Estacado***

By : Larry Gene Pate

I have a Few Autographed Copies to offer also

Unsigned -- $25.50 shipped
Signed -- $30.50 shipped [***CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK of SIGNED COPIES***} the first 20 flew out the window

Please PM me if you are interested in reading this Super Good Coyote Trapping Book!!

Thanks! for Looking!

Randy
0 227 Read More
Trap Shed
05/07/24 06:14 PM
I have these 2 hard to find traps for sale

1. Hector P.S.&W. #1 Long Spring with Swastika in pan
Trap is complete. The pan is mostly readable.----$325

2. Hector P.S.&W. #1 1/2 Long Spring with Swastika in pan
Trap is complete but pitted. Pan is not readable.---$150

BUY BOTH FOR--$425. Check or money order please.

FOR PICTURES SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Add $10 for shipping.

Louie Krumwiede
PO Box 3
Buckley, IL 60918
Email: krumui5@gmail.com
0 172 Read More
Trap Shed
05/07/24 03:05 PM
1 dozen Victor quick dry muskrat stretchers $15.00 plus shipping.
These are the top of the line stretchers.
PayPal or postal money order
Thanks for looking
Can text pictures
0 103 Read More
Trap Shed
05/07/24 09:40 AM
In search of a couple old good working zebco 33 reels with metal foot
0 180 Read More
Trap Shed
05/07/24 04:40 AM
20 Stabilizer stakes, unused, still in original bags.
$35 shipped OBO. (SOLD)

[Linked Image]
0 159 Read More
Trap Collector Forum
05/07/24 12:07 AM
Excellent, original condition. Thanks
0 95 Read More
Trap Shed
05/07/24 12:05 AM
Looking to buy 1 of each. Excellent , original condition
Thank you.
0 113 Read More
The Pen and Quill
05/06/24 10:52 AM
THE PETTIBONE LAKE MONSTER

Splish-splash, paddle-bubble, Splish-splash, paddle-bubble…

There! At the end of the line! That’s the one!
It’s the end of the line for that one in the line.
Always an easy meal, the straggler. So young. So tender. So soft its bones. All blood, no fight. I rise, I snap! I sink back… Back down… Back into the lovely muck.

We’d heard stories of muskellunge pike taking whole ducklings at dawn, and we believed the stories because the men who had witnessed the violent attacks were honorable. But a whole adult duck? By a musky? Preposterous! Two fishermen claimed to have witnessed the mallard drake as it squawked and thrashed in terror before being claimed completely by a corpulent black shadow and a violent eruption of water. Only the ripples that persisted on the surface had convinced them that, yes, the event had truly happened.

Green, green, green a carpet for the queen.
That’s moss on my shell. I am ancient, can’t you tell? I am big, I am bold, I am cunning, I am cold. I kill all the night. You would fright at my sight…

Papa and I first saw the thing in August as the summer blazed away and the sun set behind the pines to cast shadows across the still water of Pettibone Lake. The creature’s dark form broke the silver mirror of the pond surface. The monster breathed its air from a misshapen head. When it submerged again, it left great rings of ripples that stretched to the shore. After our first sighting, the creature began to show itself more often. It always appeared in the evening. The neighborhood children avoided playing in the shallows at these times. They feared the water. They feared the rippled waves, as they were surely made by the beast.

Fluffy paddlefluffs, where have you gone?
Have I eaten you all?
Need food. But where to go? How about the docks.
Yes, the docks. I shall swim for the docks where the children play ...

The monstrosity made appearances nearer and nearer our swimming hole, but no one entered the water during this uncertain time. It always came in the evening, but no one knew where it spent its days. The lake lacked life that summer. Muskrats no longer swam across the pond, and the water lilies failed to bloom. When a neighborhood poodle disappeared, the town council issued an order and closed the local beach.

Greedy greedy beasty feasty fluffy puppy suppy suppy…

I also feared the water and didn't swim at all that summer. I was only six in those days. I fished the docks from the shore to the depths. I would skip along from one dock to the next, catching bluegills and calico bass on wiggly garden worms and seined minnows. One evening, I placed a catch of green bluegills in an orange wire live basket attached to our dock. Pa said it would make a wonderful dinner when we killed and cleaned the fish the following day.

Orange fish basket, orange fish casket.
So fresh. So alive.
Snip snip, snap snap, fishy-fish, now you’re trapped.
Helpless fish, they make a fine dish.
But why so glum? Isn’t this fun?
Yes! This is fun! This is bloody fun!

When morning came, I lifted the basket to find it empty but for a few scales and a string of fish guts clinging to the weave around a gaping hole of twisted wires. Pa said the wires were snipped clean as if by wire cutters. We repaired the hole in the basket. He had me catch more fish, but not for the table. We baited the basket with the fish and suspended it from the dock. A group of neighborhood men visited late in the day to discuss Papa's plan. They positioned a seining net below the basket. It was secured by oaken staffs at either end for the men to grab hold of. When night came and the creature appeared, Pa and another man sprang for the handles and engulfed the thing with the net. It turned to swim and nearly pulled them in.
They managed to turn the creature around and heaved it to the dock. It hissed and snapped and thrashed its plated tail. It clawed and bit through a section of the net. Three men dragged it to the lawn, where it lay all tangled up in the netting. It continued its hissing and its snapping, and it swung its prehistoric tail and blinked its ancient yellow reptilian eyes. But it was defenseless on land.

I'm all surrounded. Trapped by giants.
Time to fight, no time for flight.
Hiss and scratch, I bite and fight.
Is this how it feels?
Is this how “frightened” feels?

The neighbors all ran down from the hill to look at the huge thing. It’s probably female,” one said. It’s the one that laid eggs in my garden,” said another. “It’s the one that ate my flower bed,” insisted Momma. My older sister pleaded to free it. But the men would have no such nonsense.

Fearful, frightened, scared, afraid.
Hiss, scratch, snap-snap. What’s to become of me?

What’s to become of her? I thought. “What shall we do with it?” the neighbors asked. “Call Rodney,” someone said, “Yes, Rodney has dealt with these before, he knows how to prepare them. But the children shouldn’t watch when Rodney comes.”

And so, we children went up to the house. Later, we heard the crack of lightening, but the sky was clear. My sister began to cry. I guessed she didn't like the rain.

On the following afternoon, we visited Rodney’s place for a neighborhood banquet. The men drank beer and tossed horseshoes while the women drank beer and complained about the men. Rodney served up the soup and it was a fine party. Momma later made the shell into a planter. She complained that it took a lot of dirt to fill, but it grew nice flowers.

THE END

C. 2024, JMF Humphrey
0 53 Read More
Trap Shed
05/06/24 01:11 AM
All Traps are plus shipping

12 Victor #1.5 Coilsprings 60.00 have 3 dozen availableALL VICTORS SOLD
[Linked Image]

4 Herters #1.5 Coilsprings 20.00
[Linked Image]

3 Victor #1.5 Stop loss Longsprings 21.00
[Linked Image]

4 Victor #1.5 Double Jaw Longsprings 24.00Sold
[Linked Image]

8 Victor #11 Double Longsprings 48.00SOLD
[Linked Image]

18 Victor #1 Jump Traps 72.00
[Linked Image]

10 Victor #2 Coilsprings 50.00 Sold
[Linked Image]

12 Duke #1.5 Coilsprings 50.00 have 2 dozen availableALL SOLD
[Linked Image]

8 Victor #1 Shorties 24.00
[Linked Image]

18 Victor #1 Longsprings 54.00
[Linked Image]

14 Sleepy Creek 1.75 Coilsprings Offset Jaws Never been in the ground.125.00 SOLD
[Linked Image]

12 Victor #2 Double Longsprings 84.00 have 2 dozen available
[Linked Image]
0 610 Read More
Trap Shed
05/05/24 10:12 PM
15 large tails for sale. $2 each plus shipping in large flat rate. $30 for the tails and $24.75 to ship for a total of $54.75 TYD. Will ship only on Mondays.
0 181 Read More
Trapper Talk
05/05/24 07:27 AM
0 67 Read More
Trapper Talk
05/04/24 04:39 PM
Thought some would be interested in this...mabye [Linked Image]
0 223 Read More
Trap Shed
05/04/24 11:38 AM
Tomahawk are out of stock. Just maybe someone has some that they would part with. #103. I could use some Safeguard 24x7x8, these came with a light green plastic cover for skunks.
Thanks in advance,
Robert Fisher
0 194 Read More
Trap Shed
05/04/24 09:47 AM
[Linked Image]

These traps have strong springs, base plates w/center swivel, PIT pans, outside jaw laminations, and upgraded chain. Traps have been dyed and waxed and ready for use. Due to the size of the traps I’m going to list them in two lots, but if you want all of them I can check on UPS shipping rates and see if one box is cheaper.

(5) traps in large flat rate box- $98 SOLD

(4) traps in medium flat rate box- $78 SPF

Both prices include shipping.[s][/s]
0 320 Read More
Trapper Talk
05/04/24 09:13 AM
lol…..
Happy naked gardening day

Don’t cut off anything you need to keep [Linked Image]
0 475 Read More
Trap Shed
05/04/24 12:12 AM
Looking for Montana #3's in any configuration. Stock or modified.
0 146 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6