No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411054
12/28/18 05:46 AM
12/28/18 05:46 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
no plans to even pay it down marty. to much money to be made from military contracts, welfare and other subsidies. you should quit talking about it, get back to work and pay your taxes. end of the quarter is only a few days away.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411142
12/28/18 08:57 AM
12/28/18 08:57 AM
PA, United States
Trapper 4 Life Offline
trapper
Trapper 4 Life  Offline
trapper

PA, United States
I work for the Conservation District but housed by NRCS. In my experience when the government shuts down I have to move all my materials back up to the district and can't do any work related to NRCS (big pain in the butt). Pay doesn't affect me but it does for NRCS.

Michael Schlauch
Dogwood Whitetails
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411157
12/28/18 09:16 AM
12/28/18 09:16 AM
Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
Ol' Smoke Offline
trapper
Ol' Smoke  Offline
trapper

Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
If only Congress could make children and the elderly suffer terribly from shutdown. That would
teach those dang citizens a lesson not soon forgotten.

---- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE----Bye, Bye Miss American Pie----
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411161
12/28/18 09:21 AM
12/28/18 09:21 AM
Virginia
T
thskeer Offline
trapper
thskeer  Offline
trapper
T

Virginia
My agency has put out guidance that if you had scheduled vacation for this period you are now leave without pay. The last time this happened LWOP was not refunded, and the leave was not restored. We are all excepted too.

It it not a vacation when you aren’t being paid.

Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411209
12/28/18 10:27 AM
12/28/18 10:27 AM
So. IL
pintail_drake04 Offline
trapper
pintail_drake04  Offline
trapper

So. IL
As a Fed LEO, I have to show up for work. When I get paid, is anyone's guess. I told the wife to be prepared for it to be a while, and we prepared in advanced. But the possibility of missing a paycheck while still being required to go to work sucks! Just as an FYI, If there is no agreement by next week, we will miss a paycheck.

Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411228
12/28/18 10:49 AM
12/28/18 10:49 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I thought the POTUS said that those working with out pay told him they were happy to do so?? Build that Wall!! The ones complaining were just liberals and democrats trying to stall the wall?
When the air traffic controllers union went on strike, Ragen fired them all..Showed them who is in charge..If a big business decides to lock out workers no pay asking for concessions. Everyone gets their undies in a bundle things get done. If the government is shut down I say shut it down.. Unpaid should be unpaid and those still working should grow a pair and walk out. No pay don't stay.. Sort out the true Americans from the riff-raff...Then we'd find out who the real essential or nonessential are.
It's all so simple!

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411231
12/28/18 10:54 AM
12/28/18 10:54 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rat Trapper Sr. Offline
trapper
Rat Trapper Sr.  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
The DEMS don't care about us! So come 2020 don't vote for 'em.

Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411303
12/28/18 12:41 PM
12/28/18 12:41 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
This will be a great missed opportunity to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: NonPCfed] #6411318
12/28/18 12:56 PM
12/28/18 12:56 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
JMO, but non essential means deadwood here in the private sector and here in the private sector I can't tell what we're missing with the shutdown. Maybe we ought to consider making it a regular thing.

Yeah, I figured this would pop up, surprised it didn't come up sooner. I think the term "essential" probably should be replaced with "emergency/immediate need/safety" or some other term. Ok, let's follow Warrior's "dead wood" analogy and see what will happen if all the dead wood simply disappeared overnight.

No one to process AntiGov's SS claim when he decides to finally take it
No one to process Warrior's Medicare claims- I think that's mostly contracted out but fed contractors don't get paid in a shutdown either
No federal research of any kind (whether that's being done in house or selecting awardees of grants)- health, wildlife/fisheries, environment, earth sciences, etc
No one to operate or maintain national parks/monuments/historic sites/battlefields etc of any kind
No one to operate or maintain national wildlife refugees, national forests, national grasslands, etc
No one to operate/approve grazing or mineral leases on federal land
No one to determine & approve timber harvesting off of federal land (if they do much of that anymore)
No one to approve off-shore hydrocarbon extraction in national waters
No one to set inter-state hunting seasons, such as with waterfowl
No one to administer various agricultural and rural programs in all the counties of the U.S.
No one to process/issue U.S. passports (want to go to Canada on a hunting trip and don't have a passport already, tough ti**y)
No one to propose specs for new weapon systems for the military (not sure on that one--may be "essential")
No one to issue your mail-order bride a visa to come to the U.S.
etc, etc,, etc

But, hey, who's counting...

The USA, a shinning beacon of freedom and capitalism that all the world can emulate.
frown

Who is John Galt?
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411347
12/28/18 01:21 PM
12/28/18 01:21 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I work seasonal for the National Park Service and everybody gets their back pay,since federal employees get paid every 2 weeks,and these shutdowns don't last that long it really isn't that big of a deal.The shutdown of 2012(?) was a big farce.I'm not saying this because I was no Obama fan but the tactics used to close sections of parks down was nothing but one huge publicity stunt and the news media ran with it.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411355
12/28/18 01:33 PM
12/28/18 01:33 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Non-essential in the NPS generally means the field help,parks in the northern states have shut down operations and projects for the year with the exception of trail grooming for cross country skiers and snowmobilers.I honestly cannot recall administration within the NPS being laid off(didn't say it didn't happen,but I know they didn't get laid off to the same degree that maintenance did).Law Enforcement was kept on.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411359
12/28/18 01:39 PM
12/28/18 01:39 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Government shut down aren't shut downs. Just like every other phrase that emanates from Washington, it's a lie. The pompus morons actually think the average American gives a two rat turds about it. Not even something as simple as a shutdown is actually what is going on. As Jonny Cash sang, What Is Truth?
I mean, if the political point was to make Americans uncomfortable about a 'shutdown' wouldn't it make sense to actually shut it down? It's almost like they exist in a parallel universe.

Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: star flakes] #6411373
12/28/18 01:58 PM
12/28/18 01:58 PM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline OP
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline OP
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin
Originally Posted by star flakes

Star Flakes,

Thanks for the OPM link..... That's ALL I was looking for.

It sure doesn't take much to have a thread get hijacked and go South. I posted this thread to find out what is actually happening with the fed workers and if they'll get back pay. Our mail lady starts at 8:00 A.M., throwing mail at the P.O. For her route. She runs 2 routes because there are not enough carriers to deliver. The P.O. Employment Want Ad is on line, but nobody replies. Must not be enough incentive to work for the USA gov. Decent pay and retirement???????

There's a statement at the top of this forum that says. "No Politics", yet within a matter of a few responses, there's talk about Dems, the past president, personal attacks on federal workers.

I'm 76 years old and follow the words of old #43, God rest his soul.......... "Im not on the Left, I'm not on the Right...... I don't even know if I've got a dog in this fight"! Just looking for info.

I love learning about "trap smithing", new fur handling techniques, and stories/pics from trappers in other states. I have made some great friends on this site and hope to continue doing so.

Before I get called a "drama llama", or told I shouldn't "hold my breath until somebody agrees with me", I'm not here for either one of this reasons....... By the way, I taught high school kids for 44 years, so I'm really used to "Holding my breath"!

"I'm an old dog, and these are all new tricks!"
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6411377
12/28/18 02:09 PM
12/28/18 02:09 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
So the people working payroll are non-essential?

There are still taxes being taken out of my check... Are the people who process incoming revenue non-essential too?

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6411384
12/28/18 02:23 PM
12/28/18 02:23 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

There are still taxes being taken out of my check... Are the people who process incoming revenue non-essential too?

Mike

They've probably been replaced by automation. If every citizen were compelled to go to the local tax house and pay in cash bi weekly or monthly as they were paid for what they earned, taxes would be a lot less than they are now.

Last edited by FlyinFinn; 12/28/18 02:25 PM.
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6418905
01/05/19 09:50 AM
01/05/19 09:50 AM
South Dakota
J
jasonv Offline
trapper
jasonv  Offline
trapper
J

South Dakota
Just finished a full week of busting my butt at the VA hospital and will be back there on Monday as will the rest of the staff. Operations as usual.

Signature: (up to 150 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.
Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6418923
01/05/19 10:20 AM
01/05/19 10:20 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
My USCG pension was deposited ontime. Since our Active members serve under the Homeland Security, I was uncertain when retirememt payments would come. Maybe DOD handles retirememt systems.

Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: FlyinFinn] #6418925
01/05/19 10:22 AM
01/05/19 10:22 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by FlyinFinn
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

They've probably been replaced by automation. If every citizen were compelled to go to the local tax house and pay in cash bi weekly or monthly as they were paid for what they earned, taxes would be a lot less than they are now.

If I had one wish regarding legislation, it would be to remove tax withholding...every citizen would be required to pay their taxes quarterly, to support the level of government they voted for.

THAT, my Friends, would be the quickest ticket to increased Individual Freedom!

Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6418927
01/05/19 10:26 AM
01/05/19 10:26 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
I was told once to remember where my pay check came from when I took a govt job. The "people" chose a non politician for President! We did that for a reason. That reason is more important than any govt workers pay check!

In all reality, we could could cut the govt to 1/3 it's size and America would do nothing but be better off.

We have corrupt politicians holding you "nonessential" govt employees hostage via shutdown. In an effort to turn you and those around you against our president. So that they can continue to let drugs, sex trafficking, and votes flood our country. The constitutional republic we enjoy right now will be over in 20 years if we allow that to continue! They (Democrat) just regained control of house and are already writing legislation that would end our electoral.

This is a war for our nation. It's being fought up there on that hill politically. Let's keep the war there instead of our back yards.

War is tuff! I'm ok with you loosing your govt job instead of a revolution on the streets.

Re: Any Federal Workers Out There? [Re: Muskrat Love] #6418929
01/05/19 10:30 AM
01/05/19 10:30 AM
Virginia
T
thskeer Offline
trapper
thskeer  Offline
trapper
T

Virginia
Charles you are correct. Retirement comes fromDFAS I think. Thankfully not the same as Active Duty folks.

I’m getting No Pay Due. Not good. Mortgage, Tuition, and the rest don’t want some letter- they want the funds. I have already sold some guns to generate cash. Traps may be next.

Morale is pretty low where I work, and I’d bet that 9 out of every 10 there supported leadership in the last election. It isn’t political, just the reality of working without pay. We are prohibited from second jobs, even in a shutdown!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread