04/13/24 09:20 PM
1 340 Read More
Trap Shed
04/13/24 09:05 PM
TTT #3
3 503 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 07:41 PM
Used H stands with 330s and 280s for a lot of years. Now I use this.
[Linked Image]

Works well on both. Totally adjustable for depth. Sharpened rebar can be hammered just about anywhere. Trap can be staked with the rebar.

Still like h stands for 220s most times.

Ted
42 7,342 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by 160user
My advice is don't dwell on what each item brought, only the total at the end. If you get hung up on "the shovel only brought $3" you will give yourself an ulcer. Pick a REALISTIC total and just go off that.

A lot of common sense in that statement In order to have a good auction you need lots of people that all want the same thing And average item with several people bidding will drive the price up The best way to help yourself is clean up items that need to improve on their looks That way people might bid more for it because it will catch their eye.
27 2,292 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 07:05 PM
Don't forget the tman scholarship auction is going on. I know a lot of times posts that are stickied to the top don't get noticed so I just wanted to remind everyone to go check it out.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/16/1/auction-forum
0 389 Read More
Auction Forum
04/13/24 07:04 PM
3 125 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 06:52 PM
Glad you're Still Kickin'

Prayers
7 891 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 06:44 PM
Nice job yall!!
38 6,057 Read More
Trapping Only
04/13/24 06:15 PM
I don’t know about Mike and Mike but I’ve used the 650’s fully laminated and use 4# of pan tension +, without worrying. I used to think 5# might be a little much but after seeing Mr. Sterlings last demo I would not be afraid to go 6 or even 8# of pan tension. Glen stated that he was trying to catch a Mt. lion and was running 16 or 17# of tension and they were still catching coyotes . I can’t attest to that but can say I run a strong 4# of tension and always have a full foot in the trap in most cases. That being said , this would be your simplest solution.

Next if you don’t mind adding some chain 24” ,if I remember right ( maybe 28” ) , this will give your trap more time to lock up . After talking to Ed Medvets he claims if your not running a heavy pan , and use a short chain and don’t use shock springs , that most any animal has such a quick reaction to the trap firing that it can pull out almost instantly.

For me it was a no brainer, add pan tension. On a trap like a 650 with four coils , even with both laminations they come out of the ground pretty quick. On my old #4 long springs that are slower I added both chain and one of Ed’s shock springs. I have been modifying these traps over time and giving them some much needed pan tension. With Ed’s springs they now have 4 swivels and about 32” of chain.

These days the only pullouts I have are my cast jawed 550’s that only have 2 1/2# of pan tension, “ I’m working on that “ .
18 1,513 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 06:00 PM
For DP caps to keep mice out:

Cut Sch40 3/4" pvc pipe into 1.75" lengths. Glue a 3/4" end cap on one end. Sch40 is thicker and less apt to be chewed up.

The 3/4" pipe will fit into the DP, but the cap won't....it'll sit on top of the trap's lip.. Coon can easily flip it off.

Can also prebait the DPs at home and put the cap in the partially depressed trap...spring clasp will hold it in place....and cap keeps bait from spilling out. When at set location...compress spring rest of way and set....leaving cap in trap mouth.

Don't forget to anchor.
14 1,085 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 05:14 PM
Few comments:

The new dash board screens that are in every new vehicle used to regulate everything are a hazard. Doesn't matter what is needed or wanted,( heat control, defroster, radio, gas mileage numbers or all the other crap that it is used for ), you have to take your eyes off the road to use it.

In my area, there are many long straight sections of roads. Some go for miles. Many white crosses along these roads. Speed and stupidity I suspect.

In Oregon, the speed limit for big trucks is 5 mph slower than passenger vehicles. Just causes long strings of vehicles with many trying to look around and passing on corners or many at a time. I usually just pull over and let them go if I have a long way to go. Take up the tail end and leave space for the next one to get around me. Many times the idiots get in front then turn off down the road a ways, or we all get to next town or light at the same time.
29 2,490 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 05:12 PM
Looks like my dad's old woodworking shop
18 917 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
04/13/24 04:52 PM
Congrats Todd! Good that you are teaching the grand kids and youth with traditions and trapping. Working in the villages, I see it is going away fast. First question I ask when arriving in a village, summer or winter, is who traps? What do they trap? Can I meet? I work along side young men from the village and I am shocked when they tell me no one traps or my grampa used to trap. Really deprives the sewing ladies of material. I couldn’t have enough tanned hides to sell when I go to villages. Good to hear from you. Did you weigh any of the wolverine? One on the right looks big..
7 1,423 Read More
Trap Shed
04/13/24 04:47 PM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Single spring bear trap resembles a very large Newhouse 2 1/2 or 3 1/2. Good condition overall. No makers marks. Can send more pictures and dimensions if needed. $325 plus shipping.

[ [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hand forged bear trap in good condition overall. No makers marks. Can send more pictures and dimensions if needed. $400 plus shipping.
[
0 255 Read More
Trap Shed
04/13/24 04:34 PM
Newhouse #6 ATC factory smooth jaw bear trap for sale. Trap is in very good condition overall. One spring has a very slight bend which can be seen at the slight discolored mark. Can send more pictures to email or phone.
SOLD

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 245 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jingles
Agencies and the President do not make laws only Congress can

Look up Chevron deference.
11 1,091 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 03:19 PM
Thank you. Everything I look at has potassium as a preservative. I am using it, it is fermenting, but don't know if it will finish properly.
8 398 Read More
Trap Shed
04/13/24 02:53 PM
TYD $45 for 1 lb 6.5 ounces of fresh frozen mice.
0 186 Read More
Trap Shed
04/13/24 02:51 PM
Will take $210
2 803 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Diggerman,
Why are you being such a turdhead? You just wanna argue with a retired game warden about something you don't know anything about? Direct your efforts elsewhere..because I could care less what you think about me or any employed game wardens.

BTW, here in Georgia, GWs are allowed by state law to go on or about properties, outside of buildings, without a warrant, in the performance of their duties.

Maybe they are allowed to do that in Wisconsin. I hope they visit you regularly! They probably should.

I find it disturbing that a GW would side so heavily against one form of recreating over another, and most if not all GW's stretch Their "performance of duties" when it comes to "tennis shoeing", Yet feel it is just fine to bash houndsman on social media.
Every hunter, trapper, fisherman knows wildlife knows no boundaries, neither do hounds. Wildlife here today, over there tommorow. OR maybe we can all build high fences like Texas and just keep "our" wildlife on "our" property.
If trappers and houndsman can not get along in Georgia, deal with it. Up here most trappers also run hounds, The best trappers I have come to know are also some off the best houndsman.

I became a GW in 1996 to 2022. The fox houndsmen used to run all over the country where I grew up in the late 70s and 80s. Again...deer leases took care of that. Where I worked as a GW and continue to live is pure hound country....all leased to hound hunting clubs. Dog boxes remain in backs of pickups here year-round. Deer hounds, bear hounds, hog dogs..some of my best friends are houndsmen. But, none of that changes the fact that FOX houndsmen back in the day, and any pure fox houndsman today (which there aren't many left), doesn't care for fox trappers.

In the early 80s, I attended multiple statewide meetings that were coordinated by the fox houndsmen to place a limit on the number of foxes a trapper could take annually. A couple of those meetings..I was the only trapper there. It got a little heated. They failed to achieve a law change on the limits..not due to me, but due to the Ga Trappers Assn efforts on a state level.

You're the one that brought game wardens into this topic....can't pass up a chance to gouge at a game warden, especially me because you know I was one.

Keep digging Diggerman! Most on here see it.

BTW,
I can bash who I want now....even you, as I'm not a GW anymore. But I wouldn't bash you.. even though you seem to want to bash me. As you said..haters gonna hate!!!
44 2,080 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 01:51 PM
I keep it in a freezer that don't work.
6 359 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 01:02 PM
Good morning, everyone, 45 with a high of 66 today.
18 441 Read More
Trapping Only
04/13/24 12:59 PM
I usually run the old victor #2 with no problems. Not targeting coon with them but have caught them, I try keeping them in water and haven’t had any chewing, only when they can get up on the bank is when I see it.
28 1,918 Read More
Trapping Only
04/13/24 12:54 PM
Looks like success, congrats
26 1,893 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/13/24 12:14 PM
Got the first coat on and the fabric. 1st top coat goes on later today. Went well. Just used a piece of cotton material the wife had.
That table is 40"X36". I used 1 + a little out of the 2nd 8oz bottle of glue. Need to get another bottle for the top coats.
Wife thinks I should paint it purple but I don't think so.lol
btw Titebond II is indoor outdoor
just
13 1,345 Read More
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18