No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492320
03/16/19 11:14 AM
03/16/19 11:14 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
and meanwhile while everyone is focused on the southern border,the muslims are starting to get a foothold with little opposition from the masses.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492325
03/16/19 11:18 AM
03/16/19 11:18 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Liberals used homelessness as a bludgeon to beat Reagan over the head but look at California today. The state is hardly a sanctuary for homeless Americans and they want to add to the problem by bringing in more.

Liberals don't care about people.

Last edited by Posco; 03/16/19 11:18 AM.
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: James] #6492344
03/16/19 11:36 AM
03/16/19 11:36 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Quit blaming politicians for their position on illegals and firearms. They are sent to DC by voters. Those voters think those things are a good idea. When you have busses going into homeless camps, housing projects, and low income neighborhoods on election day to get out the vote, people on the bus telling them how a candidate is going to give them free stuff, who will they vote for? Here in KS we got a democrat governor last election because people who earn their money stayed home. You cant stay home on election day. Even in a state as red as KS.

Ever notice how homelessness is a much bigger problem in blue states?

Danny, what's wrong with Democrats bussing voters to the polls? The Republicans could bus voters to the polls and pump them up with campaign slogans too. Why don't they? Could it be because they don't want poor people to vote?

The Democrats are the party that will more likely give the poor free stuff that they need or want. Why on earth wouldn't they vote Democrat? Do you think wealthy voters don't vote their own interests? You can't fault the poor for doing the same thing the rich are doing--voting for their own handouts. The rich vote Republican because that is the party that is more likely to deliver the free stuff to them. The difference is that the rich also, in addition to voting, can use their money to buy influence with the politicians.

The homeless are more attracted to cities, where there are social services to help them. Blue states are more urban. Not a lot of big cities in red states. I think that explains the disparity you note.

Jim

I would challenge that James. Who are these "rich" republicans? I'm a breed that's worked hard, have done well some might say, and vote republican often. I want a freebie yes, I want freedom. I pay my share of taxes all in, and I donate a lot to helping causes. What exactly are the free things I'm voting for the government to hand me? Free steak and shrimp? Free fur coats? Free hotel rooms somewhere, what? I simply vote for the government to TAKE less. There may be some very few uber rich voters who somehow get the above listed free bennies, no one I know does. If you look at big government dole outs to solar concerns, auto concerns, etc many of those were democrat based. I've yet to have one of my well to do friends show me a check or pile of money the government hands to them without having plenty taken from them somewhere along the way.
You have made an interesting assumption of all republican voters I'd like to hear more?

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492348
03/16/19 11:41 AM
03/16/19 11:41 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Danny's spot on about blaming to voter! The dem they vote in said what they'd do so why blame them?
I'm trying to explain this to a dem voter on the Pa. Gun thread.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492794
03/16/19 08:42 PM
03/16/19 08:42 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
So far on this thread 1 guy is all that lives anywhere near the border.
just

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: James] #6492893
03/16/19 09:29 PM
03/16/19 09:29 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by J Staton
There's a attempt to call a convention of states. This is where the Constitution can be amended, federal politicians be damned.

Yep.

If it happens, we'd better look out for the Second Amendment, though.

Jim

I concur. IMHO convention of States is a very bad idea. Very bad! There is a reason the Constitution is difficult to amend.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 03/16/19 09:30 PM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: pcr2] #6492907
03/16/19 09:39 PM
03/16/19 09:39 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by pcr2
and meanwhile while everyone is focused on the southern border,the muslims are starting to get a foothold with little opposition from the masses.

Got three or four of them in congress now.They said that's how they would overtake us,,and now its happening.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: upstateNY] #6493038
03/16/19 11:38 PM
03/16/19 11:38 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
The next time you see someone on TV that says dope only comes across the border at ports of entry, remember this photo.

[Linked Image]

The next time someone on TV says military is on the border, remember these photos of Texas Law Enforcement trying to protect our country from invaders.

[Linked Image]

Both boats are armed with M240 machine guns.

[Linked Image]

And the next time someone says catch and release is over, remember the current administration closed 3 detention centers in Texas that housed illegal aliens serving sentences for crimes and then to be deported.

And then there is the rest of the story.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6493039
03/16/19 11:40 PM
03/16/19 11:40 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6493044
03/16/19 11:49 PM
03/16/19 11:49 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Trump has literally said "I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever"

Trump wants to bring in more immigrants, and you support that.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6493060
03/17/19 12:08 AM
03/17/19 12:08 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Trump has literally said "I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever"

His point was not to shut off immigration completely but to stop all illegal immigration .

We have always been a nation of immigrants ........those who were proud to become AMERICANS

we currently have millions of illegal anti american immigrants here .......you ok with that ?

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6493061
03/17/19 12:11 AM
03/17/19 12:11 AM
AK
T
Tradbow1 Offline
trapper
Tradbow1  Offline
trapper
T

AK

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: AntiGov] #6493063
03/17/19 12:13 AM
03/17/19 12:13 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

His point was not to shut off immigration completely but to stop all illegal immigration .

We have always been a nation of immigrants ........those who were proud to become AMERICANS

we currently have millions of illegal anti american immigrants here .......you ok with that ?

I live near St Cloud MN, city has been taken over by Somalis who immigrated legally, I dont want to see the rest of the country messed up like my hometown, it doesnt matter if they are legal or not, I dont want immigrants. Trump is a corporate shill who cares not for his blue collar base, if he could he would trade the lot of you for Mexicans who worked for 2 dollars a hour less.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6493065
03/17/19 12:30 AM
03/17/19 12:30 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
yes something does need to be done at the border.

but a power play would be to offer employee worker amnesty if the employer who knows they are employing an Illegal wants to sponsor the worker for a amnesty visa.
offer that they can register , background check , make sure to update any change of address and report annually.for an interview.
they could then be offered a 5 year visa , conditional on their employment and that they maintain vaccinations..

as some incentive a huge fine for any employer caught still employing an illegal

once you have given anyone who is here or wants to come a chance, there will be no reason not to secure the southern border against illegal drug trafficking..

if it isn't working in 5 years , end the program , by then you will know who everyone is and where everyone is and they can be rounded up at the end of their visa and deported and they will have agreed to it in the fine print of accepting the visa.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread