No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: Posco] #6492091
03/16/19 12:22 AM
03/16/19 12:22 AM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by snowy
The sad part about it is that some of the top blue party was for the wall when our last president was in office. Now they don't want it because their party isn't in the Whitehouse.

I think it's hard for most of us to appreciate just how cynical politicians can be. There was never a chance of a wall being built, that's why they felt comfortable saying they'd support one.

I agree

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: adam m] #6492096
03/16/19 12:29 AM
03/16/19 12:29 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by adam m
That's true snowy.
3togo, the Potus can issue an eo giving term limits. There's a few in the house who support it.

How did you come up with that? Congress is a co-equal (to the executive) branch of government. The president can no more dictate term limits to Congress than Congress can tell the president who to appoint to his cabinet.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492100
03/16/19 12:31 AM
03/16/19 12:31 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
The sad part about it is that some of the top blue party was for the wall when our last president was in office. Now they don't want it because their party isn't in the Whitehouse.

The Facts;
"We still don’t understand why the Democrats are so wholeheartedly against it. They voted for it in 2006. Then-Sen. Obama voted for it. Sen. Schumer voted for it. Sen. Clinton voted for it. So we don’t understand why Democrats are now playing politics just because Donald Trump is in office."

Snowy, who are you quoting, and what exactly did those Democrats vote for? That quote is off-the-wall enough to make me suspicious.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492103
03/16/19 12:36 AM
03/16/19 12:36 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Jimmy wants open boarders,,plus one of his specialitys is lawyering up muslims.

Last edited by upstateNY; 03/16/19 12:38 AM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492107
03/16/19 12:44 AM
03/16/19 12:44 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Donnersurvivor; 03/16/19 12:53 AM.
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492108
03/16/19 12:53 AM
03/16/19 12:53 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
You're right I mistaken. I was thinking since He's the head of the executive.
The scotus in 95 ruled that term limits can only be done by a constitutional amendment which is out of the president's hand

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492111
03/16/19 01:03 AM
03/16/19 01:03 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

There's a attempt to call a convention of states. This is where the Constitution can be amended, federal politicians be damned.

Last edited by J Staton; 03/16/19 01:03 AM.
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: ] #6492112
03/16/19 01:07 AM
03/16/19 01:07 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by J Staton
There's a attempt to call a convention of states. This is where the Constitution can be amended, federal politicians be damned.

Yep.

If it happens, we'd better look out for the Second Amendment, though.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492154
03/16/19 06:36 AM
03/16/19 06:36 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Great point, James. The anti-gun crowd would definately smell blood in the water.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492158
03/16/19 06:49 AM
03/16/19 06:49 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Quit blaming politicians for their position on illegals and firearms. They are sent to DC by voters. Those voters think those things are a good idea. When you have busses going into homeless camps, housing projects, and low income neighborhoods on election day to get out the vote, people on the bus telling them how a candidate is going to give them free stuff, who will they vote for? Here in KS we got a democrat governor last election because people who earn their money stayed home. You cant stay home on election day. Even in a state as red as KS.

Ever notice how homelessness is a much bigger problem in blue states?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492163
03/16/19 07:01 AM
03/16/19 07:01 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Time to introduce politicians and journalists to tall trees and short ropes. We the People are the rightful masters. Past time to put the fear into them. Make it very clear: put a wall and armed men at the border now, or suffer the consequences.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: danny clifton] #6492168
03/16/19 07:17 AM
03/16/19 07:17 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Quit blaming politicians for their position on illegals and firearms. They are sent to DC by voters. Those voters think those things are a good idea. When you have busses going into homeless camps, housing projects, and low income neighborhoods on election day to get out the vote, people on the bus telling them how a candidate is going to give them free stuff, who will they vote for? Here in KS we got a democrat governor last election because people who earn their money stayed home. You cant stay home on election day. Even in a state as red as KS.

Ever notice how homelessness is a much bigger problem in blue states?

Danny, what's wrong with Democrats bussing voters to the polls? The Republicans could bus voters to the polls and pump them up with campaign slogans too. Why don't they? Could it be because they don't want poor people to vote?

The Democrats are the party that will more likely give the poor free stuff that they need or want. Why on earth wouldn't they vote Democrat? Do you think wealthy voters don't vote their own interests? You can't fault the poor for doing the same thing the rich are doing--voting for their own handouts. The rich vote Republican because that is the party that is more likely to deliver the free stuff to them. The difference is that the rich also, in addition to voting, can use their money to buy influence with the politicians.

The homeless are more attracted to cities, where there are social services to help them. Blue states are more urban. Not a lot of big cities in red states. I think that explains the disparity you note.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492174
03/16/19 07:38 AM
03/16/19 07:38 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
But James still says he's not a Democrat!!
Thank God for Electoral College.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6492181
03/16/19 07:53 AM
03/16/19 07:53 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

[Linked Image]

You don't give time or insight to a person who by his own admission would, "Vote for any Democrat with a pulse."

What would be the point?

Over the years there have been many, many thoughtful and intelligent responses given to James' liberal nonsense where his rhetoric has been shown to be false. He has been proved wrong many times. He puts most of the folks who do that on "ignore."

Over the years it has become increasingly clear that he comes here mostly to post controversial and inflammatory comments to get as much reaction out of Tman members as he can (AKA trolling). When folks finally get fed up with his crap like they did a couple of weeks ago, He plays the victim. He dials it back, spins and diverts and tells us "what he really meant" and how we "misunderstood him."

Then he plays nice for a while before he starts trolling again.

Eh...wot?

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492200
03/16/19 08:31 AM
03/16/19 08:31 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
James that was my point. If you stay home on election day don't be surprised if you don't like the tally. That is exactly what happened here in KS. People in Olathe and Lawrence showed up and farmers out around Scott City did not. We were busy that Tuesday. I left work early to vote. Took some ribbing from guys I work with. They were not so glib on Wednesday.

I don't believe homeless people move to places with more handouts. At least not in droves. In city's like San Diego, LA, and Seattle I think most of them are locals. Section 8, (government rent subsidy), housing projects, and state handouts, keep real estate values and rent artificially high. Without those subsidies we would not have more homeless we would have less. Do you really believe that government health care is not the reason cost is so high? You ran a law business. Could you have profited by charging more than your customers could pay?

A lot of homeless are addicts and or mentally ill. Those numbers per capita are pretty much the same where ever you go. We need programs for the mentally ill. People don't choose to be ill.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492207
03/16/19 08:47 AM
03/16/19 08:47 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
i tried the keep your friends close and you're enemies even closer with him but it was like peein in the wind and i gave that up years ago.

i do wish him the best and will pray for him.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: James] #6492222
03/16/19 08:59 AM
03/16/19 08:59 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline OP
trapper
snowy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted by James

The Facts;
"We still don’t understand why the Democrats are so wholeheartedly against it. They voted for it in 2006. Then-Sen. Obama voted for it. Sen. Schumer voted for it. Sen. Clinton voted for it. So we don’t understand why Democrats are now playing politics just because Donald Trump is in office."

Snowy, who are you quoting, and what exactly did those Democrats vote for? That quote is off-the-wall enough to make me suspicious.

Jim

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/04/democrats-support-border-wall/
There are numerous article and voting record documentation of the these three for it. I even heard NBC actually say it one day. LOL Unbelievable they would of slipped to say that. The thing is they don't want any type of wall now, no way no nothing even if the wall looks have changed since that vote.
Thanks James

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: snowy] #6492315
03/16/19 11:09 AM
03/16/19 11:09 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Are people blind ,Our politicians are under the influence (of money) and they are being threatened and bought off !If you fail to see this and that's a majority of the nation . We are not headed to a slippery slope we are on it and almost to the point of no return. A million illegals a year ? more ? less? Registered to vote and drivers license to boot? I have seen them in gun shops and stores buying firearms but I neve see them out hunting. I am white and I feel that I am not represented. So what do we do . Violence will get you dead or imprisoned . Voting is so corrupt . Any ideas

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: Lugnut] #6492317
03/16/19 11:12 AM
03/16/19 11:12 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

[Linked Image]

You don't give time or insight to a person who by his own admission would, "Vote for any Democrat with a pulse."

What would be the point?

Over the years there have been many, many thoughtful and intelligent responses given to James' liberal nonsense where his rhetoric has been shown to be false. He has been proved wrong many times. He puts most of the folks who do that on "ignore."

Over the years it has become increasingly clear that he comes here mostly to post controversial and inflammatory comments to get as much reaction out of Tman members as he can (AKA trolling). When folks finally get fed up with his crap like they did a couple of weeks ago, He plays the victim. He dials it back, spins and diverts and tells us "what he really meant" and how we "misunderstood him."

Then he plays nice for a while before he starts trolling again.

100 % correct

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Something needs to be done at the border [Re: Snowpa] #6492319
03/16/19 11:13 AM
03/16/19 11:13 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by Snowpa
I am white and I feel that I am not represented. So what do we do . Violence will get you dead or imprisoned . Voting is so corrupt . Any ideas

Prepare yourself for the eventuality.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread