Home

Something needs to be done at the border

Posted By: snowy

Something needs to be done at the border - 03/15/19 08:26 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nearly-3...after-crossing-us-mexico-border-in-texas
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/15/19 09:28 PM

Yes. Well, Congress just over-ruled Trump's declaration to build the wall, including 12 Republican members of Congress. Any ideas? We no longer have an effective Government. There's only one thing left. Oh, we get to vote again in 2 years!

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/15/19 10:16 PM

I don't. It is to bad people have these egos where they have to have the last word just to show they have power. Instead of trying to solve these issues it is a power struggle not doing what is important. Very Sad!
Posted By: adam m

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/15/19 10:35 PM

Gary one idea is to get rid of the career politicians. Trump will veto it. The crazy thing is if it was any other potus the dems wouldn't be fighting it. Numerous ranchers in TX, NM, and Az have invited various senators to visit their land on the border no one has showed up yet.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/15/19 10:48 PM

Adam I just heard that a few weeks back. A rancher on the border contact Nancy P to come down to see for herself and she never answered there offer.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 12:06 AM

Trump was elected and elections have consequences.....his primary promise/campaign theme was 'build a wall'....seems to me the citizens already voted for a wall so I hope it gets built pretty fast since the country voted for it to be built.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 12:51 AM

Unfortunately the career politicians would need to re-write the laws to eliminate their own positions. Not likely that will happen. The only hope we will have for our own beliefs is to keep voting someone into office that has a business attitude and understands that America needs to come first. Politicians are only interested in prolonging anything/everything.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 12:56 AM

I hate to say it but these communist ideals are at some point going to need to be eradicated from our rebulic..
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 12:59 AM

Amazing that any American in America would not want a wall to protect this once great country from S hole cancer and Anti-Americanism

Too many anti-americans in this country ............
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 01:11 AM

There are 3 branches of government.

The Congress passed a Bill
The President Vetoed the Bill passed by Congress.
Lawsuits trying to block the President's actions will ultimately be determined by the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court will rule based on Law passed by Congress in 1976.
Trump will build his wall with shuffled around money.
Winning so much I am getting sick of winning!!!

Ain't Constitutional Republic Government grand?!

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 01:12 AM

5 of the top 10 most violent cities in the world are in Mexico which is quite a feat for the Mexicans to have achieved, the rest of the top ten are in South America.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
There are 3 branches of government.

The Congress passed a Bill
The President Vetoed the Bill passed by Congress.
Lawsuits trying to block the President's actions will ultimately be determined by the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court will rule based on Law passed by Congress in 1976.
Trump will build his wall with shuffled around money.
Winning so much I am getting sick of winning!!!

Ain't Constitutional Republic Government grand?!

smile

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 01:16 AM

That's true snowy.
3togo, the Potus can issue an eo giving term limits. There's a few in the house who support it.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 01:17 AM

The sad part about it is that some of the top blue party was for the wall when our last president was in office. Now they don't want it because their party isn't in the Whitehouse.

The Facts;
"We still don’t understand why the Democrats are so wholeheartedly against it. They voted for it in 2006. Then-Sen. Obama voted for it. Sen. Schumer voted for it. Sen. Clinton voted for it. So we don’t understand why Democrats are now playing politics just because Donald Trump is in office."
Posted By: Posco

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by snowy
The sad part about it is that some of the top blue party was for the wall when our last president was in office. Now they don't want it because their party isn't in the Whitehouse.

I think it's hard for most of us to appreciate just how cynical politicians can be. There was never a chance of a wall being built, that's why they felt comfortable saying they'd support one.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 01:25 AM

Trump said he wants immigrants to come to this country "in the largest numbers ever", build the wall, wont change anything anyways, they'll just have green cards so it is easier for them to take your job.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 01:38 AM

The Facts;
"We still don’t understand why the Democrats are so wholeheartedly against it. They voted for it in 2006. Then-Sen. Obama voted for it. Sen. Schumer voted for it. Sen. Clinton voted for it. So we don’t understand why Democrats are now playing politics just because Donald Trump is in office."

They did the math and realized they are murdering their future voting base on an industrial scale... So they need replacements.

Mike
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 02:13 AM

Trump has accomplished a lot.Imagine if he didn't have to also fight RINOS.The fake republicans are more of a deterent to him than the Dumbocrats.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 02:37 AM

Apparently some of you guys are unwilling to sacrifice the country to avoid a theoretical violation of the constitution.
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 03:24 AM

All we have to do is place invitation cards at the border.

The invitation would have Nancy address and the food and tequila is free to all who attend.

She will then change her mind real quick.

I am not joking
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Posco

I think it's hard for most of us to appreciate just how cynical politicians can be. There was never a chance of a wall being built, that's why they felt comfortable saying they'd support one.

I agree
Posted By: James

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by adam m
That's true snowy.
3togo, the Potus can issue an eo giving term limits. There's a few in the house who support it.

How did you come up with that? Congress is a co-equal (to the executive) branch of government. The president can no more dictate term limits to Congress than Congress can tell the president who to appoint to his cabinet.

Jim

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 04:31 AM

The Facts;

Snowy, who are you quoting, and what exactly did those Democrats vote for? That quote is off-the-wall enough to make me suspicious.

Jim

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 04:36 AM

Jimmy wants open boarders,,plus one of his specialitys is lawyering up muslims.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 04:44 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 04:53 AM

You're right I mistaken. I was thinking since He's the head of the executive.
The scotus in 95 ruled that term limits can only be done by a constitutional amendment which is out of the president's hand
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 05:03 AM

There's a attempt to call a convention of states. This is where the Constitution can be amended, federal politicians be damned.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
There's a attempt to call a convention of states. This is where the Constitution can be amended, federal politicians be damned.

Yep.

If it happens, we'd better look out for the Second Amendment, though.

Jim
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 10:36 AM

Great point, James. The anti-gun crowd would definately smell blood in the water.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 10:49 AM

Quit blaming politicians for their position on illegals and firearms. They are sent to DC by voters. Those voters think those things are a good idea. When you have busses going into homeless camps, housing projects, and low income neighborhoods on election day to get out the vote, people on the bus telling them how a candidate is going to give them free stuff, who will they vote for? Here in KS we got a democrat governor last election because people who earn their money stayed home. You cant stay home on election day. Even in a state as red as KS.

Ever notice how homelessness is a much bigger problem in blue states?
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 11:01 AM

Time to introduce politicians and journalists to tall trees and short ropes. We the People are the rightful masters. Past time to put the fear into them. Make it very clear: put a wall and armed men at the border now, or suffer the consequences.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Quit blaming politicians for their position on illegals and firearms. They are sent to DC by voters. Those voters think those things are a good idea. When you have busses going into homeless camps, housing projects, and low income neighborhoods on election day to get out the vote, people on the bus telling them how a candidate is going to give them free stuff, who will they vote for? Here in KS we got a democrat governor last election because people who earn their money stayed home. You cant stay home on election day. Even in a state as red as KS.

Danny, what's wrong with Democrats bussing voters to the polls? The Republicans could bus voters to the polls and pump them up with campaign slogans too. Why don't they? Could it be because they don't want poor people to vote?

The Democrats are the party that will more likely give the poor free stuff that they need or want. Why on earth wouldn't they vote Democrat? Do you think wealthy voters don't vote their own interests? You can't fault the poor for doing the same thing the rich are doing--voting for their own handouts. The rich vote Republican because that is the party that is more likely to deliver the free stuff to them. The difference is that the rich also, in addition to voting, can use their money to buy influence with the politicians.

The homeless are more attracted to cities, where there are social services to help them. Blue states are more urban. Not a lot of big cities in red states. I think that explains the disparity you note.

Jim
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 11:38 AM

But James still says he's not a Democrat!!
Thank God for Electoral College.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

[Linked Image]

You don't give time or insight to a person who by his own admission would, "Vote for any Democrat with a pulse."

What would be the point?

Over the years there have been many, many thoughtful and intelligent responses given to James' liberal nonsense where his rhetoric has been shown to be false. He has been proved wrong many times. He puts most of the folks who do that on "ignore."

Over the years it has become increasingly clear that he comes here mostly to post controversial and inflammatory comments to get as much reaction out of Tman members as he can (AKA trolling). When folks finally get fed up with his crap like they did a couple of weeks ago, He plays the victim. He dials it back, spins and diverts and tells us "what he really meant" and how we "misunderstood him."

Then he plays nice for a while before he starts trolling again.

Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 12:31 PM

James that was my point. If you stay home on election day don't be surprised if you don't like the tally. That is exactly what happened here in KS. People in Olathe and Lawrence showed up and farmers out around Scott City did not. We were busy that Tuesday. I left work early to vote. Took some ribbing from guys I work with. They were not so glib on Wednesday.

I don't believe homeless people move to places with more handouts. At least not in droves. In city's like San Diego, LA, and Seattle I think most of them are locals. Section 8, (government rent subsidy), housing projects, and state handouts, keep real estate values and rent artificially high. Without those subsidies we would not have more homeless we would have less. Do you really believe that government health care is not the reason cost is so high? You ran a law business. Could you have profited by charging more than your customers could pay?

A lot of homeless are addicts and or mentally ill. Those numbers per capita are pretty much the same where ever you go. We need programs for the mentally ill. People don't choose to be ill.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 12:47 PM

i tried the keep your friends close and you're enemies even closer with him but it was like peein in the wind and i gave that up years ago.

i do wish him the best and will pray for him.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by James

The Facts;

Snowy, who are you quoting, and what exactly did those Democrats vote for? That quote is off-the-wall enough to make me suspicious.

Jim

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/04/democrats-support-border-wall/
There are numerous article and voting record documentation of the these three for it. I even heard NBC actually say it one day. LOL Unbelievable they would of slipped to say that. The thing is they don't want any type of wall now, no way no nothing even if the wall looks have changed since that vote.
Thanks James
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 03:09 PM

Are people blind ,Our politicians are under the influence (of money) and they are being threatened and bought off !If you fail to see this and that's a majority of the nation . We are not headed to a slippery slope we are on it and almost to the point of no return. A million illegals a year ? more ? less? Registered to vote and drivers license to boot? I have seen them in gun shops and stores buying firearms but I neve see them out hunting. I am white and I feel that I am not represented. So what do we do . Violence will get you dead or imprisoned . Voting is so corrupt . Any ideas

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

[Linked Image]

You don't give time or insight to a person who by his own admission would, "Vote for any Democrat with a pulse."

What would be the point?

Over the years there have been many, many thoughtful and intelligent responses given to James' liberal nonsense where his rhetoric has been shown to be false. He has been proved wrong many times. He puts most of the folks who do that on "ignore."

Over the years it has become increasingly clear that he comes here mostly to post controversial and inflammatory comments to get as much reaction out of Tman members as he can (AKA trolling). When folks finally get fed up with his crap like they did a couple of weeks ago, He plays the victim. He dials it back, spins and diverts and tells us "what he really meant" and how we "misunderstood him."

Then he plays nice for a while before he starts trolling again.

100 % correct

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Snowpa
I am white and I feel that I am not represented. So what do we do . Violence will get you dead or imprisoned . Voting is so corrupt . Any ideas

Prepare yourself for the eventuality.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 03:14 PM

and meanwhile while everyone is focused on the southern border,the muslims are starting to get a foothold with little opposition from the masses.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 03:18 PM

Liberals used homelessness as a bludgeon to beat Reagan over the head but look at California today. The state is hardly a sanctuary for homeless Americans and they want to add to the problem by bringing in more.

Liberals don't care about people.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Danny, what's wrong with Democrats bussing voters to the polls? The Republicans could bus voters to the polls and pump them up with campaign slogans too. Why don't they? Could it be because they don't want poor people to vote?

The Democrats are the party that will more likely give the poor free stuff that they need or want. Why on earth wouldn't they vote Democrat? Do you think wealthy voters don't vote their own interests? You can't fault the poor for doing the same thing the rich are doing--voting for their own handouts. The rich vote Republican because that is the party that is more likely to deliver the free stuff to them. The difference is that the rich also, in addition to voting, can use their money to buy influence with the politicians.

The homeless are more attracted to cities, where there are social services to help them. Blue states are more urban. Not a lot of big cities in red states. I think that explains the disparity you note.

Jim

I would challenge that James. Who are these "rich" republicans? I'm a breed that's worked hard, have done well some might say, and vote republican often. I want a freebie yes, I want freedom. I pay my share of taxes all in, and I donate a lot to helping causes. What exactly are the free things I'm voting for the government to hand me? Free steak and shrimp? Free fur coats? Free hotel rooms somewhere, what? I simply vote for the government to TAKE less. There may be some very few uber rich voters who somehow get the above listed free bennies, no one I know does. If you look at big government dole outs to solar concerns, auto concerns, etc many of those were democrat based. I've yet to have one of my well to do friends show me a check or pile of money the government hands to them without having plenty taken from them somewhere along the way.
You have made an interesting assumption of all republican voters I'd like to hear more?

Osky
Posted By: hippie

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/16/19 03:41 PM

Danny's spot on about blaming to voter! The dem they vote in said what they'd do so why blame them?
I'm trying to explain this to a dem voter on the Pa. Gun thread.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 12:42 AM

So far on this thread 1 guy is all that lives anywhere near the border.
just
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton

Yep.

If it happens, we'd better look out for the Second Amendment, though.

Jim

I concur. IMHO convention of States is a very bad idea. Very bad! There is a reason the Constitution is difficult to amend.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2
and meanwhile while everyone is focused on the southern border,the muslims are starting to get a foothold with little opposition from the masses.

Got three or four of them in congress now.They said that's how they would overtake us,,and now its happening.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 03:38 AM

The next time you see someone on TV that says dope only comes across the border at ports of entry, remember this photo.

[Linked Image]

The next time someone on TV says military is on the border, remember these photos of Texas Law Enforcement trying to protect our country from invaders.

[Linked Image]

Both boats are armed with M240 machine guns.

[Linked Image]

And the next time someone says catch and release is over, remember the current administration closed 3 detention centers in Texas that housed illegal aliens serving sentences for crimes and then to be deported.

And then there is the rest of the story.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 03:40 AM

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 03:49 AM

Trump has literally said "I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever"

Trump wants to bring in more immigrants, and you support that.

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 04:08 AM

Trump has literally said "I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever"

His point was not to shut off immigration completely but to stop all illegal immigration .

We have always been a nation of immigrants ........those who were proud to become AMERICANS

we currently have millions of illegal anti american immigrants here .......you ok with that ?
Posted By: Tradbow1

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 04:11 AM

For James.

https://m.facebook.com/IJRRed/videos/2273257139577990/

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

His point was not to shut off immigration completely but to stop all illegal immigration .

We have always been a nation of immigrants ........those who were proud to become AMERICANS

we currently have millions of illegal anti american immigrants here .......you ok with that ?

I live near St Cloud MN, city has been taken over by Somalis who immigrated legally, I dont want to see the rest of the country messed up like my hometown, it doesnt matter if they are legal or not, I dont want immigrants. Trump is a corporate shill who cares not for his blue collar base, if he could he would trade the lot of you for Mexicans who worked for 2 dollars a hour less.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Something needs to be done at the border - 03/17/19 04:30 AM

yes something does need to be done at the border.

but a power play would be to offer employee worker amnesty if the employer who knows they are employing an Illegal wants to sponsor the worker for a amnesty visa.
offer that they can register , background check , make sure to update any change of address and report annually.for an interview.
they could then be offered a 5 year visa , conditional on their employment and that they maintain vaccinations..

as some incentive a huge fine for any employer caught still employing an illegal

once you have given anyone who is here or wants to come a chance, there will be no reason not to secure the southern border against illegal drug trafficking..

if it isn't working in 5 years , end the program , by then you will know who everyone is and where everyone is and they can be rounded up at the end of their visa and deported and they will have agreed to it in the fine print of accepting the visa.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums