No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Finster] #8103261
03/19/24 08:45 AM
03/19/24 08:45 AM
Washington
J
Jingles Offline
trapper
Jingles  Offline
trapper
J

Washington
Rather than ( as 1 stated above) doing away with SS payments. Change it to if you paid in you get out if you didn't contribute to do not get to withdraw.
If there are help wanted signs posted unemployment is not available.
If a person started drawing ADC with 2 kids no additional funds available for any additional kids.
Restrict government assistance funds to absolute essentials, no beer, booze candy, cigarettes, flat screen tv's, require monthly drug test.

Last edited by Jingles; 03/19/24 08:49 AM.

The job of a Patriot is not to protect his country but to protect the people from the tryannical government
Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Finster] #8103268
03/19/24 08:56 AM
03/19/24 08:56 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
I’m not 100% sure she isn’t actually complaining about that system.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Finster] #8103302
03/19/24 09:49 AM
03/19/24 09:49 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
How is the u.s. dollar a ponzi scheme?

A ponzi scheme is where early investors are paid with later investors’ money?

Nobody is getting their money back in ssi, they are getting current payroll tax payers’ money.

Who is John Galt?
Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Dirt] #8103339
03/19/24 10:32 AM
03/19/24 10:32 AM
WI
M
Mando Offline
trapper
Mando  Offline
trapper
M

WI
Originally Posted by Dirt
How is the u.s. dollar a ponzi scheme?

A ponzi scheme is where early investors are paid with later investors’ money?

Nobody is getting their money back in ssi, they are getting current payroll tax payers’ money.

It's a ponzi scheme because every dollar is taxed over and over again.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Finster] #8103351
03/19/24 10:41 AM
03/19/24 10:41 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Ponzi scheme has a definition. Apparently on here it means whatever people want to define it? It requires early investors to be paid by later investors’ money.

Who is John Galt?
Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Finster] #8103386
03/19/24 11:57 AM
03/19/24 11:57 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Boco

Then where is all the gold that the US buys up from all the gold mines in Canada going?if your dollar is not backed by it?
The United States went off the gold standard in 1933

I thought you dont believe what the govt tells you.
I guess its only what you want to believe and what you dont.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: bowhunter27295] #8103391
03/19/24 12:03 PM
03/19/24 12:03 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended.

How is getting my own money back considered government assistance?By the way,,,if the Gov. didn't steal a ton of money from the Social Security fund,,, using it as the goose that layed the golden egg ,, Social Security would be not just solvent,,but decades ahead in the black.

Last edited by upstateNY; 03/19/24 01:17 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: bowhunter27295] #8103411
03/19/24 12:23 PM
03/19/24 12:23 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Online content
trapper
ScottW  Online Content
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
When I bring up taking away voting rights everyone gets all butt hurt.

All a politician wants is a vote. Change the voting population and you change who the politician caters to.

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended. As long as you are on any type of government assistance and you get to vote, you can vote yourself a raise by voting for the deadbeat politician who is taking my money to give to you. The politicians take, not borrow, my money and tell the dependents they will give them more by taking more away from me, as long as they vote for them. Why doesn't anyone see this connection?

Military vets excluded.

There’s a genius and obviously fair idea! You’re talking about eliminating the voting rights of millions of folks who actually worked and paid in probably their whole working career? I get your premise a little and it would make some sense if social security were setup quite a bit differently. But as a whole, I think it’s a ridiculous idea…..as many other have clearly acknowledged and pointed out…..but I just couldn’t help myself. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: bowhunter27295] #8103440
03/19/24 01:26 PM
03/19/24 01:26 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended.

If you put money in the bank every week for 40 years,,,,then you go to withdraw some of that money,,,are you now considered on "Bank Assistance",,and all future banking rights should be suspended?Thats your logic.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Dirt] #8103569
03/19/24 05:07 PM
03/19/24 05:07 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by Dirt
Ponzi scheme has a definition. Apparently on here it means whatever people want to define it? It requires early investors to be paid by later investors’ money.

From day one, SS has been taken out of my check for 56 years now. Not one penny of it was earmarked for those who were drawing SS for those 56 years. It was spent on "candy and cigarettes" so to speak, by the Government. The federal government has been operating in debt the entirety of that 56 years.
That to me is a Ponzi scheme.
If I had were to have had the choice to invest all of that money they took out for SS into a private account drawing interest rates available during that time period I would be rolling in money right now.
Instead, when I retire, I will be looking at a measly monthly check until I croak with nothing to leave to my kids.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Boco] #8103626
03/19/24 06:32 PM
03/19/24 06:32 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Boco

I thought you dont believe what the govt tells you.
I guess its only what you want to believe and what you dont.

Just sit there quietly Boco, and let people think you're an idiot instead of typing another word and removing all doubt.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: upstateNY] #8103637
03/19/24 06:48 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by upstateNY

If you put money in the bank every week for 40 years,,,,then you go to withdraw some of that money,,,are you now considered on "Bank Assistance",,and all future banking rights should be suspended?Thats your logic.

Nope you are wrong.

There is no personal account of money in SS just for you.

To be accurate, it is the equivalent of you putting money into a general fund in the bank. Then the bank decides how much of it the previous generation will get. But you get no interest and if the bank decides to use that money for something else you have zero say in it.

The working generation pays the SS of the retired generation. When SS was enacted, the worker to retiree ratio was 30:1. It is now around 8:1 I think. You paid for your fathers portion of money he was decreed from the "bank" that you put in contributing to the general bank fund.

And as a final stab in the ribs, you might get 20 years worth of that general pittance or it may be one month, depending on when you die. And don't forget, your children get none of it as an inheritance. It is all held onto and divided out by "bank associates" at their whim and pleasure.

Then when you retire, your children will get to pay your SS by being taxed to death because BY GOD you deserve it.

Do you understand that logic?

Ticket 2 issued.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: ScottW] #8103638
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by ScottW
When I bring up taking away voting rights everyone gets all butt hurt.

All a politician wants is a vote. Change the voting population and you change who the politician caters to.

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended. As long as you are on any type of government assistance and you get to vote, you can vote yourself a raise by voting for the deadbeat politician who is taking my money to give to you. The politicians take, not borrow, my money and tell the dependents they will give them more by taking more away from me, as long as they vote for them. Why doesn't anyone see this connection?

Military vets excluded.

There’s a genius and obviously fair idea! You’re talking about eliminating the voting rights of millions of folks who actually worked and paid in probably their whole working career? I get your premise a little and it would make some sense if social security were setup quite a bit differently. But as a whole, I think it’s a ridiculous idea…..as many other have clearly acknowledged and pointed out…..but I just couldn’t help myself. Happy trapping! ScottW

Your opinion is noted. Thank you for your participation. Ticket three issued.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Gary Benson] #8103640
03/19/24 06:51 PM
03/19/24 06:51 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by Gary Benson

How much will the last guy get who put in all his life until SS expires the day before he's eligible?

$0.00

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Finster] #8103641
03/19/24 06:58 PM
03/19/24 06:58 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
I wish I could opt out of SS. Just write me a check and add 3% annualized for every year I contributed. I would then have accumulated wealth and have something to possibly hand down to my children.

And if I put it into a bank savings account, I would get more interest than if it were left in SS.

All you butt hurt guys understand you don't have to draw until you are 70, right? So if your voting rights are precious to you, you can decide to not opt in until you are 70. That is my plan.

But allowing a politician to use my money to buy your vote and promise to take more from me to give to you is dead wrong and straight theft. You may not like that, but it is not a lie. Many seasoned citizens vote for politicians that will raise their precious SS check. All the while talking about how they love the children and how more needs to be done for the children. Just don't short them on their SS check because they don't love the children that much.

Some people speak of not being dependent on government. Mostly talk and no walk when it come to that SS check.

To the original intent of this thread. It is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: bowhunter27295] #8103645
03/19/24 07:03 PM
03/19/24 07:03 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Gary Benson

How much will the last guy get who put in all his life until SS expires the day before he's eligible?

$0.00

I just signed up for ss.

On one page it shows exactly how much I paid, how much my employers have paid for me and how much I paid into medicare. I'd sooner have it in a lump sum instead of smaller payments because I might not live long enough to get all back I paid in.

I paid it, I don't feel bad collecting it....and neither will you someday.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: bowhunter27295] #8103652
03/19/24 07:08 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
I wish I could opt out of SS. Just write me a check and add 3% annualized for every year I contributed. I would then have accumulated wealth and have something to possibly hand down to my children.

If you put money in the bank,,then 40 years later want to withdraw some,,do you think they go back in the vault and hand you the exact same bills you deposited 40 years ago,,or does it come out of a general fund?Just like Social Security.See how your thinking is faulted.Your Welcome,,,again. grin

Last edited by upstateNY; 03/19/24 07:08 PM.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: hippie] #8103654
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by hippie
I just signed up for ss.

On one page it shows exactly how much I paid, how much my employers have paid for me and how much I paid into medicare. I'd sooner have it in a lump sum instead of smaller payments because I might not live long enough to get all back I paid in.

I paid it, I don't feel bad collecting it....and neither will you someday.

So will your money only be drawn from that account?

How many years will you have to live to get that money back based on your SS check?

Will you vote for the politician that will give you a raise on your SS check?

Are SS recipients dependents of the government?

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: upstateNY] #8103661
03/19/24 07:14 PM
03/19/24 07:14 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by upstateNY

If you put money in the bank,,then 40 years later want to withdraw some,,do you think they go back in the vault and hand you the exact same bills you deposited 40 years ago,,or does it come out of a general fund?Just like Social Security.See how your thinking is faulted.Your Welcome,,,again. grin

But you have no say in how much you get. They give you what they determine. I would rather have my money for me, but the government has to keep you dependent and give a lot of your money to people who put nothing in. Did you even watch the video at the beginning?

You have an exact account in the bank. You do not have an exact account with SS. You put money into the pool involuntarily. And guess what happens to that money when you die?

Does the bank hold onto the exact bills you put in and give them back to you in 40 years? Stupid question.

Can you give that money in the "bank" to your children? Nope.

Ticket 4 issued.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. [Re: Finster] #8103682
03/19/24 07:41 PM
03/19/24 07:41 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
^^^^ You can type till your fingers fall off if you want.When you say anyone collecting Social Security is dependent on the government and should lose their voting rights,,,you are a fool,,and everyone in here can see that.Your welcome. grin Have you ever payed into Social Security?Do you plan to collect when the time comes?

Last edited by upstateNY; 03/19/24 07:43 PM.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread