Home

One of the reasons we are where we are.

Posted By: Finster

One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 05:29 PM

People like this should be cut off. She has no intention of ever contributing to society. One of the major things wrong in this country.

Posted By: jalstat

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 05:34 PM

That’s all the better some people want they have no desire to own anything other than what the government gives them but the kicker is when they cry that the people who busted their rears have too much what low life morons

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by jalstat
That’s all the better some people want they have no desire to own anything other than what the government gives them but the kicker is when they cry that the people who busted their rears have too much what low life morons

Trouble is that we are the ones footing the bill. If she wants to own nothing, fine. But we shouldn't be expected to feed and house her lazy arse. She should make her own way or starve to death. No one is buying my food or paying for my house.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 06:02 PM

I was just in a discussion about this with a coworker. We enable this. Poor people have no incentive to get out of poverty. Everything from food, healthcare, housing, and even having children will get them more money.

This is where I tend to “upset” people. I’m for cutting it all off. Everything! They’ll either work or starve to death or die from the elements. My wife worked for the SSA and we see generations of welfare recipients. I’m not presuming anyone on here is ignorant, but I want to make “generations” as clear as possible. Imagine your grandmother, you, and now your grown children on welfare. Three entire generations that have never held a job. Never had to pay for anything. Everything is given to them, EVERYTHING!
Posted By: spjones

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 06:12 PM

Sadly, the majority of people that do work, work only enough to scrape by

Most young people today fail to realize that they need too bust a$$ in there 20-30’s early 40

Accumulate wealth,,,,,,the government isn’t going too be able to help,20-30 years down the road
Posted By: Guss

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 07:07 PM

This govt wants people to take advantage of it
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 08:21 PM

Finster, can’t you find videos like this of white women? Why does it always have to be a woman of color?

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Finster, can’t you find videos like this of white women? Why does it always have to be a woman of color?

Well......................... I'm sure they are out there.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 09:30 PM

Anybody remember the indignant woman demanding to know "who's gonna pay for all these kids"?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 09:48 PM

I agree that feeding the bears is a bad idea. Just remember these videos exist so the people making them can get paid. 99% of these video's are made by production companies with scripts and actors. The one leftlane was talking about was real. Most are not. Especially the "street" interviews.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 09:55 PM

The U.S. has spent more on iraqafghanistanukraine and foreign aid than is spent on welfare programs. She has a point. Why work and be productive when your wealth is taken from you?
Posted By: Mando

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by spjones
Sadly, the majority of people that do work, work only enough to scrape by

Most young people today fail to realize that they need too bust a$$ in there 20-30’s early 40

Accumulate wealth,,,,,,the government isn’t going too be able to help,20-30 years down the road

That's not true. Hard work doesn't guarantee anything. You also violated the profanity filter rule. Read the sticky that was just posted by the boss.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 10:16 PM

She says that while wearing a North Face jacket.

Keep working amigos; millions of lazy people and illegal aliens depend on you.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 10:17 PM

Hard work doesn’t guarantee anything? You’ve had a rough life haven’t you? Bitter too. Life’s too short to be this angry all the time.
You get what you put into something. Hard work has always paid off for me financially and beneficially.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 10:24 PM

There’s no quarantees in life,,,,nada

For a young person(any person) to get ahead nowadays,,,,,

They need too work way way way more than previous generations

The dollar is rapidly losing value in case people aren’t noticeing

A young person today is going to need many millions of dollars if the want to retire

It is possible,,,, need to find a job they like

Work 7 days a week,,,,,for long periods of time

Spend little/save lots,,,,,,invest

Government’s aren’t going too be able to maintain this amount of spending for much longer
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chancey
She says that while wearing a North Face jacket.
Keep working amigos; millions of lazy people and illegal aliens depend on you.

x2
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/17/24 10:58 PM

Its all going to come to a grinding halt for those folks in 8 years max. then this apple cart will hit the wall and go wheels up

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Hard work doesn’t guarantee anything? You’ve had a rough life haven’t you? Bitter too. Life’s too short to be this angry all the time.
You get what you put into something. Hard work has always paid off for me financially and beneficially.

What are you talking about. I'm not bitter at all. I earn a decent living and I work hard long hours. My choice. I also know people that made different choices that make more and work a lot less. I also know people that hardly work at all. They're younger than me and are very very well off from getting into real-estate rental properties. Hard work doesn't equal anything. Pride maybe, but doesn't guarantee financial freedom.
Posted By: 2dye4

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 12:40 AM

Deport to a deserted island.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Its all going to come to a grinding halt for those folks in 8 years max. then this apple cart will hit the wall and go wheels up

Why 8 years?
Posted By: jalstat

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by jalstat

Trouble is that we are the ones footing the bill. If she wants to own nothing, fine. But we shouldn't be expected to feed and house her lazy arse. She should make her own way or starve to death. No one is buying my food or paying for my house.

Totally agree and that goes for all foreign countries, the only ones I exempt are veterans and elderly
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 02:05 AM

When I bring up taking away voting rights everyone gets all butt hurt.

All a politician wants is a vote. Change the voting population and you change who the politician caters to.

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended. As long as you are on any type of government assistance and you get to vote, you can vote yourself a raise by voting for the deadbeat politician who is taking my money to give to you. The politicians take, not borrow, my money and tell the dependents they will give them more by taking more away from me, as long as they vote for them. Why doesn't anyone see this connection?

Military vets excluded.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 02:54 PM

They keep saying Social Security is running out of money. But, we never hear about welfare, food stamps, or money for all these immigrants coming into the country running out of money. The first group worked for their money. Most of the second group did not.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2dye4
Deport to a deserted island.

Send her to Gallup, NM. She could learn from the experts.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended. As long as you are on any type of government assistance and you get to vote, you can vote yourself a raise by voting for the deadbeat politician who is taking my money to give to you.

Just what kind of ignorant stupidity do you subscribe to ?

Millions of American citizens have payed into the Social Security program
thru their payroll taxes when they worked before their retirement.

It's not just your money, It's OUR money too.

So getting some of our money returned to us
at our retirement is a legitimate expectation.

Advocating for taking away our right to vote because
we received our Social Security taxes back at retirement
is the ultimate statement of stupidity !!!

w
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
They keep saying Social Security is running out of money. But, we never hear about welfare, food stamps, or money for all these immigrants coming into the country running out of money. The first group worked for their money. Most of the second group did not.

Worth repeating
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 10:36 PM

Go stand outside a S.s. office and see what kind of people are going in to get what they have not earned or payed into opened my eyes when I was there 3 years ago.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 11:04 PM

If you are collecting Welfare then it should be federal law that:

1. You must take a weekly drug test, and randoms are possible. A "hot" result will revoke your privileges.
2. Any children in the household must attend school. If school is missed, a doctor's excuse must be presented.
3. While children are in school, the welfare recipient must either be going on job interviews and prove it or perform community service of some kind.
4. Any felony convictions while on welfare will revoke your privileges.
5. Welfare will only last 1 year. If you must reapply, further steps may be taken to investigate your inability to find employment or to deny your application.

If these rules were implemented tomorrow, most welfare would disappear within a year. The amount of money saved would more than pay for the money dished out for these rules and the people to enforce them.
Posted By: jarentz

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 11:15 PM

Finster, I like your way of thinking!!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/18/24 11:36 PM

I was in a SS office and another fella in there was on disability with bad health but working as a dishwasher. He WANTED to work more but wasn't allowed to. He was "making too much money" washing dishes for xtra income. The whole system is messed up. They think 22,320 per year is plenty if you're under full retirement age. I'd like to see the ones setting that limit live on that much.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by jarentz
Finster, I like your way of thinking!!

Yes, it is not meant to be cruel, it is meant to enforce what welfare was intended for. A short term solution until you can get back on your feet. It should not be a career choice.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended. As long as you are on any type of government assistance and you get to vote, you can vote yourself a raise by voting for the deadbeat politician who is taking my money to give to you.

Just what kind of ignorant stupidity do you subscribe to ?

Millions of American citizens have payed into the Social Security program
thru their payroll taxes when they worked before their retirement.

It's not just your money, It's OUR money too.

So getting some of our money returned to us
at our retirement is a legitimate expectation.

Advocating for taking away our right to vote because
we received our Social Security taxes back at retirement
is the ultimate statement of stupidity !!!

w

It is quite obvious you do not understand how social security works.

How much money did the first person who received the first social security check put into the system?

Social security is the only legal ponzi scheme in the US.

You can wait to take social security up to 70. You should not be able to vote yourself a raise by voting for the hor who promises to increase your SS income by taxing me more.

Again, someone always gets butt hurt. Usually due to ignorance. You get ticket number 1.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 01:56 AM

[/quote]

It is quite obvious you do not understand how social security works.

How much money did the first person who received the first social security check put into the system?

Social security is the only legal ponzi scheme in the US.

You can wait to take social security up to 70. You should not be able to vote yourself a raise by voting for the hor who promises to increase your SS income by taxing me more.

Again, someone always gets butt hurt. Usually due to ignorance. You get ticket number 1.
[/quote]
How much will the last guy get who put in all his life until SS expires the day before he's eligible?
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 02:07 AM

What most people don't realize is that the US dollar is the biggest ponzi scheme ever (not social security).
Once the US dollar is no longer the go-to currency worldwide, the scheme will crumble to the ground.
Someone explain to me how the US dollar is any different than BitCoin?
Bitcoin is based on imagination.
So is the US dollar. It is not backed by anything tangible. It's not even backed by actual physical currency. Individual banks do not have in their possession enough cash to cover what we have in our accounts with them.
Posted By: Boco

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
What most people don't realize is that the US dollar is the biggest ponzi scheme ever (not social security).
Once the US dollar is no longer the go-to currency worldwide, the scheme will crumble to the ground.
Someone explain to me how the US dollar is any different than BitCoin?
Bitcoin is based on imagination.
So is the US dollar. It is not backed by anything tangible. It's not even backed by actual physical currency. Individual banks do not have in their possession enough cash to cover what we have in our accounts with them.

Then where is all the gold that the US buys up from all the gold mines in Canada going?if your dollar is not backed by it?

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

Then where is all the gold that the US buys up from all the gold mines in Canada going?if your dollar is not backed by it?
The United States went off the gold standard in 1933

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 09:19 AM

When it crashes, everything that has a lien on it will be repossessed. During the depression it was people who lost farms and homes that were in soup lines. People without debt did not have any money but they got by by. People that were homeless overnight became refugees. Go look at a homeless camp. Those folks are mostly addicts and mentally ill. If the dollar crashes people with a lot of secured debt will living like that.

Many of the displaced blamed bankers. Armed robbery became a favorite past time. People aided the gangs. Now people that are responsible with their money, people who live better than the welfare rats, are demonized by media. When it happens again the displaced will blame people who tried to put their families into better circumstances. At least that is what I anticipate.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 10:41 AM

I'm thinking the Bowhunter person hasn't yet put in 40 or 50 years of hard work yet.
Perhaps paying into SS weekly for all of those years, many hard workers bodies after 40 or 50 years of labor won't support hard work any more.
Have the CPA's, Lawyers, ect all non hard labor but important jobs work till 75 hard labor jobs worked more than 50% of life, retire at 60 years old.
Social Security is getting like the Michigan carpenter union pension, the Union whizzed away pension $$$ Now they keep raising age and lowering benefits.
It's my opinion that every dollar earned pays SS. no wage cap, zero. I pay SS tax on every dollar I earn everyone should on every dollar.
Second SS age should be adjusted for type of work done for more than 50 % of work life.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 12:38 PM

Just a matter of time until SS is gone,,,,

People need to have alternate plans

[Linked Image]

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 12:42 PM

The truth
Posted By: Jingles

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 12:45 PM

Rather than ( as 1 stated above) doing away with SS payments. Change it to if you paid in you get out if you didn't contribute to do not get to withdraw.
If there are help wanted signs posted unemployment is not available.
If a person started drawing ADC with 2 kids no additional funds available for any additional kids.
Restrict government assistance funds to absolute essentials, no beer, booze candy, cigarettes, flat screen tv's, require monthly drug test.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 12:56 PM

I’m not 100% sure she isn’t actually complaining about that system.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 01:49 PM

How is the u.s. dollar a ponzi scheme?

A ponzi scheme is where early investors are paid with later investors’ money?

Nobody is getting their money back in ssi, they are getting current payroll tax payers’ money.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
How is the u.s. dollar a ponzi scheme?

A ponzi scheme is where early investors are paid with later investors’ money?

Nobody is getting their money back in ssi, they are getting current payroll tax payers’ money.

It's a ponzi scheme because every dollar is taxed over and over again.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 02:41 PM

Ponzi scheme has a definition. Apparently on here it means whatever people want to define it? It requires early investors to be paid by later investors’ money.
Posted By: Boco

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 03:57 PM

I thought you dont believe what the govt tells you.
I guess its only what you want to believe and what you dont.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 04:03 PM

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended.

How is getting my own money back considered government assistance?By the way,,,if the Gov. didn't steal a ton of money from the Social Security fund,,, using it as the goose that layed the golden egg ,, Social Security would be not just solvent,,but decades ahead in the black.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 04:23 PM

All a politician wants is a vote. Change the voting population and you change who the politician caters to.

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended. As long as you are on any type of government assistance and you get to vote, you can vote yourself a raise by voting for the deadbeat politician who is taking my money to give to you. The politicians take, not borrow, my money and tell the dependents they will give them more by taking more away from me, as long as they vote for them. Why doesn't anyone see this connection?

Military vets excluded.

There’s a genius and obviously fair idea! You’re talking about eliminating the voting rights of millions of folks who actually worked and paid in probably their whole working career? I get your premise a little and it would make some sense if social security were setup quite a bit differently. But as a whole, I think it’s a ridiculous idea…..as many other have clearly acknowledged and pointed out…..but I just couldn’t help myself. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 05:26 PM

If you are on any type of government assistance, including SS, your voting rights are suspended.

If you put money in the bank every week for 40 years,,,,then you go to withdraw some of that money,,,are you now considered on "Bank Assistance",,and all future banking rights should be suspended?Thats your logic.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Ponzi scheme has a definition. Apparently on here it means whatever people want to define it? It requires early investors to be paid by later investors’ money.

From day one, SS has been taken out of my check for 56 years now. Not one penny of it was earmarked for those who were drawing SS for those 56 years. It was spent on "candy and cigarettes" so to speak, by the Government. The federal government has been operating in debt the entirety of that 56 years.
That to me is a Ponzi scheme.
If I had were to have had the choice to invest all of that money they took out for SS into a private account drawing interest rates available during that time period I would be rolling in money right now.
Instead, when I retire, I will be looking at a measly monthly check until I croak with nothing to leave to my kids.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 10:32 PM

Just sit there quietly Boco, and let people think you're an idiot instead of typing another word and removing all doubt.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

If you put money in the bank every week for 40 years,,,,then you go to withdraw some of that money,,,are you now considered on "Bank Assistance",,and all future banking rights should be suspended?Thats your logic.

Nope you are wrong.

There is no personal account of money in SS just for you.

To be accurate, it is the equivalent of you putting money into a general fund in the bank. Then the bank decides how much of it the previous generation will get. But you get no interest and if the bank decides to use that money for something else you have zero say in it.

The working generation pays the SS of the retired generation. When SS was enacted, the worker to retiree ratio was 30:1. It is now around 8:1 I think. You paid for your fathers portion of money he was decreed from the "bank" that you put in contributing to the general bank fund.

And as a final stab in the ribs, you might get 20 years worth of that general pittance or it may be one month, depending on when you die. And don't forget, your children get none of it as an inheritance. It is all held onto and divided out by "bank associates" at their whim and pleasure.

Then when you retire, your children will get to pay your SS by being taxed to death because BY GOD you deserve it.

Do you understand that logic?

Ticket 2 issued.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW

Military vets excluded.

There’s a genius and obviously fair idea! You’re talking about eliminating the voting rights of millions of folks who actually worked and paid in probably their whole working career? I get your premise a little and it would make some sense if social security were setup quite a bit differently. But as a whole, I think it’s a ridiculous idea…..as many other have clearly acknowledged and pointed out…..but I just couldn’t help myself. Happy trapping! ScottW

Your opinion is noted. Thank you for your participation. Ticket three issued.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

How much will the last guy get who put in all his life until SS expires the day before he's eligible?

$0.00

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 10:58 PM

I wish I could opt out of SS. Just write me a check and add 3% annualized for every year I contributed. I would then have accumulated wealth and have something to possibly hand down to my children.

And if I put it into a bank savings account, I would get more interest than if it were left in SS.

All you butt hurt guys understand you don't have to draw until you are 70, right? So if your voting rights are precious to you, you can decide to not opt in until you are 70. That is my plan.

But allowing a politician to use my money to buy your vote and promise to take more from me to give to you is dead wrong and straight theft. You may not like that, but it is not a lie. Many seasoned citizens vote for politicians that will raise their precious SS check. All the while talking about how they love the children and how more needs to be done for the children. Just don't short them on their SS check because they don't love the children that much.

Some people speak of not being dependent on government. Mostly talk and no walk when it come to that SS check.

To the original intent of this thread. It is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Posted By: hippie

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 11:03 PM

$0.00

I just signed up for ss.

On one page it shows exactly how much I paid, how much my employers have paid for me and how much I paid into medicare. I'd sooner have it in a lump sum instead of smaller payments because I might not live long enough to get all back I paid in.

I paid it, I don't feel bad collecting it....and neither will you someday.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 11:08 PM

I wish I could opt out of SS. Just write me a check and add 3% annualized for every year I contributed. I would then have accumulated wealth and have something to possibly hand down to my children.

If you put money in the bank,,then 40 years later want to withdraw some,,do you think they go back in the vault and hand you the exact same bills you deposited 40 years ago,,or does it come out of a general fund?Just like Social Security.See how your thinking is faulted.Your Welcome,,,again. grin

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
I just signed up for ss.

On one page it shows exactly how much I paid, how much my employers have paid for me and how much I paid into medicare. I'd sooner have it in a lump sum instead of smaller payments because I might not live long enough to get all back I paid in.

I paid it, I don't feel bad collecting it....and neither will you someday.

So will your money only be drawn from that account?

How many years will you have to live to get that money back based on your SS check?

Will you vote for the politician that will give you a raise on your SS check?

Are SS recipients dependents of the government?

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 11:14 PM

If you put money in the bank,,then 40 years later want to withdraw some,,do you think they go back in the vault and hand you the exact same bills you deposited 40 years ago,,or does it come out of a general fund?Just like Social Security.See how your thinking is faulted.Your Welcome,,,again. grin

But you have no say in how much you get. They give you what they determine. I would rather have my money for me, but the government has to keep you dependent and give a lot of your money to people who put nothing in. Did you even watch the video at the beginning?

You have an exact account in the bank. You do not have an exact account with SS. You put money into the pool involuntarily. And guess what happens to that money when you die?

Does the bank hold onto the exact bills you put in and give them back to you in 40 years? Stupid question.

Can you give that money in the "bank" to your children? Nope.

Ticket 4 issued.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 11:41 PM

^^^^ You can type till your fingers fall off if you want.When you say anyone collecting Social Security is dependent on the government and should lose their voting rights,,,you are a fool,,and everyone in here can see that.Your welcome. grin Have you ever payed into Social Security?Do you plan to collect when the time comes?

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/19/24 11:49 PM

A fool for sure.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 12:10 AM

Just sit there quietly Boco, and let people think you're an idiot instead of typing another word and removing all doubt.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 12:22 AM

^^^^ You can type till your fingers fall off if you want.When you say anyone collecting Social Security is dependent on the government and should lose their voting rights,,,you are a fool,,and everyone in here can see that.Your welcome. grin Have you ever payed into Social Security?Do you plan to collect when the time comes?

LOL!!! Do I have a choice in any of your questions?

Are retired people contributing to the pool or only taking from it? And remember, it is distributed to millions who have not paid a red cent into it. That's your money upstate, in that general fund we all are forced to contribute. And that money is doled out to whatever constituent a hor politician thinks will vote for them.

You pay in 12% of your income to social security. I can think of A LOT better things to invest 12% of my money.

If I am to the point that SS is all I have or it is the predominance of the money I get from the government, them I am a dependent. Plain and simple. Dependents should not get to vote as they will always choose to vote themselves a raise if possible. If I get any SS my voting rights should be suspended.

Now exactly how do you get a raise on only the money you contributed? If that is your money, then you get a set amount because that is what you and you alone put in. How on GOD's green earth do you get a raise from the money you put in when that amount continues to dwindle and will be insolvent in short order?

Golly gee, that makes a whole lot of sense doesn't it?

Whose the fool?

Ticket 5 issued.

The only exception I can see is if voting a raise on SS became a ballot issue. At least I would have some say in not agreeing with a raise.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 12:28 AM

You can definitely tell who is a retiree in this discussion. laugh laugh

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 12:28 AM

A fool for sure.

Thank you for your contribution.

Ticket 6 issued.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 12:31 AM

Let's ask this question.

Should a drug head on SS disability that is dependent because of their drug addiction be allowed to vote? I am talking a stoner here who still lives with Mom and Dad and has never had a job.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 02:41 AM

You don't pay in 12%, you pay in 6 and change % unless you are self employed your employer matches your contribution. People that collect SS pay tax on that money unless that is all the income you have and then you will just starve to death. Being I didn't have a choice in paying in I will collect and losing voting rights is idiotic. How about if you don't pay in to the feds you can't vote, I'd vote for that.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 12:53 PM

Social Security functions much like a flat tax. Everyone pays the same rate, regardless of how much they earn, until they hit the ceiling. As of 2021, a single rate of 12.4% is applied to all wages and self-employment income earned by a worker up to a maximum dollar limit of $142,800.

I agree on the 6% paid in by the employer but that is figured in to the cost of doing business by any smart business. So it becomes a higher cost of product to pay for the total of 12.4%. Either way the tax is paid in by the tax payer. Directly or indirectly. So you will pay in 12.4% one way or the other. Uncle Sam will get his portion squeezing one teet or the other. No way around it. And deflecting blame to the evil successful business owners who charge more for their product is SOP for liberal politicians. It also shows how dumb some of the American voters are being duped into class warfare so the politician does not get blamed.

If you don't pay into the feds you go to prison.

Again the only way around this is to make it a ballot issue and restrict SS recipients from voting on that issue. You would not be allowed to vote yourself a raise with tax payer money. Sadly, it would probably still pass due to all the different types of recipients of SS. Lots of government dependents out there.

I know some of you don't like the thought of this but I do hope you see the swirling toilet bowl of how SS will be broke sooner rather than later if people can vote themselves a raise. Politicians who say they will give SS a raise don't care about the tax payer or the SS recipient. They just keep pouring gas on the fire. It's as bad as congress voting themselves a raise every time they vote on it.

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 01:05 PM

If people who vote themselves taxpayer money were not allowed to vote, you would not have very many voters left.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 03:30 PM

Not collecting SS after you'd paid into it for many years is like putting money in a personal savings account and later giving it to someone else.
Posted By: Guss

Re: One of the reasons we are where we are. - 03/20/24 04:47 PM

There should be IQ test before someone votes.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums