No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sold out today [Re: WhiteTrash 88] #8093053
03/05/24 12:53 PM
03/05/24 12:53 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Geez and I was giving 50 to 60 $ for otter and only one person sold green to me from way back east ! All arrived in a cold storage box, I finished them that day, was nothing to it !

I think people are just to easy to let fur go with the work involved in doing the put up and don't want to take the time to search out craft buyers or take the time to ship, I also paid the shipping fee !! Who are always higher dollars when the fur prices dump for the larger buyers !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Sold out today [Re: WhiteTrash 88] #8093073
03/05/24 01:19 PM
03/05/24 01:19 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Not to make anybody feel bad or gypped but I sold two otters on the Prineville sale for a $100 each last Saturday. Makes me feel like actually trying to catch some of them brown torpedos.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Sold out today [Re: GritGuy] #8093327
03/05/24 07:28 PM
03/05/24 07:28 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline OP
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline OP
trapper
W

Missouri
Originally Posted by GritGuy
Geez and I was giving 50 to 60 $ for otter and only one person sold green to me from way back east ! All arrived in a cold storage box, I finished them that day, was nothing to it !

I think people are just to easy to let fur go with the work involved in doing the put up and don't want to take the time to search out craft buyers or take the time to ship, I also paid the shipping fee !! Who are always higher dollars when the fur prices dump for the larger buyers !

Let me know how many hundred otter green skinned you need next year and I’ll fix you up. I wasn’t even trying to catch them this year and ended up with those. Since the restocking effort by the conservation 30 years ago they have exploded in numbers into every watershed in Missouri. Most people around here want them exterminated because they will wipe the fish out in their ponds in short order. I know a couple trappers around me that went after otter this year that caught over 100 between the 2 of them. And it’s been dry dry dry here the last 2 years.

Re: Sold out today [Re: WhiteTrash 88] #8093359
03/05/24 08:12 PM
03/05/24 08:12 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Don't need that many and want them put up also, had a lot of people interested when I posted here this year in the Trap shed, but never got back with me by the time I wanted them to ship to the tannery

Like to beat the large buyers and get my fur in early, February at the latest

Look me up in September to see what I'm after, I always but different fur every year as well

Thank you for your interest !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Sold out today [Re: WhiteTrash 88] #8093468
03/05/24 10:01 PM
03/05/24 10:01 PM
Sumner, Mo.
C
claycreech Offline
trapper
claycreech  Offline
trapper
C

Sumner, Mo.
I sold 72 otter Saturday.
Trevor bought over 400.
Know any craft buyers who want that many?
Otter aren’t uncommon round here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread