Home

Sold out today

Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Sold out today - 03/02/24 08:59 PM

Sold my beaver and otter this morning to Barnes Hide and Fur. Was treated well and happy with the prices he paid. Everything I sold him was green skinned. 37 beaver averaged 28 dollars. High of 35 dollars for 2xl and low of 3 dollars for a kit.
Otter went for 35$ dollars apiece for 7 and 25$ dollars apiece for 2 that were xl
2 coons that brought 8 dollars and 3 dollars.
Dry castor was bringing 30 pound.
Posted By: That.darn.coon

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 09:05 PM

Wow. Nice! grin
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 09:36 PM

Nice!
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 11:07 PM

Nice!
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 11:16 PM

Well done
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 11:17 PM

Considering current markets I think you did well.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 11:20 PM

Do you have any pecans left? Been gonna ask!
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 11:27 PM

Good deal WT88!

I'm ready to unload what I have this month.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
Sold my beaver and otter this morning to Barnes Hide and Fur. Was treated well and happy with the prices he paid. Everything I sold him was green skinned. 37 beaver averaged 28 dollars. High of 35 dollars for 2xl and low of 3 dollars for a kit.
Otter went for 35$ dollars apiece for 7 and 25$ dollars apiece for 2 that were xl
2 coons that brought 8 dollars and 3 dollars.
Dry castor was bringing 30 pound.

You must have been to Clay's place? I sure wanted to get down there today but couldn't make it happen.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Sold out today - 03/02/24 11:39 PM

Nothing to complain about there.
Posted By: randy r

Re: Sold out today - 03/03/24 01:00 AM

I sold to Groney last night here in Ohio averaged 25.50 on 7 beavers 5 finished 2 green . also had 58 rats averaged 3.10, had 1 coon got 4$ for it . I was happy!

Re: Sold out today - 03/03/24 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Do you have any pecans left? Been gonna ask!

Lee I’m sold out until fall of this year.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Sold out today - 03/03/24 04:50 AM

Nice job!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Sold out today - 03/03/24 01:04 PM

Trevor always treats us fair up here, smile
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Sold out today - 03/03/24 01:56 PM

Cash in hand is good
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Sold out today - 03/05/24 10:43 AM

Crappie are biting now on Enid.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Sold out today - 03/05/24 01:38 PM

Very Nice
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Sold out today - 03/05/24 02:04 PM

Nice !

Now with all that cash...you can see a Taylor Swift concert.....
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Sold out today - 03/05/24 02:24 PM

That ain't crazy money ! But it at least provides some motivation to get out and have some fun That amount of money in your fur check is proof of some hard work .It would make me happy todo that well with today's fr markert being what it is .

Re: Sold out today - 03/05/24 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Nice !

Now with all that cash...you can see a Taylor Swift concert.....

Nessy I ain’t gonna go to no Swift concert. Gonna bet it all on the Prairie Punk and the Chiefs for the 3-peet. You know that thing that Brady only dreamed about doing.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Sold out today - 03/05/24 04:53 PM

Geez and I was giving 50 to 60 $ for otter and only one person sold green to me from way back east ! All arrived in a cold storage box, I finished them that day, was nothing to it !

I think people are just to easy to let fur go with the work involved in doing the put up and don't want to take the time to search out craft buyers or take the time to ship, I also paid the shipping fee !! Who are always higher dollars when the fur prices dump for the larger buyers !
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Sold out today - 03/05/24 05:19 PM

Not to make anybody feel bad or gypped but I sold two otters on the Prineville sale for a $100 each last Saturday. Makes me feel like actually trying to catch some of them brown torpedos.

Re: Sold out today - 03/05/24 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by GritGuy
Geez and I was giving 50 to 60 $ for otter and only one person sold green to me from way back east ! All arrived in a cold storage box, I finished them that day, was nothing to it !

I think people are just to easy to let fur go with the work involved in doing the put up and don't want to take the time to search out craft buyers or take the time to ship, I also paid the shipping fee !! Who are always higher dollars when the fur prices dump for the larger buyers !

Let me know how many hundred otter green skinned you need next year and I’ll fix you up. I wasn’t even trying to catch them this year and ended up with those. Since the restocking effort by the conservation 30 years ago they have exploded in numbers into every watershed in Missouri. Most people around here want them exterminated because they will wipe the fish out in their ponds in short order. I know a couple trappers around me that went after otter this year that caught over 100 between the 2 of them. And it’s been dry dry dry here the last 2 years.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Sold out today - 03/06/24 12:12 AM

Don't need that many and want them put up also, had a lot of people interested when I posted here this year in the Trap shed, but never got back with me by the time I wanted them to ship to the tannery

Like to beat the large buyers and get my fur in early, February at the latest

Look me up in September to see what I'm after, I always but different fur every year as well

Thank you for your interest !!
Posted By: claycreech

Re: Sold out today - 03/06/24 02:01 AM

I sold 72 otter Saturday.
Trevor bought over 400.
Know any craft buyers who want that many?
Otter aren’t uncommon round here.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums