No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8087289
02/27/24 10:10 AM
02/27/24 10:10 AM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Yes and always will. As stated above do not always agree but will not go against what's legal. Our most powerful voice and weapon is our vote. I have a friend who votes strictly Second Amendment, and I get it but there are other issues some find more important. To me the 2nd and outdoors are most important to defend the rest.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8087306
02/27/24 10:39 AM
02/27/24 10:39 AM
Livingston, Texas
S
Sheepdog1 Offline
trapper
Sheepdog1  Offline
trapper
S

Livingston, Texas
I will never stop supporting hunting, trapping and fishing. I wont stop fighting those who try to stop us from doing what we, as free men and women enjoy doing in the great outdoors.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8087324
02/27/24 10:59 AM
02/27/24 10:59 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
why would someone stop supporting hunting and trapping because they got old and infirm

my aunt is 90 and still loves having us up to hunt anything we want.

we do some chores and help with projects any time we go , but also take advantage of a free bed and roof over our heads.

make sure to take her out for supper or bring food.

if you have a land owner who used to let you hunt and trap and now doesn't I expect it is much like my situation we got told politely no when we asked last year , now year after year the land owner said oh Pete , thanks for asking but you don't have to ask you can hunt.
Well her husband passed last year , the daughter moved back into the picture and she is a real Lib so mom who is the land owner now , who was my contact for the last 10 years as her husband was not in great health for a while he passed at 92 , she is probably close to 20 years younger.
she even said Pete I am not against hunting , just please no not this year.
reading between the lines , daughter is back and so viscously anti that mom who needs help doesn't want a fight.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8087335
02/27/24 11:09 AM
02/27/24 11:09 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Most support hunting and trapping, unless it differs from their way.
Fur trappers don’t like management trappers.
Stand hunter’s don’t like dog hunters.
Trappers don’t like thermal hunters.
Archery hunters don’t like gun hunters.
Hunter’s don’t like trappers.
Etc…

Don’t believe me, get on other social media sites and post something above and you’ll see all sorts of comments and even death threats, lol.

I’d say most on here support it regardless whether it’s “their” way or not. Some don’t. Just read the comments through the years and you’ll see.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8087345
02/27/24 11:24 AM
02/27/24 11:24 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Ido and enjoy Hunting fishing and Trapping with my Grandkids as well as kids.!!!

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8087346
02/27/24 11:25 AM
02/27/24 11:25 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Online happy
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Online Happy
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
If we define support as being members of associations and helping with events, we have a lot of those. Sadly we lose more support when fur prices are down from younger/healthy people.

Really dont see anyone that doesnt hunt/trap/fish for a myriad of reasons become antis without coercion from family members/girlfriends.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8087395
02/27/24 12:30 PM
02/27/24 12:30 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I do a class during our firearms training classes teaching kids that trapping is necessary for good conservation. Of course, all of us instructors promote hunting and trapping or we wouldn't be there teaching kids. They are the future.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Wanna Be] #8087508
02/27/24 03:30 PM
02/27/24 03:30 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Etc…

Don’t believe me, get on other social media sites and post something above and you’ll see all sorts of comments and even death threats, lol.

I’d say most on here support it regardless whether it’s “their” way or not. Some don’t. Just read the comments through the years and you’ll see.

this is a good point.

In my case I opposed some of the legal fishing that was allowed. Finally it got banned.
Salmon Snagging, brings out the worst in people and the worst type of people plus it was just unethical way to fish.
Glad it was banned.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8087548
02/27/24 04:36 PM
02/27/24 04:36 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline OP
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline OP
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
How many still support hunting and trapping , if they're not able to participate in the sports?

Define support.

OK I get it, what I mean is do you still get hunting /trapping or fishing licenses , even if you don't use them for whatever reason?
Same with supporting State Trapping organizations , or gun rights organizations?
I know even though I can't take advantage of them , that they're still an important part of life and needs to be passed on.
Same as life it's self.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Wanna Be] #8087555
02/27/24 04:49 PM
02/27/24 04:49 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
Etc…

I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Wanna Be] #8087556
02/27/24 04:56 PM
02/27/24 04:56 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline OP
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline OP
trapper

ohio
Etc…

Agreed , only time I would disagree is if they do everything they can to destroy a sport of any kind , to benefit themselves , either financially , or for property rights.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8087586
02/27/24 05:53 PM
02/27/24 05:53 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
As far as license are concerned I buy our Sportsman Combo license, trapping license, and duck stamp every year whether I need them or not.
I’m a member of trapping orgs, not sure which ones, but they get my money every year. In fact, I think some are on an automatic withdrawal every year.
I don’t care how you hunt, fish, or trap. I’d prefer folks stay legal when they can, but do understand when they might have to step out of bounds on some things down here.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping [Re: Wanna Be] #8087609
02/27/24 06:20 PM
02/27/24 06:20 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
As far as license are concerned I buy our Sportsman Combo license, trapping license, and duck stamp every year whether I need them or not.
I’m a member of trapping orgs, not sure which ones, but they get my money every year. In fact, I think some are on an automatic withdrawal every year.
I don’t care how you hunt, fish, or trap. I’d prefer folks stay legal when they can, but do understand when they might have to step out of bounds on some things down here.

There really is no reason to "step out of bounds" on any game and fish law or regulation.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread