Home

How many still support hunting and trapping

Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/26/24 11:35 PM

How many still support hunting and trapping , if they're not able to participate in the sports?
Posted By: Boco

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/26/24 11:41 PM

I still support hunting and trapping.
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/26/24 11:49 PM

I do.
Posted By: cotton

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/26/24 11:53 PM

Not trapped in a few years but do all I can to support it.
Posted By: kenny k

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 12:14 AM

I heard that a tick tock video had some young people talking about the support for fur..not sure.
But I do support all trapping and hunting. ..
Posted By: warrior

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 12:14 AM

To my dying day.
Posted By: warrior

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 12:15 AM

I may not care for how some choose to do it but that's their right and won't get get a word from me about it.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 12:24 AM

Always will
Posted By: elsmasho82

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 12:36 AM

My employer personally would not do either. But she strongly supports both. Not only because she is my longtime friend, but because she has EDUCATED herself!!
Posted By: 160user

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 12:52 AM

Not me, I am dead set against it. That is why I am on this site. smile I will be shocked if you get anyone against it on a hunting or trapping forum.
Posted By: trapperEd

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 12:56 AM

I still support Trapping and hunting even though I do
not trap anymore, hunt very little, getting old and it is to hard to walk.
I still buy a fishing license and a Michigan Fur Harvester License.
Posted By: That.darn.coon

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 01:13 AM

I will always support trapping and hunting
Posted By: 20scout

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 03:20 AM

Still cheaper than an ex-wife or a drug habit..
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
How many still support hunting and trapping , if they're not able to participate in the sports?

Define support.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 04:38 AM

Lets I spend 100s of dollars to trap low value critters, I pay a few hundred dollars on tags/licenses some I never use so does that count?
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 05:26 AM

the general idea, yes, possible not any and all regulations that increase hunting or trapping. The devil is in the details.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 10:29 AM

we have a lot of older guys that don't trap anymore but are at every meeting and help out with everything, we couldn't do all that we do without them!!!!
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 10:43 AM

yes....
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Define support.

Exactly!!!!!
Posted By: walleye101

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
Not me, I am dead set against it. That is why I am on this site. smile I will be shocked if you get anyone against it on a hunting or trapping forum.

None that will admit it, yet we do have a number of folks who openly admit voting for candidates from the party where nearly all the anti hunting and anti trapping legislation originates.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 02:10 PM

Yes and always will. As stated above do not always agree but will not go against what's legal. Our most powerful voice and weapon is our vote. I have a friend who votes strictly Second Amendment, and I get it but there are other issues some find more important. To me the 2nd and outdoors are most important to defend the rest.
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 02:39 PM

I will never stop supporting hunting, trapping and fishing. I wont stop fighting those who try to stop us from doing what we, as free men and women enjoy doing in the great outdoors.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 02:59 PM

why would someone stop supporting hunting and trapping because they got old and infirm

my aunt is 90 and still loves having us up to hunt anything we want.

we do some chores and help with projects any time we go , but also take advantage of a free bed and roof over our heads.

make sure to take her out for supper or bring food.

if you have a land owner who used to let you hunt and trap and now doesn't I expect it is much like my situation we got told politely no when we asked last year , now year after year the land owner said oh Pete , thanks for asking but you don't have to ask you can hunt.
Well her husband passed last year , the daughter moved back into the picture and she is a real Lib so mom who is the land owner now , who was my contact for the last 10 years as her husband was not in great health for a while he passed at 92 , she is probably close to 20 years younger.
she even said Pete I am not against hunting , just please no not this year.
reading between the lines , daughter is back and so viscously anti that mom who needs help doesn't want a fight.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 03:09 PM

Most support hunting and trapping, unless it differs from their way.
Fur trappers don’t like management trappers.
Stand hunter’s don’t like dog hunters.
Trappers don’t like thermal hunters.
Archery hunters don’t like gun hunters.
Hunter’s don’t like trappers.
Etc…

Don’t believe me, get on other social media sites and post something above and you’ll see all sorts of comments and even death threats, lol.

I’d say most on here support it regardless whether it’s “their” way or not. Some don’t. Just read the comments through the years and you’ll see.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 03:24 PM

Ido and enjoy Hunting fishing and Trapping with my Grandkids as well as kids.!!!
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 03:25 PM

If we define support as being members of associations and helping with events, we have a lot of those. Sadly we lose more support when fur prices are down from younger/healthy people.

Really dont see anyone that doesnt hunt/trap/fish for a myriad of reasons become antis without coercion from family members/girlfriends.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 04:30 PM

I do a class during our firearms training classes teaching kids that trapping is necessary for good conservation. Of course, all of us instructors promote hunting and trapping or we wouldn't be there teaching kids. They are the future.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Etc…

Don’t believe me, get on other social media sites and post something above and you’ll see all sorts of comments and even death threats, lol.

I’d say most on here support it regardless whether it’s “their” way or not. Some don’t. Just read the comments through the years and you’ll see.

this is a good point.

In my case I opposed some of the legal fishing that was allowed. Finally it got banned.
Salmon Snagging, brings out the worst in people and the worst type of people plus it was just unethical way to fish.
Glad it was banned.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Define support.

OK I get it, what I mean is do you still get hunting /trapping or fishing licenses , even if you don't use them for whatever reason?
Same with supporting State Trapping organizations , or gun rights organizations?
I know even though I can't take advantage of them , that they're still an important part of life and needs to be passed on.
Same as life it's self.
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 08:49 PM

Etc…

I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 08:56 PM

Etc…

Agreed , only time I would disagree is if they do everything they can to destroy a sport of any kind , to benefit themselves , either financially , or for property rights.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 09:53 PM

As far as license are concerned I buy our Sportsman Combo license, trapping license, and duck stamp every year whether I need them or not.
I’m a member of trapping orgs, not sure which ones, but they get my money every year. In fact, I think some are on an automatic withdrawal every year.
I don’t care how you hunt, fish, or trap. I’d prefer folks stay legal when they can, but do understand when they might have to step out of bounds on some things down here.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: How many still support hunting and trapping - 02/27/24 10:20 PM

As far as license are concerned I buy our Sportsman Combo license, trapping license, and duck stamp every year whether I need them or not.
I’m a member of trapping orgs, not sure which ones, but they get my money every year. In fact, I think some are on an automatic withdrawal every year.
I don’t care how you hunt, fish, or trap. I’d prefer folks stay legal when they can, but do understand when they might have to step out of bounds on some things down here.

There really is no reason to "step out of bounds" on any game and fish law or regulation.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums