No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8069856
02/05/24 08:17 PM
02/05/24 08:17 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Pistol Pete , can you imagine his totals if the three point shot was back then?
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ege-basketball-stats-best-moments-quotes

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Clark is on fire [Re: bblwi] #8071043
02/07/24 10:11 AM
02/07/24 10:11 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Originally Posted by bblwi
Yes big news now but we in the Big 10 have been watching her exploits for 5 years already. She is also one of the leading players in assists as well, so her passing is not that poor as some have indicated.

Bryce

4 years

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: teepee2] #8071177
02/07/24 01:45 PM
02/07/24 01:45 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Your correct I got caught up in the 5th year of eligibility she has due to the shortened pandemic season.

Bryce

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071217
02/07/24 03:39 PM
02/07/24 03:39 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
It will be interesting to see if she takes that extra year. She has said that it was a childhood dream to play in the pros. The money is probably better in the NIL. Can you imagine the numbers she could put up if see did stay one more year.

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071230
02/07/24 04:17 PM
02/07/24 04:17 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister

Central Pennsylvania
When is her next televised game?

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: Clark is on fire [Re: Nittany Lion] #8071244
02/07/24 04:52 PM
02/07/24 04:52 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I aagree that with the current NIL she may do better staying in college. Probably a lot more people viewing. There are many sports other than basketball for women at least where college may be the better option if yoiu want to play and get noticed. Look at the crowds women volleyball is bringing in. Also women's hockey is getting good fan numbers too. When the volleyball regionals and finals were running there were many teams made up of grad students going for advanced degrees. Good way to keep playing and earn a degree. The transfer portal in many of these sports is really active and is changing how coaching staffs manage their recruiting and teams.
Our daughter's best friend's daughter played volleyball at a local D3 school. She was a very good player. She moved to Great Britain and got a master degree while playing on a professional team over there.
Bryce

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: Nittany Lion] #8071273
02/07/24 05:38 PM
02/07/24 05:38 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
When is her next televised game?

Tomorrow night. You might not want to watch, though. Considering who they are playing.

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: bblwi] #8071277
02/07/24 05:43 PM
02/07/24 05:43 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by bblwi
I aagree that with the current NIL she may do better staying in college. Probably a lot more people viewing. There are many sports other than basketball for women at least where college may be the better option if yoiu want to play and get noticed. Look at the crowds women volleyball is bringing in. Also women's hockey is getting good fan numbers too. When the volleyball regionals and finals were running there were many teams made up of grad students going for advanced degrees. Good way to keep playing and earn a degree. The transfer portal in many of these sports is really active and is changing how coaching staffs manage their recruiting and teams.
Our daughter's best friend's daughter played volleyball at a local D3 school. She was a very good player. She moved to Great Britain and got a master degree while playing on a professional team over there.
Bryce

She will break all records for the amount of money women basketball players have made, the moment she signs in the WNBA. Way more than she can make in college. I predict she will sign a shoe company to a million dollar deal. Several other sponsors with numbers that have never before been seen in women's pro sports.

The one thing she is considering is that she loves college basketball and once you go to the pros, you can't go back. I think her decision will be very much influenced by how far they go in the playoffs. If they win the final four, it will have a big affect on if she goes pro or stays.

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071295
02/07/24 06:08 PM
02/07/24 06:08 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
With less than a month remaining in the Big Ten women’s basketball schedule, it’s a better time than ever to take a look at the standings. More specifically, the regular season title race. With seven games remaining, Ohio State women’s basketball and the Iowa Hawkeyes are tied atop of the conference. Barring a slip-up by either side, and there are plenty of chances for those, the Buckeyes and Hawkeyes' March 3, 2024 game in Iowa City, Iowa has all the makings of a championship game.
The Hawkeyes lost to Ohio St just a couple weeks ago.
@ Ohio St., so it will be interesting.

7:00 PM EST 2/8

Missouri

South Carolina
9:00 PM EST

Penn St.

Iowa
8:00 PM EST

Virginia Tech

NC State
9:00 PM EST

Ohio St.

Minnesota

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: BernieB.] #8071348
02/07/24 07:44 PM
02/07/24 07:44 PM
St lawrence county, ny
Eyehi Offline
trapper
Happy Birthday Eyehi  Offline
trapper

St lawrence county, ny

She will break all records for the amount of money women basketball players have made, the moment she signs in the WNBA. Way more than she can make in college. I predict she will sign a shoe company to a million dollar deal. Several other sponsors with numbers that have never before been seen in women's pro sports.

The one thing she is considering is that she loves college basketball and once you go to the pros, you can't go back. I think her decision will be very much influenced by how far they go in the playoffs. If they win the final four, it will have a big affect on if she goes pro or stays. [/quote]

Bernie u may want to take a look at the wnba salary structure they don’t make as much as u would guess with the salary cap …. The highest paid player in the league was around 240 k Clark is making 800 k in college …..

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: Eyehi] #8071510
02/07/24 11:00 PM
02/07/24 11:00 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by Eyehi

The one thing she is considering is that she loves college basketball and once you go to the pros, you can't go back. I think her decision will be very much influenced by how far they go in the playoffs. If they win the final four, it will have a big affect on if she goes pro or stays.

Bernie u may want to take a look at the wnba salary structure they don’t make as much as u would guess with the salary cap …. The highest paid player in the league was around 240 k Clark is making 800 k in college …..[/quote]

Not in the WNBA , they don't have the seats filled yet.
Sponders will pay for her name and likeness , just like NIKE paid LeBron James 90 million while he was still in High School .
IMHO that ruined him .

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071631
02/08/24 07:14 AM
02/08/24 07:14 AM
IA
K
kinley31 Offline
trapper
kinley31  Offline
trapper
K

IA
I don't see her coming back for another year at Iowa. She's going to set the scoring record, and then it's on to the next challenge, regardless of where Iowa finishes the season. She has shown the world she is the best at the collegiate level...next up WNBA. The money will come.

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: Eyehi] #8071649
02/08/24 07:59 AM
02/08/24 07:59 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by Eyehi

Bernie u may want to take a look at the wnba salary structure they don’t make as much as u would guess with the salary cap …. The highest paid player in the league was around 240 k Clark is making 800 k in college …..[/quote]

Salaries are nothing. That's not where the money is made. Read my post again. She will take her NIL deals to the pros as well and they will go up.

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071699
02/08/24 09:17 AM
02/08/24 09:17 AM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
All speculation (which is what we do) on what and how much she makes now and how much she can make turning pro. I think she'd help fill some empty seats in the WNBA. I think South Carolina will
be a tough nut to crack for her to win the natty.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071704
02/08/24 09:29 AM
02/08/24 09:29 AM
Jackson Co, KS
N
NEYotetrapper Offline
trapper
NEYotetrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Jackson Co, KS
If money is a motivation for playing she will use all of her eligibility up at Iowa. She won't make as much money in the WNBA. The following for the WNBA is poor at best, not matter who is playing.

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071786
02/08/24 11:12 AM
02/08/24 11:12 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Lots of WNBA teams be looking for her in the future. Good for her!

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071851
02/08/24 12:37 PM
02/08/24 12:37 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
She still hasn't used her covid year !!! I hope she stays but she won't want an asterisk beside her record point total.....

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071880
02/08/24 01:13 PM
02/08/24 01:13 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Okay there are a few factors at play:

1) She will make more money than any WNBA player ever has, immediately upon signing, and even before signing. WAY more than she is making in college. Millions.
2) The Indiana Fever have the first pick in the draft. Her boyfriend Connor McCaffery works for the Indiana Pacers, this might be a factor, although both athletes and coaches move around a lot
3) She wants to win a NCAA championship, which might be motivation to come back next year, if they do not win it this year. However, she will lose a lot of her supporting cast next year, including her best friend Kate Martin.
4) She just loves college basketball. Everything about it.

It's fun to speculate but nobody knows what she will do, and she may not even know at this point.

I can't believe I even care about this stuff! Literally have no interest in the WNBA, never watched a single game and probably never will. I never even watched a women's college game until Caitlin Clark came along. I have friends that watched it, and I always said who wants to watch sweaty girls who can't jump run up and down the court? it's like basketball in slow motion.

Would I be this interested if she wasn't playing for the Hawkeyes? Seriously doubt it. But she is really something. I appreciate greatness and the hard work it takes to become great. And she is the greatest female basketball player of all time, who happens to play for the one team that I have followed for 45 years.

Re: Clark is on fire [Re: jbyrd63] #8071888
02/08/24 01:30 PM
02/08/24 01:30 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
She still hasn't used her covid year !!! I hope she stays but she won't want an asterisk beside her record point total.....

I think you are right about that. She is already getting a lot of criticism from people who are extremely jealous. Take Sheryl Swoopes for example.

Last edited by teepee2; 02/08/24 01:35 PM.
Re: Clark is on fire [Re: BernieB.] #8072018
02/08/24 04:01 PM
02/08/24 04:01 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Okay there are a few factors at play:

1) She will make more money than any WNBA player ever has, immediately upon signing, and even before signing. WAY more than she is making in college. Millions.
2) The Indiana Fever have the first pick in the draft. Her boyfriend Connor McCaffery works for the Indiana Pacers, this might be a factor, although both athletes and coaches move around a lot
3) She wants to win a NCAA championship, which might be motivation to come back next year, if they do not win it this year. However, she will lose a lot of her supporting cast next year, including her best friend Kate Martin.
4) She just loves college basketball. Everything about it.

It's fun to speculate but nobody knows what she will do, and she may not even know at this point.

I can't believe I even care about this stuff! Literally have no interest in the WNBA, never watched a single game and probably never will. I never even watched a women's college game until Caitlin Clark came along. I have friends that watched it, and I always said who wants to watch sweaty girls who can't jump run up and down the court? it's like basketball in slow motion.

Would I be this interested if she wasn't playing for the Hawkeyes? Seriously doubt it. But she is really something. I appreciate greatness and the hard work it takes to become great. And she is the greatest female basketball player of all time, who happens to play for the one team that I have followed for 45 years.

I can't see her making significantly more in the WNBA....she's already making millions. I saw it reported her net worth is around 5 million now. Unless she brings the same excitement to the WNBA...nobody watches it now. She plays in front of sold out arenas in college..if she sells out arenas in the WNBA then yes.....she will get more endorsements....my guess is this is her last year in college...but who knows.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread