Home

Clark is on fire

Posted By: jbyrd63

Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 01:31 AM

Iowa women on the main Fox network. Catlin Clark has 14 in first quarter. Just buried a 31 footer. Maryland time out
Posted By: rex123

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 02:54 AM

That girl is a machine.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 03:00 AM

Guess I’m old…I was thinking of a vacation when I read the title.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 03:26 AM

38 points and 12 assist. Not bad for a skinny white girl
Posted By: rex123

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 03:39 AM

LOL
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 05:53 PM

She is absolute shooting machine.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 06:15 PM

Awesome gal. Of course she has the haters, same as Mahomes. Some ppl just have to attack successful people!

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Awesome gal. Of course she has the haters, same as Mahomes. Some ppl just have to attack successful people!

Please don't disrespect her by comparing her to an overpaid, pampered, call getting, diva......

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

Please don't disrespect her by comparing her to an overpaid, pampered, call getting, diva......

You're one of the haters. Lolololol
Posted By: kinley31

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 09:32 PM

Female version of Larry Bird. Shoots, passes, defends, and talks trash like the "Hick from French Lick". Yeah, she's that good.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 10:03 PM

Ok B&B this thread is NOT about Mahomey
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 10:06 PM

She is as good as any I've ever seen...
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 10:56 PM

She is fun to watch.
Posted By: elsmasho82

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/04/24 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Guess I’m old…I was thinking of a vacation when I read the title.

“Is your house on fire Clark?”
Posted By: Coalcreekkid

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/05/24 12:06 AM

"This house seems bigger than your old one" laugh
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/05/24 03:49 PM

https://kshsaacovered.com/news/2022/3/8/womens-basketball-50-for-50-jackie-stiles-claflin.aspx
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/05/24 04:59 PM

It's really a shame that all this focus on Caitlin Clark has turned Jackie Stiles into nothing more than a number to be overcome.

I hope that people really appreciate what we are seeing in women's basketball right now. We may never see anything like it again and I hope people better understand the people behind those numbers.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/05/24 06:02 PM

Yes big news now but we in the Big 10 have been watching her exploits for 5 years already. She is also one of the leading players in assists as well, so her passing is not that poor as some have indicated.

Bryce
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/05/24 06:22 PM

My first thought when I read the title was we have trouble in the Philippines. She's a shooter, that's for sure.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/05/24 07:55 PM

She's already attracting haters, same as any other successful ppl. Mahomes, Kelce, Taylor Swift etc. Ppl are so envious and quick to throw insults at successful ppl.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/06/24 12:17 AM

Pistol Pete , can you imagine his totals if the three point shot was back then?
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ege-basketball-stats-best-moments-quotes
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
Yes big news now but we in the Big 10 have been watching her exploits for 5 years already. She is also one of the leading players in assists as well, so her passing is not that poor as some have indicated.

Bryce

4 years

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 05:45 PM

Your correct I got caught up in the 5th year of eligibility she has due to the shortened pandemic season.

Bryce

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 07:39 PM

It will be interesting to see if she takes that extra year. She has said that it was a childhood dream to play in the pros. The money is probably better in the NIL. Can you imagine the numbers she could put up if see did stay one more year.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 08:17 PM

When is her next televised game?

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 08:52 PM

I aagree that with the current NIL she may do better staying in college. Probably a lot more people viewing. There are many sports other than basketball for women at least where college may be the better option if yoiu want to play and get noticed. Look at the crowds women volleyball is bringing in. Also women's hockey is getting good fan numbers too. When the volleyball regionals and finals were running there were many teams made up of grad students going for advanced degrees. Good way to keep playing and earn a degree. The transfer portal in many of these sports is really active and is changing how coaching staffs manage their recruiting and teams.
Our daughter's best friend's daughter played volleyball at a local D3 school. She was a very good player. She moved to Great Britain and got a master degree while playing on a professional team over there.
Bryce

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
When is her next televised game?

Tomorrow night. You might not want to watch, though. Considering who they are playing.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
I aagree that with the current NIL she may do better staying in college. Probably a lot more people viewing. There are many sports other than basketball for women at least where college may be the better option if yoiu want to play and get noticed. Look at the crowds women volleyball is bringing in. Also women's hockey is getting good fan numbers too. When the volleyball regionals and finals were running there were many teams made up of grad students going for advanced degrees. Good way to keep playing and earn a degree. The transfer portal in many of these sports is really active and is changing how coaching staffs manage their recruiting and teams.
Our daughter's best friend's daughter played volleyball at a local D3 school. She was a very good player. She moved to Great Britain and got a master degree while playing on a professional team over there.
Bryce

She will break all records for the amount of money women basketball players have made, the moment she signs in the WNBA. Way more than she can make in college. I predict she will sign a shoe company to a million dollar deal. Several other sponsors with numbers that have never before been seen in women's pro sports.

The one thing she is considering is that she loves college basketball and once you go to the pros, you can't go back. I think her decision will be very much influenced by how far they go in the playoffs. If they win the final four, it will have a big affect on if she goes pro or stays.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 10:08 PM

With less than a month remaining in the Big Ten women’s basketball schedule, it’s a better time than ever to take a look at the standings. More specifically, the regular season title race. With seven games remaining, Ohio State women’s basketball and the Iowa Hawkeyes are tied atop of the conference. Barring a slip-up by either side, and there are plenty of chances for those, the Buckeyes and Hawkeyes' March 3, 2024 game in Iowa City, Iowa has all the makings of a championship game.
The Hawkeyes lost to Ohio St just a couple weeks ago.
@ Ohio St., so it will be interesting.

7:00 PM EST 2/8

Missouri

South Carolina
9:00 PM EST

Penn St.

Iowa
8:00 PM EST

Virginia Tech

NC State
9:00 PM EST

Ohio St.

Minnesota
Posted By: Eyehi

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/07/24 11:44 PM

She will break all records for the amount of money women basketball players have made, the moment she signs in the WNBA. Way more than she can make in college. I predict she will sign a shoe company to a million dollar deal. Several other sponsors with numbers that have never before been seen in women's pro sports.

The one thing she is considering is that she loves college basketball and once you go to the pros, you can't go back. I think her decision will be very much influenced by how far they go in the playoffs. If they win the final four, it will have a big affect on if she goes pro or stays. [/quote]

Bernie u may want to take a look at the wnba salary structure they don’t make as much as u would guess with the salary cap …. The highest paid player in the league was around 240 k Clark is making 800 k in college …..

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Eyehi

The one thing she is considering is that she loves college basketball and once you go to the pros, you can't go back. I think her decision will be very much influenced by how far they go in the playoffs. If they win the final four, it will have a big affect on if she goes pro or stays.

Bernie u may want to take a look at the wnba salary structure they don’t make as much as u would guess with the salary cap …. The highest paid player in the league was around 240 k Clark is making 800 k in college …..[/quote]

Not in the WNBA , they don't have the seats filled yet.
Sponders will pay for her name and likeness , just like NIKE paid LeBron James 90 million while he was still in High School .
IMHO that ruined him .

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 11:14 AM

I don't see her coming back for another year at Iowa. She's going to set the scoring record, and then it's on to the next challenge, regardless of where Iowa finishes the season. She has shown the world she is the best at the collegiate level...next up WNBA. The money will come.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Eyehi

Bernie u may want to take a look at the wnba salary structure they don’t make as much as u would guess with the salary cap …. The highest paid player in the league was around 240 k Clark is making 800 k in college …..[/quote]

Salaries are nothing. That's not where the money is made. Read my post again. She will take her NIL deals to the pros as well and they will go up.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 01:17 PM

All speculation (which is what we do) on what and how much she makes now and how much she can make turning pro. I think she'd help fill some empty seats in the WNBA. I think South Carolina will
be a tough nut to crack for her to win the natty.
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 01:29 PM

If money is a motivation for playing she will use all of her eligibility up at Iowa. She won't make as much money in the WNBA. The following for the WNBA is poor at best, not matter who is playing.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 03:12 PM

Lots of WNBA teams be looking for her in the future. Good for her!

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 04:37 PM

She still hasn't used her covid year !!! I hope she stays but she won't want an asterisk beside her record point total.....

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 05:13 PM

Okay there are a few factors at play:

1) She will make more money than any WNBA player ever has, immediately upon signing, and even before signing. WAY more than she is making in college. Millions.
2) The Indiana Fever have the first pick in the draft. Her boyfriend Connor McCaffery works for the Indiana Pacers, this might be a factor, although both athletes and coaches move around a lot
3) She wants to win a NCAA championship, which might be motivation to come back next year, if they do not win it this year. However, she will lose a lot of her supporting cast next year, including her best friend Kate Martin.
4) She just loves college basketball. Everything about it.

It's fun to speculate but nobody knows what she will do, and she may not even know at this point.

I can't believe I even care about this stuff! Literally have no interest in the WNBA, never watched a single game and probably never will. I never even watched a women's college game until Caitlin Clark came along. I have friends that watched it, and I always said who wants to watch sweaty girls who can't jump run up and down the court? it's like basketball in slow motion.

Would I be this interested if she wasn't playing for the Hawkeyes? Seriously doubt it. But she is really something. I appreciate greatness and the hard work it takes to become great. And she is the greatest female basketball player of all time, who happens to play for the one team that I have followed for 45 years.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
She still hasn't used her covid year !!! I hope she stays but she won't want an asterisk beside her record point total.....

I think you are right about that. She is already getting a lot of criticism from people who are extremely jealous. Take Sheryl Swoopes for example.
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Okay there are a few factors at play:

1) She will make more money than any WNBA player ever has, immediately upon signing, and even before signing. WAY more than she is making in college. Millions.
2) The Indiana Fever have the first pick in the draft. Her boyfriend Connor McCaffery works for the Indiana Pacers, this might be a factor, although both athletes and coaches move around a lot
3) She wants to win a NCAA championship, which might be motivation to come back next year, if they do not win it this year. However, she will lose a lot of her supporting cast next year, including her best friend Kate Martin.
4) She just loves college basketball. Everything about it.

It's fun to speculate but nobody knows what she will do, and she may not even know at this point.

I can't believe I even care about this stuff! Literally have no interest in the WNBA, never watched a single game and probably never will. I never even watched a women's college game until Caitlin Clark came along. I have friends that watched it, and I always said who wants to watch sweaty girls who can't jump run up and down the court? it's like basketball in slow motion.

Would I be this interested if she wasn't playing for the Hawkeyes? Seriously doubt it. But she is really something. I appreciate greatness and the hard work it takes to become great. And she is the greatest female basketball player of all time, who happens to play for the one team that I have followed for 45 years.

I can't see her making significantly more in the WNBA....she's already making millions. I saw it reported her net worth is around 5 million now. Unless she brings the same excitement to the WNBA...nobody watches it now. She plays in front of sold out arenas in college..if she sells out arenas in the WNBA then yes.....she will get more endorsements....my guess is this is her last year in college...but who knows.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 08:06 PM

I live in Iowa and watch her as much as I can. Not to be biased because she plays for the Hawkeyes, but I can't think of another lady that has been followed in college like she has. She not only sells out Carver Hawkeye Arena, but every other venue she plays in. On October 16, 2023 she put 55,646 people in the stands of Kinnick Stadium (Hawkeye football stadium) to watch an EXHIBITION GAME! She will change the WNBA like Bird and Magic changed the NBA.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 09:38 PM

Last week Iowa played Maryland but they weren't on the schedule. What's up with that?

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 10:11 PM

Last week Iowa played Maryland but they weren't on the schedule. What's up with that?

What do you mean they weren't on the schedule?

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

What do you mean they weren't on the schedule?

Ok.......There's Iowa and there's Iowa State...I was seeing both schedules and they weren't jiving. I got it now. Boy is my face red!
Posted By: corky

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 10:38 PM

Penn St. vs Iowa tonight 8:00 Big Ten Network

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/08/24 11:08 PM

Be there or be square!

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/09/24 12:08 AM

Better than most men’s games that’s got sure. If it comes down to Sc and Iowa for National championship I’ll pull for Big 10. Well Iowa anyway lol

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/09/24 02:41 AM

Record med the game and just started to watch it. 8 seconds into the first possession she hits a 30 footer !
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/09/24 07:25 AM

Stuelke had 47 points, must have been an off night for Clark, she only had 27.

Re: Clark is on fire - 02/09/24 10:28 AM

And 15 assists. She was off so fed the ball to Stueke.
111-93. High scoring for women.
But 12 turnovers
© 2024 Trapperman Forums