No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: DiggerDale] #8064033
01/29/24 11:42 PM
01/29/24 11:42 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by DiggerDale
Originally Posted by James

If you mean sue her for her claim that he sexually assaulted her, truth is a defense to defamation. So far as Trump is concerned, Carroll's claim is true. A prior jury found that he sexually assaulted her, which binds Trump to that fact. If Trump sued, his case would be dismissed.

Jim

Do you have any sources or proof for that claim?

The Judge and Jury found him guilty after listening to the evidence that could not be refuted in court of law.Cant get any better proof than that,lol

I think what you are trying to say is that you do not have any faith in the rule of law.

Last edited by Boco; 01/29/24 11:44 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8064035
01/29/24 11:44 PM
01/29/24 11:44 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by ol' dad
James, can you address the original question that I started the thread with?

Your second post seems to contradict the fact that he was found innocent in the criminal case. How can both be true?

Ol dad

There was never a criminal case based on sexual assault of Carroll, although Trump has a few criminal cases pending against him for other matters.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: danvee] #8064045
01/29/24 11:51 PM
01/29/24 11:51 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Originally Posted by danvee
Did you sit in on the trail or get all these tidbit off the bathroom wall youtube broadcaster please show me that evidence out of a court log.

This trial is playing out in the public forum,..for political purposes!
You know that.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8064058
01/30/24 12:07 AM
01/30/24 12:07 AM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
The Judge and Jury found him guilty after listening to the evidence that could not be refuted in court of law.Cant get any better proof than that,lol

unless of course the evidence is stricken from the court.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: mnsota] #8064126
01/30/24 02:57 AM
01/30/24 02:57 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by mnsota

unless of course the evidence is stricken from the court.

You mean not hearing the whole story, impacts the story? Where did you get a crazy idea like that? lol

-Goofy-
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: danvee] #8064128
01/30/24 03:01 AM
01/30/24 03:01 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by danvee
To do so is biased and the first things a judge will discuss after reading charges and asking for a plea, is for the jury not to decide or predetermine judgement until the trial is over.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

And everybody obeys speed limit signs.

-Goofy-
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8064817
01/31/24 12:02 AM
01/31/24 12:02 AM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline
trapper
Wife  Offline
trapper
W

NE NE
Ahhh - Mr. Trump was found guilty of Sexual Assault and Defamation of Ms. Carroll (like O.J. was found innocent of 1st Degree Murder but Guilty of Wrongful Death - doesn't mean he didn't do it). Read your own local newspapers around the U.S. and see where it is easier to prove Sexual Assault than Rape for prosecuting attorneys. W/O a physical positive Rape Kit from a medical officer or physician it is tough to prove rape in the courtroom. Doesn't mean he did not do more than is allowed by law as evidenced by his adult behavior associated with his power and money. So like this (or O.J.'s) verdict, society has to accept the Law and go forward (hopefully a little SMARTER than we were before). My Take.................................................. the mike

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8064856
01/31/24 01:48 AM
01/31/24 01:48 AM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Gee whiz! With all of this coming to light, maybe I should now change my vote from Mr Trump to Mr Biden.
I don't think so...
And neither do the 80,000,000 who voted for Trump in 2020. (Vote count adjusted to account for widespread fraud.)

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8065025
01/31/24 09:23 AM
01/31/24 09:23 AM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline
trapper
Wife  Offline
trapper
W

NE NE
The lesser of 2 evils is our choice but we need to remember they ARE EVILS. The U.S. electorate should NOT ignore or dismiss either side's actions as what this democracy was founded on. Unfortunately, from this side of the fence, Attorneys have reduced Justice to "deal making" as the solution to legal problems in this country. We have all heard and probably thought to ours "that this country is going to the ****ter". My life experience tells me to try to learn all I can about our leadership choices and don't just take 1 point of view and discount others. Its time consuming and tough to NOT make those "instant decisions in today's instant society". Trump and Biden maybe the lesser of 2 evils but that is what WE as AMERICANS have allowed to come forth from our lack of accountability in the leaders we choose ( from the local school boards on up). So its OUR FAULT there from what I see. Vote with our choice is all that we can do but blame ourselves for the mess we are in.............................................. the mike

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8065053
01/31/24 09:56 AM
01/31/24 09:56 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

You meant Republic, right?

-Goofy-
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8065057
01/31/24 10:08 AM
01/31/24 10:08 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
The lesser of two evils is never going to be a Democrat.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8065124
01/31/24 11:21 AM
01/31/24 11:21 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Online content
trapper
Osky  Online Content
trapper
O

Northern MN
The whole thing baffles me. If you have been wronged, come forward simple as that. Come forward to SOMEONE.
Ballsy/Ford started this crap against Justice Cavenaugh. I Don’t think anyone should have standing by just coming out and saying such and such happened to me, but I have absolutely zero evidence of it.
Shouldn’t happen to you, me, James, BC, liked people or not. It’s insane to me it’s even considered.

A company I worked for a very long time ago layed me off. I recall there were white people still working, I’m a breed. I guess I can sue them for 83 million because 35 years ago they were racist? No one would recall, there are no witnesses, at least somewhere there may be an employment record. That means nothing but it’s far and away more than this woman has produced against Trump.

Fantasy law, coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: James] #8065135
01/31/24 11:41 AM
01/31/24 11:41 AM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline OP
trapper
ol' dad  Offline OP
trapper

Missouri
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by ol' dad
James, can you address the original question that I started the thread with?

Your second post seems to contradict the fact that he was found innocent in the criminal case. How can both be true?

Ol dad

There was never a criminal case based on sexual assault of Carroll, although Trump has a few criminal cases pending against him for other matters.

Jim

Correct. So the case in which the OANN article is referring (quoted in the first post) was the civil trial? The article claims he was found innocent of the rape charge. Or is this article wrong?

ol' dad

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8065145
01/31/24 11:59 AM
01/31/24 11:59 AM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
Innocent on rape charge, but guilty on sexual assault. I believe that's what happened.

How you can be found guilty on a charge that the victim can't remember what day or what year it happened? Only in new york, land of trump haters.

The voting public shoulders some blame for the state of government. But government and their propaganda friends in the media have mislead the public to get us to where we currently are.

The path to the future lies in independent media.

Musk buys twitter, promotes the free exchange of free speech.

And mysteriously runs afoul of multiple government investigations into him.

Coincidence?

I think not

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8065146
01/31/24 12:00 PM
01/31/24 12:00 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Where can you find OAN on Direct TV? Do they even have it? I used to watch it all the time and then it disappeared.

Most in this country have things people in other countries only dream about. Yet, they want America to be more like those other countries.
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: Osky] #8065178
01/31/24 12:50 PM
01/31/24 12:50 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Osky
The whole thing baffles me. If you have been wronged, come forward simple as that. Come forward to SOMEONE.
Ballsy/Ford started this crap against Justice Cavenaugh. I Don’t think anyone should have standing by just coming out and saying such and such happened to me, but I have absolutely zero evidence of it.
Shouldn’t happen to you, me, James, BC, liked people or not. It’s insane to me it’s even considered.

A company I worked for a very long time ago layed me off. I recall there were white people still working, I’m a breed. I guess I can sue them for 83 million because 35 years ago they were racist? No one would recall, there are no witnesses, at least somewhere there may be an employment record. That means nothing but it’s far and away more than this woman has produced against Trump.

Osky

Just make the statute of limitations 5 minutes.
Then lots of reprobates can get away with it.

Last edited by Boco; 01/31/24 12:52 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8065219
01/31/24 02:01 PM
01/31/24 02:01 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Like the Duke lacross team. Only they weren't running for president on the republican ticket.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: Boco] #8065234
01/31/24 02:20 PM
01/31/24 02:20 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Online content
trapper
Osky  Online Content
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Boco

Osky

Just make the statute of limitations 5 minutes.
Then lots of reprobates can get away with it.

How about some honesty from the supposed victims? No one should “ get away” with anything. By the same token supposed charges from 20 plus years ago, no witnesses, no record of complaint by the victim, no record of complaint to Anyone at the rime, no video, no physical evidence, no evidence of accused and accuser ever crossing paths that day.. ( Ballsy/Ford ) is wrong against ANY individual. Sort of the reason the iconic Statue of Liberty wears a blindfold.
Innocent until proven guilty, a disappearing concept.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: ol' dad] #8065494
01/31/24 08:41 PM
01/31/24 08:41 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) [Re: Osky] #8065510
01/31/24 08:55 PM
01/31/24 08:55 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

Osky

You have some good arguments, Osky, and I assume they were all made to the jury, which didn't buy them. The jury believed her (part of her story anyway). One person's testimony, when subject to cross-examination by the accused, is enough for a verdict.

The jury didn't find Trump innocent of rape. They found the rape accusation had not been proved by a preponderance of evidence. They found he had committed sexual assault, which includes more than rape.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread