Home

Can someone explain this? (Trump post)

Posted By: ol' dad

Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 04:29 PM

From OANN -
A verdict has been reached by the jury in E. Jean Carroll’s civil defamation case against former President Donald Trump. The jury has ruled that the 45th president will pay $18.3 million in compensatory damages and an additional $65 million in punitive damages to Carroll for “defamatory public statements” he made about her in 2019.

The jury of seven men and two women came to the decision in less than three hours.

In May, a jury found the former president liable for battery in a civil trial brought forth by writer E. Jean Carroll. Carroll claimed that Trump had previously raped and assaulted her back in the 1990’s. She also claimed that Trump defamed her when she went public with the accusation in 2019.

The jury was tasked with determining whether or not the Republican presidential front-runner forcibly assaulted and defamed Carroll. They ultimately found Trump liable for defamation and battery.

However, they also found him innocent of the rape accusation.

Carroll was awarded $5 million in damages due to the alleged battery. Trump must pay this amount in addition to the $83.3 million.

Not meant to be a political post, but genuinely curious how one is found innocent of rape but guilty of defamation by the person who is accusing him of rape? I don't know of any other cases to cite.

Just curious, on the chance that someone accuses me of stealing a muskrat from their set, I'd hate to call them a name and it end up costing me my life savings.

ol' dad
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 04:34 PM

All of it sounds strange. If he did it why is he not in jail? Sounds like it's all about money...
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 04:35 PM

Remember the phrase rules for thee but not for me and the news will make more sense. Also- we are living in strange times. I quit the news 4 yrs ago this month and I don't miss it a bit.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Remember the phrase rules for thee but not for me and the news will make more sense. Also- we are living in strange times. I quit the news 4 yrs ago this month and I don't miss it a bit.

Yep
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 04:49 PM

My question why isn't she guilty of defamation for a false rape charge?
I'm sure this will get knocked down or eliminated on appeal.

Look into her connections with others and see who they are. That'll convince you that this is a hit job to ruin Trump.

Gotta ask yourself why are there so many people who are trying everything they can do to get Trump off the ballot, and out of politics.

And yet after all this most polls have Trump beating biden. Alot of people are wise to whats going on and can see the blatant double standard.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 04:50 PM

Apparently there was no case in the (90)s or is the coverup gonna be the next big case
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 04:58 PM

Statue of limitations had already run out, so NY gave a year to file, then closed it again, obviously tailoring the tempororary law change to her case.
If that isn't targeted lawfare, what is?
I'm sure our resident lawyers will tell us!

She couldn't say what month, or even what year exactly, the alleged incident took.place.
Claims she saved the dress she was wearing at the time, but that dress wasnt manufactured until years later.

"In 2019, Carroll came forward with a rape claim against Trump in her then forthcoming book, What Do We Need Men For? A Modest Proposal, an excerpt of which ran that June in New York magazine. Trump responded to Carroll’s claim – that he sexually assaulted her in a high-end department store dressing room around early 1996 – by saying she was a dishonest political operative.

Carroll sued him for defamation, as the statute of limitations barred her from suing over the assault. When a New York law in 2022 granted accusers a one-year window to sue their abusers for incidents outside the civil statute of limitations, Carroll commenced another civil action – this time for the assault and his defamatory statements about her post-presidency."
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 05:32 PM

Is this unique and a one of / one time deal cooked up just to get Trump? You get to take em to civil kangaroo court and never have to prove anything?

If not, and you can do this anywheere, I'd think James Carvelle would be on the hook to Paula Jones. Something about dragging $100 bill thru a trailer court? And for that matter, Slick Willie to all the women like Jones that he abused whilst guvnor and POTUS.

But more than likely, this is just one more attempt to bludgeon Trump in kangaroo court of public opinion (the dolts eat it up with a spoon) and an attempt to bankrupt him from legal fees alone.

Prosecutorial misconduct has to be lurking in the weeds.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 05:36 PM

He was guilty of saying he didn't do it . Said she was lying. THAT IS normal behavior. SO shouldn't monica Lewinsky sue bill Clinton. He said he didn't do her but he did......
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 05:37 PM

If you can’t jail him then plan B is to bankrupt him they will try to destroy him one way or another hook or crook.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
He was guilty of saying he didn't do it . Said she was lying. THAT IS normal behavior. SO shouldn't monica Lewinsky sue bill Clinton. He said he didn't do her but he did......

As if the facts matter LOL. Facts matter the least now Uncle of Savell!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 05:41 PM

James could likely explain it better but there is a different bar applied to a criminal case and a civil one.
One is beyond reasonable doubt the other is preponderance of evidence.
Just because one cannot prove something beyond reasonable doubt does not mean it did not happen.
Still guilty in the civil court by an overwhelming preponderance of evidence.The bar is not as high in the civil court.

Same thing ocurred with OJ.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 05:46 PM

Our legal system is moving from a means to justice to a weapon to destroy an enemy especially in liberal states and at higher Federal levels. A lot of people thinks it's OK because it represents their views when in actuality the court system should represent justice and the laws. When courts don't do this laws become meaningless. Especially for those in power.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
James could likely explain it better but there is a different bar applied to a criminal case and a civil one.
One is beyond reasonable doubt the other is preponderance of evidence.
Just because one cannot prove something beyond reasonable doubt does not mean it did not happen.
Still guilty in the civil court by an overwhelming preponderance of evidence.The bar is not as high in the civil court.

Same thing ocurred with OJ.

So what if the person is truly innocent? Do they not have a right to deny the allegations without fear of punishment by a civil court? How is one supposed to clear their name?

ol dad

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 05:58 PM

Dont ask me those are your laws.

Not sure you can be pardoned when you lose a civil suit.

Probably an appeal.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:05 PM

It's all about bankrupt Trump so he has no money to campaign.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:06 PM

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/LrewUpKXtOg?si=7enezicb5o8IA4wj[/video]
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:11 PM

She'll never get the money he will win his appeal.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by ol' dad
From OANN -
A verdict has been reached by the jury in E. Jean Carroll’s civil defamation case against former President Donald Trump. The jury has ruled that the 45th president will pay $18.3 million in compensatory damages and an additional $65 million in punitive damages to Carroll for “defamatory public statements” he made about her in 2019.

The jury of seven men and two women came to the decision in less than three hours.

In May, a jury found the former president liable for battery in a civil trial brought forth by writer E. Jean Carroll. Carroll claimed that Trump had previously raped and assaulted her back in the 1990’s. She also claimed that Trump defamed her when she went public with the accusation in 2019.

The jury was tasked with determining whether or not the Republican presidential front-runner forcibly assaulted and defamed Carroll. They ultimately found Trump liable for defamation and battery.

However, they also found him innocent of the rape accusation.

Carroll was awarded $5 million in damages due to the alleged battery. Trump must pay this amount in addition to the $83.3 million.

Not meant to be a political post, but genuinely curious how one is found innocent of rape but guilty of defamation by the person who is accusing him of rape? I don't know of any other cases to cite.

Just curious, on the chance that someone accuses me of stealing a muskrat from their set, I'd hate to call them a name and it end up costing me my life savings.

ol' dad

One word "POLITICS" Trump's Lawyer was not allowed to bring up a finding that every juror was a registered Democrat. Imagine that in NYC. And why did she wait 2-1/2 decades to bring up this? They did the same exact thing to Kavanaugh. This seems to be the new political attack point of the Democrat Party.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:15 PM

The liars case is being financially supported by Reid Hoffman, yes,. the same democrat billionaire supporting the globalist Haley to bring down Trump.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:16 PM

Defimation, slander etc. are very different than rape. It is easier to convict parties on defimation than rape and Trump continued to defame the lady and the lawyer for the the prosecution was far, far better than Trump's lawyer. One would think he could afford better legal lawyers but maybe those willing to defend him tire of the process and how rarely listens to their advice anyway.

Bryce
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:20 PM

So, it was passed the statute of limitations, so, NY literally changed the law just so she could still file suit?
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

Good watch.. I share his same disgust
And now it comes out that both the judge and prosecutor worked at the same lawfirm and never disclosed this pretrial... Conflict of Interest????

A few details the judge deemed "inadmissible" during the trial

She couldn’t recall the date, month, season, or year the incident happened
She never told anyone about it, despite being publicly obsessed with her own sexuality
The dress she claims to have been wearing didn’t exist at the time
Her description of the dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman was inaccurate, making her sequence of events impossible
Her lawsuit was bankrolled by Jeffrey Epstein pal and Democrat (and Nikki Haley) mega-donor Reid Hoffman
Democrats created a law (The Adult Survivors Act in 2022) to enable her lawsuit to proceed
Her accusation is the exact plotline of an episode of Law & Order (one of her “favorite shows”)
Trump’s Apprentice was also one of her favorite shows
She has a history of falsely accusing men of ra**, including Les Moonves
She told Anderson Cooper, “most people think of ra** as being sexy. Think of the fantasies.”
She made a career promoting promiscuity, even writing glowingly of sexual assault and naming her cat Vag***
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:26 PM

If DJT had not made the commitment to take down the deep state all the law suits wouldn't have happened!

We need a dictator for a day.................or more! lol
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by mnsota
The liars case is being financially supported by Reid Hoffman, yes,. the same democrat billionaire supporting the globalist Haley to bring down Trump.

Reid Hoffman is also a business partner of George SOROS. Both of them together, starting a new Media company to combat "mis-information" Interesting that Haley is being funded in part by George Soros.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
So, it was passed the statute of limitations, so, NY literally changed the law just so she could still file suit?

Yep.

https://www.jurist.org/news/2022/11...mitations-in-sexual-assault-civil-cases/

But that don't matter to our lawyers, the end justifies the means.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 07:40 PM

Yes.

Actually passed as a gift to the me too trial lawyers as a get rich and kickback scheme to the party that passed it. Then just as quickly curtailed when it became obvious where the target rich environment for these lawsuits actually was, the party that passed it.

Trump was just a side benefit.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 07:44 PM

Watching Trump is like watching a gong show,lol.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 07:56 PM

Troll
Posted By: danvee

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 09:21 PM

Spot on BOCO just like OJ Simpson he out ran the criminal case but got nailed on the civil. In Criminal your guilty or not guilty in civil it can be anywhere from 0 to 100% of monetary penalty.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 09:22 PM

He could have saved himself a bunch of money by keeping his yap shut and letting his attorney talk.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 09:25 PM

7 yrs for me...My news filters through Tman

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
Spot on BOCO just like OJ Simpson he out ran the criminal case but got nailed on the civil. In Criminal your guilty or not guilty in civil it can be anywhere from 0 to 100% of monetary penalty.

He could have saved himself a bunch of money by keeping his yap shut and letting his attorney talk.

If twelve jurors, with the aid of the state and all of its resources, can't prove a person's guilt, why would you think its plausible a civil court can?

Someone should not be punished for speaking out to defend themselves.

ol dad
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

7 yrs for me...My news filters through Tman

Been about 6 for me and even filtered through here I can still get edgy.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 10:35 PM

Most of, or all of the cases against trump will be reversed on appeal. But that will happen after the election, which is the whole point of these cases.

Trump has had problems retaining top legal counsel, because there is a group of lawyers that threaten and harass anyone willing to represent him. They file bar complaints against or threaten bar complaints until people cave in.

Let that sink in.

OJ was acquitted because the la pd falsified evidence, they planted evidence. Maybe they didn't need to, but they did and got caught.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
Most of, or all of the cases against trump will be reversed on appeal. But that will happen after the election, which is the whole point of these cases.

Trump has had problems retaining top legal counsel, because there is a group of lawyers that threaten and harass anyone willing to represent him. They file bar complaints against or threaten bar complaints until people cave in.

Let that sink in.

OJ was acquitted because the la pd falsified evidence, they planted evidence. Maybe they didn't need to, but they did and got caught.

And if they are caving to that and not doing anything about it then they need to go too.

Make that “all the judges and all the lawyers”. You shouldn’t need one to decode the legal speak anyway.

OJ was acquitted because of fear.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 11:27 PM

Dershowitz discussed it on his podcast, because they did it to him also. At the minimum they tie up your time and cost you a bunch of money. I believe he said the legal bill for someone to represent him in his case was 10k.

Dershowitz's podcast is on mon tue and wed every week. Well worth watching, interesting and insightful.

LA cops moved blood evidence, and got caught.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 11:36 PM

Trump cant get anyone to help him because of his penchant for throwing loyal people under the bus.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 11:46 PM

Trump cant get anyone to help him because of his penchant for throwing loyal people under the bus.

Hmmm. Coming from the guy that threw all the Canadian truckers under the bus....

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 11:47 PM

I did no such thing.
We fed them when they came thru town.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/29/24 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi

Defimation, slander etc. are very different than rape. It is easier to convict parties on defimation than rape and Trump continued to defame the lady and the lawyer for the the prosecution was far, far better than Trump's lawyer. One would think he could afford better legal lawyers but maybe those willing to defend him tire of the process and how rarely listens to their advice anyway.

Bryce

Is defamation a 2 way street? Can Trump sue her for 84 million for defaming him?

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 12:02 AM

Would you keep your yap shut if you were falsely accused of rape?
Posted By: James

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 12:07 AM

Let that sink in.

Do you have any sources or proof for those claims?

If you can predict the outcome on appeal for Trump's numerous legal cases, you must have a crystal ball. You're making predictions that few lawyers would attempt.

Your claim that other lawyers are being mean to Trump's lawyers, filing Bar grievances and making threats, is ridiculous on its face for several reasons. First, litigation attorneys don't care who's mean to them. Someone is always being mean in that field. Litigation attorneys need a thick skin, or else should take up writing trust documents or something.

Second, the filing of a Bar grievance is strictly confidential pending investigation and outcome. Any lawyer who reveals the existence of a Bar grievance is themself guilty of an ethics violation. The odds that anyone with personal knowledge would take that risk and reveal the grievance are slim. The odds that you're simply repeating rumor and innuendo are much higher.

Third, filing groundless grievances also risks an ethics violation.

You ought to quit representing rumor as fact. It hurts your credibility with those who know better. I now know to take your claims with a healthy dose of salt--unless you support them with a source.

Jim

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 12:09 AM

Dershowitz discussed it on his podcast, because they did it to him also. At the minimum they tie up your time and cost you a bunch of money. I believe he said the legal bill for someone to represent him in his case was 10k.

Dershowitz's podcast is on mon tue and wed every week. Well worth watching, interesting and insightful.

LA cops moved blood evidence, and got caught.

Yeah, okay.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

Is defamation a 2 way street? Can Trump sue her for 84 million for defaming him?

If you mean sue her for her claim that he sexually assaulted her, truth is a defense to defamation. So far as Trump is concerned, Carroll's claim is true. A prior jury found that he sexually assaulted her, which binds Trump to that fact. If Trump sued, his case would be dismissed.

Jim

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 12:26 AM

Trump should sue himself for defamation-he would win.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 12:31 AM

Trump said he is a man of the law and we are a nation of laws whats the issue??

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 12:41 AM

The issue is truth and common sense tells me it is not being adhered to!
Posted By: Mando

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 01:30 AM

And Biden said he chooses truth over facts. Crazy right?
Posted By: Posco

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 01:42 AM

You have that just backward. Trump is loyal to those that are loyal to him.
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Posco

You have that just backward. Trump is loyal to those that are loyal to him.

Wow!

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 02:13 AM

James, can you address the original question that I started the thread with?

Your second post seems to contradict the fact that he was found innocent in the criminal case. How can both be true?

Ol dad

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 02:56 AM

Unless you sat in like the jury did and listened to all the testimony, evidence and what the judge read as procedure how can you contradict or second guess. To do so is biased and the first things a judge will discuss after reading charges and asking for a plea, is for the jury not to decide or predetermine judgement until the trial is over.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:04 AM

I f anyone thinks Trump is getting a fair shake in any of his trials, well you really can't fix stupid.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:16 AM

Trump is his own worst enemy.
I didnt think he was gonna throw his best buddy Rudy under the bus but in the wink of an eye-by by Rudy,lol.
Just used and tossed like a dirty kleenex.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:21 AM

Unless you sat in like the jury did and listened to all the testimony, evidence and what the judge read as procedure how can you contradict or second guess. To do so is biased and the first things a judge will discuss after reading charges and asking for a plea, is for the jury not to decide or predetermine judgement until the trial is over.

Maybe because most of this was voided out?

A few details the judge deemed "inadmissible" during the trial

She couldn’t recall the date, month, season, or year the incident happened
She never told anyone about it, despite being publicly obsessed with her own sexuality
The dress she claims to have been wearing didn’t exist at the time
Her description of the dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman was inaccurate, making her sequence of events impossible
Her lawsuit was bankrolled by Jeffrey Epstein pal and Democrat (and Nikki Haley) mega-donor Reid Hoffman
Democrats created a law (The Adult Survivors Act in 2022) to enable her lawsuit to proceed
Her accusation is the exact plotline of an episode of Law & Order (one of her “favorite shows”)
Trump’s Apprentice was also one of her favorite shows
She has a history of falsely accusing men of ra**, including Les Moonves
She told Anderson Cooper, “most people think of ra** as being sexy. Think of the fantasies.”
She made a career promoting promiscuity, even writing glowingly of sexual assault and naming her cat Vag***

Again, common sense tells me this was nothing more than a planned political hit job!,.of course this will take time in appeal.
You and MSM will have ample time to gloat.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:24 AM

To answer the original poster,

No because you cant tell a heinze pickle nothing.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:24 AM

Did you sit in on the trail or get all these tidbit off the bathroom wall youtube broadcaster please show me that evidence out of a court log.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:26 AM

Sure Trump can sue her for that, if he can put together the proof that she did. The only real way he could do that is that they took him to court for this case and would have lost. If he plans to sue her he best get a lawyer that knows how to work in a court room and is not just a young face setting next to him.

Bryce

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by James

If you mean sue her for her claim that he sexually assaulted her, truth is a defense to defamation. So far as Trump is concerned, Carroll's claim is true. A prior jury found that he sexually assaulted her, which binds Trump to that fact. If Trump sued, his case would be dismissed.

Jim

Do you have any sources or proof for that claim?

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by DiggerDale

Jim

Do you have any sources or proof for that claim?

The Judge and Jury found him guilty after listening to the evidence that could not be refuted in court of law.Cant get any better proof than that,lol

I think what you are trying to say is that you do not have any faith in the rule of law.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:44 AM

Your second post seems to contradict the fact that he was found innocent in the criminal case. How can both be true?

Ol dad

There was never a criminal case based on sexual assault of Carroll, although Trump has a few criminal cases pending against him for other matters.

Jim

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 03:51 AM

Did you sit in on the trail or get all these tidbit off the bathroom wall youtube broadcaster please show me that evidence out of a court log.

This trial is playing out in the public forum,..for political purposes!
You know that.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 04:07 AM

The Judge and Jury found him guilty after listening to the evidence that could not be refuted in court of law.Cant get any better proof than that,lol

unless of course the evidence is stricken from the court.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by mnsota

unless of course the evidence is stricken from the court.

You mean not hearing the whole story, impacts the story? Where did you get a crazy idea like that? lol

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/30/24 07:01 AM

To do so is biased and the first things a judge will discuss after reading charges and asking for a plea, is for the jury not to decide or predetermine judgement until the trial is over.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

And everybody obeys speed limit signs.
Posted By: Wife

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 04:02 AM

Ahhh - Mr. Trump was found guilty of Sexual Assault and Defamation of Ms. Carroll (like O.J. was found innocent of 1st Degree Murder but Guilty of Wrongful Death - doesn't mean he didn't do it). Read your own local newspapers around the U.S. and see where it is easier to prove Sexual Assault than Rape for prosecuting attorneys. W/O a physical positive Rape Kit from a medical officer or physician it is tough to prove rape in the courtroom. Doesn't mean he did not do more than is allowed by law as evidenced by his adult behavior associated with his power and money. So like this (or O.J.'s) verdict, society has to accept the Law and go forward (hopefully a little SMARTER than we were before). My Take.................................................. the mike
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 05:48 AM

Gee whiz! With all of this coming to light, maybe I should now change my vote from Mr Trump to Mr Biden.
I don't think so...
And neither do the 80,000,000 who voted for Trump in 2020. (Vote count adjusted to account for widespread fraud.)
Posted By: Wife

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 01:23 PM

The lesser of 2 evils is our choice but we need to remember they ARE EVILS. The U.S. electorate should NOT ignore or dismiss either side's actions as what this democracy was founded on. Unfortunately, from this side of the fence, Attorneys have reduced Justice to "deal making" as the solution to legal problems in this country. We have all heard and probably thought to ours "that this country is going to the ****ter". My life experience tells me to try to learn all I can about our leadership choices and don't just take 1 point of view and discount others. Its time consuming and tough to NOT make those "instant decisions in today's instant society". Trump and Biden maybe the lesser of 2 evils but that is what WE as AMERICANS have allowed to come forth from our lack of accountability in the leaders we choose ( from the local school boards on up). So its OUR FAULT there from what I see. Vote with our choice is all that we can do but blame ourselves for the mess we are in.............................................. the mike

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 01:56 PM

You meant Republic, right?
Posted By: Posco

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 02:08 PM

The lesser of two evils is never going to be a Democrat.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 03:21 PM

The whole thing baffles me. If you have been wronged, come forward simple as that. Come forward to SOMEONE.
Ballsy/Ford started this crap against Justice Cavenaugh. I Don’t think anyone should have standing by just coming out and saying such and such happened to me, but I have absolutely zero evidence of it.
Shouldn’t happen to you, me, James, BC, liked people or not. It’s insane to me it’s even considered.

A company I worked for a very long time ago layed me off. I recall there were white people still working, I’m a breed. I guess I can sue them for 83 million because 35 years ago they were racist? No one would recall, there are no witnesses, at least somewhere there may be an employment record. That means nothing but it’s far and away more than this woman has produced against Trump.

Fantasy law, coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Osky

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 03:41 PM

Ol dad

There was never a criminal case based on sexual assault of Carroll, although Trump has a few criminal cases pending against him for other matters.

Jim

Correct. So the case in which the OANN article is referring (quoted in the first post) was the civil trial? The article claims he was found innocent of the rape charge. Or is this article wrong?

ol' dad

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 03:59 PM

Innocent on rape charge, but guilty on sexual assault. I believe that's what happened.

How you can be found guilty on a charge that the victim can't remember what day or what year it happened? Only in new york, land of trump haters.

The voting public shoulders some blame for the state of government. But government and their propaganda friends in the media have mislead the public to get us to where we currently are.

The path to the future lies in independent media.

Musk buys twitter, promotes the free exchange of free speech.

And mysteriously runs afoul of multiple government investigations into him.

Coincidence?

I think not
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 04:00 PM

Where can you find OAN on Direct TV? Do they even have it? I used to watch it all the time and then it disappeared.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Osky
The whole thing baffles me. If you have been wronged, come forward simple as that. Come forward to SOMEONE.
Ballsy/Ford started this crap against Justice Cavenaugh. I Don’t think anyone should have standing by just coming out and saying such and such happened to me, but I have absolutely zero evidence of it.
Shouldn’t happen to you, me, James, BC, liked people or not. It’s insane to me it’s even considered.

A company I worked for a very long time ago layed me off. I recall there were white people still working, I’m a breed. I guess I can sue them for 83 million because 35 years ago they were racist? No one would recall, there are no witnesses, at least somewhere there may be an employment record. That means nothing but it’s far and away more than this woman has produced against Trump.

Osky

Just make the statute of limitations 5 minutes.
Then lots of reprobates can get away with it.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 06:01 PM

Like the Duke lacross team. Only they weren't running for president on the republican ticket.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 01/31/24 06:20 PM

Osky

Just make the statute of limitations 5 minutes.
Then lots of reprobates can get away with it.

How about some honesty from the supposed victims? No one should “ get away” with anything. By the same token supposed charges from 20 plus years ago, no witnesses, no record of complaint by the victim, no record of complaint to Anyone at the rime, no video, no physical evidence, no evidence of accused and accuser ever crossing paths that day.. ( Ballsy/Ford ) is wrong against ANY individual. Sort of the reason the iconic Statue of Liberty wears a blindfold.
Innocent until proven guilty, a disappearing concept.

Osky
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 12:41 AM

https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...ixTq2l2PBkTDqxeMJBXeOSBA&oe=65C04034

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 12:55 AM

Osky

You have some good arguments, Osky, and I assume they were all made to the jury, which didn't buy them. The jury believed her (part of her story anyway). One person's testimony, when subject to cross-examination by the accused, is enough for a verdict.

The jury didn't find Trump innocent of rape. They found the rape accusation had not been proved by a preponderance of evidence. They found he had committed sexual assault, which includes more than rape.

Jim

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 01:02 AM

The path to the future lies in independent media.

Absolutely Otis, main stream media has shown it's colors. Pretty hard to counter the continuous drumming of left wing propaganda.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 01:09 AM

SMH !
The BS a certain one posts

BYE BYE THREAD!!

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 01:12 AM

I think you started deletion of the other thread.

Jim
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 01:19 AM

Had this charge been flip-flopped, the defendant would have been found, not psychologically fit to stand trial. What a farce! Anyone, happen to catch the interview with this dingbat and Rachel Maddow, after the "trial"? Good grief! Her attorney was freaking out during the whole bit.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 01:21 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...E19sGTW1hGajTcK6ts5YlnNxpLKRYyLB8dKEFcAo
Posted By: BandB

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 01:22 AM

No video, no DNA, no witnesses, no corroboration of the victims claim, biased judge, 12 Dem jurors, one crazy "victim". All just to keep Trump out of office.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by BandB

No video, no DNA, no witnesses, no corroboration of the victims claim, biased judge, 12 Dem jurors, one crazy "victim". All just to keep Trump out of office.

And it ain't even going to do that, looks like!

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 02:00 AM

A democrat fund raiser (Conway) talked her into it....and probably funded her.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 03:55 AM

Poor old Trump cant win.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 04:35 AM

Ever notice that he's always playing the victim?

Jim

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 05:16 AM

Ever notice that he's always playing the victim?

Jim

LOL,he always tries to blame other people when things go south for him which seems to be a regular occurrence.
He doesnt know he is doing it to himself.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 07:17 AM

Poor old Trump cant win.

Oh yea, just wait until November, you will see poor ol Trump win so big they wont be able steal it again.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 04:43 PM

What was that noise? Oh it was 2 heads exploding thanks to you Jeff.

Re: Can someone explain this? (Trump post) - 02/01/24 06:06 PM

Don't waste your time on the same old trolls, tell'm whatcha think and move on. You're just feeding into them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums