No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Pastor stepped in it [Re: warrior] #8043027
01/07/24 07:43 PM
01/07/24 07:43 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
The rhetorical "they" when referring to regulators, aka karens with authority.

Again, no issue whatsoever with self seeking knowledge. Matter of fact I highly encourage it.

My problem is third party requirement, of any type, to exercise an innate liberty.

Best case an annoyance worse an artificially imposed barrier.

[Linked Image]
Re: Pastor stepped in it [Re: warrior] #8043072
01/07/24 08:13 PM
01/07/24 08:13 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I believe it is Hawaii that just mandated state approved training before firearms my be purchased.

Guess how many state accredited trainers there are?

Hint: It's less than 1

Never, ever, under any circumstances expect the government to not abuse any power granted to them.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Pastor stepped in it [Re: warrior] #8043083
01/07/24 08:22 PM
01/07/24 08:22 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by warrior
The rhetorical "they" when referring to regulators, aka karens with authority.

Again, no issue whatsoever with self seeking knowledge. Matter of fact I highly encourage it.

My problem is third party requirement, of any type, to exercise an innate liberty.

Best case an annoyance worse an artificially imposed barrier.

Hench why I said spoke on multiple time how it shouldn't be a requirement. It should be a highly encouraged deal from a societal point of view. Have it to where is one of those deal where people just want to do it. Like kids wanting to get into a karate class or people thinking they should go to college

Re: Pastor stepped in it [Re: warrior] #8043102
01/07/24 08:45 PM
01/07/24 08:45 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Wolddog today it's encouraged to pretend to be what gender they are not.

Re: Pastor stepped in it [Re: warrior] #8043238
01/07/24 10:52 PM
01/07/24 10:52 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
when your right steps on my right we have a problem

so innless you are endangering me in such a way that my right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness are endangered,
like your weapons handling is strait up dangerous and endangering me.

people with VERY little training defend themselves and live with guns every day their training might literally be 20 minutes with dad showing them how to load and unload the revolver and grip point and fire it at a target 10 feet away.
it might be 10 minute's with the guy at the gun counter where they bought the gun they latter use when someone is beating in their door.

should we offer all the free/very low cost training to make people safe we can , yup some youtube videos can really give you a lot about safe handling and the why

when you stop and look back at Hunters ed it is a 12 hour class in WI that is taught to primarily 11-14 year old kids and they really have a fairly good track record of safety with guns after that.
it counts for your WI CCL proof of training as does a 4 hour DOJ class that some places offer for free as does a DD214 or a CCP/CCL form any other state.

that said you need nothing to carry in your home or not concealed , I think we should have constitutional carry

what I find is that when we mandate a training people will think they are an expert after that 4 hour training sure they need no more. every 4 hour training given should end with this is the absolute bare minimum to meet a mandate you should seek training in how to use your gun now.

no the 4 hour training with zero live fire does not make you an exert in anything.
however
all we really need is for you not to shoot yourself , your family or people on the street and most people do really well with that a billion firearms 330 million people and actual accidents are very few

we could teach some super basics in schools without any live fire it would be solid education for something that they are likely to run into.
it could be like 4 hours of health class freshman year and it would be tax dollars well spent

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 01/07/24 10:58 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Pastor stepped in it [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8043451
01/08/24 08:53 AM
01/08/24 08:53 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE