No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7995111
11/15/23 01:13 PM
11/15/23 01:13 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content
trapper
P

Indiana
Law Dog the sweetener in diet drinks is worse than eating sugar.

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Providence Farm] #7995115
11/15/23 01:19 PM
11/15/23 01:19 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Law Dog the sweetener in diet drinks is worse than eating sugar.

1 diet Dr Pepper a day 2 if it’s real hot 2 cups of coffee a day the rest is water after that. Water is the best thing I’ve found to keep the plumbing working. Been told to drink more water for years and kind of blew that off now I wish I started sooner.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7995118
11/15/23 01:29 PM
11/15/23 01:29 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Diggerman -

Meals from- Turkey, venison, chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables, 2% cheese...Drink almond milk or water.

If you fudge go 80/20...Strict diet 80% of the time...Treat yourself and cheat 20% of the time to keep some sanity, Lol.

Member - FTA
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Law Dog] #7995150
11/15/23 02:25 PM
11/15/23 02:25 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Being a picky eater makes my choices even harder to enjoy eating. I’m solid on the no sugar intake zip nothing in 2 years. No fries at fast food just a double burger and diet drinks or coffee. I went to Stake and Shake when I was in MO no diet drink options that was surprising tea was about it.

Buddy takes his meds and eats like it was never an issue Little Debbie and him are close friends and his A1C is lower than mine. mad

lol

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #7995175
11/15/23 03:19 PM
11/15/23 03:19 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Diggerman -

Meals from- Turkey, venison, chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables, 2% cheese...Drink almond milk or water.

If you fudge go 80/20...Strict diet 80% of the time...Treat yourself and cheat 20% of the time to keep some sanity, Lol.

Carrageenan in almond milk is a Polysaccharidsle and it helps store sugars in your body. Helps with getting cancer and diabetes. Basically it's not good for you.

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Law Dog] #7995183
11/15/23 03:30 PM
11/15/23 03:30 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Being a picky eater makes my choices even harder to enjoy eating. I’m solid on the no sugar intake zip nothing in 2 years. No fries at fast food just a double burger and diet drinks or coffee. I went to Stake and Shake when I was in MO no diet drink options that was surprising tea was about it.

Buddy takes his meds and eats like it was never an issue Little Debbie and him are close friends and his A1C is lower than mine. mad

You need to make sure the diet drinks have no Aspartame in it. I've read numerous articles on it that say Aspartame has many harmful effects including heart disorders and cancer.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7995199
11/15/23 03:54 PM
11/15/23 03:54 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
I eat right and still need meds. If I didn’t eat right would probably need more meds.

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: YamaCat] #7995225
11/15/23 04:26 PM
11/15/23 04:26 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.

I’ve been eating healthy for over a year now. It was hard at first but eventually gets easier and pretty dang tasty. I still have the “frequent urination “ deal going though.[/quote]
Try a couple Ibuprofins, they act as a diuretic I think, anyways helps with the frequent urinations.

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Diggerman] #7995615
11/16/23 12:41 AM
11/16/23 12:41 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Diggerman

I’ve been eating healthy for over a year now. It was hard at first but eventually gets easier and pretty dang tasty. I still have the “frequent urination “ deal going though.

Try a couple Ibuprofins, they act as a diuretic I think, anyways helps with the frequent urinations.[/quote]

Try cut out dairy and see if that works with the swollen prostate and frequent urination.

Also, alot of so called "Heart Healthy" labeling is a farce. Whole grains are NOT good for you in any way. Neither is oatmeal, fruit and fruit juice, its very high carb. You wont get healthy eating them.

What you eventually realize is that you have to prepare your meals from single ingredient foods. When you walk into a supermarket there is only a couple isles of food you can eat. Produce and meat, fish and eggs, poultry.

Of course (unless you are Type 1 diabetic) go ahead and have a cheat day once a week, so you can still enjoy life and eating and be healthy. Its easy once you get the hang of it

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7995700
11/16/23 07:46 AM
11/16/23 07:46 AM
Mn
M
mskrtman Offline
trapper
mskrtman  Offline
trapper
M

Mn
You guys seem to have success with the low carb diet. I'd be worried about the long term effects. There are places on earth where people live long lives, many 100 year olds. They all eat lots of carbs, whole grains, beans etc.

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7995704
11/16/23 07:54 AM
11/16/23 07:54 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
if i eat grain my blood sugar skyrockets. i would like to die with my feet still attached.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: mskrtman] #7995708
11/16/23 08:01 AM
11/16/23 08:01 AM
west river rogue Offline
trapper
trapper

Originally Posted by mskrtman
You guys seem to have success with the low carb diet. I'd be worried about the long term effects. There are places on earth where people live long lives, many 100 year olds. They all eat lots of carbs, whole grains, beans etc.

longest lives were traditionally in Okinawa and S.e. Asia....no real grains until recent yrs with the exception of rice. The rice consumption is offset there by the lack of other carbs and alot of exercise in daily life. As the increase in western foods became common,...longevity has dropped.

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Providence Farm] #7995859
11/16/23 11:25 AM
11/16/23 11:25 AM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Diggerman -

Carrageenan in almond milk is a Polysaccharidsle and it helps store sugars in your body. Helps with getting cancer and diabetes. Basically it's not good for you.

Didn't know that about Almond milk...Thanks for the info!

Member - FTA
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7995894
11/16/23 12:38 PM
11/16/23 12:38 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
What’s this A1C business. Can you check it at home?

Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7995903
11/16/23 12:49 PM
11/16/23 12:49 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Not sure about a home test it’s a blood draw at the Dr. Office that goes through the lab to get results. If I have it right the results cover your last 3 months to get the A1C number.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7995928
11/16/23 01:37 PM
11/16/23 01:37 PM
Vernal, Utah, USA
Dan Barnhurst Offline
trapper
Dan Barnhurst  Offline
trapper

Vernal, Utah, USA
At my yearly checkup in February my A1C was 9.1. Diabetic.

I got on the web and researched how to reverse it. Found out my diet with lots of potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, sweets (simple carbs) was the reason. That and diet sodas. When those hit your stomach your body pumps out insulin. Your cells are overwhelmed with the cumulative effect of insulin overloading and you become insulin resistant - diabetic. And the diet drinks are the worst because your gut tastes the sweet and pumps out insulin with no real glucose to process = accelerated insulin overloading and insulin resistance.

My doc put me on metformin. I stopped the diet drinks and virtually all simple carbs. I eat eggs, fish, chicken, game meats, fresh vegetables and fruits. Always make sure you mix protein with the complex carbs - fruits and vegetables (to dampen the blood sugar spikes). Like a sliced apple with peanut butter (non sugar) for lunch. Have a few nuts or cheese or jerky to add protien when you eat complex carb food. Chia seeds (3 T / pint) soaked in coconut almond milk (lactose intolerant) with a handful of blueberries mixid in is my on the road or fishing lunch. Two or three spoonfuls of coconut oil a day for cooking is healthy. Cinnamon , chromium picholinate capsule with every meal. And exercise.

Three months of that with the metformin my A1C was 5.8 - normal. I had lost twenty pounds, arthuritus was less and I had to cut my blood pressure meds way down. I told my doc I wanted to try it without metformin. He din't like it, but said try it and see me in three months. After three months my A1C was 6.1. The doc said just keep doing what your doin.

I admit to occasional cheating with a bit of dessert at a family gathering or whatnot once in a while. I use sugar free maple syrup on my oatmeal (with nuts). I use monkfruit / erithritol sweeters in recepes for treats. Nothing with ASPARTAME. But I feel much more healthy and can and will keep doing it for the long haul.

The american diet with all the simple carbs at the bottom of the food pyramid has caused our obesity and diabetes epidemic. But we can reverse it.

Sneak the pan under his paw!
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: danny clifton] #7995932
11/16/23 01:42 PM
11/16/23 01:42 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by danny clifton
no grain no potato's no sugar. its not hard. its either that or you start taking pills and shots

But those are my 3 favorite food groups, lol.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Dan Barnhurst] #7995982
11/16/23 04:24 PM
11/16/23 04:24 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Dan Barnhurst
At my yearly checkup in February my A1C was 9.1. Diabetic.

I got on the web and researched how to reverse it. Found out my diet with lots of potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, sweets (simple carbs) was the reason. That and diet sodas. When those hit your stomach your body pumps out insulin. Your cells are overwhelmed with the cumulative effect of insulin overloading and you become insulin resistant - diabetic. And the diet drinks are the worst because your gut tastes the sweet and pumps out insulin with no real glucose to process = accelerated insulin overloading and insulin resistance.

My doc put me on metformin. I stopped the diet drinks and virtually all simple carbs. I eat eggs, fish, chicken, game meats, fresh vegetables and fruits. Always make sure you mix protein with the complex carbs - fruits and vegetables (to dampen the blood sugar spikes). Like a sliced apple with peanut butter (non sugar) for lunch. Have a few nuts or cheese or jerky to add protien when you eat complex carb food. Chia seeds (3 T / pint) soaked in coconut almond milk (lactose intolerant) with a handful of blueberries mixid in is my on the road or fishing lunch. Two or three spoonfuls of coconut oil a day for cooking is healthy. Cinnamon , chromium picholinate capsule with every meal. And exercise.

Three months of that with the metformin my A1C was 5.8 - normal. I had lost twenty pounds, arthuritus was less and I had to cut my blood pressure meds way down. I told my doc I wanted to try it without metformin. He din't like it, but said try it and see me in three months. After three months my A1C was 6.1. The doc said just keep doing what your doin.

I admit to occasional cheating with a bit of dessert at a family gathering or whatnot once in a while. I use sugar free maple syrup on my oatmeal (with nuts). I use monkfruit / erithritol sweeters in recepes for treats. Nothing with ASPARTAME. But I feel much more healthy and can and will keep doing it for the long haul.

The american diet with all the simple carbs at the bottom of the food pyramid has caused our obesity and diabetes epidemic. But we can reverse it.

You might want to rethink your use of Erythritol. According to a study, Mayo Clinic says regular use of this as a sugar substitute has been know to cause cardiac problems and even stroke. A better substitute would be Stevia, a natural sweetener.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Mando] #7996054
11/16/23 06:22 PM
11/16/23 06:22 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Liquid Stevia is the best the crystal like sugar looking Stevia has added Erythritol to get to that sugar like consistency to it. Lots of sugars out there with different names that spike your levels.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Eat clean and get off meds [Re: Trapset] #7996084
11/16/23 07:12 PM
11/16/23 07:12 PM
west river rogue Offline
trapper
trapper

Originally Posted by Trapset
What’s this A1C business. Can you check it at home?

Yes if u keep your stats for 3 months

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread