No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995643
11/16/23 01:41 AM
11/16/23 01:41 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Difference submit yourself, Christ submitted to a false arrest accusation and crucifixion He did not confirm Pilate's statement, are you the king of the jews.

Daniel submitted himself to the lion's den he did not pray to Darius.

As did the three children.

Esther submitted herself to the law that she would be killed for approaching Xerxes but did it anyway. BTW all this brought on by her uncle Mordecai refusing to bow to the king.

Jochebed and the midwives submitted themselves to slavery for another 80 years and apparently did not kill off the generation of Joshua as there was a younger male generation during the exodus.

[Linked Image]
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995645
11/16/23 01:44 AM
11/16/23 01:44 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Yes, all of those people obeyed the authorities.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995647
11/16/23 01:50 AM
11/16/23 01:50 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Twist 'n turn

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995662
11/16/23 05:15 AM
11/16/23 05:15 AM
New York ,Adirondack mts.
M
mole Offline
"The Tman morning greeter"
mole  Offline
"The Tman morning greeter"
M

New York ,Adirondack mts.
I was told that the Masons would allow a Catholic to join but the church said that Catholics could not belong to a secret society.
The Catholics have their own Group called the Knights of Columbus . why this is allowed I do not know.

Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: waggler] #7995673
11/16/23 06:21 AM
11/16/23 06:21 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by waggler
I don't need a pope to inform me that a particular belief system is wrong. But any religion like Free Masonry or that big one in Salt Lake, who keep secrets about what they believe, and won't reveal their beliefs until you are deep into it, are obviously antithetical to truth and light.

Apparently the RC Church gave the Free Masons the thumbs down way back in the 1700's. So nothing new in that regard.
Some might find this interesting.
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/the-faqs-is-freemasonry-compatible-with-christianity/

Found this on a Maryland Lodge website.

Masonic Creed
I, as a FREEMASON, believe in the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man. I will do unto others as I would have them do unto me.
I pledge my loyalty to the Government of the United States of America, a Government of the people, by the people, and for the people, and will not countenance disloyalty on the part of others.

Freemasonry is founded upon these principles and I will use my utmost effort to preserve them for posterity.

Doesn’t seem like a bad secret to me.

-Goofy-
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: James] #7995675
11/16/23 06:23 AM
11/16/23 06:23 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by James
Incidentally, I did trap from my freshman year of high school to my start in law school, 1970-78. Helped pay undergraduate tuition by trapping. In law school I worked part-time to help pay tuition, and had no time for a trapline. In law practice, I also didn't have time. As you know, trapping requires a lot more commitment than a hunting or fishing trip.

After I became the boss of my own schedule, I trapped in Alaska from 2000-2013, when health issues put an end to my trapping days. I came to this forum in January 2001 to learn more about trapping. And I have.

I hope my trapping credentials are acceptable to you.

Jim

Very telling, thank you for providing the info.

-Goofy-
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995681
11/16/23 06:44 AM
11/16/23 06:44 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax[b] to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”

And they were amazed at him.

pretty simple to me. pay your taxes.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience

pretty simple also. comply with government authorities and edicts.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995682
11/16/23 06:50 AM
11/16/23 06:50 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
FWIW the whole oath of secrecy is why I never became a freemason.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995684
11/16/23 06:58 AM
11/16/23 06:58 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

God is the ultimate authority. If a person rebels against an earthly authority whose edicts are against the ultimate authority of God, it would be proper to rebel/not comply with said earthly authority. Don't bow to Baal!
I think Paul in Romans was trying to make the point of not being a rabble rouser.

Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995691
11/16/23 07:19 AM
11/16/23 07:19 AM
mt
I
insanelupus Offline
trapper
insanelupus  Offline
trapper
I

mt

It's no accident the Declaration speaks of a "Creator," and that neither "God" nor "Creator" appear in the Constitution.

Jim

In Article VII, the Constitution states:

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the twelfth….

I dont wish to argue or belabor your point, but as a measure of ensuring facts aren't overlooked, this is a reference to Christ in the US Constitution. One may argue it was placed out of tradition, or even that the original drafts did not contain it, but to state that the Creator or God is not mentioned is not correct (unless one denies Christ the Son as part of the trinitatarian nature of God as well as New Testament statements of Christ and His role in creation, if so, then it may be a moot point for those folks).

Regardless, the officially recognized final draft does directly refer to our Lord, Jesus Christ.

"My feeling is this, give him plenty of time, plenty of birds, and a little direction, and he'll hunt his heart out for me. That's all I ask."
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995702
11/16/23 07:50 AM
11/16/23 07:50 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I believe that that the religious views of men who created our country were as diverse as the people governing it today.

Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: James] #7995706
11/16/23 07:59 AM
11/16/23 07:59 AM
Southaest Kansas
C
Coyote Clayton Offline
trapper
Coyote Clayton  Offline
trapper
C

Southaest Kansas
Incidentally, I did trap from my freshman year of high school to my start in law school, 1970-78. Helped pay undergraduate tuition by trapping. In law school I worked part-time to help pay tuition, and had no time for a trapline. In law practice, I also didn't have time. As you know, trapping requires a lot more commitment than a hunting or fishing trip.

After I became the boss of my own schedule, I trapped in Alaska from 2000-2013, when health issues put an end to my trapping days. I came to this forum in January 2001 to learn more about trapping. And I have.

I hope my trapping credentials are acceptable to you.

Jim

I enjoy your posts and presence here. Thank you for being here.

Praise the Lord and Pass the ammunition.
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: danny clifton] #7995707
11/16/23 08:00 AM
11/16/23 08:00 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I believe that that the religious views of men who created our country were as diverse as the people governing it today.

Agreed. Including those that had no religion at all.

Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7995753
11/16/23 09:00 AM
11/16/23 09:00 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota

Found this on a Maryland Lodge website.

Masonic Creed
I, as a FREEMASON, believe in the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man. I will do unto others as I would have them do unto me.
I pledge my loyalty to the Government of the United States of America, a Government of the people, by the people, and for the people, and will not countenance disloyalty on the part of others.

Freemasonry is founded upon these principles and I will use my utmost effort to preserve them for posterity.

[/quote]
True

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995757
11/16/23 09:02 AM
11/16/23 09:02 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota

Found this on a Maryland Lodge website.( Hobbie ^^^^^

Masonic Creed

[/quote]
True Hobbie ^^^^^^

Last edited by 330-Trapper; 11/16/23 09:03 AM.

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995772
11/16/23 09:23 AM
11/16/23 09:23 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Freemasonry was also outlawed in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Interesting company the Catholic Church keeps.

The simple truth is throughout history Freemasonry has come under restriction by governments that are authoritarian over the issue of secrecy and brotherhood.

For the record I am not a member of a lodge but I am the son and grandson of freemasons as far back as I can trace. My father went inactive over a dispute within his lodge over allowing a known drunk and wife beater be allowed to join. He was in opposition. Likewise I have seen disreputable men accepted in local lodges, including dad's brother who will die alone and unacknowledged.

[Linked Image]
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995781
11/16/23 09:31 AM
11/16/23 09:31 AM
Northern KY
H
huntcook Offline
trapper
huntcook  Offline
trapper
H

Northern KY
I have not read all the post that has been made but as being a FREE MASON for over 55 years I do know I love God the maker of ALL things My Family and my Country and I have several Catholic friends.

Government making sin legal does not make it right.
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: warrior] #7995785
11/16/23 09:35 AM
11/16/23 09:35 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by warrior
Freemasonry was also outlawed in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Interesting company the Catholic Church keeps.

The simple truth is throughout history Freemasonry has come under restriction by governments that are authoritarian over the issue of secrecy and brotherhood.

For the record I am not a member of a lodge but I am the son and grandson of freemasons as far back as I can trace. My father went inactive over a dispute within his lodge over allowing a known drunk and wife beater be allowed to join. He was in opposition. Likewise I have seen disreputable men accepted in local lodges, including dad's brother who will die alone and unacknowledged.

His lack of attendance permitted that individual in.

-Goofy-
Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7995804
11/16/23 10:00 AM
11/16/23 10:00 AM
Kenya
M
Martin70 Offline
trapper
Martin70  Offline
trapper
M

Kenya
The supreme authority in our constitutional republic is the constitution, not Joe Biden. If you are a law abiding citizen, submitted to the supreme law of the land, you will disobey the unconstitutional decrees of government bureaucrats.

Re: Catholics not allowed to be a Freemason [Re: warrior] #7995806
11/16/23 10:01 AM
11/16/23 10:01 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by warrior

Wow

NRA and NTA Life Member

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread