No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Re: Israel War [Re: hippie] #7977122
10/22/23 03:52 PM
10/22/23 03:52 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by hippie
You Bible thumpers need to write a page about how all that scripture is going to fix what's happening now.

Even us non-bible thumpers can't fix this problem created by a bunch of zealots. When you inherit a problem created by poor decisions, is it even our responsibility to try to fix stupid?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Israel War [Re: hippie] #7977124
10/22/23 04:03 PM
10/22/23 04:03 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
You Bible thumpers need to write a page about how all that scripture is going to fix what's happening now.

For real. And it won't.

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977126
10/22/23 04:08 PM
10/22/23 04:08 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by warrior
[BTW, are you aware that James the First of England and Fifth of Scotland put his thumb on the scales regarding the usage of certain words in the Authorized Edition? Or the the Authorized Edition was intended to be the only legal version in Great Britian? Or the James himself was shall we say overly fond of men.

So who is placing his faith in man here?

David, James called for the extirpation of the MacLeod's in 1598. He gave permission to the Gentleman Adventurers of Fife to civilize and colonize the "most barbarous Isle of Lewis". Neil MacLeod and Murdoch stopped the first wave of colonizers before the next two waves met with more success. I always figured this was why you don't like Stuarts.

James also killed a good number of Stuarts, who were cousins of his.

Keith

Re: Israel War [Re: KeithC] #7977130
10/22/23 04:17 PM
10/22/23 04:17 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by KeithC
[BTW, are you aware that James the First of England and Fifth of Scotland put his thumb on the scales regarding the usage of certain words in the Authorized Edition? Or the the Authorized Edition was intended to be the only legal version in Great Britian? Or the James himself was shall we say overly fond of men.

So who is placing his faith in man here?

David, James called for the extirpation of the MacLeod's in 1598. He gave permission to the Gentleman Adventurers of Fife to civilize and colonize the "most barbarous Isle of Lewis". Neil MacLeod and Murdoch stopped the first wave of colonizers before the next two waves met with more success. I always figured this was why you don't like Stuarts.

James also killed a good number of Stuarts, who were cousins of his.

Keith

I'm well aware of it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Israel War [Re: warrior] #7977136
10/22/23 04:30 PM
10/22/23 04:30 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I'm well aware of it.

I thought so. You have a very good knowledge of History.

The leading cause of death for my many great grandfathers in England, Scotland and Ireland was my other many great grandfathers and all their cousins, who were cousins every way possible. They were not shy about marrying close. Even half siblings for the royals. I'm lucky there wasn't any albinos or many other negative recessive genes in those royal families.

The sordid history from that part of North West Europe is very interesting, especially when most of the figures are grandparents of yours.

Keith

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977138
10/22/23 04:37 PM
10/22/23 04:37 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Reverend Jim Jones studied the Bible and had things figured out....as well as David Koresh. Every man interprets the Bible differently which is why there are 234 different religions and they can all show you scripture to prove they are right.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Israel War [Re: Gary Benson] #7977149
10/22/23 04:49 PM
10/22/23 04:49 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Reverend Jim Jones studied the Bible and had things figured out....as well as David Koresh. Every man interprets the Bible differently which is why there are 234 different religions and they can all show you scripture to prove they are right.

A Relationship With God is Not what they had...

They formed power hungry Cults

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Israel War [Re: 330-Trapper] #7977154
10/22/23 04:54 PM
10/22/23 04:54 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Gary Benson

A Relationship With God is Not what they had...

They formed power hungry Cults

Once a power hungry cult gets a large enough number of members, it becomes a religion.

Keith

Re: Israel War [Re: Dirt] #7977155
10/22/23 04:55 PM
10/22/23 04:55 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Online content
trapper
Guss  Online Content
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Dirt

Even us non-bible thumpers can't fix this problem created by a bunch of zealots. When you inherit a problem created by poor decisions, is it even our responsibility to try to fix stupid?

It going to be fixed when Jesus Christ comes back - read the whole book of Revelation.

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977158
10/22/23 04:57 PM
10/22/23 04:57 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
And as you see these two fight over scripture just change it to Muslim and Jew and that's what is going on over there. I'm right no I'm right and on and on we go century after century.

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977162
10/22/23 05:07 PM
10/22/23 05:07 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Ken and Warrior, do you both study the original King James version or another? And why?

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977163
10/22/23 05:08 PM
10/22/23 05:08 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I'll simplify the god thing a little. If it is all seeing and all mighty, Said god is ok with babies being beheaded and burnt alive. In that case your god is the nastiest POS around.
If God is not ok with the above, then the all mighty goes out the window.

Don't bother answering ... I have figured it out a long time ago for myself ...... FOR MYSELF .... means that i don't give a hoot what ya'll believe in and I am sure that for each and every one of you , the one you believe in is the right one for you.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977189
10/22/23 05:50 PM
10/22/23 05:50 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I suspect you and I have reached the same conclusion Scuba.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977200
10/22/23 06:08 PM
10/22/23 06:08 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Gary I study the authorized version of the bible which is commonly called the King James.

The reason is because the KJV is the only bible that was translated from the Textus Receptus one character at a time
The panel of 54 scholars from all walks of faith and religion that actually knew the languages in the original manuscripts. These men had to all agree together on the translation of the character before they could move on.

When compared to the modern translations (NIV, ESV, NKJV, NWT etc) we can see a clear difference. All of the Bibles named contradict themselves at points, and remove scripture also adding words that are not present in the KJV.

Everyone who holds to a certain bible version believes theirs is right. But everyone can't be right so it is what it is.

I'll give two examples that will highlight why I stay away from modern versions completely, but I also am against commentaries, study Bibles, and Wrong's concordance.

In the KJV we learn the name of Satan because of one verse Isaiah 14:12

Isaiah 14:12 KJV
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Notice Lucifer is called the (s)on of the morning
Now read the same verse from the NIV

Isaiah 14:12 NIV
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

At first glance this might not seem like a big difference but if you know the bible a little bit it becomes blasphemous in a hurry. First off they never said the name of Lucifer. So the NIV removes the name of Satan. It is at no point in their bible anywhere, and secondly it calls Lucifer the "morning star" this is where it gets blasphemous. In the KJV the bible says Lucifer is a son of the morning.
And also in the KJV Jesus calls himself the "bright and morning star" in Revelation 22.

Revelation 22:16 KJV
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

So what does the NIV say in Revelation 22??

Revelation 22:16 NIV
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

So this "bible" calls Jesus the devil or confuses the two in such a way to lead people to believe that Lucifer is the morning star. He is not

And before you start to think "oh people won't get the two confused" and just dismiss it let me show you a screenshot from the popular website bible gateway. When researching this verse it will pull up all the translations at once so you can compare. It also will pull up relative information like a study bible would. Look at what verse they reference for the term Lucifer...

[Linked Image]

They literally reference Revelation 22:16 for Lucifer when it is clearly Jesus speaking.

Wild right?

So then Revelation 22:18-19 in the NIV changes some things that change the understating of bible translations as a whole, but they didn't come up with it themselves they copied it from someone else.

Here is the verse in the KJV

Revelation 22:18-19 KJV
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

This verse is super important it's the last warning in the bible from God. It is one of the most important warnings in the history of the planet and should have never been tampered with.

The verse deals with people adding to scripture and taking away from scripture and what the punishment for these things is.

To add to the scripture these folks will receive the plagues written about

But to take away from scripture then that person has their place taken out of the Book of Life. Which means they lose all hope of salvation and will die a reprobate that will burn in H3|| for eternity

So what does the NIV say?

Revelation 22:16 NIV
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

Notice that the punishment of losing your part of our the book of life which is a death sentence is replaced with the term "Tree of Life" which means your what kicked out of the garden, yeah that's long over with.

The new versions change this verse because they are all guilty of removing scripture from the Word of God in English the KJV.

But where did it come from?

This is the same verse from the Darby Translation from the 1800's arguably the first modern bible translation and it just so Happens that John Nelson Darby is the father of modern Dispensationalism

What's his version say?

Revelation 22:18-19 Darby
18 *I* testify to every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any one shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues which are written in this book.

19 And if any one take from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

So if the actual bible says that person who removes scriptures will lose their part in the "Book of Life" But all of the versions of the Bibles that change and remove scriptures change that verse because they are removing entire scriptures and doctrines from the Word of God, then what happens to the folks (i.e. John Nelson Darby) when they actually remove scriptures as he did, and so many others after him did?

Well I believe the Bible says they will lose their place in the Book of Life therefore they will burn in H3|| for eternity.

Therefore John Nelson Darby is a reprobate who blasphemed Christ in many of his writings and is burning for eternity due to his abomination he calls a bible version. The first new version of the bible I might add.

So his wicked false doctrine of dispensationalism should go with him. I wished it had

Last edited by Ken Smith; 10/22/23 06:15 PM.

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977203
10/22/23 06:09 PM
10/22/23 06:09 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Psalm 14:1 KJV
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977207
10/22/23 06:18 PM
10/22/23 06:18 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
IF there really is a god I sincerely hope he is not really an evil sadist

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977221
10/22/23 06:33 PM
10/22/23 06:33 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Some of you who claim to be all about freedom, sure seem to want Someone to tell everyone every move they can and can not do.

Re: Israel War [Re: James] #7977230
10/22/23 06:41 PM
10/22/23 06:41 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by James
You're not pulling my leg are you, Carl?

Most of the time I can figure out why someone got wrapped around the axle, but your last two posts are a mystery.

My initial post, the one that offended you, was innocuous. Completely non-controversial, I thought when I made it.

Jim

Hoss, you crossed the line when you impugned the integrity of Delta Forces personnel. You cannot wiggle your way out of that.
I don't believe that the use of the phrase, "Just bite me", is allowed on this family friendly site, but if it were, I would use it right about now.

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977234
10/22/23 06:45 PM
10/22/23 06:45 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I definitely believe in a Creator by any name, but then man got involved and started changing the script to suit themselves. I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 10/22/23 06:45 PM.

Re: Israel War [Re: 52Carl] #7977237
10/22/23 06:48 PM
10/22/23 06:48 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Originally Posted by James
You're not pulling my leg are you, Carl?

Most of the time I can figure out why someone got wrapped around the axle, but your last two posts are a mystery.

My initial post, the one that offended you, was innocuous. Completely non-controversial, I thought when I made it.

Jim

Hoss, you crossed the line when you impugned the integrity of Delta Forces personnel. You cannot wiggle your way out of that.
I don't believe that the use of the phrase, "Just bite me", is allowed on this family friendly site, but if it were, I would use it right about now.

Go ahead! Hal has got away with worse. You can even call him a suckhole.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread