No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: Israel War [Re: warrior] #7977041
10/22/23 12:26 PM
10/22/23 12:26 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by warrior
If I've misread you and falsely assumed the worst with the use of antisemitism then I apologize. Maybe it's just the arrogance we are all prone to knowing God has chosen to act on our behalf and not others.

It's called boldness as in being bold as a lion.

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977042
10/22/23 12:30 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Waggler God clear says in Hebrews 8:9 that he regarded them not

And yes anyone who chooses to believe on Christ will be saved. Jew or gentile

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: danny clifton] #7977043
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Looks like some strikes were done in Syria.

By what team ?? Its not easy picking things apart as to who is on what side these days

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Israel War [Re: danny clifton] #7977044
10/22/23 12:31 PM
10/22/23 12:31 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.

The Kurds and Israel are allies and will likely work together some in Syria, especially with the Kurds gathering intelligence on where to strike.

Keith

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977048
10/22/23 12:33 PM
10/22/23 12:33 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
We are all on the same team, religion just causes infighting because people choose to believe men rather than God.

Salvation has always been the same. The covenant was about how God deals with those who believe on him it has nothing to do with how you're saved. Abraham was saved by believing, just as David, Elijah, John the Baptist, and Saul of Tarsus, and me for that matter

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: KeithC] #7977054
10/22/23 12:45 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by KeithC

The Kurds and Israel are allies and will likely work together some in Syria, especially with the Kurds gathering intelligence on where to strike.

Keith

This will bring Iran and Russia into the mix.

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977055
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
U.S. and Israel both is what the talking heads are saying. Google strikes in syria

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977059
10/22/23 12:56 PM
10/22/23 12:56 PM
alberta
S
spjones Offline
trapper
spjones  Offline
trapper
S

alberta
Excellent 20 min discussion on how this current conflict affects world oil markets

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977067
10/22/23 01:15 PM
10/22/23 01:15 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"Two thousand years ago, Jews were divided between competing sects all based on the Jewish scriptures, but with different interpretations."

Sounds familiar. smile

"The first Zionists were mostly secular Jews from Eastern Europe. Inspired by nationalist movements around them, they claimed that Jews constituted a modern nation, rather than just a religion. Traditions and prayers connected to the land – often reinterpreted through a secular, nationalist lens – became all-important for Zionists, while many other rituals and traditions were abandoned.

Most Jews opposed Zionism for decades. Reform Jews and even some early Orthodox Jews worried that defining Jews as a “nation” would undermine their claim to equal citizenship in other countries. Orthodox Jews, meanwhile, opposed Zionists’ staunch secularism and emphasized that Jews must wait for the Messiah to lead them back to the land of Israel.

Within a decade or two of Israel’s establishment as a modern state, however, most Jewish denominations integrated Zionism into their worldview. Still, most ultra-Orthodox Jews today continue to oppose Zionist ideology, even as they hold right-wing political views on Israel. Young liberal Jews, too, are increasingly emphasizing the distinction between Zionism and their own Jewish identity."

Source: The Conversation

Last edited by Dirt; 10/22/23 01:21 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977080
10/22/23 02:05 PM
10/22/23 02:05 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Ken Smith

I've avoided replying as a means of not calling out what I see as a thinly disguised version of antisemitism with a smear of misapplied scripture over it.

Yes, God has a special relationship with those of us under the new covenant of Christ but that in no way abrogated those prior covenants made by God of His own purposes nor is our place to question or alter those covenants.

Here is a good article that describes it better than I can.

https://renew.org/does-god-still-have-a-plan-for-israel/

Of the many scriptural references in the article this first one sums it up pretty well with Paul's passage from the Letter to the Roman's.

“As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.” (Rom. 11:28-29)

Note the word irrevocable. Please read the article and understand that while Israel may have indeed rejected their Messiah that is not cause for us to hate them or bear any sort of hostility towards those who in essence are our elder siblings. We are instead to love them as children of the same Father and pray for their redemption. A redemption that our Father has said will come in the completion of His time.

First of all this is what the bible actually says...
Romans 11:28-29 KJV
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. [29] For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

I don't need to read some man's article on what the bible means. This is where we have a clear disconnect that you can't seem to shake off or understand. It's called cognitive dissonance. You believe the lies of dispensationalism because men taught them to you. I believe the Bible because it destroys the lies of dispensationalism. We are not the same.

As to the covenant I wonder what your dispensationalism will have to say about this...

Hebrews 8:6-13 KJV
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
[7] For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
[8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
[9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
[12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
[13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

This means that all dispensationalism is horsefeathers.
This means that the old covenant has been done away with. That everyone who is part of the new covenant which includes the house of Israel and Judah (Jews) this covenant isn't about salvation it's about how God deals with us as sinners. In verse 12 he says he will be Merciful to their unrighteousness and their sins will he remember no more. Praise God for that. You and I along with the Jews are under the exact same covenant, because the verse 13 clearly says that the new covenant has made the first old, which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

So that ends the entire dispensational argument in one chapter. I can go on for days by the way. If you read my post on page 2 it will cover much more.

Men don't understand this because they are trusting in the wrong thing for salvation. One of the best ways to pervert the gospel to a man is to make him believe there is a separate gospel/covenant/salvation for different people. Then they can't believe the one true gospel of faith alone on Jesus Christ because they have been perverted into believing in multiple gospels.

See everyone who claimed to be part of a special old covenant can't seem to see or understand that clear scripture that refutes this. Why? Well it's explained by Paul in 2 Cor 3...

2 Corinthians 3:13-16 KJV
And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: [14] But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. [15] But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. [16] Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Notice how Paul clearly articulates that once those with a vail over their eyes turn to God, meaning believe on Jesus Christ that the vail will be lifted .

See the only way any Jew can be saved is to believe on Christ

It's the same across the board

So if you plan to use articles of other men's worldly dispensational wisdom to contend with the clear scripture of the word of God then don't bother in replying. The word of God will destroy everything the men you trust in can throw at it. And I have the Holy Spirit and will always be able to clearly articulate the argument needed to destroy it

Praise God!

At no time have I said Judaism is a path to salvation. Nor has God said so in His scripture, on the contrary the Messiah said, I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me.

How is it we both can read that passage in Hebrews and you fail to see it clearly in context with the rest of scripture? This is clearly speaking through the span of time and echos the prophecies of Ezekiel.

And coming back at me with KJV tells me even more of who and what you are.

I dearly love the KJV but I'm not so iconoclast to claim inerrancy in a translation versus inerrancy in the original text. Which is why we need to get deep into any translation we read and ferret out the original intent of the passage.

How many different translations do you have available? Concordance and commentary?

BTW, are you aware that James the First of England and Fifth of Scotland put his thumb on the scales regarding the usage of certain words in the Authorized Edition? Or the the Authorized Edition was intended to be the only legal version in Great Britian? Or the James himself was shall we say overly fond of men.

So who is placing his faith in man here?

[Linked Image]
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977092
10/22/23 02:38 PM
10/22/23 02:38 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
This thread turned into a bible study group lol. Tough to sift through to find anything about the war in Israel.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977097
10/22/23 02:49 PM
10/22/23 02:49 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
These are straw man arguments. You choose not to believe the clear scriptures in the bible and choose to attack me and James the first rather than defend your position

Like I said you need the Holy Spirit to understand scripture. You just don't understand

It's obvious cuz your responses are full of name calling and ridicule but completely void of scripture and wisdom

It is what it is bud. Let God be true but every man a liar. Think I read that somewhere lol

Last edited by Ken Smith; 10/22/23 02:56 PM.

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977100
10/22/23 02:55 PM
10/22/23 02:55 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
I'm watching Steve Lookner live on YouTube right now and he's showing the live airstrike footage. Some are starting to say that this is the air bombardment leading to ground invasion. We will see

This was predicted or scripted....

The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the 'agentur' of the 'Illuminati' between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion. We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.

-Albert Pike to Mazzini, August 15, 1871

Last edited by Ken Smith; 10/22/23 02:56 PM.

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977101
10/22/23 02:56 PM
10/22/23 02:56 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
The gnostic argument. Special understanding.

[Linked Image]
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977103
10/22/23 03:01 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
The gnostic argument. Special understanding.

That's cute. I hope to meet you face to face one day

John 16:13-14 KJV
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. [14] He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

1 John 2:27-29 KJV
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. [28] And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. [29] If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977104
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
It will be a great conversation

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977107
10/22/23 03:16 PM
10/22/23 03:16 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
You Bible thumpers need to write a page about how all that scripture is going to fix what's happening now.

Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977115
10/22/23 03:37 PM
10/22/23 03:37 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
LOL hippie

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977116
10/22/23 03:38 PM
10/22/23 03:38 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Unfortunately we can't fix it while the world fights. See the folks who enacted Albert Pikes plan which came from a letter he wrote in 1871 have infiltrated all religions. The infighting is exactly what they need to succeed

The best path forward is the gospel of Jesus Christ

Other than that we need to be vigilant and guard ourselves from what is coming, because it will come home and it will be our children and loved ones that suffer in the manner the folks in the middle east are now. It's part of the plan and just a matter of time

The bible stuff is relevant as you can see in the letter I posted above. All of this dispensationalists theology was purposely put into churches to make them support some other wicked nation to the destruction of themselves

This war is t about Israel the nation or the Jewish people. This war is about destroying Christianity in the west by collapsing the well built western nations and turning the world against Christianity once this initial event in Israel takes place. By initial event I mean the destruction of Israel by Muslim nations.

The goal is to force the world to see how horrendous this atrocity is so they turn on the west. And considering how things have gone the last 20 years it's a perfect time for the east to take control. If Biden's ability to speak and act presidential is the gauge for the perceived power of the west then the west is dead in the water.

The west is a stepping stone to destroying Christianity and creating a one world govt. With 10 kingdoms lead my 10 kings that will eventually be handed over to the antichrist

It's all very relevant and understanding where this originates is important to being able to protect one's self

The prudent man foreseeth the evil and hideth himself, but the simple pass on and are punished

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Israel War [Re: adam m] #7977117
10/22/23 03:41 PM
10/22/23 03:41 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Hippie,

We are all just speculating based on our understanding of scripture in light of the current world conditions; and that can change.

I think it's sort of fun trying to figure it all out, but I'm fairly confident that anyone who thinks they can explain it all accurately will end up with some degree of egg on their face.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread