No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Marty] #7957775
09/24/23 11:45 PM
09/24/23 11:45 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I guess there are dozens of ways to eat healthy!

Bryce

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: bblwi] #7957787
09/25/23 12:37 AM
09/25/23 12:37 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by bblwi
I guess there are dozens of ways to eat healthy!

Bryce

People have added issues so they have different diets and goals that require a different meal plan. I know people that take their meds and don’t even try to eat right it drive me crazy because it people I care about but it’s their call.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957809
09/25/23 03:35 AM
09/25/23 03:35 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Thats True. Most doctors are modern day drug pushers working for big Pharma. They will put you on HBP meds without telling you that you need to change your diet. Statins are a total scam.

They dont want you to get healthy. Thay say eat brown rice, oatmeal, and whole grains is "heart healthy", that's total nonsense. Its full of carbs.

In a nutshell...when you eat sugar, it turns into sugar in your body. When you eat carbs it also turns into sugar in your body. Your body will do one of two things with it. Store it as fat or burn it as energy. If you can burn the carbs you eat everyday, then its no problem. If you have excess it stores it as fat in your body and when it runs out of room in your muscles, it stores the fat in your liver and arteries and other bad places. When a piece of that calcified fat breaks off inside your arteries and blocks the blood flow to your heart, that's a heart attack. It can go to the brain and cause stroke.

And all those problems, (and more) are actually symptom's that come with diabetes from eating too many carbs.

Diabetes is a circulatory disease. it causes your capillaries or smallest veins like in your eyes and fingers and toes to calcify causing your feet and fingers to go numb and cause blindness, and organ failure and other bad things.

But its really not that hard to get healthy if you want too. Just watch what you eat and drink. Pretty simple really. Most doctors are not nutritionist. They were told the same food pyramid lies like we all were.

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957880
09/25/23 08:11 AM
09/25/23 08:11 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Some nutrients are essential, meaning your body can't produce them on it's own, and can't convert them from other things you eat. For example-your body can't produce b12-you have to eat it. Your body needs vitamin A, but it can convert beta carotene into vitamin A. (this is how vegans get vitamin A, since vitamin A only comes from animal sources).

There are essential fatty acids (from fats), and essential amino acids (from proteins). But, importantly, there are no essential carbs. A person could never eat a carb in their lifetime and be just fine.

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957888
09/25/23 08:30 AM
09/25/23 08:30 AM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
This works for me! I have been eating Oatmeal for over 1 year . It's keep my weight in the 170s and I still can fit in a size 33 waist or 34. I eat plain Oatmeal with honey,flax,chia,hemp seeds and alittle cinnamon to give it some flavor.

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957893
09/25/23 08:37 AM
09/25/23 08:37 AM
Washington
J
Jingles Offline
trapper
Jingles  Offline
trapper
J

Washington
With the way I'm loosing weight and inches makes no difference what I eat if it sounds good and is available chow down

The job of a Patriot is not to protect his country but to protect the people from the tryannical government
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957901
09/25/23 08:54 AM
09/25/23 08:54 AM
Williamsport, Pa.
J
jk Offline
trapper
jk  Offline
trapper
J

Williamsport, Pa.
Make sure your weight loss is because of something you did or didn't do. It can be a sign of problems if there is no cause for it......jk

Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free. What's supposed to be ain't always is. Hopper Hunter
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957917
09/25/23 09:20 AM
09/25/23 09:20 AM
Wilmington, NC
Tim H. Offline
trapper
Tim H.  Offline
trapper

Wilmington, NC
Hey Mando! I've never done it for weight loss, just weight gain as a lifter. It definitely helps my performance go up when I track it better. I use the Macrofactor app, it had a little bit of a learning curve depending on how tech savvy you are and it's a little pricey but it supports strongerbyscience.com, which is a blog I'm a big fan of so I consider it worth it. Myfitnesspal is a cheaper option.
You can track your macros and still have an unhealthy diet though! I'm no nutritionist, but some of my usual goals are incorporating plant protein for the fiber, eating salmon for the omega whatevers, snacking on carrots, nuts, or something like that, and I add a handful of greens to every meal. Eating healthy isn't going to undo the damage of lack of sleep, exercise, or poor hydration, so just take care of that and you'll do great!
Good luck!

"The man who goes to sea for pleasure would go to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to pass the time!"
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: jk] #7957959
09/25/23 10:19 AM
09/25/23 10:19 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by jk
Make sure your weight loss is because of something you did or didn't do. It can be a sign of problems if there is no cause for it......jk

Went from 175 to 150 and it just happened that was a couple years ago then I dropped all sugar from my diet my weight stays at the 150 now . Spent a couple years with brain fog after stopping sugar abruptly it seemed like the top of my head was out of order it was crazy. Short term memory and ability to do simple math was a struggle then but those issues have gotten better.

Ran into a lady that had the same issues after Covid lost her job as an accountant with losing her math skills. She experienced light headed symptom for months also along with the short term memory and focus problems.

You guys are right you can eat what you want but only until it’s a problem then it’s too late often your life changes forever. I’m not saying go fart bag vegan just be a little smarter or smarter then I was. When I went in for my head issues, runny eyes and fatigue my A1C was 11.6 that’s crazy high. I’ll see where I’m at tomorrow I’ve been able to nearly cut that in half by ditching as much sugar as I can in my diet.

Jerry Herbst
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957984
09/25/23 11:16 AM
09/25/23 11:16 AM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Also vitamins I take vitamin C I get E fron wheat gearm.

Last edited by Guss; 09/25/23 11:17 AM.
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: yukonjeff] #7957986
09/25/23 11:18 AM
09/25/23 11:18 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Thats True. Most doctors are modern day drug pushers working for big Pharma. They will put you on HBP meds without telling you that you need to change your diet. Statins are a total scam.

They dont want you to get healthy. Thay say eat brown rice, oatmeal, and whole grains is "heart healthy", that's total nonsense. Its full of carbs.

In a nutshell...when you eat sugar, it turns into sugar in your body. When you eat carbs it also turns into sugar in your body. Your body will do one of two things with it. Store it as fat or burn it as energy. If you can burn the carbs you eat everyday, then its no problem. If you have excess it stores it as fat in your body and when it runs out of room in your muscles, it stores the fat in your liver and arteries and other bad places. When a piece of that calcified fat breaks off inside your arteries and blocks the blood flow to your heart, that's a heart attack. It can go to the brain and cause stroke.

And all those problems, (and more) are actually symptom's that come with diabetes from eating too many carbs.

Diabetes is a circulatory disease. it causes your capillaries or smallest veins like in your eyes and fingers and toes to calcify causing your feet and fingers to go numb and cause blindness, and organ failure and other bad things.

But its really not that hard to get healthy if you want too. Just watch what you eat and drink. Pretty simple really. Most doctors are not nutritionist. They were told the same food pyramid lies like we all were.

A lot of what you're saying is true. I went on the low carb high protein diet you're describing. You do lose weight. What you fail to mention is that this diet causes big time constipation. I have two friends who had the same problem. I tried everything to remedy the constipation, nothing seemed to work. I went back to eating grains and high fiber. A tablespoon of Extra Virgin oil before bedtime. A can of Coors Light per day helped, which is about 6 carbs. When I start to gain some of the weight I lost, I go back on a more modified low carb high protein diet.

I have stage 3 kidney disease. I have seen a nephrologist who said large amounts of protein is not good for someone with kidney disease. He recommended drinking lots of water and a low sodium intake. He didn't put me on any medication, as he felt if I followed his advice I wouldn't need meds. I did what he said and my creatinine levels are close to normal now.

IMO, your advice is good as long as constipation doesn't become a problem.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957993
09/25/23 11:32 AM
09/25/23 11:32 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
As a Diebetic I try to stay away from all of the Bad Carbs like Breads and Pasta. I even keep count on the Beans and Rice. It works.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Savell] #7957995
09/25/23 11:33 AM
09/25/23 11:33 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by Savell
.. this is an interesting post with the a1 sauce and castrol oil level talk… I’m 45 and never been to a doctor for anything other than a quick clinic to get antibiotics for infection

… my question is .. what’s the point? .. don’t they just find something wrong and put you on medicine no matter what?

45-50 are magical numbers

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7958006
09/25/23 11:55 AM
09/25/23 11:55 AM
PA
H
hickoryridge Offline
trapper
hickoryridge  Offline
trapper
H

PA
If it has ingredients you can't pronounce or don't know what it is then it's probably best to avoid . . real food doesn't have an ingredients list

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7958019
09/25/23 12:20 PM
09/25/23 12:20 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Here are the things I found editable over the last few year after a bunch of research that I do want to eat, that tree bark diet will only last so long before it fails for most. Like I say every good tasting food has fat, sugar or sodium. I thank God my cholesterol is within range and my blood pressures good.

My focus is less sugar as the main goal this will very from person to person I feel for you guys with less options to choose between I struggled to get where I’m at now.

Smuckers makes sugar free jellies and jams razz and strawberry are my favorites but their pancake syrup lacks any flavor, the generic stuff is way better.
Murray makes sugar free cookies chocolate chip and a shortbread types Menards sells them they are good.

Hershey, Werthers, York, Reese’s and Stovers all make tasty candies.

Fruit added to plain cereal works as a sweetener to me eating plain Cheerios is just sad.

Some questionable stuff I eat is Nilla Wafers, fig Newtons, low salt chips and peanut butter I’m not saying its the best but it’s better then scoops of sugar.

Stevia comes in regular and brown types of sugars it even comes in liquid form, if not for Stevia I might have been cheating with refined sugar in my coffee and go astray from there.

Just letting you know what’s out there we know food is a pleasure the last one in old age if you don’t believe that go to an assisted living facility and see them come to life at meal time. I’m a very picky eater so if I say it’s good others generally agree with that.

Jerry Herbst
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7958039
09/25/23 12:43 PM
09/25/23 12:43 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I get plenty of fiber, cabbage, radishes, green beans, asparagus, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, small amounts of carrots and sweet potato's, celery, nuts etc. Works for me anyway. Blood sugar gets up to about 120 tops. Usually around 105 now. go in for another A1c Oct 25. Doctor told me to go on a mediterranean diet. I do eat olives and use olive oil. Olive oil and wine vinegar for salad dressing. Fish when I go fishing. Don't like dry chicken breast. Tuna fish salad with mayonnaise and pieces of boiled eggs is good. My no grain no potato's no sugar has been working great. If she starts ragging me about eating red meat again I will tell her not to bring it up again I am not interested.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7958049
09/25/23 01:05 PM
09/25/23 01:05 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Fiber is not necessary. Ask anyone on a carnivore diet.

Vegies are overrated and not needed. Humans dont have a gut like a cow, or even a gorilla. We have a short digestive track, forward facing eyes and canine teeth. We are carnivores mainly.
As long as your eating fat with your meat, even if its a spoonfull of olive oil, will help with any constipation. I never have any constipation problems but I eat alot of meat and fish with fat. 

We really dont need a compost pile of vegies in our stomach causing us gas and inflammation as it ferments in our guts. Some veggies have natural insecticides in them that causes inflammation. Tomato skins come to mind.

Many of the vitamins are locked in vegies meaning we can not absorb them. Like spinach for instance, It has all that iron in it but we can only absorb 10%.

The same with vitimins and supplements. we cant absorb most of it, so its better to get it from real food. They promote vitamin C like we are all getting scurvy still. its a scam.
The only supplements I take are Vitimin D-3

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7958077
09/25/23 01:34 PM
09/25/23 01:34 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Our ancestors ate the whole animal including skin. Guts and organs, tongues and eyeballs. I think on an animal only diet you would need to consume those things too.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7958086
09/25/23 01:45 PM
09/25/23 01:45 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Water water and water it keeps the pipes flowing smoothly more then I ever thought. I do a cup of coffee 2X a day, why because it saves lives other peoples mostly if you’re a coffee drinker you understand. In the summer coffee and sugar free pops 1-2 a day. I have a large plastic cup 24 oz I’d guess if I put a 12oz can of pop over that cp full of ice I get my pop and ice water from the ice water for the next several hours.

Summer time hot days coffee 1 to 1 1/2 cups AM the 2 diet pops in the PM

Winter 1cup coffee AM and PM 1 pop PM

Jerry Herbst
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: danny clifton] #7958102
09/25/23 02:02 PM
09/25/23 02:02 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Our ancestors ate the whole animal including skin. Guts and organs, tongues and eyeballs. I think on an animal only diet you would need to consume those things too.

True they did eat the entire animal, but its not necessary as long as you eat some organ meats, Thats where the Vitamin C is in animal protein.

People suffering from diabetes or pre-diabetes are always thirsty, dry mouth continually and sucking ice cubes to hydrate themselves, they actually get over hydrated and the water is stored in the body like fat and in the blood. We all know what happens when you have too much hydraulic fluid in the tank the pressure goes way up and you start blowing hoses. Its the same with the water in your closed circulatory system = high blood pressure.

When a person quits eating carbs they rapidly lose weight, that was mostly water build up in their fat cells. Salt retains the water that's why they tell you to quit eating salt but the salt is not the problem. The carbs are doing it.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread