No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957023
09/23/23 10:03 PM
09/23/23 10:03 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Mando
Do you track your macros? I've been cutting way back on sugar and carbs. I haven't done any macro tracking but am considering.

Don't need to track anything. Drink lots of water; at least a gallon a day. Not tap water with fluoride in it; good well water. This is the healthiest thing you can do for your system.

Don't eat anything white, especially breads and pastas, whole wheat only, and don't drink anything you can't see through. Follow this, and I promise you will feel better and have way more energy.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957027
09/23/23 10:14 PM
09/23/23 10:14 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Online crying
"Wilbur"
Savell  Online Crying
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
^^^ so much for shiner bock … sacrilege

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Savell] #7957028
09/23/23 10:15 PM
09/23/23 10:15 PM
WI
M
Mando Offline OP
trapper
Mando  Offline OP
trapper
M

WI
Originally Posted by Savell
.. this is an interesting post with the a1 sauce and castrol oil level talk… I’m 45 and never been to a doctor for anything other than a quick clinic to get antibiotics for infection

… my question is .. what’s the point? .. don’t they just find something wrong and put you on medicine no matter what?

The point is weight loss. Everyone has a different metabolism as I'm sure you know. Keeping track of macros is just way to help manage your intake of the three and to manage optimal weight.

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957030
09/23/23 10:22 PM
St. Cloud, MN
trapperkeck Offline
trapper
trapperkeck  Offline
trapper

St. Cloud, MN
The key is......poop more oftener...

"The voice of reason!"
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957031
Coldspring Texas
Savell Online crying
"Wilbur"
Savell  Online Crying
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
…. Just drink beer … eat jerky and be active … shoot I should be a doctor lol

…edit (there’ll be a prayer request post for me before I hit 50 I imagine)

… but I ain’t going to no doctor

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957036
09/23/23 10:32 PM
09/23/23 10:32 PM
Wisconsin
A
Average Joe Offline
trapper
Average Joe  Offline
trapper
A

Wisconsin
You can shun modern medicine and avoid the doc because you are afraid of what they might find, or suggest, or afraid of needles, or whatever. But consider that they could save your life, and you aren’t required to get meds that they might suggest. Under most insurance programs, annual checkups are basically “free”. If not for yourself, do I for those you love and depend on you,

I’ve been sayin yes sir all day at work, I’ve been sayin yes ma’am at home…
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957041
09/23/23 10:42 PM
09/23/23 10:42 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I look forward to getting my results it’s a challenge to me to see where I’m at.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Savell] #7957055
09/23/23 11:18 PM
09/23/23 11:18 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
^^^ so much for shiner bock … sacrilege

As much as I love Texas Savell, Shiner bock is some of the nastiest stuff I've ever put in my mouth. I'm biased though because I've been drinking lonestar light and keystone light for 25 years.

If the goal is to lose weight Mando, water and lots of it is your best friend. Drink a gallon a day at least and lay off eating anything white (sugar, potatoes, pasta, white bread, etc). You'll lose wait slowly at first, but then it will just drop off quickly. Dr. Savell and Chancey will be back to check on you in a month!

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Average Joe] #7957056
09/23/23 11:26 PM
09/23/23 11:26 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Online crying
"Wilbur"
Savell  Online Crying
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Originally Posted by Average Joe
You can shun modern medicine and avoid the doc because you are afraid of what they might find, or suggest, or afraid of needles, or whatever. But consider that they could save your life, and you aren’t required to get meds that they might suggest. Under most insurance programs, annual checkups are basically “free”. If not for yourself, do I for those you love and depend on you,

…love don’t come around here

.. actually I do manage to keep an intact nuclear family

.. with a wife that just keeps on loving me for some reason …no matter how hard I try to give her a reason not to ……outside of infidelity of course lol

… but I ain’t going to no doctor

.. turning myself over to the coyotes when I feel it coming on

.. listen to the song though… it’s a good one

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957069
09/24/23 12:19 AM
09/24/23 12:19 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Mando
Do you track your macros? I've been cutting way back on sugar and carbs. I haven't done any macro tracking but am considering.

You dont need to track anything.

The easy way is to avoid grains, especially rice and potatoes and bread and of course beer. Those are the high carb foods.

Dont drink pop and other sugar drinks. You can pretty much eat anything else, and as much as you want.

Eat all the meat, fish, seafood and fowl you want. Make sure you eat plenty of fat with it. Bacon and eggs are very good for you. (Dont worry about the no salt and no cholesterol scam)

DO salt your food, its an important electrolyte.

Sugar is pure carbs and so is fruit unless its a grapefruit or lemons. Have at those.

Stay away from seed oils too . They are bad and cause inflammation in your joints. Use olive oil, coconut oil, or animal fat to cook.

Follow this advice and you will lose weight fast and get rid of high blood pressure, clogged arteries and fatty liver and reverse any type II diabetes setting in. Also greatly reduce the chance of a heart attack or stroke.

Of course, you can have a cheat day so its not the end of the world.

You see we can get away with eating anything we want until about the age 45 then its time to watch your diet or pay with your health later.

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957102
09/24/23 06:39 AM
09/24/23 06:39 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
What yukonjeff said. I was about 60 when my a1c got high. Had to pee every 30 minutes or so and drank water till it was uncomfortable but was still thirsty. Metformin is poison. Constant diarrhea. Started taking an insulin shot every night. Then one every morning too plus another at each meal. Did some reading, talked to a few others, and the no grain no potato's no sugar, and I got off all those shots. Anti cholesterol drugs are causing type two diabetes. The link is there. Quit worrying about cholesterol. Its a function of your liver. Genetic. Fat helps your body avoid diabetes. In spite of the low fat fad diets heart disease is still the number one cause of death. A little exorcise (trapping) will help a bunch.

The people telling you to eat low fat and take statins for cholesterol are the same people telling you to wear a mask and get more covid shots

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957105
09/24/23 06:44 AM
09/24/23 06:44 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
PS avoid stuff like corn oil or vegetable oil like crisco. Olive oil is good. Lard is good. Peanut oil is good. Butter is good. Margarine is poison.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957187
09/24/23 09:02 AM
09/24/23 09:02 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
I have to watch my blood sugar like a hawk. I’m on max dose 1,000 mg 2x daily metformin. It’s a side effect of my chemo I take for my CML. Had to work hard to get my A1C to lower. Still over the standard but it’s finally down.

Potatoes for me are OK, just not fried. Rice OK too but I eat brown not white rice. White bread is bad for me, and absolutely no refined sugar. I eat a ton of veggies and fruit. Lots of whole grains. Very little read meat, lots of chicken and fish. Whole grain pasta is better for me than standard pasta. And I exercise frequently. Keeping my waist line and weight in check is important too. Can’t drink alcohol with my daily chemo either.

I’ve learned what works for me and what doesn’t. Check my blood sugar daily and have for couple years.

Jim

Last edited by jabNE; 09/24/23 09:07 AM.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957216
09/24/23 09:49 AM
09/24/23 09:49 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Simple fact a guy can’t live on tasteless non nutritious foods, like jab said find what workers for you listen to our Doctors if you don’t like their results find different doctors then. First drop the stupid stuff anything with sugar there is enough sugar in stuff without adding sugar to your diet.

Just cutting out raw sugar, pastry, ice cream, pop and candy could make a big difference the amount of sugar in ketchup is staggering so hidden sugar is everywhere read the labels it’s interesting what you find in your foods.

Lots of new sugar free option now if your into candy many are being made without aspartame but again check the label. Hershey bars come in sugar free peanut butter cups, mints, Werthers has great caramels in 3 flavors that are great. Most chocolates will be high in saturated fats as a trade off.

Just things to consider if you’re looking for new ideas I did a ton of research finding ways to embrace the diet suck.

Jerry Herbst
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Savell] #7957285
09/24/23 11:32 AM
09/24/23 11:32 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
I ain’t going to no doctor

That's crazy.

Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957299
09/24/23 11:46 AM
09/24/23 11:46 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
It isnt so much what you eat,it is the amount,and how you cook it.
Soups and stews are very good for you and flavour is great.
I think todays bunch dont partake because it takes time to prepare and cook properly.
Thing is,you can take a day and make up a large batch then freeze in meal size portions.Then just whip up the dumplings when re heating.
Stews and soups have everything good in them,meat veggies legumes etc,anything you want to add,rice pasta,wild greens spices etc. and only taste better when aged in fridge or freezer.

Last edited by Boco; 09/24/23 11:54 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: AJE] #7957303
09/24/23 11:50 AM
09/24/23 11:50 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Originally Posted by AJE
I ain’t going to no doctor

That's crazy.

Don’t let him fool ya
He’s there every week for a hernia check

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale,,,,,,May special,,, Act Now... Free Sock with every purchase
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957305
09/24/23 11:53 AM
09/24/23 11:53 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
How about a little exercise that would not hurt some folks get moving it’s beneficial in so many ways even digestive ways.

Jerry Herbst
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957340
09/24/23 12:58 PM
09/24/23 12:58 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I did try and track them well wrote down everything I ate at every meal and any snacks to get a handle on it and find my hidden carbs

I fell into a groove of what I eat regular so I track a lot less

my daily goals are supposed to be

17oz protein
30-50 carbs

fat as long as it isn't crazy I can have

I go over on carbs some times, when you realize what is in vegetable but I don't worry about that

and 3.2-9.6 carbs a day are miller lite , because life is still worth living some I know big splurge by the way a slice of bread is 15-21 carbs

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: For those that eat healthy diets. [Re: Mando] #7957382
09/24/23 01:41 PM
09/24/23 01:41 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
just do carnivore/no dairy nutrition plan. Red meat, wild fish, beef liver, bacon and eggs....you can eat all you want so there is nothing to track other than you want more fat than protein and zero carbs.. Make beef tallow and use it to bring up the fat content of your red meat and I put it in my coffee. Make the bacon first and then use the bacon fat to make the eggs...I been having 12 ounces of bacon and 7 eggs almost daily for a while now. Think I will make that now.

The only carbs I have are the few in my electrolyte powders and the beef liver...I have around 6-8 ounces of that 5 days a week.

smile

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread