No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: Spike369] #7914207
07/27/23 10:40 AM
07/27/23 10:40 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Spike369
Trapper7, I will pray for your son. Hope he figures it out before it's too late.my grandson just got out of jail for selling pot. His brain is so messed up he doesn't even know he's in trouble. Anyone supporting it doesn't have their head on straight. But you can't tell them, they won't listen. They are like providence farm. Anyway my prayers go out to you and you family.

Spike, just because they haven't seen the dangers first hand, they don't believe it can happen.
Thank you so much for your prayers. My prayers are with you and your grandson.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914213
07/27/23 10:47 AM
07/27/23 10:47 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Trapper 7 obviously it's pot's fault for not being strong enough. The laws are obviously working and it should be made more supper illegal. I'm sure that will help. If only you give the government complete control of everything they know best after all. It's not like drugs even make their way into prison.

Did does your some smoke cigarettes and or vap and drink. I'm sure he did some of those before he moved on to pot.

Your son is missing something in his life he desperately needs and that is a relationship with Christ. That is the only thing that will help him overcome his addiction and Change his heart and desires.

Just like with guns a nut with a gun will kill people nothing will stop them from geting a gun and doing so. Gun laws only affect the law abiding.

No laws will stop the drugs but they will infring on people rights.

For every sapnstoyr of pot being the entry point and the cause of someone moving into hard drugs ther are many more that are casual users and have no problems. Some people drink a few beers some become alcoholics and it runs and controls their life. It's the same thing. Some have no control.

One thing is for sure your son wants the drugs more than he wants his wife's, kids, job, his life. Thats is not the drugs fault any more than its the guns fault it used in a shooting. And no law is going to save him. And you proved the laws don't work. So you are Also advocating for failed ineffective policies that don't protect whom you want but harm others. Makes good since like reasonable gun control and creaps just the same.

Blaim the drugs it's easier than putting the blame squarely where it belongs. Reminds me of my inlaws making excuses and enabling my brother in law. He'll with them I will go so far as to say the enabling and making excuses created the problems long before the drugs became an issue.

Just becuse I put the blame on the individual and hold them accountable dose not mean I live in a vacume under a rock. News flash drugs are everywhere in every single family. My brother in law has a lotnofnissues and barely is not in prison. One of my sisters boyfriends in in federal prison for dealing and on and on.

ALL GREAT EXAMPLES AND PROOF THE WAR ON DRUGS AND DRUG LAWS DO NOT WORK. Mean while ther eus a family burying their family member becuse a mutual time vilont felon was released early again due to over crouding and he immediately did what he laws did and went back to robbing and crim killing said family member.

Spike and trapper 7 you have emotional blinders on and only see and think about your kids and situations. You don't look around and see the full picture and results. You only care about your litle prospective.

I feel for you both. I lost a son and kno what pain. My brother in law was 8 when I started dating my wife. I taught him to hunt trap shoot like I would my own kid brother. But I was not his parents and could not correct his problem behavior when they made excuses and let it go. So his path keep going down hill.

Keep living in your bubbles it's safer and easier that way than questioning and evaluating your beliefs objectively.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/27/23 11:02 AM.
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914221
07/27/23 10:58 AM
07/27/23 10:58 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

My biggest concern on this thread is believers trying to justify what's bad (drug use) as something good.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: Providence Farm] #7914228
07/27/23 11:05 AM
07/27/23 11:05 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Trapper 7 obviously it's pot's fault for not being strong enough. The laws are obviously working and it should be made more supper illegal. I'm sure that will help. If only you give the government complete control of everything they know best after all. It's not like drugs even make their way into prison.

Did does your some smoke cigarettes and or vap and drink. I'm sure he did some of those before he moved on to pot.

Your son is missing something in his life he desperately needs and that is a relationship with Christ. That is the only thing that will help him overcome his addiction and Change his heart and desires.

Just like with guns a nut with a gun will kill people nothing will stop them from geting a gun and doing so. Gun laws only affect the law abiding.

No laws will stop the drugs but they will infring on people rights.

For every sapnstoyr of pot being the entry point and the cause of someone moving into hard drugs ther are many more that are casual users and have no problems. Some people drink a few beers some become alcoholics and it runs and controls their life. It's the same thing. Some have no control.

One thing is for sure your son wants the drugs more than he wants his wife's, kids, job, his life. Thats is not the drugs fault any more than its the guns fault it used in a shooting. And no law is going to save him. And you proved the laws don't work. So you are Also advocating for failed ineffective policies that don't protect whom you want but harm others. Makes good since like reasonable gun control and creaps just the same.

Blaim the drugs it's easier than putting the blame squarely where it belongs. Reminds me of my inlaws making excuses and enabling my brother in law. He'll with them I will go so far as to say the enabling and making excuses created the problems long before the drugs became an issue.

No, he doesn't smoke cigarettes according to his wife and what I've seen.

I agree with a the relationship with Christ. That's his only hope; that and prayer.

Currently, it's illegal for a felon to own a gun. So, we should make it legal for everyone to own a gun regardless of their history because it's infringing on their rights not to.

You still don't get it. Sure my son made a choice when he started smoking pot. Nobody to blame except him. He claimed at the time that all his buddies were smoking it so he did too.

According to you, a person should be allowed to do whatever they want when it comes to rights. Then they should legalize cocaine, opium, fentanyl, etc, We should have a right to choose without government intrusion, it's our right.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: ] #7914230
07/27/23 11:14 AM
07/27/23 11:14 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by J Staton
My biggest concern on this thread is believers trying to justify what's bad (drug use) as something good.

And here is the problem. You assumed becuse I'm for legalizing drugs that I think they are good. You comprehend there is good and bad in everything in this broken world. Things can be both. Pot is great for cancer patients I seen this first hand. Guess what mom has not had any since finishing treatments and didn't move on to hard drugs and end up dead. How in the world is that possible OMG. Ita also good for vets with ptsd.

Pain pills are great after a surgery or injury. But many get hooked and then get cut off and them move to buying them on the street or on to cheaper street drugs. Yet your not saying ban pain pills.

Booze helps destroy many life's and family's your not saying make that illegal.

Guns kill lots of people, car crashed kill thousands of times more but you don't want to ban them.

Constancy and personal accountability are things of the past. Blaim it on something not the person,not the environment, or upbringing. Don't look at the big picture and negatives the war on drugs is directly responsible for. Just keep on with the same thing.

Hey I think Trump sucked on guns. That doesn't mean I voted for or like Biden . It's just a fact he sucked on guns and I'm willing to admit it.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/27/23 11:23 AM.
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914231
07/27/23 11:20 AM
07/27/23 11:20 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Yes trapper 7 freedom is scarry and has risk. Make bad choices deal with the fall out.

Yes felon should have gun rights. Omg he is crazy saying that. Hmm well if they are not safe to be on the street thay soulod be locked up or better yet have been executed freeing up space saving cost and making a nice deterrent. But if they paid their debt and are deemed safe to be on the street then they have the same right to defend themselves as you and I. They have the same right to employment without the felon stigma over their head as well.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/27/23 11:20 AM.
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: ] #7914233
07/27/23 11:25 AM
07/27/23 11:25 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM

Jesus doesn't like you getting drunk.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: Blaine County] #7914236
07/27/23 11:34 AM
07/27/23 11:34 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Blaine County

Jesus hates sin. But we ALL are sinners. One sin is no better or worse than the other. I promise I have plenty to go around.

Blain they just can't seem to see the hypocrisy or have the ability to reasion question and reflect, but they honestly mean well. Just like the moms demand action and every town for gun safety. Those people truly believe it's the guns fault.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914298
07/27/23 01:17 PM
07/27/23 01:17 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

PC you just don't seem to get it, when you promote legalization of a substance, like it or not your promoting the substance.. You are literally arguing with a man that lost his son to drugs that he's wrong in believing in his son's case pot was his gateway drug.
BTW, when did this become about medicinal use?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: Blaine County] #7914300
07/27/23 01:19 PM
07/27/23 01:19 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Blaine County

Glad to see you may have opened a Bible BC.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914313
07/27/23 01:46 PM
07/27/23 01:46 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Well no matter what the old rednecks think. For the average person pot is harmless. Much more so than every other drug including chewing tobacco and cigarettes, and of course alcohol.

State after state are voting on the legalization of cannabis. Even conservative states are. So that means most of the country dont buy into the false narrative that cannabis is dangerous. Its not.

I know alot of cannabis users and none are into other heavy drugs, or even alcohol so the gateway drug dont fly with me.

Only stupid people do meth,coke, heroin, fentanyl. those are bad and will kill you.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: ] #7914315
07/27/23 01:48 PM
07/27/23 01:48 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
PC you just don't seem to get it, when you promote legalization of a substance, like it or not your promoting the substance.. You are literally arguing with a man that lost his son to drugs that he's wrong in believing in his son's case pot was his gateway drug.

You don't understand freedom and actions have reactions and consequences or persional responsibility. you can't see anything outside your limited view. There are many like this so your not alone.

Drugs should never have been illegal to begin with. I'm promoting smaller government less government controls and restrictions on the people. See it how you want and keep your blinders on.

My boys know I won't tolerate certain behavior. They get quick and severe responses to poor behavior. They know actions have consequences. They have seen be turn my back on their uncle and forbid him from coming around when he was using and for over a year AFTER he was clean. They know dad won't pick them up and make excuses for them if they take tha same path. I'm fair and loving but hard. More people should try being a parent instead of their friends.

Ok so pot was what got his son on to harder drugs. That doesn't automatically mean it's that way for everyone or that pain pills you approve of don't do the same but at a higher rate . Or that for every one persion that destroyed their life with drugs, alcohol, gambling, ect there are 100 that can Handel it fine with no ill effects
I'm sorry his son chose to start using drugs and that it ultimately lead to his death it breaks my heart to hear that and your son is on the same path. BUT that does not mean you can tell others what they can and can't put into their own body. Hay my daughter fell and shot herself with the pistol she was carrying to shot a coon in a trap in the garden. No mor handguns for you for trapping. Only a death ray or ax Handel for you.

It's obvious you can't see past your own dug in view. That ok. You can't not even once respond with a single pice of fact or info on how drugs being illegal is a positive for society or has been effective. Why becuse you can't. You can't change minds or open minds of people with feelings if they are using logic. Feelings can be backed up with facts and it's good to be passionate about topics IF you can back them up with a reasonable fact based presentation. Baring that your just are using the democrats aproch.

I don't like prostitution any more than I like strung out dope heads but I don't think it should be illegal either.
It's people's bodies they can sleep with who they want for fun, love, reproduction, or for cash. Or any combo.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/27/23 01:52 PM.
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914357
07/27/23 03:18 PM
07/27/23 03:18 PM
PA
P
PSB1011 Offline
trapper
PSB1011  Offline
trapper
P

PA
I tend to think moderation is key to a longer life.There are lots of ways to kill yourself, both slow and fast ways.
65% of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight. Overweight and obesity are the fifth leading risk for global deaths. At least 2.8 million adults die each year as a result of being overweight or obese.

Obesity is second only to cigarette smoking as a leading preventable death in the U.S. Nearly one in five deaths of African Americans and Caucasians age 40 to 85 is attributed to obesity, a rate that is increasing across generations.

Last edited by PSB1011; 07/27/23 03:21 PM.
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: Providence Farm] #7914372
07/27/23 03:54 PM
07/27/23 03:54 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

You don't understand freedom and actions have reactions and consequences or persional responsibility. you can't see anything outside your limited view. There are many like this so your not alone.

Drugs should never have been illegal to begin with. I'm promoting smaller government less government controls and restrictions on the people. See it how you want and keep your blinders on.

My boys know I won't tolerate certain behavior. They get quick and severe responses to poor behavior. They know actions have consequences. They have seen be turn my back on their uncle and forbid him from coming around when he was using and for over a year AFTER he was clean. They know dad won't pick them up and make excuses for them if they take tha same path. I'm fair and loving but hard. More people should try being a parent instead of their friends.

Ok so pot was what got his son on to harder drugs. That doesn't automatically mean it's that way for everyone or that pain pills you approve of don't do the same but at a higher rate . Or that for every one persion that destroyed their life with drugs, alcohol, gambling, ect there are 100 that can Handel it fine with no ill effects
I'm sorry his son chose to start using drugs and that it ultimately lead to his death it breaks my heart to hear that and your son is on the same path. BUT that does not mean you can tell others what they can and can't put into their own body. Hay my daughter fell and shot herself with the pistol she was carrying to shot a coon in a trap in the garden. No mor handguns for you for trapping. Only a death ray or ax Handel for you.

It's obvious you can't see past your own dug in view. That ok. You can't not even once respond with a single pice of fact or info on how drugs being illegal is a positive for society or has been effective. Why becuse you can't. You can't change minds or open minds of people with feelings if they are using logic. Feelings can be backed up with facts and it's good to be passionate about topics IF you can back them up with a reasonable fact based presentation. Baring that your just are using the democrats aproch.

I don't like prostitution any more than I like strung out dope heads but I don't think it should be illegal either.
It's people's bodies they can sleep with who they want for fun, love, reproduction, or for cash. Or any combo.

A political ideology can easily become an idol. I go to church with a bunch of democrats. When asked how can they support the abortion of an image bearer of God they balk and say they don't support abortion but they support a woman's right to choose an abortion. confused

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914393
07/27/23 05:05 PM
07/27/23 05:05 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
According to the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration pot smoking can cause:

Permanent IQ loss.
Mental Health: Studies show regular use has been known to cause depression, anxiety, suicidal and psychotic episodes.
Athletic Performance: Loss of timing and coordination.
Driving: People under the influence experience dangerous effects such as slower reaction time, lane weaving, and decreased coordination.
Alcohol arrests are number one for impaired driving. Pot arrests are second. Legalization will increase those numbers. Maybe even take over the number one spot?
Pregnancy: MJ use during pregnancy can cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillborn, and problems with brain development. THC can be passed on from the mother to the baby through the mother's breast milk further impacting a child's healthy development.

Mayo Clinic has stated some of things as well and has said in some cases it is a gateway drug.

Doesn't sound very harmless to me.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914398
07/27/23 05:12 PM
07/27/23 05:12 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Alcohol we all know what it does. Should it be band? I mean its track record is a lot worse than pot. Or should it be used in moderation? Or like now should we just turn or heads because were used to it.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914432
07/27/23 06:25 PM
07/27/23 06:25 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Have you ever read the warning on the back of a can of welding rods. Sounds worse than what you came up with for pot. Also all those things can be said for alcohol but your not for making it illegal.

As far as your Democrat supporters at church. Thay support the woman's right to murder her child. That much different than supporting people's rights to consumers substances. It's far from killing another human.

If you were for baning alcohol, fast food/sweets and sodas and pain pills I would give your stance more respect. But to pick out pot and say the others that also cause as much or more harm takes away creditable.

Lots of things cause harm and are bad for you. Heck how many die in auto accidents. We should ban private ownership of vehicals. After all if it saves just one life.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: drasselt] #7914456
07/27/23 07:30 PM
07/27/23 07:30 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
I can’t believe y’all are still arguing over this.

-Goofy-
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7914469
07/27/23 07:45 PM
07/27/23 07:45 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

It's a slow day at work what can I say.

It's like politics when people mind is closed no amount of discussion will help. Myself I was back and forth on the issue for a long time untill freedom, personal responsibility, less government and the fact the war on drug is a failure. So my post are not for those with their mind made up one way or the other but for those on the fence and to provoke thougt and reflection on their own personal values and beliefs.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/27/23 07:46 PM.
Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7914475
07/27/23 07:52 PM
07/27/23 07:52 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

………….. Narley Dude.

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale,,,,,,May special,,, Act Now... Free Sock with every purchase
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread