Posted By: drasselt

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 09:25 PM

Ostrich strategy won't cut it....
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 09:31 PM

smoking pot is stupid.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 09:43 PM

everrybody smoked it in the 70's-80's, wanna know about the increase in mental illness? in my day you got 4 vaccines, todays kids get 86, and the makers are not held accountable
Posted By: Finster

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 09:44 PM

Been against legalization from the start.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 09:44 PM

So Reefer Madness was real after all?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 09:50 PM

I know of no vaccines that are psychotomimetic but dope is. That is it mimic psychosis as in it induces a schizophrenic state. Lovely

Psychotomimetic - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

ScienceDirect
https://www.sciencedirect.com › topics › neuroscience
Cannabis is usually classified as a psychotomimetic, that is, a drug that can, under some circumstances, mimic psychotic or schizophrenia-like illness. It is ...
‎Ketamine · ‎Psychotic Illness · ‎Psilocybin, Lysergic Acid...
Posted By: Guss

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:00 PM

Smoking pot kills brain cells.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:09 PM

Story bought & paid for by the tobacco and alcohol industries....Marijuana (actual grass) used to be 2-4% THC...That's back when you smoked the whole joint for the desired effect.

Now it's 16-30+ % THC, so 1-4 hits....It's all the same, smoke less strong weed, or much more weak weed to get to the same place.

Not advocating for it's recreational use, but this story is BS.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:15 PM

why is it most people who indulge lead perfectly normal lives, but a few go off the deep end? I do not smoke it, but have known a bunch of folk down through the years that did/do, 90 percent of them you would never know they did.Todays mental illness is not caused by weed, anti-depressants maybe, but look aat the autism rates through the years
[Linked Image]
Guess nobody smoked dope prior to 1990
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boco

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:22 PM

Now post the increase in dope usage over those same years.
Also never heard of anybody getting 10 vaccines let alone 30.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:23 PM

Alcohol does as much or more damage but it's big money so we turn our heads.
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:26 PM

I thinks it’s from most of the mommas eating Xanax while pregnant or other pills,on the autism part

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:28 PM

alot of folks got 5 for the so called covid, look up a childhood vaccine schedule, not gonna do your research for ya. while your at it, look up how many mass shooters have been on CERTAIN anti depressants.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Story bought & paid for by the tobacco and alcohol industries....Marijuana (actual grass) used to be 2-4% THC...That's back when you smoked the whole joint for the desired effect.

Now it's 16-30+ % THC, so 1-4 hits....It's all the same, smoke less strong weed, or much more weak weed to get to the same place.

Who says they are even smoking. Post some numbers on edibles too. Then there are dabs. Potent stuff no doubt being responsibly used by the youth today with only a hit or 2! sarcasm
Besides many dopers smoke and drink as well so why would tobacco and booze have a problem with it?
Posted By: D.T.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Also never heard of anybody getting 10 vaccines let alone 30.

Really! What about the boosters alone. It wasnt long ago you were advocating for the covid vaccine and saying your doctor told you it makes your DNA stronger. You also said you were up to date with all your other vaccines. The BS you manage to paint on here is nothing short of magnificent
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:36 PM

You forgot PTSD, caused from fretting about something you know nothing about because you have never experienced it. And believing FOX news.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:38 PM

Hogwash the Covid vaccine was the first one I got for years.before that the only one I got since i was a kid was ONE,when I went to a tropical country to protect against tropical disease.
Nobody gets 10 vaccines let alone 30.
Kids get MMR at school and a booster a couple years later-thats it.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:39 PM

Lots of facts and sources Gary. Again, head in sand don't cut it.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:43 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:45 PM

No head in the sand here Son. You are talking about something you dont know. You are right about potency though. Oregon stores sell stuff that causes paralysis. (Temporary) nothing like the old mexican giggle weed 50 years ago.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 10:58 PM

Hogwash the Covid vaccine was the first one I got for years.before that the only one I got since i was a kid was ONE,when I went to a tropical country to protect against tropical disease.

You WILL get shots whenever your Man-Queen tells you to.Like you already did.Go hide a gun.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 11:02 PM

Sissies here wetting themselves over weed while meth and fentanyl flow down the streets.....
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 11:04 PM

Boco, here is the required immunizations for MN

Minnesota school immunization law
The School Immunization Law in Minnesota requires all students enrolled in grades kindergarten through 12 to show they have received certain immunizations or an exemption. Schools are required to report immunization data to MDH each year through the Annual Immunization Status Report (AISR). The AISR is a useful resource for monitoring immunization coverage rates in the state. More information on Minnesota’s immunization laws can be found on Vaccines for Infants, Children and Adolescents.

Required kindergarten vaccines*
Required Vaccines Required number of doses
Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (DTaP)

5**

Polio

4***

Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)

Hepatitis B (Hep B)

Varicella (chickenpox)

Notes:
*Kindergarten students must be up-to-date on all of the required vaccines, or submit an exemption, by the first day of school in order to remain enrolled.
**The fifth dose of DTaP is not required if the fourth dose was given on or after the child’s fourth birthday.
***The fourth dose of polio vaccine is not required if the third dose was given on or after the child’s fourth birthday.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man
smoking pot is stupid.

"WHY DO YOU THINK THEY CALL IT DOPE" ? laugh

"ONLY DOPES SMOKE DOPE" !!! laugh

w
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 11:29 PM

Some of y'all are still mad that nobody would sell you a bag. Narc vibe.

Alcohol is the 4th leading cause of preventable death in the US. Not to mention traffic deaths, assaults, murders and suicides.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

Alcohol is the 4th leading cause of preventable death in the US. Not to mention traffic deaths, assaults, murders and suicides.

But...but....marijuana is MIND-ALTERING!!!!!!!!

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/24/23 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by drasselt

Who says they are even smoking. Post some numbers on edibles too. Then there are dabs. Potent stuff no doubt being responsibly used by the youth today with only a hit or 2! sarcasm
Besides many dopers smoke and drink as well so why would tobacco and booze have a problem with it?

They may not be smoking, that's why the (actual grass) emphasis was mentioned...It shows a comparative potency example over a 50 yr time frame, something that would be hard to do historically with the more modern concentrates....Hash used to be the concentrate.

As far as the alcohol & tobacco industries lobbying against pot, read "The emperor wears no clothes" by Jack Herer if you want to be educated in the matter.....Those 2 industries lose massive $$ when pot is in the equation.

Petro has lobbied heavily against it also...Hemp does many products much better than petroleum does, and it's renewable.
Posted By: charles

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 12:15 AM

Just returned from a vacation with four young grandkids. We started in San Francisco and ended in Seattle. Saw lots of drug abuse right on the public sidewalks. Saw naked people, and all forms of “wiped out” drug users. It is a one way street that takes you downhill.

Not a fan of abusive drugs.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 12:20 AM

Maybe they were drunk.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Maybe they were drunk.

You cant tell the difference between a drunk stumblebum and those drug ZOMBIES walking the streets?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 01:03 AM

Mary Jane has been around for a long time and isn't going anywhere, legal or not. Like alcohol or dang near everything else, there are risks involved with it's use. But you ought to be able to make up your own mind.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 01:21 AM

I'll say this, I have lost 3 people close to me that smoked weed when we were teenagers. They continued after high school, I tried it and it wasn't my bag. They are dead and I am not. Haven't lost any of my other friends/classmates to anything else. I'm 53.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 01:29 AM

I know a lot more people who have died been injured or had their lives or their families lives destroyed by drinking than by mary jane. They are both DRUGS AND IF ABUSED cause harm.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 01:49 AM

No doubt Rex

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 01:53 AM

They may not be smoking, that's why the (actual grass) emphasis was mentioned...It shows a comparative potency example over a 50 yr time frame, something that would be hard to do historically with the more modern concentrates....Hash used to be the concentrate.

As far as the alcohol & tobacco industries lobbying against pot, read "The emperor wears no clothes" by Jack Herer if you want to be educated in the matter.....Those 2 industries lose massive $$ when pot is in the equation.

Petro has lobbied heavily against it also...Hemp does many products much better than petroleum does, and it's renewable.

This is from your book. Uhhh sorry but I have my doubts....:

If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is -- the same one that did it all before -- Cannabis Hemp... Marijuana!

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 01:56 AM

This is from your book. Uhhh sorry but I have my doubts....:

If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is -- the same one that did it all before -- Cannabis Hemp... Marijuana!

Okay, I can live with your doubts. wink

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 01:58 AM

All you have to do is look at the way different countries developed.
The countries that had alcohol as their heritage basically colonized the world.
The countries from asia and the middle east whose heritage is drugs were basically stuck in the stone age and never really advanced much.

Alchohol is my peoples heritage,Maybe drugs is in your lineage but not for me.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 02:12 AM

Not for me either boco.

Same with alcohol, the world would be a better place without both.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 02:53 AM

Gunpowder, printing press, paper, and magnetic compass all invented by middle eastern and asian countries. Not bad .Wonder what they could have done if they were drinkers instead?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
Gunpowder, printing press, paper, and magnetic compass all invented by middle eastern and asian countries. Not bad .Wonder what they could have done if they were drinkers instead?

Thats just it,they didnt do anything with it.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by charles
Just returned from a vacation with four young grandkids. We started in San Francisco and ended in Seattle. Saw lots of drug abuse right on the public sidewalks. Saw naked people, and all forms of “wiped out” drug users. It is a one way street that takes you downhill.

Not a fan of abusive drugs.

Then you took the wrong vacation. Did you go to Portland also?
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 09:48 AM

First off. thats a Fuax News article. (Controlled opposition)

Second. The doctors quoted Sabet" a former white house drug policy advisor to Bush, Obama and Clinton." So, you know he is full it.

I would guess any increase in mental health problems are due to the covid lockdowns or the fentanyl crisis combined with alcohol abuse. I never see a problem with a cannabis smoker going crazy but its common with alcohol users and strangely excepted.

I think alot of the reefer madness is due to some folks get really high when they smoked a joint in high school and never forgot it and feared it ever since. And now think its the devil.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 10:03 AM

I could see a correlation between pot smoking and schizophrenia. Some folks get awful paranoid when they smoke the Devil's lettuce. I suppose those with a predisposition for the disease could further increase their odds of suffering from it with the daily use of reefer.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 08:16 PM

Certainly has been a big leap in stupidity on the nations roads!
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 09:03 PM

Well said.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 09:04 PM

And alcohol is legal in every state, pot isn't. More and more states are legalizing it, give it time to catch up to alcohol.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

And alcohol is legal in every state, pot isn't. More and more states are legalizing it, give it time to catch up to alcohol.

Alcohol got worse when prohibited and gave rise to the mob. Being illegal drives up prices and created a black market. Being illegal is stoping no one from geting or smoking pot. It just keeps it less in the open..
It does give the government more power. Lots of people like freedom untill t h ey see someone else enjoying that freedom when it something they don't approve of.

I smoked pot a few times over 25 years ago. It was not for me but it also is not near as bad for society as alcohol.
Editable were a great thing for my 60plus year old mom when she was going through radiation and chemo. But many want to deny people that or think a government permission slip should be required. Many of those same people wrap up in the flag and scream freedom when it comes to speech or guns. There is a major disconnect.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 09:20 PM

Pot smoking is a gateway drug for some. I know because I have a son who told me after a time, he couldn't get high enough on pot and moved onto something where he could. He has been in drug treatment several times, but he always goes back to pot and something else later. We went into the in house program at the request of the counselor as support for him. There were others in the program that said they started out with pot just like him and ended up on cocaine, heroin, etc.

To minimize pot as some on here do, is like saying it's not any worse than smoking a cigarette. Which is ridiculous.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 09:26 PM

Pot smoking is a gateway drug for some. I know because I have a son who told me after a time, he couldn't get high enough on pot and moved onto something where he could. He has been in drug treatment several times, but he always goes back to pot and something else later. We went into the in house program at the request of the counselor as support for him. There were others in the program that said they started out with pot just like him and ended up on cocaine, heroin, etc.

To minimize pot as some on here do, is like saying it's not any worse than smoking a cigarette. Which is ridiculous.

I bet he started out sneaking a beer or bottle of whiskey. Probably cigarettes also maybe cigarettes are the gateway drug?

Some people can't handle having a drink, other over eat, some don't know when enough is enough or moderation. I have addicts in my family. But like a shooting it's the shooter not the gun.
Posted By: Spike369

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 09:27 PM

My son started on pot and overdosed and died on coke. Yea pots safe.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 09:47 PM

I've never understood the pot smokers constantly saying, "But what about alcohol? ".

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 10:56 PM

Pot is safe. Has many health benefits. Coke is not safe. Dont do coke. No brainer.

Alcohol is not safe. We like to point out the hypocrisy.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/25/23 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Pot is safe. Has many health benefits. Coke is not safe. Dont do coke. No brainer.

Alcohol is not safe. We like to point out the hypocrisy.

Sums it up and I'm not a pot user and have no interest in it.

Everyone claims that their loved one started on pot but if they look back I bet they started on alcohol and tobacco. But those are safe and not to blame it was Definitely the pot got them started.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 12:09 AM

Pot is safe. Has many health benefits.

Same as alcohol.One or two glasses of red wine per day has many proven health benefits.Drinking a gallon a day,,not so healthy.Neither is smoking 30 bowls of pot a day.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

many want to deny people that or think a government permission slip should be required. Many of those same people wrap up in the flag and scream freedom when it comes to speech or guns. There is a major disconnect.

So anarchy then?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:14 AM

many want to deny people that or think a government permission slip should be required. Many of those same people wrap up in the flag and scream freedom when it comes to speech or guns. There is a major disconnect.

So anarchy then?

When the government can tell you what you can and can not put in your own body that's not freedom. You can't protect people and freedom means the freedom to make bad choices and fail. The catch is there should be no safety net.

It has a lot of spill over. A few example are I can't sell you a quart of raw goat milk. The same as I feed my family but the government says I can't sell it to you. I can't sell you beef or pork I Raise and butchered myself. But I can sell up to 20k chickens I butcher if I sell them whole and direct to customers. Now I can't piece them out or if I sell 20k and 1. Ot to a store or restaurant I could get into trouble. What's the difference can you tell me?
Who has the publics best interests in mind me with limited customer base selling products I raised and right out of the same freezer my family's food come out of or the illegal immigrants working in the inspected slaughter houses?
. I can sell baked goods made at home but only if I put a sticker that says it was not made in an inspected kitchen. I can sell honey direct but not to retail or wholesale if not harvested in an inspected kitchen.

Freedom is scary and also can be dangerous. Often I warn my kids of dangers and then set back and watch them decide to do things I told them not to and the dangers of why as long as it won't kill or permanently damage them. Then when they get hurt they get asked, didn't I tell you not to do that and what could happen, "yes" did you do it any way"yes" and that's what you get. They get no sympathy it's a learning experience and teachable moment. Many of Societies problems wouldn't not be problems if kids were still getting skinned knees and the occasional broken bone and parents letting kids be kids learning by experience.

A lot of people have issues with drug use. Drugs are neither good or bad and can be both. The problem is the people's inability to make good decisions and have self control. It's easier to blame the drugs instead of the people making the bad choice. Just exactly how anti gunners try to blame the gun not the person pulling the trigger

Instead they want to wrap them in bubble wrap. And tell them how special they are. My kids are no better or more special than any other kids. I'm also nothing special or deserving of special treatment. No one is we are all equal and God's children

Posted By: Eyehi

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:17 AM

If it grows from a seed it was put on the earth for a reason …
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 06:42 AM

I doubt the mental Illness is caused by weed. Some of the smartest people I know smoke weed. Mental Illness ia more likely caused by the new anything goes outlook of most people now days.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 09:31 AM

Legalizing drugs is just placing stumbling blocks in front of people. In the name of "freedom" I'm going to legitimize yet another vise that will destroy many good people. No matter if I believe pot to be no more harmful than alcohol, I cannot support legitimizing a substance that may lead to a persons destruction. My faith won't allow it.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 09:32 AM

When the government can tell you what you can and can not put in your own body that's not freedom. You can't protect people and freedom means the freedom to make bad choices and fail. The catch is there should be no safety net.

I agree, a home owner shouldn’t have to spend thousands of dollars getting rid of lead paint just so they can sell a house.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Legalizing drugs is just placing stumbling blocks in front of people. In the name of "freedom" I'm going to legitimize yet another vise that will destroy many good people. No matter if I believe pot to be no more harmful than alcohol, I cannot support legitimizing a substance that may lead to a persons destruction. My faith won't allow it.

So you think the war on drugs has been successful? Well it has depending on your prospective and goals. If your goals are to increase government power police budgets, militarization of the police, government sponsored theft with assets forfeiture, filling prisons with nonviolent offenders and adding hundreds of thousands to the 2nd class citizen list of felon it's been very successful.

If you think it has reduced or is reducing drug use you obviously have not been paying attention to the acceleration of drug use the last few decades despite all the additional deterrents and war on drugs. How about not passing out narcan like tick tacks and alow the consequences and nature to take its course? I think that bleeding heart aproch enables drug use more than legalizing drugs by lowering the risk and promoting risky behavior. Like giving out new needles to the dopers so they don't share needles. It's for their healt after all.

I think this is a prime example of the generation gap and those raised with after school special like reefer madness.

The war on drugs is a war on you. The government runs and promotes the drug uses and running. Have any doubts. Afghanistan produces 90% of the world's opioid we control that country for more than a decade but the drugs never slowed down. Our boarder is wide open and drugs flow freely they don't want it stoped. It's to big a money maker on several ends. From running the drugs, to money for the prisons, massive law inforcement funding, the hospitals and drug companies and arms and armorments, courts lawyers. To much money and hands in the pot.

Once you realize everything we have been told our entire life's is a lie the clearer things become.

J straton. God gave people free will, isn't it arrogant to assume you know what's best for people better than God? If he didn't want us to have the choice he would not have given us the choise.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 01:23 PM

So you think God is the father of destruction? Drug use for the high is destructive to the temple and often becomes god to the user. I think you're confusing God with devil.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 01:34 PM

Boco, this is one thing you definitely have no clue what you’re talking about. Are you raising small children right now? I have 5, and they get ALOT more than MMR and a booster.

There are 10 vaccines that doctors recommend your children get by 1.5 years of age, and several more plus boosters by the age of 15.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 01:45 PM

So you think God is the father of destruction? Drug use for the high is destructive to the temple and often becomes god to the user. I think you're confusing God with devil.

Wow you really came up with that out of no where. I guess you tried to make what I wrote into what you want it to say not what it says.
I will slow it down for you. God gave people free will. That freedom to make good or bad choices that can lead to their earthly as well as eternal damnation. You think you know best and want to eliminate the choices you think are bad for them. So you must think you are more equipped and know more than God. Myself I think that's very arrogant

We should also make booze tobacco, pornography, sex aoutside of marage and all other sinful and poor choice behavior illegal. Im sure more laws and powere to the govermt will stop it as effectively as the war on drugs has been a success. Theft does not happen and murder is unheard of they are all illiegal right that solves everything..
Posted By: KSlongliner

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 01:52 PM

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BandB
I've never understood the pot smokers constantly saying, "But what about alcohol? ".

There is no doubt that alcohol isn't safe when drinking it to excess. It can kill and it's legal.

Pot in excess is no different. I don't smoke, but to attribute cigarette smoking to getting into hard drugs is a real stretch. Liquor could, but so can pot.

We already know the dangers alcohol poses. Why legalize another addictive drug? That's what pot is. What will they legalize next, cocaine, fentanyl?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:22 PM

Amen.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:23 PM

Trapper 7 you think most people start smoking pot right off our is it more likely they tried cigarettes first. I don't know anyone that tried pot before they had tried cigarettes.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:24 PM

Providence Farm let me slow it down for you. As a believer you are advocating for a drug that is destructive to the temple in which the Holy Spirit dwells. You ever read in the Bible about not placing stumbling blocks in front of folks?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:28 PM

There is no doubt that alcohol isn't safe when drinking it to excess. It can kill and it's legal.

Pot in excess is no different. I don't smoke, but to attribute cigarette smoking to getting into hard drugs is a real stretch. Liquor could, but so can pot.

We already know the dangers alcohol poses. Why legalize another addictive drug? That's what pot is. What will they legalize next, cocaine, fentanyl?

I'd legalize all drugs. I'd also legalize (remove the nonsense) full autos, grenade launchers, etc. Under my administration, you could walk out of Cabelas with a suppressor.

But I'm a freedom guy. A lot on here are not unless it strictly complies with their narrow definition of freedom.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:28 PM

No way! Then it would be easy to acquire!

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:39 PM

Providence Farm let me slow it down for you. As a believer you are advocating for a drug that is destructive to the temple in which the Holy Spirit dwells. You ever read in the Bible about not placing stumbling blocks in front of folks?

Once again you miss the entire point hung up on your own idea of what pot is and you can save people from themselves if only its stays illegal.

It IS iLLiGAL and has been decades. How is that working out? You can't save people by removing their free choice. You missed or think all the negative s the war on drugs caused and want to stay in your safe narrow bubble . It's OK many do but it won't change reality or the outcome.

Have you ever witnessed family going through chemotherapy and radiation on deaths door and then see the positive effects pot products have on them? Obviously you have not if you had you would not be so closed minded.

So what dose keeping it illegal accomplish in your view? Realistically what does it do that's positive name one or two things?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:44 PM

Trapper 7 you think most people start smoking pot right off our is it more likely they tried cigarettes first. I don't know anyone that tried pot before they had tried cigarettes.

That's definitely possible. But, there are a lot more people who smoke that have never tried pot. I know a couple people who smoke cigarettes and pot. They all say pot will get you much higher than cigarettes. I quite smoking years ago. Took me quite a few years to realize how stupid it was.

You mention God gave man a free will meaning he chooses his destiny. I agree with you. But, do you think Jesus would condone it if you were an alcoholic, cigarette smoker, porn, etc, even though we are judged by faith? Faith is what saves us. However, it is also written, "You will know them by their actions".

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 02:52 PM

Once again you miss the entire point hung up on your own idea of what pot is and you can save people from themselves if only its stays illegal.

It IS iLLiGAL and has been decades. How is that working out? You can't save people by removing their free choice. You missed or think all the negative s the war on drugs caused and want to stay in your safe narrow bubble . It's OK many do but it won't change reality or the outcome.

Have you ever witnessed family going through chemotherapy and radiation on deaths door and then see the positive effects pot products have on them? Obviously you have not if you had you would not be so closed minded.

So what dose keeping it illegal accomplish in your view? Realistically what does it do that's positive name one or two things?

I have no problem with pot being legal for certain illnesses to ease pain. There are many states that have made it legal in that sense. I oppose the recreational use being legal. People will still get pot if they want it whether it's legal or not. It's harder to obtain than if it's legal.

I've seen first hand the lives pot has destroyed by moving onto drugs that give a bigger high. As I said, comparing cigarette smoking as a gateway drug to pot, there are a lot of cigarette smokers who don't smoke pot.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:00 PM

I'm not talking about legal or illegal, I'm talking about you, as a believer, advocating the use of a drug that is harmful to the body and intoxicating to the mind. Unless inhaling smoke is now healthy.
As for my opinion on weed it should have never been regulated by .gov in any form. However that pandoras box has been opened and to legalize it now will only legitimize it. Leading to even more spiritual/physical destruction

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:20 PM

Trapper 7 sure a lot of people smoke cigarettes that don't smoke pot. A lot of pot smokers also don’t go on to other drugs what's your point. Most all pot smokers did start with cigarettes. Then moved up to include pot.

If you use your pot argument the Same as cigarettes you can see hoe silly your pot argument is.

J Staton I'm not the morality police. I'm also not advocating or saying I think people should smoke pot. You seem to have the same mind set as o he doesn't think 100%of what Trump did was great so he must be for Biden mind set.

. Look back I said making pot illegal did more harm than good.. that it's people's choice to smoke pot or take their wife to an orgy. I don't believe it's my job or place to tell them what they can or can't do.

It's not my job as a believer to look down on people and be judgmental or make choices for them. Infact I can't make anyone do anything.
It is my job to share the gospel and live it out and set an example. The rest is God's department. He opens minds and hearts changing desires and behaviors. Not me . I believe in freedom being open about your failures, not trying to act like a sant. All that does is turn people off and away and they see nothing but a hypocrite.
Jesus didn't stay in the temples he went to the streets among the sinners and the sin. He got his hands dirty.

Giving guidance and understanding, living as an example will have a more positive effect than making things illegal. It does not make it hard to get at all. It just gives more power to the government and those with limited perspective a feel good measure.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:30 PM

Was in the VA Hospital for surgery, and some guy wanted me to sign a petition, he said pot's no worse than alcohol, I asked if it was any better. He couldn't answer. I realized i was right. Haven't had a drop since. Late Aug 2012.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:32 PM

I am trying to understand something you are destroying the temple of God if you use pot but it's okay to flood it with booze? Sorry folks but it kind of seems a little backwards.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:39 PM

Never mind PF. I just advise you not to enter the mission field of rehabilitating addicts.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:45 PM

I am trying to understand something you are destroying the temple of God if you use pot but it's okay to flood it with booze? Sorry folks but it kind of seems a little backwards.

The same could be said for eating junk food, drinking soft drinks and not getting any exercise. We should probably limit calories, type of food,and mandatory physical training daily. After all look at all the life's destroyed by heart attacks, obesity, diabetes, and the cost the the health care system.
O wait new York was limiting soda sizes.
Sounds kind of communist when put like that now doesn't it.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:45 PM

I guess I didn't see where someone was advocating drunkenness, I've only seen comparing pot to alcohol in an attempt to legitimize it. Both weed and wine are intoxicating with the only difference being you can drink a glass of wine and not get intoxicated but can't do the same when smoking a joint.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:50 PM

Beer 30 in a few hours. Then some horseshoes and ringer whiskey.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:55 PM

Which of the anti-marijuana people have actual personal experience trying it?

I ask because I it appears many of you think it is more intoxicating than it actually is. It's not crack. It's not meth.

You can eat an edible or take a few tokes and not be messed up. Doing so would be the equivalent of a couple of beers or a couple of glasses of wine.

Again, I haven't had any in many years and don't drink anymore. I look however look forward to resuming reasonable cannabis consumption in retirement. I'll never pick up the bottle again.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 03:55 PM

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 04:01 PM

Never mind PF. I just advise you not to enter the mission field of rehabilitating addicts.

Never planed on it. I don't have the temperament or ability/ lack of reason to blame someone's poor choices and lack of self control on a drug any more than I blame a shooting on the gun. I don’t have empathy for people that put things befor their family and friends and won't play into the delusional mind set it's the drugs fault not the persons choices. O it's not your fault you can't help it would never come out of my mouth. It is exactly no one else's fault and they most definitely can help it but chose to use the drugs. No one put a gun to fheir kids head and said shoot the drug or I will kill your kid. Nope they chose it all on theri own.

Now I believe my tough love aproch is appreciated by my recovery addiction brother in law. It works better Tham pampering and enabling him for years like his parents did. I also get respect from him.

You kind of ignored all the negative consequences the war on drugs created in all my post so am I to assume your ok selling out your kids and grand kids freedom as long as it alines with your ideas and like putting a boot on their neck. Can't come up with a single positive thing the war on drugs had accomplished or even narrow it down making pot illegal has done instead attempt to take a moral high road and just say never mind.
No facts or info to back up your stance just feelings. Seems familiar where do I see arguments like that?

If you could back up your argument with data reasion and logic not feelings, assumptions, and sound bites you picked up all your life with no base in facts I would lesson. But the case for negative fare out way any positive if you can find any positive to pot being illegal. I sure can't find any logical argument for positive effects.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 04:25 PM

As a teenage alcoholic and then daily user of the debated subject matter, I can honestly say, life is better without them.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 04:30 PM

Huuuuu?
Posted By: k snow

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 04:33 PM

A week or so ago, a lot of folks were vilifying WI as a state full of drunks, and now a lot of folks want more mind altering stuff legalized, Sheesh. Can't agree on anything.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 04:33 PM

I'd hire a pot smoker over 10 drinkers.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 04:48 PM

One of you saints brought up the temple thing but I agree overeating ,living on your phone, and anything else you go overboard with is wrong but really but look at this in the real light of day to say it is worse than drinking is just stupid. Drinking is accepted because of jobs . It goes back to what runs this country Money and a whole lot of people do it. Lets take a look guy beats his wife after drinking well she had it coming old hag anyway, spends the rent money on drink but he works hard and the house wasn't that good anyway, kids are hungry spent the money on drink it's okay kids were to fat anyway. Just trying to point out one is just as bad as the other but some of you are trying to put the pot smoker as the devil no matter what. Why because MOST of us drink something but it is always nice to have someone to look down on. And before you start not talking about hard drugs.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 05:05 PM

Well Rex we do have a farmers sub fourm so drinking must be ok. May be a good tile to say I went to my wife's 38 year old aunts funeral on Monday. She will killed when the drunk she was riding with hit a tree. He walked away. I have never heard of a pot head geting stoned and beating his wife and kids. He would be more likely to eat all the kids snacks and chill out. But but he might move on to hard drugs. They say while overlooking thay startes on alcohol and tobacco and moved up to pot but the first two are ok but pot I'd the devil. Yet it's lost on them even when pointed out. The left doesn't have a monopoly on being a blind followers lemming and hypocrites.

ALL I asked for was a logical argument fact based for the criminalization of pot. I layed out several negatives . But I get nothing in return but emotionall ideological stances. I guess they really don't have an strong backed up stance outside it parrot what they have alway been told.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 05:18 PM

Would you offer Jesus a toke if he showed up today? Of course you could assure him it ain't as intoxicating as wine. smile

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 06:38 PM

Sorry for your loss. But it sorta goes to what I am saying DRUNK driver killed some one on the news somewhere every night . Joint smoking driver hits tree not so much.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 06:41 PM

Would you offer Jesus a toke if he showed up today? Of course you could assure him it ain't as intoxicating as wine. smile

Yet another if he is not on my side he must be on the other. And absolutely nothing to add to the argument. On either side.
Must be a reading comprehension issue. smile
Posted By: danvee

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 06:42 PM

To each there own for me cold showers, a good horse and fresh air and a cold one on special occasions never have missed veterans day at the VFW.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 08:59 PM

Yet another if he is not on my side he must be on the other. And absolutely nothing to add to the argument. On either side.
Must be a reading comprehension issue. smile

So would you? If Jesus showed up and you were given the choice to offer either Jesus a joint or a glass of wine, which would it be?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 09:51 PM

I wouldn't have either on hand. I would have serious questions like where is my son and this not being married to my wife when I'm in heaven. If all the roads are gold and no dirt or gravel I don't have my wife or kids I'm not sure it's i a place I care to be or want to go. But that's me coming from an earthly view point.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 10:31 PM

Maybe Jesus would like both?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/26/23 10:34 PM

I wouldn't have either on hand. I would have serious questions like where is my son and this not being married to my wife when I'm in heaven. If all the roads are gold and no dirt or gravel I don't have my wife or kids I'm not sure it's i a place I care to be or want to go. But that's me coming from an earthly view point.

Things not understood here that bring sorrow will be understood there and joy will be all that i s felt. These things He already knows you wonder about and it will be known to you.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 12:23 AM

Maybe the government should be about protecting liberty and our sovereignty as a nation. Quit wasting all the money they take from us trying to protect us from ourselves.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 01:09 AM

Well Rex we do have a farmers sub fourm so drinking must be ok. May be a good tile to say I went to my wife's 38 year old aunts funeral on Monday. She will killed when the drunk she was riding with hit a tree. He walked away. I have never heard of a pot head geting stoned and beating his wife and kids. He would be more likely to eat all the kids snacks and chill out. But but he might move on to hard drugs. They say while overlooking thay startes on alcohol and tobacco and moved up to pot but the first two are ok but pot I'd the devil. Yet it's lost on them even when pointed out. The left doesn't have a monopoly on being a blind followers lemming and hypocrites.

ALL I asked for was a logical argument fact based for the criminalization of pot. I layed out several negatives . But I get nothing in return but emotionall ideological stances. I guess they really don't have an strong backed up stance outside it parrot what they have alway been told.

My son is dead because of drugs. Is that good enough?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Maybe the government should be about protecting liberty and our sovereignty as a nation. Quit wasting all the money they take from us trying to protect us from ourselves.

It needs to be repeated so..... once again. Guns do not kill people , people kill people, bad choices with guns kill people.

Its same with drugs. The drugs didn't do it. Alcohol didn't do it. Bad choices did it. (Cannabis didnt do it at all, dont confuse cannabis with bad drugs)

Some think its ok to take away a person's freedom to choose because they want to save us from ourselves. Its a person's choice for themselves within reason of course, but they dont get to dictate others freedom away.

Cannabis should of never been illegal, and now that wrong is being righted in many free states.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:26 AM

Spike 369 drugs are and have been Illegal. So how has that helped? Your son had no problems geting drugs and killing himself using them. I don't think if they were legal the outcome would change.

I understand you are heart broken and angry and blaming the drugs is an easy outlet. But not a single additional law would have changed a thing. But I'm sure that you can some how claim all the negative of the war o. Drugs are worth it even though your son still ended up dead by his own actions.

When my son was killed by a 19 year old that ran a red light there was someone to blame that's mistakes killed my innocent 16 month old son. If I had not been in icu 2 weeks and on a walker 5 months that guy would have been painfully killed. I know the loss of a son and feel deeply for you but emotion is not an effective stance that backs up and shows positive results . Infact you proved my point for me very well. The war on drugs is a failure and does not work.
Would you feel better if he would have drank himself to death becuse it's legal? Heck no!!

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 08:59 AM

I would like see LE focus on theft and assaults. Heck you cant even fill up your pickup anymore without prepay because LE refuses to do anything to gas thieves. Tobacco use has declined considerably due to education. I have no data but I doubt alcoholism is any higher now that it was when alcohol was illegal. Prohibition accomplishes NOTHING except to provide jobs and money to MILLIONS. Instead of drug task forces we need theft task forces.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 09:33 AM

Promoting the legalization of something which we all know is destructive is about the most foolish thing I've ever heard. Legalization legitimizes drug use. Democrats want to destroy this country with climate chance malarkey and it seems libertarians want to destroy this country with drug use. All in the name of freedom of course. Lol.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 10:18 AM

So J Staton, in the Theocracy government you propose, should we bring back stoning?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 11:25 AM

Spike 369 drugs are and have been Illegal. So how has that helped? Your son had no problems geting drugs and killing himself using them. I don't think if they were legal the outcome would change.

I understand you are heart broken and angry and blaming the drugs is an easy outlet. But not a single additional law would have changed a thing. But I'm sure that you can some how claim all the negative of the war o. Drugs are worth it even though your son still ended up dead by his own actions.

When my son was killed by a 19 year old that ran a red light there was someone to blame that's mistakes killed my innocent 16 month old son. If I had not been in icu 2 weeks and on a walker 5 months that guy would have been painfully killed. I know the loss of a son and feel deeply for you but emotion is not an effective stance that backs up and shows positive results . Infact you proved my point for me very well. The war on drugs is a failure and does not work.
Would you feel better if he would have drank himself to death becuse it's legal? Heck no!!

You are an enabler by pushing pot. Pot is just as dangerous as alcohol whether you smoke it or eat it. The red light has nothing to do with pot or alcohol unless you left something out like he was high on pot when he ran it. The reason the war on drugs hasn't worked is because of people like you pushing lies about its safety. THC is a dangerous drug. Would you push pot if all the THC was taken out? No you wouldn't, because hemp has been grown in the US for years to make rope. It has a very low THC content. No I don't drink alcohol and I don't push it either. Someone doing pot is just as hooked as an alcoholic when they deny they are hooked. OBTW, I didn't prove any point unless that point is pot is dangerous and deadly.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
So J Staton, in the Theocracy government you propose, should we bring back stoning?

Ain't that what y'all are supporting already, the stoning of 'we the people '

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 12:36 PM

So spike 369 you have no issue and are ok with all the negative things the war on drugs has created even though it does nothing to stop or slow the drugs down and your son still ended up dead. Got it.

I never once pushed pot I did say I saw first hand the benefits of it when mom was going through cancer treatment. And first hand experience from when I was younger and from what I saw from decaded long heavy users pot is not addictive. When a guy that uses every day for decades realize he no longer can get high and can quit cold turkey with zero negative effects or with draws it's not addictive. Prescription drugs cause more issues than pot.. I saw from man in the fetal passion crying un able to get up and go to work when he ran out of Prescription opioid.

Bottom line you are dug in have zero facts or anything to back up your stance other than emotion and parroting what you hear with no looming into it and then questioning what you are finding.

Basically just identy politics in another fourm.

To summarize you are ok with militarization of the police, no knock warrants, asset forfeiture, filling prisons with nonviolent violent offenders and letting rapest and murders out early due to the over crouding, bloated police budgets and on and on. Even though the policies and programs do absolutely nothing to stop or slow drug use. All becuse drugs are bad and at least we are doing something doesn't mater if it's not working we must need more of that something. Govern me harder daddy. Sounds a lot like Democrats on guns and trapping. I guess you just can't get away from social programming and human nature.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 01:37 PM

Just looked it up Marijuana deaths are a handful each year compared to prescription drugs, and drinking deaths is way more than both of them put together. But once again drinking is accepted because of the money involved.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:00 PM

Only DemonRats smoke the Devil's Lettuce. "Conservatives" get drunk. Unless it's Bud Lite because it turns you gay.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:16 PM

Trapper 7 sure a lot of people smoke cigarettes that don't smoke pot. A lot of pot smokers also don’t go on to other drugs what's your point. Most all pot smokers did start with cigarettes. Then moved up to include pot.

If you use your pot argument the Same as cigarettes you can see hoe silly your pot argument is.

J Staton I'm not the morality police. I'm also not advocating or saying I think people should smoke pot. You seem to have the same mind set as o he doesn't think 100%of what Trump did was great so he must be for Biden mind set.

. Look back I said making pot illegal did more harm than good.. that it's people's choice to smoke pot or take their wife to an orgy. I don't believe it's my job or place to tell them what they can or can't do.

It's not my job as a believer to look down on people and be judgmental or make choices for them. Infact I can't make anyone do anything.
It is my job to share the gospel and live it out and set an example. The rest is God's department. He opens minds and hearts changing desires and behaviors. Not me . I believe in freedom being open about your failures, not trying to act like a sant. All that does is turn people off and away and they see nothing but a hypocrite.
Jesus didn't stay in the temples he went to the streets among the sinners and the sin. He got his hands dirty.

Giving guidance and understanding, living as an example will have a more positive effect than making things illegal. It does not make it hard to get at all. It just gives more power to the government and those with limited perspective a feel good measure.

What I'm saying is I have seen it first hand the dangers for some people who smoke pot. I was asked by a therapist to sit in on a few sessions regarding my son who was in treatment. My son said he starting smoking pot and it wasn't enough, so he got into heavier drugs. There were other people in the program who agreed with him and said the same was true with them. My kid has been in and out of treatment. His first wife divorced him because of his drug abuse. Right now, his second marriage is on the rocks for the same reason. I think your statements trying to justify pot smoking are flimsy.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:19 PM

Does he drink?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:20 PM

And I have seen first hand what drinking does.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Spike369

My son is dead because of drugs. Is that good enough?

Mine isn't yet, but it won't surprise me if he is one of these days. If you've read some of my posts on this subject. The majority of people on cocaine, opium, etc, are pot graduates. Sorry for your loss. I keep praying for my kid.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:28 PM

So spike 369 you have no issue and are ok with all the negative things the war on drugs has created even though it does nothing to stop or slow the drugs down and your son still ended up dead. Got it.

I never once pushed pot I did say I saw first hand the benefits of it when mom was going through cancer treatment. And first hand experience from when I was younger and from what I saw from decaded long heavy users pot is not addictive. When a guy that uses every day for decades realize he no longer can get high and can quit cold turkey with zero negative effects or with draws it's not addictive. Prescription drugs cause more issues than pot.. I saw from man in the fetal passion crying un able to get up and go to work when he ran out of Prescription opioid.

Bottom line you are dug in have zero facts or anything to back up your stance other than emotion and parroting what you hear with no looming into it and then questioning what you are finding.

To summarize you are ok with militarization of the police, no knock warrants, asset forfeiture, filling prisons with nonviolent violent offenders and letting rapest and murders out early due to the over crouding, bloated police budgets and on and on. Even though the policies and programs do absolutely nothing to stop or slow drug use. All becuse drugs are bad and at least we are doing something doesn't mater if it's not working we must need more of that something. Govern me harder daddy. Sounds a lot like Democrats on guns and trapping. I guess you just can't get away from social programming and human nature.

Nope and none of that has anything to do with you being a stoner or enabling the killing and maiming of our children. You have taken too many drugs to even think clearly. You are way off topic. Pot is dangerous, PERIOD! that's what this thread is about. It isn't about you showing us how much you don't know about pot!

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:34 PM

Trapper7, I will pray for your son. Hope he figures it out before it's too late.my grandson just got out of jail for selling pot. His brain is so messed up he doesn't even know he's in trouble. Anyone supporting it doesn't have their head on straight. But you can't tell them, they won't listen. They are like providence farm. Anyway my prayers go out to you and you family.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:37 PM

Nope and none of that has anything to do with you being a stoner or enabling the killing and maiming of our children. You have taken too many drugs to even think clearly. You are way off topic. Pot is dangerous, PERIOD! that's what this thread is about. It isn't about you showing us how much you don't know about pot!

How does anything you've said have anything to do with pot smoking? It sounds like once pot smoking is legalized we will see things like no knock warrants, defunding police, nonviolent offenders incarcerated, rapists and murders out early, etc all eliminated according to you. What does this have to do with pot smoking? Makes no sense.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:40 PM

Trapper7, I will pray for your son. Hope he figures it out before it's too late.my grandson just got out of jail for selling pot. His brain is so messed up he doesn't even know he's in trouble. Anyone supporting it doesn't have their head on straight. But you can't tell them, they won't listen. They are like providence farm. Anyway my prayers go out to you and you family.

Spike, just because they haven't seen the dangers first hand, they don't believe it can happen.
Thank you so much for your prayers. My prayers are with you and your grandson.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:47 PM

Trapper 7 obviously it's pot's fault for not being strong enough. The laws are obviously working and it should be made more supper illegal. I'm sure that will help. If only you give the government complete control of everything they know best after all. It's not like drugs even make their way into prison.

Did does your some smoke cigarettes and or vap and drink. I'm sure he did some of those before he moved on to pot.

Your son is missing something in his life he desperately needs and that is a relationship with Christ. That is the only thing that will help him overcome his addiction and Change his heart and desires.

Just like with guns a nut with a gun will kill people nothing will stop them from geting a gun and doing so. Gun laws only affect the law abiding.

No laws will stop the drugs but they will infring on people rights.

For every sapnstoyr of pot being the entry point and the cause of someone moving into hard drugs ther are many more that are casual users and have no problems. Some people drink a few beers some become alcoholics and it runs and controls their life. It's the same thing. Some have no control.

One thing is for sure your son wants the drugs more than he wants his wife's, kids, job, his life. Thats is not the drugs fault any more than its the guns fault it used in a shooting. And no law is going to save him. And you proved the laws don't work. So you are Also advocating for failed ineffective policies that don't protect whom you want but harm others. Makes good since like reasonable gun control and creaps just the same.

Blaim the drugs it's easier than putting the blame squarely where it belongs. Reminds me of my inlaws making excuses and enabling my brother in law. He'll with them I will go so far as to say the enabling and making excuses created the problems long before the drugs became an issue.

Just becuse I put the blame on the individual and hold them accountable dose not mean I live in a vacume under a rock. News flash drugs are everywhere in every single family. My brother in law has a lotnofnissues and barely is not in prison. One of my sisters boyfriends in in federal prison for dealing and on and on.

ALL GREAT EXAMPLES AND PROOF THE WAR ON DRUGS AND DRUG LAWS DO NOT WORK. Mean while ther eus a family burying their family member becuse a mutual time vilont felon was released early again due to over crouding and he immediately did what he laws did and went back to robbing and crim killing said family member.

Spike and trapper 7 you have emotional blinders on and only see and think about your kids and situations. You don't look around and see the full picture and results. You only care about your litle prospective.

I feel for you both. I lost a son and kno what pain. My brother in law was 8 when I started dating my wife. I taught him to hunt trap shoot like I would my own kid brother. But I was not his parents and could not correct his problem behavior when they made excuses and let it go. So his path keep going down hill.

Keep living in your bubbles it's safer and easier that way than questioning and evaluating your beliefs objectively.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 02:58 PM

My biggest concern on this thread is believers trying to justify what's bad (drug use) as something good.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 03:05 PM

Trapper 7 obviously it's pot's fault for not being strong enough. The laws are obviously working and it should be made more supper illegal. I'm sure that will help. If only you give the government complete control of everything they know best after all. It's not like drugs even make their way into prison.

Did does your some smoke cigarettes and or vap and drink. I'm sure he did some of those before he moved on to pot.

Your son is missing something in his life he desperately needs and that is a relationship with Christ. That is the only thing that will help him overcome his addiction and Change his heart and desires.

Just like with guns a nut with a gun will kill people nothing will stop them from geting a gun and doing so. Gun laws only affect the law abiding.

No laws will stop the drugs but they will infring on people rights.

For every sapnstoyr of pot being the entry point and the cause of someone moving into hard drugs ther are many more that are casual users and have no problems. Some people drink a few beers some become alcoholics and it runs and controls their life. It's the same thing. Some have no control.

One thing is for sure your son wants the drugs more than he wants his wife's, kids, job, his life. Thats is not the drugs fault any more than its the guns fault it used in a shooting. And no law is going to save him. And you proved the laws don't work. So you are Also advocating for failed ineffective policies that don't protect whom you want but harm others. Makes good since like reasonable gun control and creaps just the same.

Blaim the drugs it's easier than putting the blame squarely where it belongs. Reminds me of my inlaws making excuses and enabling my brother in law. He'll with them I will go so far as to say the enabling and making excuses created the problems long before the drugs became an issue.

No, he doesn't smoke cigarettes according to his wife and what I've seen.

I agree with a the relationship with Christ. That's his only hope; that and prayer.

Currently, it's illegal for a felon to own a gun. So, we should make it legal for everyone to own a gun regardless of their history because it's infringing on their rights not to.

You still don't get it. Sure my son made a choice when he started smoking pot. Nobody to blame except him. He claimed at the time that all his buddies were smoking it so he did too.

According to you, a person should be allowed to do whatever they want when it comes to rights. Then they should legalize cocaine, opium, fentanyl, etc, We should have a right to choose without government intrusion, it's our right.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 03:14 PM

My biggest concern on this thread is believers trying to justify what's bad (drug use) as something good.

And here is the problem. You assumed becuse I'm for legalizing drugs that I think they are good. You comprehend there is good and bad in everything in this broken world. Things can be both. Pot is great for cancer patients I seen this first hand. Guess what mom has not had any since finishing treatments and didn't move on to hard drugs and end up dead. How in the world is that possible OMG. Ita also good for vets with ptsd.

Pain pills are great after a surgery or injury. But many get hooked and then get cut off and them move to buying them on the street or on to cheaper street drugs. Yet your not saying ban pain pills.

Booze helps destroy many life's and family's your not saying make that illegal.

Guns kill lots of people, car crashed kill thousands of times more but you don't want to ban them.

Constancy and personal accountability are things of the past. Blaim it on something not the person,not the environment, or upbringing. Don't look at the big picture and negatives the war on drugs is directly responsible for. Just keep on with the same thing.

Hey I think Trump sucked on guns. That doesn't mean I voted for or like Biden . It's just a fact he sucked on guns and I'm willing to admit it.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 03:20 PM

Yes trapper 7 freedom is scarry and has risk. Make bad choices deal with the fall out.

Yes felon should have gun rights. Omg he is crazy saying that. Hmm well if they are not safe to be on the street thay soulod be locked up or better yet have been executed freeing up space saving cost and making a nice deterrent. But if they paid their debt and are deemed safe to be on the street then they have the same right to defend themselves as you and I. They have the same right to employment without the felon stigma over their head as well.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 03:25 PM

Jesus doesn't like you getting drunk.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 03:34 PM

Jesus hates sin. But we ALL are sinners. One sin is no better or worse than the other. I promise I have plenty to go around.

Blain they just can't seem to see the hypocrisy or have the ability to reasion question and reflect, but they honestly mean well. Just like the moms demand action and every town for gun safety. Those people truly believe it's the guns fault.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 05:17 PM

PC you just don't seem to get it, when you promote legalization of a substance, like it or not your promoting the substance.. You are literally arguing with a man that lost his son to drugs that he's wrong in believing in his son's case pot was his gateway drug.
BTW, when did this become about medicinal use?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 05:19 PM

Glad to see you may have opened a Bible BC.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 05:46 PM

Well no matter what the old rednecks think. For the average person pot is harmless. Much more so than every other drug including chewing tobacco and cigarettes, and of course alcohol.

State after state are voting on the legalization of cannabis. Even conservative states are. So that means most of the country dont buy into the false narrative that cannabis is dangerous. Its not.

I know alot of cannabis users and none are into other heavy drugs, or even alcohol so the gateway drug dont fly with me.

Only stupid people do meth,coke, heroin, fentanyl. those are bad and will kill you.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 05:48 PM

PC you just don't seem to get it, when you promote legalization of a substance, like it or not your promoting the substance.. You are literally arguing with a man that lost his son to drugs that he's wrong in believing in his son's case pot was his gateway drug.

You don't understand freedom and actions have reactions and consequences or persional responsibility. you can't see anything outside your limited view. There are many like this so your not alone.

Drugs should never have been illegal to begin with. I'm promoting smaller government less government controls and restrictions on the people. See it how you want and keep your blinders on.

My boys know I won't tolerate certain behavior. They get quick and severe responses to poor behavior. They know actions have consequences. They have seen be turn my back on their uncle and forbid him from coming around when he was using and for over a year AFTER he was clean. They know dad won't pick them up and make excuses for them if they take tha same path. I'm fair and loving but hard. More people should try being a parent instead of their friends.

Ok so pot was what got his son on to harder drugs. That doesn't automatically mean it's that way for everyone or that pain pills you approve of don't do the same but at a higher rate . Or that for every one persion that destroyed their life with drugs, alcohol, gambling, ect there are 100 that can Handel it fine with no ill effects
I'm sorry his son chose to start using drugs and that it ultimately lead to his death it breaks my heart to hear that and your son is on the same path. BUT that does not mean you can tell others what they can and can't put into their own body. Hay my daughter fell and shot herself with the pistol she was carrying to shot a coon in a trap in the garden. No mor handguns for you for trapping. Only a death ray or ax Handel for you.

It's obvious you can't see past your own dug in view. That ok. You can't not even once respond with a single pice of fact or info on how drugs being illegal is a positive for society or has been effective. Why becuse you can't. You can't change minds or open minds of people with feelings if they are using logic. Feelings can be backed up with facts and it's good to be passionate about topics IF you can back them up with a reasonable fact based presentation. Baring that your just are using the democrats aproch.

I don't like prostitution any more than I like strung out dope heads but I don't think it should be illegal either.
It's people's bodies they can sleep with who they want for fun, love, reproduction, or for cash. Or any combo.
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 07:18 PM

I tend to think moderation is key to a longer life.There are lots of ways to kill yourself, both slow and fast ways.
65% of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight. Overweight and obesity are the fifth leading risk for global deaths. At least 2.8 million adults die each year as a result of being overweight or obese.

Obesity is second only to cigarette smoking as a leading preventable death in the U.S. Nearly one in five deaths of African Americans and Caucasians age 40 to 85 is attributed to obesity, a rate that is increasing across generations.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 07:54 PM

You don't understand freedom and actions have reactions and consequences or persional responsibility. you can't see anything outside your limited view. There are many like this so your not alone.

Drugs should never have been illegal to begin with. I'm promoting smaller government less government controls and restrictions on the people. See it how you want and keep your blinders on.

My boys know I won't tolerate certain behavior. They get quick and severe responses to poor behavior. They know actions have consequences. They have seen be turn my back on their uncle and forbid him from coming around when he was using and for over a year AFTER he was clean. They know dad won't pick them up and make excuses for them if they take tha same path. I'm fair and loving but hard. More people should try being a parent instead of their friends.

Ok so pot was what got his son on to harder drugs. That doesn't automatically mean it's that way for everyone or that pain pills you approve of don't do the same but at a higher rate . Or that for every one persion that destroyed their life with drugs, alcohol, gambling, ect there are 100 that can Handel it fine with no ill effects
I'm sorry his son chose to start using drugs and that it ultimately lead to his death it breaks my heart to hear that and your son is on the same path. BUT that does not mean you can tell others what they can and can't put into their own body. Hay my daughter fell and shot herself with the pistol she was carrying to shot a coon in a trap in the garden. No mor handguns for you for trapping. Only a death ray or ax Handel for you.

It's obvious you can't see past your own dug in view. That ok. You can't not even once respond with a single pice of fact or info on how drugs being illegal is a positive for society or has been effective. Why becuse you can't. You can't change minds or open minds of people with feelings if they are using logic. Feelings can be backed up with facts and it's good to be passionate about topics IF you can back them up with a reasonable fact based presentation. Baring that your just are using the democrats aproch.

I don't like prostitution any more than I like strung out dope heads but I don't think it should be illegal either.
It's people's bodies they can sleep with who they want for fun, love, reproduction, or for cash. Or any combo.

A political ideology can easily become an idol. I go to church with a bunch of democrats. When asked how can they support the abortion of an image bearer of God they balk and say they don't support abortion but they support a woman's right to choose an abortion. confused

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 09:05 PM

According to the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration pot smoking can cause:

Permanent IQ loss.
Mental Health: Studies show regular use has been known to cause depression, anxiety, suicidal and psychotic episodes.
Athletic Performance: Loss of timing and coordination.
Driving: People under the influence experience dangerous effects such as slower reaction time, lane weaving, and decreased coordination.
Alcohol arrests are number one for impaired driving. Pot arrests are second. Legalization will increase those numbers. Maybe even take over the number one spot?
Pregnancy: MJ use during pregnancy can cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillborn, and problems with brain development. THC can be passed on from the mother to the baby through the mother's breast milk further impacting a child's healthy development.

Mayo Clinic has stated some of things as well and has said in some cases it is a gateway drug.

Doesn't sound very harmless to me.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 09:12 PM

Alcohol we all know what it does. Should it be band? I mean its track record is a lot worse than pot. Or should it be used in moderation? Or like now should we just turn or heads because were used to it.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 10:25 PM

Have you ever read the warning on the back of a can of welding rods. Sounds worse than what you came up with for pot. Also all those things can be said for alcohol but your not for making it illegal.

As far as your Democrat supporters at church. Thay support the woman's right to murder her child. That much different than supporting people's rights to consumers substances. It's far from killing another human.

If you were for baning alcohol, fast food/sweets and sodas and pain pills I would give your stance more respect. But to pick out pot and say the others that also cause as much or more harm takes away creditable.

Lots of things cause harm and are bad for you. Heck how many die in auto accidents. We should ban private ownership of vehicals. After all if it saves just one life.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 11:30 PM

I can’t believe y’all are still arguing over this.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

It's a slow day at work what can I say.

It's like politics when people mind is closed no amount of discussion will help. Myself I was back and forth on the issue for a long time untill freedom, personal responsibility, less government and the fact the war on drug is a failure. So my post are not for those with their mind made up one way or the other but for those on the fence and to provoke thougt and reflection on their own personal values and beliefs.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/27/23 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

………….. Narley Dude.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 12:18 AM

On a bright note, recreational weed will be legal in Minnesota one week from today. And, in a hold my beer and watch this moment, the bill eliminates any repercussions for children to partake. They can't legally purchase, but they have eliminated all the legal consequences of possessing or using, if you are a minor. What could, possibly, go wrong?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
On a bright note, recreational weed will be legal in Minnesota one week from today. And, in a hold my beer and watch this moment, the bill eliminates any repercussions for children to partake. They can't legally purchase, but they have eliminated all the legal consequences of possessing or using, if you are a minor. What could, possibly, go wrong?

You could learn a trade and avoid college debt?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 12:41 AM

I think people should be able to make bad choices as well as good ones. Its called freedom.

In 1937 the surgeon general told congress that marijuana made black men rape white women. True story. So Congress banned it and began a campaign to demonize its use. a lot of lies have been fed to us since. also a fact.

I SUSPECT that the organized crime gangs helped to keep it and other drugs illegal to keep profits up. They lost billions when the Volstead act was repealed. Needed a new drug to keep business going. The smugglers, routes, and distribution networks were already established.

its even a bigger business now. Judges, lawyers, court forced rehab at users expense, DEA, private for profit prisons, loss of rights, on and on and on. Drug prohibition is big business and needs to end.

FACT, anyone that wants any drug, anywhere in our country, has no trouble getting it. Prohibition is a complete failure and only serves to promote more corruption from the local traffic cop all the way up to federal legislators.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 12:49 AM

pot is harmless. Much more so than every other drug including chewing tobacco and cigarettes, and of course alcohol.

State after state are voting on the legalization of cannabis. Even conservative states are. So that means most of the country dont buy into the false narrative that cannabis is dangerous.

Saying that pot is ok because it's less harmful than alcohol is kind of like saying it's ok to cut off a finger because it's better than cutting off 2 fingers.
Yes state after state is legalizing dope but we also have drag queen story hour for the kids and rainbow flags all over and all other manner of cultural decline in state after state. Legal pot is just one more sign of the decline. Here when they legalized dope it was the Dutch as in the Netherlands that wrote that ballot initiative and bought and paid for that victory. Why because they were already in the dope business up to their red eyeballs so they could step right in and get the ball rolling. I'm not sure now how much of the dope profits in AK still go to Amsterdam but I'm thinking plenty. This is the same bunch that won't wear fur because they're too evolved and so burn the muskrats they kill to keep them from ruining their dikes and flooding them out. Not only that but when crap like legal pot makes it on the ballot every manner of leftwing kook comes out to vote it in so there are down ballot problems as well when they vote for their leftwing comrades. Now we have a purple state and the antis trappers are breathing down our neck more and more. Alaska is changing so trappers have get back is their dopey mantra. Is AK going lefty because of legal dope? Well it's sure not helping! I don't care if you smoke pot or not I just don't like dope stores all over and in your face. Sends a bad message to the kids. Kinda like drag queens in the park sends a bad message to kids. AK had it so you could grow your own in your house before, I wish it was still that way.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 12:52 AM

Have you ever read the warning on the back of a can of welding rods. Sounds worse than what you came up with for pot. Also all those things can be said for alcohol but your not for making it illegal.

As far as your Democrat supporters at church. Thay support the woman's right to murder her child. That much different than supporting people's rights to consumers substances. It's far from killing another human.

If you were for baning alcohol, fast food/sweets and sodas and pain pills I would give your stance more respect. But to pick out pot and say the others that also cause as much or more harm takes away creditable.

Lots of things cause harm and are bad for you. Heck how many die in auto accidents. We should ban private ownership of vehicals. After all if it saves just one life.

Red Herrings. Welding rods contribute much more good than bad. So do cars. So do guns. Dope doesn't except possibly in limited circumstances like cancer.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 12:57 AM

pot is harmless. Much more so than every other drug including chewing tobacco and cigarettes, and of course alcohol.

State after state are voting on the legalization of cannabis. Even conservative states are. So that means most of the country dont buy into the false narrative that cannabis is dangerous.

Saying that pot is ok because it's less harmful than alcohol is kind of like saying it's ok to cut off a finger because it's better than cutting off 2 fingers.
Yes state after state is legalizing dope but we also have drag queen story hour for the kids and rainbow flags all over and all other manner of cultural decline in state after state. Legal pot is just one more sign of the decline. Here when they legalized dope it was the Dutch as in the Netherlands that wrote that ballot initiative and bought and paid for that victory. Why because they were already in the dope business up to their red eyeballs so they could step right in and get the ball rolling. I'm not sure now how much of the dope profits in AK still go to Amsterdam but I'm thinking plenty. This is the same bunch that won't wear fur because they're too evolved and so burn the muskrats they kill to keep them from ruining their dikes and flooding them out. Not only that but when crap like legal pot makes it on the ballot every manner of leftwing kook comes out to vote it in so there are down ballot problems as well when they vote for their leftwing comrades. Now we have a purple state and the antis trappers are breathing down our neck more and more. Alaska is changing so trappers have get back is their dopey mantra. Is AK going lefty because of legal dope? Well it's sure not helping! I don't care if you smoke pot or not I just don't like dope stores all over and in your face. Sends a bad message to the kids. Kinda like drag queens in the park sends a bad message to kids. AK had it so you could grow your own in your house before, I wish it was still that way.

Marijuana turns you gay. And your fingers fall off.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 01:00 AM

Speak for yourself. YJ ain't gay and he's still got all 10 far as I know. But you may have a point; get stoned and cut your finger off with a table saw or something. That sure wouldn[t surprise me.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 01:06 AM

It's still illegal no matter what your state decides. It's Federally illegal but the Feds don't want to pursue it. I'm sure one day the Feds will give in and make it legal.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by silkyplainscoyot
It's still illegal no matter what your state decides. It's Federally illegal but the Feds don't want to pursue it. I'm sure one day the Feds will give in and make it legal.

Or, use it as a reason to confiscate your firearms.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 05:56 AM

The people of Alaska voted and they overwhelmingly voted in favor of decriminalizing a substance that was harmless. I voted in favor as well. One stipulation was it had to be a Alaskan resident owner for the business. Makes perfect sense and keeps the money here.

To say cannabis users are drag queens and are responsible for the left wing movement is not at all correct. There are people on both sides just like there are gay drinkers and construction worker drinkers.

Also you dont seam to have a problem with a bar on every corner, what about the poor kids ?

You should start a thread about fourth Avenue and how alcoholics degenerated the whole downtown of Anchorage, or 2nd ave in FBX if you want to see "increased mental health problems" lol

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 09:37 AM

Totally harmless...
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/smoki...cigarettes-study-finds/story?id=93283206

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 09:43 AM

The question isn't rather or not its harmless. The question is why do you want a government that tries to parent you?

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 10:11 AM

Danny I've always thought that marijuana should have been regulated about like the grass in a pasture, but .gov went there and let the genie out of the bottle. Your not going to get it back in. If you legalize drugs now, you legitimize drugs. We could drop all regulations concerning drugs but you know as well as I that's not going to happen. Legal weed is big money for the funding of the bureaucracy and their "parenting" ways in other matters.
In my discussion with Providence Farm, I'm trying to make him understand that he is promoting a destructive behavior(sin) and that's the devil's job not the believers. Even you as an atheist with knowledge of the faith can probably understand that.
Posted By: TC1

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 10:12 AM

Truth spoken, here. Moral decline is real, and it’s happening quickly, just another piece of the pie…. Sad

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 01:06 PM

That article is sad. Yes inhaling Any smoke is bad for you don't need a study to know that. How many pot smokers also smok or vape in their study. I didn't see that broken down. Then they try to linke pot as the most uses drug. Well what's your criteria. Miss use of prescription drugs and drinking far exceed pot but leave that out. Just another junk corolation equals confirmation artical where thay picked the data inputed to get desired results.

J station you seem to want to be judgmental on any believer that has a different opinion than you and take a condescending your not believing right stand. We are not called to be judgmental or the morality police. We ask called to share the gospel and live our life as an example to others. The rest is God's job. No where does it say judge others and controls their behavior for their own good. Or give more power to the government that says Christians are a threat..
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It is ashamed so many that claim to be pro gun pro constitution only think that extends to what they approve of.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/28/23 01:21 PM

That article is sad. Yes inhaling Any smoke is bad for you don't need a study to know that. How many pot smokers also smok or vape in their study. I didn't see that broken down. Then they try to linke pot as the most uses drug. Well what's your criteria. Miss use of prescription drugs and drinking far exceed pot but leave that out. Just another junk corolation equals confirmation artical where thay picked the data inputed to get desired results.

J station you seem to want to be judgmental on any believer that has a different opinion than you and take a condescending your not believing right stand. We are not called to be judgmental or the morality police. We ask called to share the gospel and live our life as an example to others. The rest is God's job. No where does it say judge others and controls their behavior for their own good. Or give more power to the government that says Christians are a threat..
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It is ashamed so many that claim to be pro gun pro constitution only think that extends to what they approve of.

Most of the usual whiners here are not actually pro-gun or pro-Constitution. They only care about their deer rifle and only care about the Constitution (which they've never read) when it suits them.

Re: Marijuana and Massive Increase in Mental Illness - 07/31/23 01:47 AM

Danny I've always thought that marijuana should have been regulated about like the grass in a pasture, but .gov went there and let the genie out of the bottle. Your not going to get it back in. If you legalize drugs now, you legitimize drugs. We could drop all regulations concerning drugs but you know as well as I that's not going to happen. Legal weed is big money for the funding of the bureaucracy and their "parenting" ways in other matters.
In my discussion with Providence Farm, I'm trying to make him understand that he is promoting a destructive behavior(sin) and that's the devil's job not the believers. Even you as an atheist with knowledge of the faith can probably understand that.

Revelations 22 11

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

If you want more Roman's should cover it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums