No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New scope [Re: danny clifton] #7634948
07/25/22 06:07 PM
07/25/22 06:07 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Danny. In all seriousness DONT get a 6.5 creedmore Just get a 308. Load up OR buy 155 grain bullets. WHY creedmore is all advertising. The 308 same recoil. Cheap to shoot. Better barrell life Less tick to hand load. More bullet sellection then 6.5 bullets. The list goes on. It you are dead set and just want a 6.5 creedmore. Then get it BUT 308 is all you need for 1000 and less.

Re: New scope [Re: danny clifton] #7634953
07/25/22 06:12 PM
07/25/22 06:12 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Steeltraps more power to ya. I know it can be done. Just know too not by many. Heck very few people want to spend that much money on a firearm.

If you want to shoot at a gong at a thousand with a cheap rifle in 6.5 creedmoor then by all means blaze away. Dont shoot at animals at that distance with that rifle though.

Danny. I feel VERY confident at 1000 yards or less WHEN i usw to deer hunt. I quit 2 years ago. Just to busy. Shooting is a fluid skill You must shoot ALOT to make the long shots. Back when i shot competion in F Class. I would put 6 to 7000 rds down range a year. Special Force shoot so good. Because they shoot 12-15 thound rounds a year down range. I have friend thats X Delta Force Lots of my ELR shooting comes from there. You MUST shoot alot AND be able to control you heart rate to shoot aniamal long range

Re: New scope [Re: Golf ball] #7634957
07/25/22 06:17 PM
07/25/22 06:17 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
A 4x16x50. Vortex PST if you can find a old 1 in a box is about 500.Gov Agency uses them. Their tuff AND i have take some out ti 1400 yards with that scope. Shoot measures targets = tracks well. Repeats 0 tuff scope for little money. Good cross hairs. Always level = some scopes have canted reticles. Leupold is Famous for the that

Re: New scope [Re: steeltraps] #7635159
07/25/22 10:57 PM
07/25/22 10:57 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Online sleepy
trapper
Wolfdog91  Online Sleepy
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by steeltraps
A 4x16x50. Vortex PST if you can find a old 1 in a box is about 500.Gov Agency uses them. Their tuff AND i have take some out ti 1400 yards with that scope. Shoot measures targets = tracks well. Repeats 0 tuff scope for little money. Good cross hairs. Always level = some scopes have canted reticles. Leupold is Famous for the that

How do feel about SWFA and their fixed power stuff ?

Re: New scope [Re: Golf ball] #7635218
07/26/22 02:05 AM
07/26/22 02:05 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Shooting long distance at a gong, rock wall, or targets is fun. I have always worked at analyzing the input to the shot, even drinking no to little caffeine before or during shooting. Same for anything sweet. Too many unwanted jitters. Growing up in a rural area with my own guns and a great friend, we pushed and coached each other to improve and excel. I have always worked at and succeeded at being an excellent marksman.

I have always practiced with gun, bow, shotgun, and handgun at distances farther than I would actually shoot an animal. It makes the closer shots seem easier and I have good confidence.

You guys sound expert enough that I would like to go shooting together so you could demonstrate your systems and equipment in action.

Best wishes!

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: New scope [Re: Golf ball] #7635338
07/26/22 08:28 AM
07/26/22 08:28 AM
N E,Ohio
O
ohiosnareman Offline
trapper
ohiosnareman  Offline
trapper
O

N E,Ohio
If you want to see what can be done at long range go to http://www.ridgwayrifleclub.com/ and look at the varmint silhouette results . The guys that shoot there have some of the finest guns and scopes money can buy , and they know how to use them . The course of fire is quite interesting . There are some u tube videos of the matches if you care to look them up . I have shot in many matches at Ridgway over the last 40years but never this one . I shot a lot out to 500 meters . That was all offhand shooting . Never been a shoot from rest guy . They sometimes put the equipment list on the site for the varmint match . Lots of very high priced equipment . I did get to shoot one of the match founders rifles one day at the 1000 yard coyote targets . He was there testing loads ,and offered to let me have a go at it . Hit two for three with his coaching . Great fun . His rig was about $ 9,000 worth of stuff . Way out of my price range . Look the Ridgeway site up if you like long range . Some of you fellows sound like you might like to show your stuff at one of the matches .

old and tested
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread