No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7421779
12/04/21 12:41 PM
12/04/21 12:41 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
The cop has no way of knowing that the person facing away from him even heard him, I would not have, so for all you comply or die advocates; just program your cops to shoot everybody who is looking the other way, no need to shout stop just go ahead and shoot.
No one ever knows if the person who doesn't respond heard or understood them, so why give the order in the first place? Just shoot already and call the cleaners.

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: danny clifton] #7421821
12/04/21 01:35 PM
12/04/21 01:35 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by danny clifton
yep. comply or die

Do the crime do the time. If a jury of his peers finds it a bad shoot that's exactly what will happen. Not everybody should be a cop.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7421825
12/04/21 01:44 PM
12/04/21 01:44 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
I learned when I was a child not to put myself into these situations, and I've never been shot. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

That's probably the dumbest post I've read on this thread. And rvsask is posting on this thread.

Eh...wot?

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7421826
12/04/21 01:46 PM
12/04/21 01:46 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by walleye101
Why bother to have trials anymore when we can just post select pieces of Wallmart video and media reports of what happened and everyone can vote on guilty or not. Police chief and mayor have already decided, so who needs due process?

This^^^

Yep. Very troubling. They fear being cancelled by the mob.

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7421827
12/04/21 01:47 PM
12/04/21 01:47 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
The way things are going we won't have to worry about cop shootings, there won't be any cops.

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: Lugnut] #7421833
12/04/21 01:50 PM
12/04/21 01:50 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
I learned when I was a child not to put myself into these situations, and I've never been shot. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

That's probably the dumbest post I've read on this thread. And rvsask is posting on this thread.

grin
I can take and appreciate a good jab.

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: rvsask] #7421836
12/04/21 01:55 PM
12/04/21 01:55 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by rvsask
Some of you guys kill me. grin

The world is watching you and laughing. But the exceptionalism you’re taught has you blind to it. Anyways, time to throw my gun on my back and skidoo out to snare some western heavy coyotes off the remains of a big whitetail my kid shot with his gun , so awful here in Pakistanada.

Bye,,bye...we will miss you.HAHahaha NOT

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7421837
12/04/21 01:57 PM
12/04/21 01:57 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Bring back the night sticks.

And on another somewhat related topic, ban those stupid scooters. Most people I see rolling around on them could use the exercise.

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7421848
12/04/21 02:16 PM
12/04/21 02:16 PM
Oregon
SpottedOwl Offline
trapper
SpottedOwl  Offline
trapper

Oregon
It may be important that people realize that while he may be a police officer, he was not acting in that capacity at the time this happened. If he was not in an official police capacity, are all those "rules of engagement" taken off the table? What does acting as Walmart security and receipt checker change the rules and requirements too? Is a taser the only method of non lethal available? The majority of media that I have seen is pushing as a "police involved" shooting. We aren’t being told the accurate information that they have let alone any truth, just what will spin things up.

Owl

Spend time with your kids while THEY still have time

Your life is an occasion ..... Rise to it
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7421853
12/04/21 02:35 PM
12/04/21 02:35 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Sounds like the guy just needed to steal some tools from Lowes,,,to go in the tool box he stole from Walmart???

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: SpottedOwl] #7421859
12/04/21 02:41 PM
12/04/21 02:41 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by SpottedOwl
It may be important that people realize that while he may be a police officer, he was not acting in that capacity at the time this happened. If he was not in an official police capacity, are all those "rules of engagement" taken off the table? What does acting as Walmart security and receipt checker change the rules and requirements too? Is a taser the only method of non lethal available? The majority of media that I have seen is pushing as a "police involved" shooting. We aren’t being told the accurate information that they have let alone any truth, just what will spin things up.

Owl

The same rules apply to anyone, whether you're a cop, security guard, or just a regular Joe blow.....deadly force is for deadly situations. You can defend your life or the life of those around you. Cops and security guards don't get special dispensation to use deadly force for other reasons. Cops of course have reasons to point guns at people and get involved in situations for reasons that civilians could never use. For example, I as a civilian, have no business going around pulling people out of their cars at gunpoint doing felony traffic stops. But the actual use of deadly force is the same no matter who you are.

Last edited by loosegoose; 12/04/21 02:44 PM.
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: upstateNY] #7421876
12/04/21 03:12 PM
12/04/21 03:12 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Sounds like the guy just needed to steal some tools from Lowes,,,to go in the tool box he stole from Walmart???

Sounds harmless enough.
Like the guy who robbed someone because he needed money to buy school books. No foul.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7421935
12/04/21 04:35 PM
12/04/21 04:35 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Looks pretty bad to me to also.

But, the suspect did already threaten someone with a deadly weapon and was headed back to populated store. Looks like suspect may have been reaching for a lighter or ciggs judging by him dropping them when he's shot. No way to know 100% if the guy is disabled or not. Or know what he was reaching for as he's entering the store. Also looks more like he was shot in the side or at least 1/4 away rather than in the back. JMO

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: Trapset] #7421954
12/04/21 05:21 PM
12/04/21 05:21 PM
Michigan
F
Fur Hanger Offline
trapper
Fur Hanger  Offline
trapper
F

Michigan
Originally Posted by Trapset
Gotta be more to the story IMO.

Always is.

The media cuts a edits the video to tell the story that they want us to believe. They never show what the so called innocent person was doing that caused the police to show up. The news media never has a headline saying something like. Armed fugitive is shot by police for resisting arrest. They always say something like. Police gun down a innocent man in wheelchair.
Let me ask this. How do we know that the so called handicapped person was not just another street thug using a wheelchair as a way to get sympathy? We don't. We only see what the news wants us to perceive of police using excessive force. It blows my mind with the deaths of people by killed by the police, not a single person was an average Joe, law abiding citizen minding his own business
Most have a rap sheet that is a mile long.

Fur Hanger
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7422071
12/04/21 08:03 PM
12/04/21 08:03 PM
Mt.
g smith Online content
trapper
g smith  Online Content
trapper

Mt.
Lots of quarterbacks on this thread . Shut up and let the process take place .

You can ride a fast horse slow but you can't ride a slow horse fast .
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7422085
12/04/21 08:18 PM
12/04/21 08:18 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I watched several videos of the shooting. All were very short and didn't give a good idea what led to the scumbag being shot. I believe we can all agree the person shot was a scumbag. There's not enough information to condemn the police officer yet.

This time of year especially, letting someone go into a large retail store, who has already threatened to knife people, seems like a really bad idea. How would you feel if your wife or children were in there?

I don't know much about mobility scooters, but do know some models can go over 25 miler per hour.

I don't see from the videos how the police officer could tell the scumbag was handicapped. Riding a mobility scooter doesn't mean you are handicapped.

I hope the whole story comes out and the police officer is exonerated, if he acted legally.

Keith

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: Fur Hanger] #7422110
12/04/21 08:39 PM
12/04/21 08:39 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Fur Hanger
Originally Posted by Trapset
Gotta be more to the story IMO.

Always is.

The media cuts a edits the video to tell the story that they want us to believe. They never show what the so called innocent person was doing that caused the police to show up. The news media never has a headline saying something like. Armed fugitive is shot by police for resisting arrest. They always say something like. Police gun down a innocent man in wheelchair.
Let me ask this. How do we know that the so called handicapped person was not just another street thug using a wheelchair as a way to get sympathy? We don't. We only see what the news wants us to perceive of police using excessive force. It blows my mind with the deaths of people by killed by the police, not a single person was an average Joe, law abiding citizen minding his own business
Most have a rap sheet that is a mile long.

Prime example, the media has been reporting on the Kim Potter trial, as the Police officer accused of shooting a black man during a routine traffic stop. Actually, the traffic stop had already occurred, and it was determined the driver had a warrent for arrest. The officer shot the driver (by mistake trying to taze him) as he began to drive away to escape arrest. But those are just factual details that cloud the illusion of a routine traffic stop.

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: g smith] #7422142
12/04/21 09:04 PM
12/04/21 09:04 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by g smith
Lots of quarterbacks on this thread . Shut up and let the process take place .

The OP asked for our opinions.

Eh...wot?

Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: shanemoss] #7422163
12/04/21 09:42 PM
12/04/21 09:42 PM
Central New York
D
Dewey NY Offline
trapper
Dewey NY  Offline
trapper
D

Central New York
It's actually pretty simple. If you don't want to get shot, don't do anything that will put you in that situation.

Last edited by Dewey NY; 12/04/21 09:43 PM. Reason: Typo
Re: Police shoot man on scooter? [Re: rvsask] #7423959
12/06/21 08:12 PM
12/06/21 08:12 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio

The world is watching you and laughing. But the exceptionalism you’re taught has you blind to it. Anyways, time to throw my gun on my back and skidoo out to snare some western heavy coyotes off the remains of a big whitetail my kid shot with his gun , so awful here in Pakistanada.

You're in for a big surprise , and just don't have an open enough mind to know it .
Your Prince is going to take you down with his liberal leftist ways .
No enforcement of rules leads to no law .
I think the shooting in this instance was ridiculous , and uncalled for .
But to let someone that borders on being clueless , telling me how I'm going to live is even more ridiculous .
I used to love Canada , but with your leadership , you're a European slave .
Watch how many perverts come out of your leadership in the future .

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread