No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Wasp nest question [Re: greenetrapper] #7397289
11/05/21 10:06 AM
11/05/21 10:06 AM
S/W Mich.
Dillrod Offline
trapper
Dillrod  Offline
trapper

S/W Mich.
I've had two
Always placed in a airtight container, added a open dish (half a cup) of alcohol and resealed.
In the instructions for process , it was explained that the alcohol vapors will exterminate anything alive.
I'm thinking I left in the sealed container for a week.

"Some Domestication Required "

Re: Wasp nest question [Re: Dillrod] #7397414
11/05/21 01:27 PM
11/05/21 01:27 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Dillrod
I've had two
Always placed in a airtight container, added a open dish (half a cup) of alcohol and resealed.
In the instructions for process , it was explained that the alcohol vapors will exterminate anything alive.
I'm thinking I left in the sealed container for a week.

Good to try

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Wasp nest question [Re: greenetrapper] #7397427
11/05/21 01:53 PM
11/05/21 01:53 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
My nephew brought one in years ago, after 3-4 hard frosts, he found out that paper insulates and bald face hornets wake up when warmed up. Bag the nest before thawing, spray too if you want.
Sure some guys get lucky, and find no live hornets, my nephew had collected a couple before he got the angry ones.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread