No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Welcome to America #6671456
11/21/19 07:34 AM
11/21/19 07:34 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline OP
trapper
charles  Offline OP
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
A Russian arrives in New York City as a new immigrant to the United States. It's 11:00 AM on a Wednesday. He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, " Thank you Mr. American for letting me come into this country, giving me housing, food stamps, free medical care, and a free education!"

The passerby says, "You are mistaken, I am a Mexican and here illegally."

The man goes on and encounters another passerby. "Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in America.

The person says, "I not American, I'm Vietnamese and here on a Green Card that expired two years ago."

The new arrival walks farther and stops the next person he sees, then shaking his hand, and says, "Thank you for wonderful America!?

That person puts up his hand and says, "I am from Middle East. I am not American. It was easy to get here via Arizona."

He finally sees a nice lady and asks, "Are you an American?" She says, "No, I am from Africa here on an Education Green Card that expired 10 years ago."

Puzzled, he asks her, "Where are all the Americans?" The African lady checks her watch and says: "Probably at work."

Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671573
11/21/19 10:15 AM
11/21/19 10:15 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Good one. I can't top it.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671587
11/21/19 10:31 AM
11/21/19 10:31 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Some Truth to that

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671593
11/21/19 10:43 AM
11/21/19 10:43 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
Its too true!

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671607
11/21/19 11:06 AM
11/21/19 11:06 AM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
Sad but true

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671612
11/21/19 11:09 AM
11/21/19 11:09 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Wow! That was awesome; true unfortunately.

Most in this country have things people in other countries only dream about. Yet, they want America to be more like those other countries.
Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671617
11/21/19 11:16 AM
11/21/19 11:16 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

The vast majority of the Russians, Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Mexicans that I know will work the @%$ off of most Americans; plus they will happily work overtime and on Saturdays too.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671629
11/21/19 11:34 AM
11/21/19 11:34 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Not sure if youve ever been to NYC but most immigrants there look at others as lazy if they only have 2 jobs. They didnt come half way around the world to sit in their hands. They left countries that have safety nets so they didnt come here for welfare.....they came to work and make money.

Re: Welcome to America [Re: Pike River] #6671634
11/21/19 11:49 AM
11/21/19 11:49 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
And there are plenty who came here because of all the free stuff. I know because I work among them and see them sitting outside their low income housing smoking. Many of them don't work or some go to school which is free, just like the medical care they get while many American-born people have no medical care because they can't afford it.

Most in this country have things people in other countries only dream about. Yet, they want America to be more like those other countries.
Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671671
11/21/19 12:30 PM
11/21/19 12:30 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
King Solomon liked diversity and had 700 foreign wives and 300 porcupines, no wonder he was in a sticky situation, lol.

Re: Welcome to America [Re: Pike River] #6671682
11/21/19 12:47 PM
11/21/19 12:47 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Pike River
Not sure if youve ever been to NYC but most immigrants there look at others as lazy if they only have 2 jobs. They didnt come half way around the world to sit in their hands. They left countries that have safety nets so they didnt come here for welfare.....they came to work and make money.

What country's have safety nets? Canada?

Re: Welcome to America [Re: waggler] #6671801
11/21/19 03:42 PM
11/21/19 03:42 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes

Originally Posted by waggler
The vast majority of the Russians, Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Mexicans that I know will work the @%$ off of most Americans; plus they will happily work overtime and on Saturdays too.

I agree. Mexicans and Vietnamese in particular are for the most part hard workers. If they have come here to work and make a better life for themselves and assimilate to become Americans, I'm all for them.

However, there are some who are not that way in their thinking. They do come here for the free stuff that they know they will receive. They are coming from a country where there is murder, kidnapping, and all forms of persecution. And they aren't interested in assimilating into becoming Americans, but want to change America to be like the country they came from.

We have people living in America, natural-born citizens living in poverty. I will never understand why we don't take care of them first? Why as citizens aren't they eligible for the same free stuff immigrants are? Makes no sense to me.

Re: Welcome to America [Re: Trapper7] #6671916
11/21/19 05:53 PM
11/21/19 05:53 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Trapper7

I agree. Mexicans and Vietnamese in particular are for the most part hard workers. If they have come here to work and make a better life for themselves and assimilate to become Americans, I'm all for them.

And 75% of Mexicans will vote for Democrats who want to expand social programs and redistribute wealth. Republicans have punted for so long on immigration that several states that used to be red or swing states are now forever blue, Texas will be blue by roughly 2028 and at that point whoever wins the democrat primary will win the election with ease. By 2034 the supreme court should be packed with liberal judges who do believe the constitution is a "living document" that should change with the times. But hey, atleast they are hard workers...

Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671932
11/21/19 06:09 PM
11/21/19 06:09 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We have people living in America, natural-born citizens living in poverty. I will never understand why we don't take care of them first

Take care of them how? If people choose to live in poverty here in the land of freedom and prosperity shouldn't we respect that choice and leave them to it?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671965
11/21/19 06:45 PM
11/21/19 06:45 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Donner, where are you getting those stats? My sphincter just tightened up, way beyond watertight.....

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Welcome to America [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6671987
11/21/19 07:06 PM
11/21/19 07:06 PM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Donnersurvivor said
"And 75% of Mexicans will vote for Democrats"

You are right about Mexican Americans voting Democrat, however that is starting to change. Not because the Republican Party is starting to reach out to them, but because they see that Republican policies are better for the economy. The Republican Party leaders though are to too blind and arrogant to realize that 90% of Mexican Americans have conservative values and are a perfect fit for voting conservative. If the Republican Party doesn't wake up fast they will become extinct. The demographic changes that are coming to America are unstoppable.

The good news is that most of the immigrants who are changing the face of this County have conservative, family values; they are just uninformed about the difference between the two political parties. They listen to the media and hear that the Democrat party are the nice guys and the Republicans are the mean guys. No one is telling them otherwise (except me). Go make some friends with a few recent immigrants.

Re: Welcome to America [Re: waggler] #6671992
11/21/19 07:14 PM
11/21/19 07:14 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon

Donnersurvivor said

You are right about Mexican Americans voting Democrat, however that is starting to change. Not because the Republican Party is starting to reach out to them, but because they see that Republican policies are better for the economy. The Republican Party leaders though are to too blind and arrogant to realize that 90% of Mexican Americans have conservative values and are a perfect fit for voting conservative. If the Republican Party doesn't wake up fast they will become extinct. The demographic changes that are coming to America are unstoppable.

The good news is that most of the immigrants who are changing the face of this County have conservative, family values; they are just uninformed about the difference between the two political parties. They listen to the media and hear that the Democrat party are the nice guys and the Republicans are the mean guys. No one is telling them otherwise (except me). Go make some friends with a few recent immigrants.

Problem is they happen to know that Trump is a republican and that he only likes immigrants from Norway. laugh

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671995
11/21/19 07:18 PM
11/21/19 07:18 PM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

^^^^^
What's he have against Swedes?

Re: Welcome to America [Re: charles] #6671999
11/21/19 07:22 PM
11/21/19 07:22 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I've worked in the construction industry the majority of my adult life. Hispanics on the job are for the most part hard workers. One reason for this is that the majority working have no intention of staying in the U.S.A. They come up with a crew, rooming as a crew,work three to five years,banking their money(often tax free), so as they may move back and live the easy life for awhile. Now plenty learn the system and play the system but so do many natural born citizens also. This is what I've seen here in Arkansas.

Re: Welcome to America [Re: waggler] #6672003
11/21/19 07:27 PM
11/21/19 07:27 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

Donnersurvivor said

I believe this true wag, good post. I will add that this also falls true on Blacks and the other hyphen Americans. The smart informed absolute of these groups already picked up on what was thrown down but the rest need reached. IMO, the today Dems have morphed into Communism and the Republicans are the old school blue Democrats. True Constitutional Republicans haven't even yet realized we lost more than a step.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread