No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Automatic knives [Re: James] #6542565
05/23/19 09:17 AM
05/23/19 09:17 AM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Green Country I checked the MSP website and there was some action already taken on the knife laws as far as legality I was going by the past and what I received at the recent cpl class I took all outdated sorry I mislead

olden tyred
Re: Automatic knives [Re: James] #6542572
05/23/19 09:30 AM
05/23/19 09:30 AM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline
trapper

Wabash, IN USA
I like the Kershaw launch series of auto's and collect probably way to many according to my wife. I carry the black launch 3 every day. There is a red launch 2 and launch 1 and a blue launch 3 and a double action microtech OTF. Indiana did away with the ban on auto knives in 2013. Boker, gerber, schrade all make auto's as well as tons of others.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: Automatic knives [Re: jeff karsten] #6542601
05/23/19 10:40 AM
05/23/19 10:40 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Green Country I checked the MSP website and there was some action already taken on the knife laws as far as legality I was going by the past and what I received at the recent cpl class I took all outdated sorry I mislead

it is ok , that is the problem so much of the info is only know by knife collectors and knife enthusiasts , the public is often being told even by officials and trainers who should have the updated laws , old info.

we need a simplification of the laws in the US and I neither trust the Fed to do it nor is it their place.

the best advice I can give to any government representative.

"Remember , you are a leader not a ruler."
"lead from attitude of respect and not from an attitude of control"
"respect your constituents as peers and do not treat them as criminals . Their will always be criminals and they will not follow your laws any way , which is why they are criminals."

most all of our bad laws come from failing to Lead Peers with an Attitude of Respect.

we used to have a warden around here who's name I do not remember. what do remember was that he was well know for saying "show me a sportsman and I will show you a poacher with out opportunity". and that attitude spread in the agency for some years.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Automatic knives [Re: James] #6542623
05/23/19 11:24 AM
05/23/19 11:24 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
When I was a teen, I bought a switchblade from a kid who was selling it for cheap because he said they were illegal. He had some prior run ins with the law and didn't want to get caught with it. Considering the knives you see at gun shows, etc, that switchblade was pretty minor stuff.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Automatic knives [Re: James] #6542624
05/23/19 11:26 AM
05/23/19 11:26 AM
East Pensyltucky
Beaglador Offline
trapper
Beaglador  Offline
trapper

East Pensyltucky
I carried the bench made infidel for years. While it was functioning I think it was great. Overtime I believe it became clogged up with pocket debris- and now it barely functions. The knife never received any heavy usage other than being carried around clipped inside my pocket... You want it- it's kicking around somewhere...

Re: Automatic knives [Re: James] #6542961
05/23/19 11:19 PM
05/23/19 11:19 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
I think trappers could use an "automatic" knife that would skin furbearers without human assistance.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread