No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Philippines [Re: yukonjeff] #6528896
04/30/19 05:39 PM
04/30/19 05:39 PM
Northwest Territories
M
muskrat411 Offline
trapper
muskrat411  Offline
trapper
M

Northwest Territories
The cheapest place in the world to live according to Google? Uganda; it is also apparently super nice weather most of the time. Might be a little hot for my tastes.. Cant really have a lot but if you are retired how much do you want. A pension will set you up big time, for a modest lifestyle.

Re: Philippines [Re: west river rogue] #6528917
04/30/19 06:06 PM
04/30/19 06:06 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline OP
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline OP
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by west river rogue
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Mac its all pleasure. I wanted to travel before I get too old to enjoy it. Also looking at retirement in a new place. I spent over 35 years in a small Alaskan village, and life gets harder here when your older. That easy island living sure is tempting. compared to chopping wood here every day. Not to mention the instant poverty when ever my body starts breaking down, and need a hospital or old folks home. I think I can do much better than the US system, of take everything you have then throw you in a government run facility to be miserable until I die. I think I have a better plan.

im with you Jeff....if I didnt have a kid I would be retired in pinas where melisa could take care of me in my decrepit age

I am not so sure schooling and raising a kid in the US is going to make that child any better. Look at what they are turning out now. In the Philippines every kid and adult for that matter called me sir. and showed great respect. Not so sure I would get that in most of the US.

For $100 US a month you can hire a live in helper to care for you when that day comes. I cant imagine the cost here in the US for elderly assisted living cost.

Re: Philippines [Re: muskrat411] #6528918
04/30/19 06:10 PM
04/30/19 06:10 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline OP
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline OP
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by muskrat411
The cheapest place in the world to live according to Google? Uganda; it is also apparently super nice weather most of the time. Might be a little hot for my tastes.. Cant really have a lot but if you are retired how much do you want. A pension will set you up big time, for a modest lifestyle.

Muskrat gets it. It was pretty hot but everyone wakes up super early to get things done, like at 5 am when its cooler the streets are busy. And then people relax during the heat of the day.Hardly ever rained, or stormy days. Everyday is a beautiful day.

Re: Philippines [Re: yukonjeff] #6528921
04/30/19 06:17 PM
04/30/19 06:17 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Originally Posted by west river rogue
[quote=yukonjeff]Mac its all pleasure. I wanted to travel before I get too old to enjoy it. Also looking at retirement in a new place. I spent over 35 years in a small Alaskan village, and life gets harder here when your older. That easy island living sure is tempting. compared to chopping wood here every day. Not to mention the instant poverty when ever my body starts breaking down, and need a hospital or old folks home. I think I can do much better than the US system, of take everything you have then throw you in a government run facility to be miserable until I die. I think I have a better plan.

im with you Jeff....if I didnt have a kid I would be retired in pinas where melisa could take care of me in my decrepit age

I am not so sure schooling and raising a kid in the US is going to make that child any better. Look at what they are turning out now. In the Philippines every kid and adult for that matter called me sir. and showed great respect. Not so sure I would get that in most of the US.

For $100 US a month you can hire a live in helper to care for you when that day comes. I cant imagine the cost here in the US for elderly assisted living cost.

Re: Philippines [Re: yukonjeff] #6528922
04/30/19 06:19 PM
04/30/19 06:19 PM
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

For $100 US a month you can hire a live in helper to care for you when that day comes. I cant imagine the cost here in the US for elderly assisted living cost,,,,,cheaper than that in subic area. My son had a yaya(live in) and if youre married to a filipina its expected. Thats the pilipino way

Re: Philippines [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6528934
04/30/19 06:35 PM
04/30/19 06:35 PM
Alaska
H
Hupurest Offline
"Andy S wannabe"
Hupurest  Offline
"Andy S wannabe"
H

Alaska
Originally Posted by Michigan Trappin
Please excuse my ignorance here.... but why are there not flies all over that market food?

Didn't you see Karate Kid? Mr. Miagi taught them to catch them with chopsticks.

Originally Posted By: Malukchuk
I'll take wolves over idiots any day.
Re: Philippines [Re: yukonjeff] #6528935
04/30/19 06:39 PM
04/30/19 06:39 PM
Northwest Territories
M
muskrat411 Offline
trapper
muskrat411  Offline
trapper
M

Northwest Territories
Further research into moving to Uganda. If you want to live the same lifestyle you live in NA you would be part of the elite and it would cost you as much as it does in NA. There is no middle class so the alternative is a hut with a dirt floor like the locals in the country or a sketchy run down apartment in one of the cities. Id go for the hut with the dirt floor myself, if you can catch and smoke fish everyday that don't sound so bad. Crime rates would be the big deterrent.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread