No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: Boco] #6149307
02/05/18 08:50 PM
02/05/18 08:50 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted By: Boco
Walleyed ,put down the windowpane.

BOCO, When Astral Projecting You Can Pass Right Through Window Panes Without An Opening. smile

Your Ability To Astral Project May Be Damaged From Years Of Alcohol & Drug Abuse, And Loud

Headbanger Music !! laugh

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149311
02/05/18 08:53 PM
02/05/18 08:53 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
It sounds like "no harm, no foul"; I'd just roll with it.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149312
02/05/18 08:54 PM
02/05/18 08:54 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Walleyed,I'm Irish,whiskey is like mothers milk to me.Good for the constitution.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: Boco] #6149317
02/05/18 08:57 PM
02/05/18 08:57 PM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted By: Boco
Walleyed,I'm Irish,whiskey is like mothers milk to me.Good for the constitution.

Irish As Well But Don't Partake Due To My Diabetic Condition.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149330
02/05/18 09:05 PM
02/05/18 09:05 PM

W
Wylee OP
Unregistered
Wylee OP
Unregistered
W

After reading about astral projection. I think I could be having other "dreams" where I suppose this could be happening. I often dream about being in different houses. Mostly places I've spent a lot of time, others I've never seen before. In some of these dreams I'm just dinking around and others I'm around people and seem to have massive anxiety for various reasons.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149333
02/05/18 09:08 PM

W
Wylee OP
Unregistered
Wylee OP
Unregistered
W

Waggler, I'd love to just role with it but the expirience seems to provoke a fear response in me and I freak out.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149335
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Hope you work it out Wylee,maybe doc can get you something to help you sleep more soundly?.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149350
02/05/18 09:13 PM
02/05/18 09:13 PM

W
Wylee OP
Unregistered
Wylee OP
Unregistered
W

Boco, I was prescribed some sleep meds and it just seemed to make things worse. More intense dreams, waking up in a fit.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149381
02/05/18 09:35 PM
02/05/18 09:35 PM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted By: Wylee
Waggler, I'd love to just role with it but the expirience seems to provoke a fear response in me and I freak out.

Possibly Gaining An Understanding About What Might Be Going On, Might Help You Weather These Experiences

Without Having Heightened Fear Or Anxiety.

Perhaps A Having Healthy Curiousity Towards These Incidents Will Allow You To Assess Them From An

Objective Standpoint.

I Hope You Can Gain A Better Understanding Of Your Situation.

Good Luck With This.

walleyed

Last edited by walleyed; 02/05/18 09:36 PM.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149412
02/05/18 09:55 PM
02/05/18 09:55 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline
trapper
slydogx  Offline
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
Hi Wylee, sorry for the late response.
I only just saw a doctor about it last year (I'm 44 now) because I was always a bit embarrassed about it. I had mentioned it during sleep apnea testing (I have sleep apnea) and he said the 2 issues often go hand in hand.
My nightmare was similar to yours... involved a shadowy figure at the foot of the bed, and you could just feel the evil intent flowing out of it.
Here is a link to a documentary about it that I watched years ago (on Halloween no less)... turns out we are not alone with our nightmare

The Entity Documentary

Good luck with it, it took me years to be OK with it.

Just happy to be here.
Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149423
02/05/18 10:05 PM
02/05/18 10:05 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline
trapper
slydogx  Offline
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
I should qualify that I don't believe there is ANY supernatural component to this (although it was terrifying at the time).
The biggest issue would be that you always felt like crap the next day from the adrenaline dump due to the fight/flight reaction triggered by the dream. Also, it was exhausting trying to struggle with all your might to reach up and turn on a light LOL.

I wish I knew what caused it to stop for me, because I'd just tell you so you don't have to deal with it like I did. All I know is that the day after I moved into a new house the paralysis and the nightmare stopped like somebody flipped a switch.

Just happy to be here.
Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: slydogx] #6149446
02/05/18 10:30 PM
02/05/18 10:30 PM
pellston mi
c hartman Offline
trapper
c hartman  Offline
trapper

pellston mi
I close my eyes and I'm back by the ocean
My hair feels wet
I'm on the brink of a lifelong ambition
Whatever dream comes next
I'm the seat of a hearse and guess who's driving?

I can see myself running
But I'm standing still
I can hear myself screaming
But there's no sound
When I wake up crying life brings me down

I'm at a house, all the windows are broken
It's where I once used to live
I must be losing all my undercover
Dreaming always the same

http://smarthunters.proboards.com/
Michigan SmartHunter Outdoor Forums
For those that enjoy all that the outdoors in Michigan has to offer.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149456
02/05/18 10:37 PM
02/05/18 10:37 PM

W
Wylee OP
Unregistered
Wylee OP
Unregistered
W

Thanks guys for all the input. I don't feel so alone in it now. Understanding or at least having some explanation for it is comforting. We'll see how things go from here, if it's gonn be a few days of it or just this once for now.
C Hartman, holy crap I never knew. Must have heard that song a hundred times.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: c hartman] #6149460
02/05/18 10:39 PM
02/05/18 10:39 PM
pellston mi
c hartman Offline
trapper
c hartman  Offline
trapper

pellston mi
BTW
Been there and done that . Rarely happens any more and hasn't for a long time .However I started taking one med recently that can cause it and did for me at first. I guess I got used to it as a child so even though it is not a pleasant experience now it also doesn't completely freak me out .

http://smarthunters.proboards.com/
Michigan SmartHunter Outdoor Forums
For those that enjoy all that the outdoors in Michigan has to offer.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149550
02/06/18 01:03 AM
02/06/18 01:03 AM
Bemidji, MN
S
swedeole Offline
trapper
swedeole  Offline
trapper
S

Bemidji, MN
Wylee, I get them quite often. Used to scare the heck out of me. Lucid dreams, night terrors, whatever you want to call them. The bonus is, you KNOW you're dreaming, and you can actually THINK, and reason to a certain extent. Now when I get them I think "yeah, I'm dreaming, and I can control this!" So I always just pretend that I'm flying, and having a heck of a good time.

I look forward to them now - it's the only time that I can actually fly and do whatever I want!

I hope I get one tonight!

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149569
02/06/18 02:21 AM
02/06/18 02:21 AM

W
Wylee OP
Unregistered
Wylee OP
Unregistered
W

Swedeole, If I could get to that point I'd be happy. I don't know why it terrifies me so bad...maybe the fear of paralysis? Not all of these dreams are so bad. How I explained my grandma would help me sleep was a comforting experience but I still felt somewhat out of control and no sense of being able to manipulate the situation. After walleyeds advice of looking into astral projection, I found all kinds of information. So much that I'd like to say it's some kind of phenomenon. Many folks experiencing the same sort of thing. All this info kinda makes me want to go have a conversation with a native elder or shaman sort. I've got some other questions for those types too..seems us modern folks have lost touch with the "spiritual" realm.
Unrelated but I've got what they call the "simian" line on both hands and supposedly folks with this "mark" may have a special connection with the ethers and the spirits. I once worked in a philipino owned and run print shop. I was pretty much the minority there. Every day we would stop for an hour for lunch and it was like a pot luck. The mother of the owner was always handy with the serving spoon and while dishing me up she caught a glimpse of my hands. All at once she changed her normally happy attitude toward me telling me "you stay away from me". I really didn't understand at the time and confused I asked a co worker what her issue was. She kind of giggled and told me the mother thought my soul would take over her body and not let her pass on. It seems the mother had been taught folks with hands like mine are capable of some pretty scary stuff lol. After that I politely steered clear of her but often found her spying on me at my press...keeping tabs I guess.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149586
02/06/18 03:59 AM
02/06/18 03:59 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Wylee - That can be an indication of Narcolepsy and very dangerous. You quit literally can wake up dead. In the meantime, you can be suffering severe systemic damages. Send me a PM to discuss further. Best wishes.

Last edited by Willy Firewood; 02/06/18 03:59 AM.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149593
02/06/18 05:25 AM
02/06/18 05:25 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
My question is do you use any meds over the counter type like Tylenol ?

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149622
02/06/18 07:56 AM
02/06/18 07:56 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
I've had it happen several times - mostly when I was younger. It never scared me. Once I realized I was paralyzed, I knew what was happening. Your body releases a chemical when you sleep that helps prevent you from acting out your dreams. If you wake up with enough of that chemical still in your system you can feel paralyzed when you wake up. I always found it more fascinating than scary.

Anyways, the thing that worked for me was that when I became lucid enough to decide I really wanted to move, if I would start moving my tongue, that would sort of break the paralysis and I would then be able to move my limbs. Worked every time.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Anyone else suffer from sleep paralysis? [Re: ] #6149636
02/06/18 08:11 AM
02/06/18 08:11 AM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Wylee
Huh. You ever talk to the doc slydogx? I didn't go into full detail in my original post in fear of sounding like a nut job but I can link a few reoccurring nightmares to mine. One is a man I've never met standing in the front room of the house I grew up in. When I encounter him I try to call for my parents and can't seem to make a noise throwing me into the awake sleep mode. It's funny to me that I still try to call for my parents in this dream...I'm a 38 year old man now. Mom has been gone for years now..
The other nightmare related to this is I awake to find myself looking down at me sleeping in bed. Everything seems comfortable until I seem to realize what's happening, then it's like I watch myself struggle until I wake. Both terrify me to the point of tears.

WOW out of body experience. maybe your soul travels at night from the body. Kinda spooky but have heard of it before.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread