No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: Scuba1] #6116670
01/07/18 11:26 AM
01/07/18 11:26 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Scuba1
There is however a link between the efficiency of politicians and the weather. They do a lot better work the colder it gets. As the weather gets warmer they make more mistakes. This can be seen in the number of protesters on the streets.
Of course I am going to need a few million $$$$$$ of government funding for the necessary research to back this up with variable numbers.

ATB

Prof. Michael

how can I send in my Money if you don't leave valid address or PO box? I'm ready to help and save the Poor polar bears....... crazy

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: brydon] #6116677
01/07/18 11:30 AM
01/07/18 11:30 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY

My understanding of global warming is that it will bring colder winters , hotter summers, and bigger storms. All of which are happening . Australia is experiencing a heatwave at the moment temps of 49c (120f) . Spain is dealing with a blizzard I'm far from a scientist or climatologist , this is just my understanding . [/quote]

Sorry, I’m not buying it, 1-2 weeks of sub-zero temperatures in the Adirondacks and Tug Hill are nothing new. This latest Polar Vortex is just the norm here. If global warming brings colder winters, and this sub-zero polar vortex is coming from the Arctic, then the Arctic Ice fields must be expanding, not shrinking , right ? It stands to reason Australia is experiencing warm temps, it’s summer south of the equator.

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: brydon] #6116696
01/07/18 11:51 AM
01/07/18 11:51 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted By: brydon

My understanding of global warming is that it will bring colder winters , hotter summers, and bigger storms. All of which are happening . Australia is experiencing a heatwave at the moment temps of 49c (120f) . Spain is dealing with a blizzard I'm far from a scientist or climatologist , this is just my understanding .
Yup, just look how these hacks have all the bases covered. If it's to cold it's because of global warming, if it's to hot it's because of global warming, if there are bad storms it's because of global warming. If there is a drought, it's global warming, A flood, global warming. If I put my left shoe on my right foot, I'll bet it's because of global warming. It's easy to say anything that happens is because of global warming. They only thing they lack is any proof whatsoever. There is none, nada ....ZIP! In fact, there is a huge amount of evidence to the contrary and manipulated data keeps surfacing from, at this point, almost every single "scientist" that has pushed global warming has been debunked and has been proven to have committed fraud. Now, you won't see this on any libtard media outlet. It doesn't fit their agenda. You have to actually research it yourself.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116721
01/07/18 12:11 PM
01/07/18 12:11 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: brydon] #6116727
01/07/18 12:15 PM
01/07/18 12:15 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK

My understanding of global warming is that it will bring colder winters , hotter summers, and bigger storms. All of which are happening . Australia is experiencing a heatwave at the moment temps of 49c (120f) . Spain is dealing with a blizzard I'm far from a scientist or climatologist , this is just my understanding .

Actually,"all those things are NOT happening. The models PREDICT they might happen.

Here is a 2017 statement from NOAA; Pay close attention to their wording.

Global Warming and Hurricanes
An Overview of Current Research Results

Last Revised: Dec. 11, 2017
Contents

Summary Statement
Global Warming and Atlantic Hurricanes
Global Tropical Cyclone Activity and Climate Warming
Recent Relevant GFDL Papers and Animations
WMO Expert Team 2010 Assessment of Tropical Cyclones and Climate Change
Early GFDL Research on Global Warming and Hurricanes
Related links

1. Summary Statement

Two frequently asked questions on global warming and hurricanes are the following:

1. Have humans already caused a detectable increase in Atlantic hurricane activity or global tropical cyclone activity?
2. What changes in hurricane activity are expected for the late 21st century, given the pronounced global warming scenarios from IPCC models?

In this review, we address these questions in the context of published research findings. We will first present our main conclusions and then follow with some background discussion of the research that leads to these conclusions. “Detectable” change here will refer to a change that is large enough to be clearly distinguishable from the variability due to natural causes.

Our main conclusions are:
Likelihood Statements

The terminology here for likelihood statements generally follows the conventions used in the IPCC assessments, i.e., for the assessed likelihood of an outcome or result:

Very Likely: > 90%,
Likely: > 66%
More Likely Than Not (or Better Than Even Odds) > 50%

It is premature to conclude that human activities–and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming–have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity. That said, human activities may have already caused changes that are not yet detectable due to the small magnitude of the changes or observational limitations, or are not yet confidently modeled (e.g., aerosol effects on regional climate).
Anthropogenic warming by the end of the 21st century will likely cause tropical cyclones globally to be more intense on average (by 2 to 11% according to model projections for an IPCC mid-range scenario). This change would imply an even larger percentage increase in the destructive potential per storm, assuming no reduction in storm size.
There are better than even odds that anthropogenic warming over the next century will lead to an increase in the occurrence of very intense tropical cyclones globally–an increase that would be substantially larger in percentage terms than the 2-11% increase in the average storm intensity. This increase in intense storm occurrence is projected despite a likely decrease (or little change) in the global numbers of all tropical cyclones. However, there is at present only low confidence that such an increase in very intense storms will occur in the Atlantic basin.
Anthropogenic warming and accompanying increase in atmospheric moisture content will likely cause future tropical cyclones to have substantially higher average rainfall rates than present-day tropical cyclones, with a model-projected increase of about 10-15% for rainfall rates averaged within about 100 km of the storm center by the end of the 21st century.
Sea level rise–which very likely has a substantial human contribution to the global mean observed rise according to IPCC AR5–should be causing higher storm surge levels for tropical cyclones that do occur, all else assumed equal.

My point here is just to point out...as others have already....that all of this hype is based on computer models that have proven wrong for several decades.

Here's the link to the whole thing.

https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes/

Mean As Nails
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: Squash] #6116735
01/07/18 12:23 PM
01/07/18 12:23 PM
Balcarres,Saskatchewan
brydon Offline
trapper
brydon  Offline
trapper

Balcarres,Saskatchewan
Originally Posted By: Squash

Sorry, I’m not buying it, 1-2 weeks of sub-zero temperatures in the Adirondacks and Tug Hill are nothing new. This latest Polar Vortex is just the norm here. If global warming brings colder winters, and this sub-zero polar vortex is coming from the Arctic, then the Arctic Ice fields must be expanding, not shrinking , right ? It stands to reason Australia is experiencing warm temps, it’s summer south of the equator. [/quote]

I'm not totally convinced either ,there are convincing arguments for both sides however and I try to keep a open mind. I realize it's summer in Australia lol, I was just stating that they are in the middle of a record setting heatwave. Saskatchewan has also consistently set new heat and cold records over the past few years and has seen record lows when it comes to rainfall . These records only go back to the 1880s . Could be just a big weather cycle that we haven't kept records long enough to see the temps we are experiencing . Only time will tell I guess.

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: brydon] #6117434
01/07/18 08:51 PM
01/07/18 08:51 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia

The "this is just my understanding" part.
THAT is what you need to work on.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread