No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Canada's on a roll! #6115192
01/06/18 03:37 AM
01/06/18 03:37 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6115238
01/06/18 08:04 AM
01/06/18 08:04 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
All of the "Climate Change" people including many on this site will just ignore the fact that, yet again, one of these hack "scientist" just got caught manipulating data. I've been saying it for years. It's a huge hoax. Just look at the supporters. Gore for one, anything he is in favor of is fundamentally wrong if not illegal. It doesn't matter how many times this is debunked, I've lost count of the mountain of evidence at this point. There is no and has never been any evidence that humans have anything at all to do with any form of climate change. In fact all of the evidence points to a natural variation that has been going on now for about a billion years. It's a huge libtard hoax to redistribute wealth as well as gain control of people and business. More money for government coffers is all that it is for.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6115570
01/06/18 01:32 PM
01/06/18 01:32 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
In addition to what Finster said, which I agree with, there is also the problem with the way government funding for research is granted. In the case of climate change, only those seeking to prove it was due to human actions would get funded. In any study the only possible conclusion is the one for which evidence is sought, if there is even the just the slightest thread. That's not science.

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: EdP] #6115845
01/06/18 07:16 PM
01/06/18 07:16 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted By: EdP
In addition to what Finster said, which I agree with, there is also the problem with the way government funding for research is granted. In the case of climate change, only those seeking to prove it was due to human actions would get funded. In any study the only possible conclusion is the one for which evidence is sought, if there is even the just the slightest thread. That's not science.
That's correct Ed. In fact, that can be looked up. I've done it before, I'll have to look again.

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: Finster] #6115862
01/06/18 07:33 PM
01/06/18 07:33 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: Finster
All of the "Climate Change" people including many on this site will just ignore the fact that, yet again, one of these hack "scientist" just got caught manipulating data. I've been saying it for years. It's a huge hoax. Just look at the supporters. Gore for one, anything he is in favor of is fundamentally wrong if not illegal. It doesn't matter how many times this is debunked, I've lost count of the mountain of evidence at this point. There is no and has never been any evidence that humans have anything at all to do with any form of climate change. In fact all of the evidence points to a natural variation that has been going on now for about a billion years. It's a huge libtard hoax to redistribute wealth as well as gain control of people and business. More money for government coffers is all that it is for.

Well said!!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6115944
01/06/18 08:27 PM
01/06/18 08:27 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
There is however a link between the efficiency of politicians and the weather. They do a lot better work the colder it gets. As the weather gets warmer they make more mistakes. This can be seen in the number of protesters on the streets.
Of course I am going to need a few million $$$$$$ of government funding for the necessary research to back this up with variable numbers.

ATB

Prof. Michael

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116014
01/06/18 09:05 PM
01/06/18 09:05 PM
SK
S
Saskayote Offline
trapper
Saskayote  Offline
trapper
S

SK
I hope trump capitalizes on this hoax killer. He is the only real leader who will run with it. Our “leader” is too busy meeting muslims and breaking ethics laws to open his eyes on this hoax. Go get em Mr. Trump!

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116040
01/06/18 09:15 PM
01/06/18 09:15 PM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
The source is a fringe publication, not real science...

Principia Scientific International
Background
Principia Scientific International (PSI) is an organization based in the United Kingdom which promotes fringe views and material to claim that carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas. PSI was formed in 2010 around the time they published their first book, titled Slaying the Sky Dragon: Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory. [1]

PSI claims it provides its members with a “reliable port of call to ascertain the facts behind the news stories to better judge whether information being presented by third parties is accurate information and reflects a balanced view of all facets of the subject.” [2]

The PSI website says the organization is “for everyone who supports the traditions [sic] scientific method against the rise of sinister and secretive government funded 'post normal science'.”

As of 2014, PSI described itself as a “not-for-profit community interest subsidiary of PSI Acumen Ltd. That statement has since been removed. [2]

PSI Acumen was registered with Companies House in the UK in March 2013 (see PDF) as a private company, with an address in Battersea Park Road, London. In July 2013, the business address of PSI Acumen was changed (PDF) to an address in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, which is the same as the home address of John O'Sullivan, the organization's founder and chief executive officer. PSI Acument LTD was dissolved (PDF) on October 15, 2014. [3], [4], [5]

The two named directors were John O'Sullivan, of the UK, and a Walter James O'Brien, with a US address listed in Fargo, North Dakota. Emails published by climate skeptic blogger Pete Ridley suggest that Walter James O'Brien no longer has any connection to the PSI Acument company. [3], [6]

Principia Scientific reports that one of their “proudest endeavors is the ongoing support given to world-leading independent climatologist, Dr Tim Ball,” who is also a founding member and former chairman of PCI. [7]

Stance on Climate Change
PSI regularly publishes commentary which claims that carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas and that it could actually cool the planet. For example, in an article published in November 2013, “PSI Staff” wrote: [8]

Scientists at Principia Scientific International (PSI), who peer-reviewed Nahle's paper, are currently advising colleagues that the most reliable data available now confirms that CO2 is shown to act as a coolant in earth's climate. As such, the notion of a so-called 'greenhouse gas' warming effect may be regarded as refuted, while environmental measures by governments and individuals to reduce “carbon emissions” to combat climate change are, in turn, rendered pointless.

In 2013, PSI also began to promote unfounded claims that wind turbines make people sick and that childhood vaccines were “one of the largest most evil lies in history.” [9]

Funding
PSI is described on its website as being part of PSI Acumen Ltd — a private company registered in the UK with two named directors. No accounts have been filed for the company.

PSI asks for donations on its website and also seeks members. Membership is free, but PSI asks people applying to make a voluntary donation (they suggest about $30). According to their website, [2]

“PSI is not beholden for its funds to any corporation, political party or undisclosed source. PSI functions on the income generated from its members and stakeholders ostensibly via book sales, consultancy fees and unsolicited charitable donations.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: lebowski] #6116070
01/06/18 09:34 PM
01/06/18 09:34 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted By: lebowski
The source is a fringe publication, not real science...

Principia Scientific International
Background
Principia Scientific International (PSI) is an organization based in the United Kingdom which promotes fringe views and material to claim that carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas. PSI was formed in 2010 around the time they published their first book, titled Slaying the Sky Dragon: Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory. [1]

PSI claims it provides its members with a “reliable port of call to ascertain the facts behind the news stories to better judge whether information being presented by third parties is accurate information and reflects a balanced view of all facets of the subject.” [2]

The PSI website says the organization is “for everyone who supports the traditions [sic] scientific method against the rise of sinister and secretive government funded 'post normal science'.”

As of 2014, PSI described itself as a “not-for-profit community interest subsidiary of PSI Acumen Ltd. That statement has since been removed. [2]

PSI Acumen was registered with Companies House in the UK in March 2013 (see PDF) as a private company, with an address in Battersea Park Road, London. In July 2013, the business address of PSI Acumen was changed (PDF) to an address in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, which is the same as the home address of John O'Sullivan, the organization's founder and chief executive officer. PSI Acument LTD was dissolved (PDF) on October 15, 2014. [3], [4], [5]

The two named directors were John O'Sullivan, of the UK, and a Walter James O'Brien, with a US address listed in Fargo, North Dakota. Emails published by climate skeptic blogger Pete Ridley suggest that Walter James O'Brien no longer has any connection to the PSI Acument company. [3], [6]

Principia Scientific reports that one of their “proudest endeavors is the ongoing support given to world-leading independent climatologist, Dr Tim Ball,” who is also a founding member and former chairman of PCI. [7]

Stance on Climate Change
PSI regularly publishes commentary which claims that carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas and that it could actually cool the planet. For example, in an article published in November 2013, “PSI Staff” wrote: [8]

Scientists at Principia Scientific International (PSI), who peer-reviewed Nahle's paper, are currently advising colleagues that the most reliable data available now confirms that CO2 is shown to act as a coolant in earth's climate. As such, the notion of a so-called 'greenhouse gas' warming effect may be regarded as refuted, while environmental measures by governments and individuals to reduce “carbon emissions” to combat climate change are, in turn, rendered pointless.

In 2013, PSI also began to promote unfounded claims that wind turbines make people sick and that childhood vaccines were “one of the largest most evil lies in history.” [9]

Funding
PSI is described on its website as being part of PSI Acumen Ltd — a private company registered in the UK with two named directors. No accounts have been filed for the company.

PSI asks for donations on its website and also seeks members. Membership is free, but PSI asks people applying to make a voluntary donation (they suggest about $30). According to their website, [2]

“PSI is not beholden for its funds to any corporation, political party or undisclosed source. PSI functions on the income generated from its members and stakeholders ostensibly via book sales, consultancy fees and unsolicited charitable donations.”

Well, maybe MIT is wrong?

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/403256/global-warming-bombshell/

Maybe these 7 papers?

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2012/10/seven-recent-papers-that-disprove-man.html

Perhaps this can shed some light on the 97%?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/09/03/c...or-math-errors/

I don't have time to point out all of the fraud to you. I can however, teach you how to use Google.

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116075
01/06/18 09:36 PM
01/06/18 09:36 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
can you teach me too please ...... i wants to know stuff

Let's go Brandon

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116091
01/06/18 09:45 PM
01/06/18 09:45 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
lebowski.....The source in this case is meaningless. The court case is real as are the events it describes.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116098
01/06/18 09:49 PM
01/06/18 09:49 PM
Southern Indiana
P
Pressure9pa Offline
trapper
Pressure9pa  Offline
trapper
P

Southern Indiana
I thought this thread would be about the World Juniors Hockey Tournament.

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116106
01/06/18 09:54 PM
01/06/18 09:54 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
to bad with all this gas its so cold out

olden tyred
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: Scuba1] #6116188
01/06/18 10:48 PM
01/06/18 10:48 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted By: Scuba1
can you teach me too please ...... i wants to know stuff
Being conservative, you are already smart enough. You do not need my help. wink

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116237
01/06/18 11:34 PM
01/06/18 11:34 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
blush

Let's go Brandon

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116579
01/07/18 10:21 AM
01/07/18 10:21 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
My question is, why is the Polar Vortex so cold ? We’ve been told by Algore, that the Arctic is warming, the polar ice cap is shrinking , and the polar bears are drowning ? So why isn’t the polar vortex a heat wave ?

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116594
01/07/18 10:30 AM
01/07/18 10:30 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
So what you are saying is that I can stop looking for caribou and moose sheds in SC ?? I was getting cold feet

Let's go Brandon

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: Scuba1] #6116602
01/07/18 10:36 AM
01/07/18 10:36 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted By: Scuba1
So what you are saying is that I can stop looking for caribou and moose sheds in SC ?? I was getting cold feet
Nope, keep looking... grin

Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: yukon254] #6116645
01/07/18 11:12 AM
01/07/18 11:12 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Oops.
So Finster do you think I went wrong ordering this ACME do it yourself in ground Olympic swimming pool kit?
Gore said winters are done.
Heck I've been burning the crate material for warmth the last month and a half and can't see yet to the end of the pallets.
No way I can return all this....

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Canada's on a roll! [Re: Squash] #6116649
01/07/18 11:13 AM
01/07/18 11:13 AM
Balcarres,Saskatchewan
brydon Offline
trapper
brydon  Offline
trapper

Balcarres,Saskatchewan
[quote=Squash]My question is, why is the Polar Vortex so cold ? We’ve been told by Algore, that the Arctic is warming, the polar ice cap is shrinking , and the polar bears are drowning ? So why isn’t the polar vortex a heat wave ?

My understanding of global warming is that it will bring colder winters , hotter summers, and bigger storms. All of which are happening . Australia is experiencing a heatwave at the moment temps of 49c (120f) . Spain is dealing with a blizzard I'm far from a scientist or climatologist , this is just my understanding .

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread