ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Skunk #5293805
12/01/15 12:28 PM
12/01/15 12:28 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline OP
trapper
Getting There  Offline OP
trapper
G

West Michigan
Nov.30th. raining out and 37 degrees and I trapped a skunk in a blind set. Trap had been in place for 5 days and had been cold every night, in the low 20's. Just never know. Still catching moles. Not fun when it is in the 30's

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Skunk [Re: Getting There] #5297232
12/03/15 01:55 PM
12/03/15 01:55 PM

M
mugs
Unregistered
mugs
Unregistered
M

I have been running traps for skunks over 3 weeks now, and what I have learned is there is a lot of difference between trapping skunks around homes than trapping them in a pasture.
In a pasture you dont just set a trap anywere.and you have other aninal to contend with
Like opossum, coons, and foxs.right now all I cought are male skunk so the female must be dened up
The temp has a lot to do with movement., 15 degrees and below they'll say dened up, if its rainning they'll stay dened up, high winds will keep them from moving.
Iv looked all over the net to find info on trapping skunk and there a lot but that info is for city work not pastures.

Re: Skunk [Re: Getting There] #5297394
12/03/15 03:27 PM
12/03/15 03:27 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline OP
trapper
Getting There  Offline OP
trapper
G

West Michigan
I find in the city there are a lot of trap shy skunks. Out of town is a different story. This last job I ran into a cat problem. I did not use any meat base products.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Skunk [Re: Getting There] #5297588
12/03/15 05:54 PM
12/03/15 05:54 PM

M
mugs
Unregistered
mugs
Unregistered
M

Im still learning too, im using 160 body grips.and build cubby holes.
Kind of funny when I use leg hold for coyote I wind up with skunks.
So im thinking of setting of setting up the BG like was trap fox.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread