Home

Skunk

Posted By: Getting There

Skunk - 12/01/15 04:28 PM

Nov.30th. raining out and 37 degrees and I trapped a skunk in a blind set. Trap had been in place for 5 days and had been cold every night, in the low 20's. Just never know. Still catching moles. Not fun when it is in the 30's
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Skunk - 12/03/15 05:55 PM

I have been running traps for skunks over 3 weeks now, and what I have learned is there is a lot of difference between trapping skunks around homes than trapping them in a pasture.
In a pasture you dont just set a trap anywere.and you have other aninal to contend with
Like opossum, coons, and foxs.right now all I cought are male skunk so the female must be dened up
The temp has a lot to do with movement., 15 degrees and below they'll say dened up, if its rainning they'll stay dened up, high winds will keep them from moving.
Iv looked all over the net to find info on trapping skunk and there a lot but that info is for city work not pastures.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Skunk - 12/03/15 07:27 PM

I find in the city there are a lot of trap shy skunks. Out of town is a different story. This last job I ran into a cat problem. I did not use any meat base products.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Skunk - 12/03/15 09:54 PM

Im still learning too, im using 160 body grips.and build cubby holes.
Kind of funny when I use leg hold for coyote I wind up with skunks.
So im thinking of setting of setting up the BG like was trap fox.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums