ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
No Big Deal #4504584
06/04/14 08:12 PM
06/04/14 08:12 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Menards recently had a great sale on wasp spray and since we are always running out ( Especially on bat work where you really need the protection ) I bought a large amount. When I got home, I realized that I had 3 cases more than I paid for.

The next time I saw the employee that helped me, I told him that I owed him for three cases and I wanted to pay for it. He wrote up the bill and thanked me for my honesty.

At this point, I reminded him that the sale price was 98 cents a can and that now the same can sold for $2.97. I figured it was almost like stealing the first time and God would not appreciate double dipping. Ha!

Re: No Big Deal [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4504892
06/04/14 11:03 PM
06/04/14 11:03 PM
SW Michigan
M
MuskratJoe Offline
trapper
MuskratJoe  Offline
trapper
M

SW Michigan
Have you ever had any trouble with the wasp spray staining vinyl siding?

Re: No Big Deal [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4504986
06/05/14 12:55 AM
06/05/14 12:55 AM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
Yes!!! I ONLY use a contact insecticide. I used a "green" product that left a stain for almost a year. This time of year it is only a queen on the nest. Even later in the year, a contact insecticide will drop any active wasps/hornets in less than a minute. I often grab a lone wasp with nitrile gloves this time of year. The nest building queen will NOT defend the nest, but any wasp after her will! The longer the nest is undisturbed the more there is to defend it. By August there are several out feeding that will come back for five plus minutes.
Fourteen years of killing bugs has taught me a little.

Re: No Big Deal [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4505864
06/05/14 06:56 PM
06/05/14 06:56 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
You are talking to a company that resided an entire house. Not sure we were even at fault but we did it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread