Home

No Big Deal

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

No Big Deal - 06/05/14 12:12 AM

Menards recently had a great sale on wasp spray and since we are always running out ( Especially on bat work where you really need the protection ) I bought a large amount. When I got home, I realized that I had 3 cases more than I paid for.

The next time I saw the employee that helped me, I told him that I owed him for three cases and I wanted to pay for it. He wrote up the bill and thanked me for my honesty.

At this point, I reminded him that the sale price was 98 cents a can and that now the same can sold for $2.97. I figured it was almost like stealing the first time and God would not appreciate double dipping. Ha!
Posted By: MuskratJoe

Re: No Big Deal - 06/05/14 03:03 AM

Have you ever had any trouble with the wasp spray staining vinyl siding?
Posted By: Lundy

Re: No Big Deal - 06/05/14 04:55 AM

Yes!!! I ONLY use a contact insecticide. I used a "green" product that left a stain for almost a year. This time of year it is only a queen on the nest. Even later in the year, a contact insecticide will drop any active wasps/hornets in less than a minute. I often grab a lone wasp with nitrile gloves this time of year. The nest building queen will NOT defend the nest, but any wasp after her will! The longer the nest is undisturbed the more there is to defend it. By August there are several out feeding that will come back for five plus minutes.
Fourteen years of killing bugs has taught me a little.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: No Big Deal - 06/05/14 10:56 PM

You are talking to a company that resided an entire house. Not sure we were even at fault but we did it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums