No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Worry about these guys #8132141
05/02/24 01:00 PM
05/02/24 01:00 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Online sleepy OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Online Sleepy OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
So y'all know I cook a good bit on here. Gotta have breakfast done for everyone by 4.am . Not a big breakfast person so usually just bacon or sausage, eggs and hashbrowns. No one ever tells me what they want except every friggen blue moon for some reason. Well someone finally asked if I could do a breakfast casserole. Said sureee I could try... Guys I don't cook casseroles...just not my thing lol. Theres a joke if like to make , if you know you know.
Anyhow they said just making something well eat it ..so... layer of has browns , layers of sausage , layer of scrambled eggs , layer of bacon. White gravy , topped it with he left over stuff
Looked like something my dog would barf up but I've been advised I now need to make this abomination at least one a week crazy ....worry about these guys I swear
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 05/02/24 01:40 PM.
Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132147
05/02/24 01:23 PM
05/02/24 01:23 PM
Uvalde Texas
B
BubbaCampbell Offline
trapper
BubbaCampbell  Offline
trapper
B

Uvalde Texas
Looks good I’d eat it

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132149
05/02/24 01:27 PM
05/02/24 01:27 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
If it wouldn't take my glucose to the moon I would be all over that

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132153
05/02/24 01:42 PM
05/02/24 01:42 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Looks really good to me! A good covering of melted cheese would make it even better.

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132157
05/02/24 01:54 PM
05/02/24 01:54 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I bet this would be a hit

[Linked Image]

meatloaf

about 3 pounds of venison or beef
couple onions
red and green peppers
bread heals and whatever was laying around 5-6 slices
3-4 eggs
catsup
pickles
Garlic powder , salt , paprika
need that all up and make a big doughnut in the skillet that helps it cook faster and more even

give it a glaze of catsup

bake 350ish for around 40 minutes about the time your catsup is getting some dark edges it is done

again , would send my glucose to the moon if I ate it any more but man it was one of my favorites.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132160
05/02/24 02:04 PM
05/02/24 02:04 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
That's basically how casseroles are made. Just with a little more cutting up blending... what you made could also be considered an omelette too.

You probably make casserole type dishes anyway and maybe don't know it. Ever fix good old-fashioned goulash ? With the macaroni elbows ? With options to mix whatever you have at hand all together. The guys would love that, and It's easy to make. It doesn't have to have a set limit of ingredients, either. Anything you have in leftovers or whatever will do fine.

Green bean casserole is another easy one. Throw bacon pieces into that mix and you have it.

Ever hear of tuna casserole ? Or instead of tuna, hot dogs cut up in that mix ?

All easy stuff . Put some gahhlik bread , or buttered sourdough bread with it and watch em all devour it .

You're doing well.

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132168
05/02/24 02:29 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
Place the potato on the bottom, it will soak up the juices as you cook and explosion of flavor on the bottom..

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8132169
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

[Linked Image]

meatloaf

couple onions
red and green peppers
3-4 eggs
catsup
pickles
need that all up and make a big doughnut in the skillet that helps it cook faster and more even

bake 350ish for around 40 minutes about the time your catsup is getting some dark edges it is done

again , would send my glucose to the moon if I ate it any more but man it was one of my favorites.

That looks good but I can feel the heartburn from here

Mean As Nails
Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132170
05/02/24 02:36 PM
05/02/24 02:36 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Pete, you can use sugar-free catsup too. That's all I use and it tastes great. And if paprika isn't liked, a bit of chili powder will suffice . The red , yellow and orange peppers are much sweeter than the green ones. The green ones can make for heartburn in some people.

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Sharon] #8132178
05/02/24 02:55 PM
05/02/24 02:55 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Sharon
Pete, you can use sugar-free catsup too. That's all I use and it tastes great. And if paprika isn't liked, a bit of chili powder will suffice . The red , yellow and orange peppers are much sweeter than the green ones. The green ones can make for heartburn in some people.

I have used some , I found other ways to enjoy stuff

roasted a pork but yesterday had pulled pork , now I make a white sauce based off "Alabama white bbq" sauce

so many things are too sweet tasting for me now even often the sugar free catsup and bbq sauce

sugar made for more heartburn than most people realized I eat all sorts of peppers and hot sauce with no heart burn

I eat pounds of cabbage a week with no gas

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8132179
05/02/24 02:56 PM
05/02/24 02:56 PM
Amite county Mississippi
trapper
trapper

Amite county Mississippi

[Linked Image]

meatloaf

couple onions
red and green peppers
3-4 eggs
catsup
pickles

Mmmm might have to try this ...but with brown gravy instead of ketchup. Personally hate ketchup on meatloaf. Kinda ruins it for me.....well the guys might like it though

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Sharon] #8132182
05/02/24 03:06 PM
05/02/24 03:06 PM
Amite county Mississippi
trapper
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
That's basically how casseroles are made. Just with a little more cutting up blending... what you made could also be considered an omelette too.

You probably make casserole type dishes anyway and maybe don't know it. Ever fix good old-fashioned goulash ? With the macaroni elbows ? With options to mix whatever you have at hand all together. The guys would love that, and It's easy to make. It doesn't have to have a set limit of ingredients, either. Anything you have in leftovers or whatever will do fine.

Green bean casserole is another easy one. Throw bacon pieces into that mix and you have it.

Ever hear of tuna casserole ? Or instead of tuna, hot dogs cut up in that mix ?

All easy stuff . Put some gahhlik bread , or buttered sourdough bread with it and watch em all devour it .

You're doing well.

Actually looking at doing a big 12 egg omelette for breakfast today... tomorrow....you know what I mean lol. But idk a lot of casserole and goulash just don't work for me. I know my girls family with have like ten different ones when we go to a family get together and non of them ever really so anything for me. The guys on here do love goulash and I'll cook it if they ask but I personally don't like it.

It's a bit of an interesting dynamic on the boat though. Captain and the other two tankerman are both Texans so it's a lot of beans , Mexican types stuff and more BBQ ish things. Mean while the pilot is from Louisiana and I'm from Mississippi so a lot more gumbos etetoffees's , gumbos , smothered stuff and there's me with the soul food aspect. Which gets .... interesting if I had a dollar for every heated debate we have over what is the proper consistency of gumbo I'd be able to take off a few days extra. laugh

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132188
05/02/24 03:14 PM
05/02/24 03:14 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
We started substituting barbecue sauce for ketchup on meatloaf. And putting chopped bacon on top of it.

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132191
05/02/24 03:17 PM
05/02/24 03:17 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
You can have fun with cheese types in that omelette , too. I love smoked Gouda, among others.

Remembah....there are no beans in chili ...those Texans ought to know that grin

Being a deep south Florida raised girl, I love all those traditional dishes , Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, raised on all the soul foods too. Love them all. And I cook them all. I can mix and match aspects of those meals too. They can all go together as a happy little group.

Gumbo is like goulash to me. Or spaghetti. Everyone has their own style !

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Sharon] #8132195
05/02/24 03:25 PM
05/02/24 03:25 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
You can have fun with cheese types in that omelette , too. I love smoked Gouda, among others.

Remembah....there are no beans in chili ...those Texans ought to know that grin

Being a deep south Florida raised girl, I love all those traditional dishes , Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, raised on all the soul foods too. Love them all. And I cook them all. I can mix and match aspects of those meals too. They can all go together as a happy little group.

Gumbo is like goulash to me. Or spaghetti. Everyone has their own style !

what no beans in chili , come on. we just got to where people here stopped putting macaroni in chili

guess we should call it Sconni chili

when I was a kid chili had the spice of waving the chili powder over tomato soup and it almost always had pasta , you know good old upper midwestern extend every meal to feed 2x as many people. left over depression era cooking double down on the beans and add a pound of pasta.
then serve it with shredded cheese and all the buttered bread you could eat

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132204
05/02/24 03:33 PM
05/02/24 03:33 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Oh boy, I guess I opened a can of beans !

Just don't put beans in and call it chili when you're in the Yellowstone Bunkhouse, cooking for the hands wink

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Sharon] #8132208
05/02/24 03:38 PM
05/02/24 03:38 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

Just don't put beans in and call it chili when you're in the Yellowstone Bunkhouse, cooking for the hands wink

well I am unlikely to end up there but if I do I will call it Wester Booyah and just confissle them

if your looking for an image of the chili of my childhood this is basically it
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216683/wisconsin-blue-ribbon-chili/

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 05/02/24 03:41 PM.

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8132210
05/02/24 03:41 PM
05/02/24 03:41 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI

well I am unlikely to end up there but if I do I will call it Wester Boyah and just confissle them

Yep, Pete, that's 'Sconsin chili. My wife makes it with beans, but no noodles. She'd break my arm if she ever caught me trying to add them in. She was raised south side Milwaukee, Polish neighborhood. Not sure if that's where she got the no noodles thing or not.

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #8132211
05/02/24 03:43 PM
05/02/24 03:43 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
That looks great, Pete. A down home stick to your ribs all day meal.

Re: Worry about these guys [Re: k snow] #8132215
05/02/24 03:51 PM
05/02/24 03:51 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by k snow

well I am unlikely to end up there but if I do I will call it Wester Boyah and just confissle them

Yep, Pete, that's 'Sconsin chili. My wife makes it with beans, but no noodles. She'd break my arm if she ever caught me trying to add them in. She was raised south side Milwaukee, Polish neighborhood. Not sure if that's where she got the no noodles thing or not.

well you already know I was just a little west of you growing up , we had our share of Poles who had migrated out of south MKE very opinionated folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread