ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Comstock Swing Panel Traps #8129006
04/26/24 12:37 PM
04/26/24 12:37 PM
IA
K
kinley31 Offline OP
trapper
kinley31  Offline OP
trapper
K

IA
Three questions..

I know some guys use these for juvenile groundhogs, but does anyone use them on a consistent basis for adult and juvenile hogs? If so what size?

In regards to the direction the doors swing shut...why do they not swing from the other direction, so it can tap the animal on the rear when coming down and push the animal into the trap? I know the way they are currently designed they act like a colony trap, possibly allowing more animals into the trap; but do you get many tripped/empty traps because a larger animal could possibly back out? I'm sure Jim will read this and chime in, I appreciate it.

Re: Comstock Swing Panel Traps [Re: kinley31] #8129127
04/26/24 05:33 PM
04/26/24 05:33 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
We have a number of the large swing panels that we have used for woodchucks. I don’t find empty traps to be an issue. When set correctly they work fine. They are a nice budget alternative.

That said, they aren’t my favorite Comstock trap. I find the large swing panels a pain to set.

The door would be easy to push up if it was aimed the other way. The closing mechanism is different between the swing panels and the black traps.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread