No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Night hunting coyotes [Re: Tommie] #8126393
04/21/24 10:02 PM
04/21/24 10:02 PM
SD
T
Turd Furgeson Offline
trapper
Turd Furgeson  Offline
trapper
T

SD
Boone and Sodaker are worthless turds probably just jealous that the thermal guys are whoopin em on numbers. I for one love going in after some sheep killing coyotes and hearing the rancher say “well I had some thermal guys from the city in here last week” that way you know there was some real tactical stuff going on from some guys who aren’t gonna have to deal with them after they go 1/3 and blast the male and high five each other on the way back to their lifted truck with a coyote hunter decal on the back glass. Thermals rule!

Re: Night hunting coyotes [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8126399
04/21/24 10:07 PM
04/21/24 10:07 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Y’all do realize people have been shooting coyotes off bait piles long before the public ever knew about thermals or NV? I don’t see how shooting coyotes makes them trap shy.
Maybe trapping the same place 9-12 months out of the year has made coyotes trap shy. In one scenario you’re using sound to draw them in. In the other scenario you’re using their travel patterns and scent. One has nothing to do with the other.

This^^^ is correct.

X2

Nevada bound
Re: Night hunting coyotes [Re: Boone Liane] #8126412
04/21/24 10:35 PM
04/21/24 10:35 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Originally Posted by Boone Liane
Nothing but bad. It’s negatively effecting them greatly and long term. They’re on egg shells 24/7. Daytime calling/denning suffers tremendously, they quit working trap sets, if they’ve been hunted over bait they quit working baits.

The number the shooters kill doesn’t amount to a hill of beans but they sure educate and ding up a pile!

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, if just half the shooters out there killed just half of what they claim they do, there wouldn’t hardly be a coyote left out there.

You,me Jamie,Brad,Randy,Cal..ect have ALL educated coyotes! wink

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread