No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113036
04/02/24 01:33 PM
04/02/24 01:33 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline OP
trapper
west river rogue  Offline OP
trapper

The Holy Spirit workings in my life and mind are truly amazing. Its like the song..if i could have anything says. Let me be an offering!

Last edited by west river rogue; 04/02/24 01:35 PM.
Re: why king david? [Re: Kart29] #8113039
04/02/24 01:40 PM
04/02/24 01:40 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Kart29
Originally Posted by PAskinner
. I don't think anyone can fully know truth until the Spirit of God reveals it to their spirit, which is why God has to convict before anyone can believe or even understand salvation.

Calvinist much?

No, I'm not. Not even a little. The Bible is pretty clear that no one gets saved without the Spirit speaking to them.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113042
04/02/24 01:44 PM
04/02/24 01:44 PM
trapper
trapper

Originally Posted by Kart29
[quote=PAskinner]. I don't think anyone can fully know truth until the Spirit of God reveals it to their spirit, which is why God has to convict before anyone can believe or even understand salvation.

No, I'm not. Not even a little. The Bible is pretty clear that no one gets saved without the Spirit speaking to them.

Amen....until you feel the holy spirit working you are missing so much.

Re: why king david? [Re: PAskinner] #8113158
04/02/24 04:42 PM
04/02/24 04:42 PM
AR
P
Preacherman Les Offline
trapper
Preacherman Les  Offline
trapper
P

AR
Not to derail the thread, but I was reading the passage the other day where Jesus restored Peter and it occurred to me that Peter was still not really understanding the extent of his betrayal. He was hurt that Jesus asked him three times if he loved him. "Dude, seriously? You literally said you didn't know him and you are getting hurt by that?"
He should have just been happy that Jesus would even still talk to him. But God is so forgiving he runs out to meet us when we are still too dumb to fully understand how messed up we are.

Jesus and Peter used different words. All "love" to us in English, but not to them. Peter didn't respond in the same way Jesus asked. Jesus wanted a complete and unconditional love, not one with limitations.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113172
04/02/24 05:03 PM
04/02/24 05:03 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

What are y'all's thoughts on Romans 8:29-30 which discusses predestination?

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113177
04/02/24 05:07 PM
04/02/24 05:07 PM
trapper
trapper

Who am i to question God?

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113178
04/02/24 05:10 PM
04/02/24 05:10 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Isn't that what Calvinism is, the belief in predestination?

Re: why king david? [Re: salemtrapper] #8113182
04/02/24 05:14 PM
04/02/24 05:14 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by salemtrapper
With-in the trinity you can't have one with out the other. And to recieve it all ones heart has to be open to all 3 Not just one. The holy spirit gets left some out but maybe the most important, it's what holds you and brings your faith closer to God and jesus.

I even had a trappers semon planned out once to explain the trinity.

God is the location he created all, gave you what you needed to walk this land.

Jesus is the lure/bait/eye appeal what brings you in gets you interested shows you love and the everyday miracles shows you how to walk this earth.

Holy spirit is the trap. It's what keeps you in the faith through conviction, spirit, and prayer.
To paraphrase it.

Now you have free will to accept these or not.

That's an interesting explanation, interpretation of the Godhead---- Trinity.
The first time the word snair is mentioned in the bible, Pharoah servents say, Moses is a snair unto us.
When Moses led Israel out of Egypt. Many Egyptians went along.
Do you suppose they were convicted of the Spirit?

Re: why king david? [Re: ] #8113202
04/02/24 05:42 PM
04/02/24 05:42 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by J Staton

Partly.

Re: why king david? [Re: Posco] #8113221
04/02/24 06:06 PM
04/02/24 06:06 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Posco

Partly.

Could you expand on this Posco? I believe as for me, because I'm not God, that my actions are all free will.. However when pertaining to God, who is all knowing, ain't none of it free will.

Last edited by J Staton; 04/02/24 06:07 PM.
Re: why king david? [Re: ] #8113227
04/02/24 06:15 PM
04/02/24 06:15 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
What are y'all's thoughts on Romans 8:29-30 which discusses predestination?

I think it's a good idea to back up a verse.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Roman's 8:28
( that love God) ( that are called) ( according to his purpose)
What comes first ?
The first and great camandment.
To love God.
Next
You are called.
And last
Because he knows you.
Acording to his purpose.
Now Roman's 8:29 For whom he did forknow, he also did pre destinate)
Again, what comes first
For whom he did forknow.
How does he know you.
Now if he knows you.
You are sealed
It just like a marriage.
The only think that can seperate you now is to die the second death.
And that won't be Christ's doingings.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113233
04/02/24 06:28 PM
04/02/24 06:28 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
I think Paul is referring back to those God knew, as Giant Sage is saying...he knew them because they were obedient, and I think since it's all past tense, he has people like Moses and Abraham in mind. It's about God's faithfulness to bring them through, and it's to encourage us, as Paul goes on to do. It's not about fate, or someone being irresistibly chosen over someone else.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113238
04/02/24 06:40 PM
04/02/24 06:40 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

So God doesn't know who will be His? That's where free will is peculiar to me, when we're speaking of God. Just as He choose King David, He also chooses you. Not "a hill I'm going to die on" but why I believe as I do.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113241
04/02/24 06:51 PM
04/02/24 06:51 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
Not sure sage... was the holy spirit present at that time?? my understanding which maybe wrong, holy spirit wasn't present until jesus came along. I think those Egyptian that followed just seen the true power of God, I'm not sure they were seeing the same power with the gods that the Egyptians were worshipping. Seeing is believing, if we got to witness the actual power of God ( not to say we dont) but a talking bush or parting the red sea... or the miracles Jesus preforming 1st hand.. this would change alot of people's views in today's life.

I enjoy t-man bible study, I'm not the person that knows everything and love seeing peoples views agree or disagree sheds light on things makes you say aw or hmmmm... thanks for this.

Re: why king david? [Re: salemtrapper] #8113314
04/02/24 08:56 PM
04/02/24 08:56 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by salemtrapper
Not sure sage... was the holy spirit present at that time?? my understanding which maybe wrong, holy spirit wasn't present until jesus came along. I think those Egyptian that followed just seen the true power of God, I'm not sure they were seeing the same power with the gods that the Egyptians were worshipping. Seeing is believing, if we got to witness the actual power of God ( not to say we dont) but a talking bush or parting the red sea... or the miracles Jesus preforming 1st hand.. this would change alot of people's views in today's life.

I enjoy t-man bible study, I'm not the person that knows everything and love seeing peoples views agree or disagree sheds light on things makes you say aw or hmmmm... thanks for this.

Jesus is the first begotten--- born of the Holy Spirit, also the Christ the anointed king.
John the baptist had the Holy Spirit,
Even from the woumb.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113320
04/02/24 09:03 PM
04/02/24 09:03 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

Could you expand on this Posco? I believe as for me, because I'm not God, that my actions are all free will.. However when pertaining to God, who is all knowing, ain't none of it free will.

It's a subject dear to my heart and I love discussing it. God doesn't change and I see the way He has consistently worked in the lives of believers for hundreds of years.

If you've ever read any of John Bunyan's or Jonathan Edwards works you would know what I mean. There's no question God chose some before the foundation of the world. It's nothing to chafe at, it's actually the most comforting doctrine the Bible lays out if you have a concern for your soul.

Re: why king david? [Re: Posco] #8113416
04/03/24 12:54 AM
04/03/24 12:54 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Posco

It's a subject dear to my heart and I love discussing it. God doesn't change and I see the way He has consistently worked in the lives of believers for hundreds of years.

If you've ever read any of John Bunyan's or Jonathan Edwards works you would know what I mean. There's no question God chose some before the foundation of the world. It's nothing to chafe at, it's actually the most comforting doctrine the Bible lays out if you have a concern for your soul.

Posco
I agree with all of what you just said.
Exept for one word that changes the context of the text.
God has chosen ( SOME) before the foundation of the world.
This passage is definitely about predestination.
In the context I believe it's speaking of the alpha and the omega
Revelation 1:8. I am Alpha and omega, the beginning and the end.
The verse about being chosen from ephesians 1:4 say he hath chosen us in ( HIM)
meaning Jesus Christ.
Just read vses 1-3
Back to the word ( SOME )
For there is no respect of persons with God Rom2:11 If God is just how would ( some predestined be just?)
Who will have all men to be saved , and to come unto the knowledge off the truth 2 Tim 2:4
Who will have. Do all men fallow gods will? And come unto the knowledge of the truth?
So what does this have to do with predestination?
Read the very next verse 2 Tim 2:5 For there is one God,and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Those in Jesus are the chosen. by grace through FAITH.
From the blood of righteous Abel,
To the faithful seed of Abraham,
Which is the Anointed Messiah Jesus the Christ.
So who are the predestined?
Back to Ephesians 1:1. ( to the FAITHFUL in Christ Jesus)
Now Ephesians 1:6 (to the praise of the Glory of his grase , wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
And now Ephesians 6:8 for by Grace are ye saved through faith,
This goes back to the promise to Abraham. It's about salvation by the grase of God, through faith that he will provide a Lamb.
And he did.
It is comforting to the soul to know that we have salvation in our faith in Jesus.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113493
04/03/24 08:06 AM
04/03/24 08:06 AM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
I agree with you sage, but John the Baptist was a whole different man in the world, Jesus right hand man, people actually thought he was Jesus, so him being being blessed with the holy spirit was God's doing he needed that as much as jesus so he could spread the word with and about jesus. The world didn't see the holy spirit until Jesus was born and he was able to spead it out through his grace. Before jesus there was no need for the holy spirit the law allowed sacrifice, this took the place through sacrifice is what was used to please God, gain his love, and to show faith. Holy spirit is here to keep you in check through conviction, allow our light of jesus to shine, and show the world how true grace feels. it came from the ultimate sacrifice that was jesus. That's why I said I'm not sure the Egyptian felt convicted through the holy spirit it was just shock and awe look at this God's awesome power. Now with that awesome power 100 percent God could have very well spread that same holy spirit we see today and convicted some to follow, I won't argue that.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113506
04/03/24 08:18 AM
04/03/24 08:18 AM
trapper
trapper

Wow,very deep guys..thanks

Re: why king david? [Re: PAskinner] #8113521
04/03/24 08:48 AM
04/03/24 08:48 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
I think Paul is referring back to those God knew, as Giant Sage is saying...he knew them because they were obedient, and I think since it's all past tense, he has people like Moses and Abraham in mind. It's about God's faithfulness to bring them through, and it's to encourage us, as Paul goes on to do. It's not about fate, or someone being irresistibly chosen over someone else.

Paskinner
I was actually referring to the passage in Matthew ch7
Jesus is speaking of all men including past, present, and future.
Matthew 7:23 And when I profess unto them , I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
This whole chapter is obout Faith, and decisions that we make, Jesus Is speaking to those who chose to fallow there own will. The chapter ends with the parable of the wise and foolish man.
The one who chooses the house upon the Rock, vses the house upon the sand.
We have a choice.
I believe

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread