No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
why king david? #8110308
03/29/24 06:55 AM
03/29/24 06:55 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline OP
trapper
west river rogue  Offline OP
trapper

What does God say about King David?
Acts 13:22 says, “After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do. '” David's examp

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8110416
03/29/24 10:28 AM
03/29/24 10:28 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Online content
trapper
Giant Sage  Online Content
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by west river rogue
Acts 13:22 says, “After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do. '” David's examp

King David was a foreshadow of Jesus.
He was chosen by God because God new his heart.
He was an example of every man with a good heart and lives a life with times of trial and even comits horrible sins.
But through sorrow and conviction and repentants. He wins his wrestling match with God.
This is Israel. The battle every man that wrestles against sin has to defeat.
This can only be done spiritually.
Through trusting in Jesus.
Jesus said obey my commandments.
To love the Lord with all your heart mind and soul.
And to love you're neighbor as your self.
He went on to say, on these hang all the law and the Prophets.
This of course in speaking of Salvation through Christ Jesus.

Re: why king david? [Re: Giant Sage] #8110421
03/29/24 10:49 AM
03/29/24 10:49 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Originally Posted by west river rogue

King David was a foreshadow of Jesus.
He was chosen by God because God new his heart.
He was an example of every man with a good heart and lives a life with times of trial and even comits horrible sins.
But through sorrow and conviction and repentants. He wins his wrestling match with God.
This is Israel. The battle every man that wrestles against sin has to defeat.
This can only be done spiritually.
Through trusting in Jesus.
Jesus said obey my commandments.
To love the Lord with all your heart mind and soul.
And to love you're neighbor as your self.
He went on to say, on these hang all the law and the Prophets.
This of course in speaking of Salvation through Christ Jesus.

Right on, brother.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8110439
03/29/24 11:22 AM
03/29/24 11:22 AM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
And that pretty much summed up the why....

This is one example how important it is to repent. David did everytime Saul not so much.

Another example is Peter and judas, both were for warned of thier wrong doings, both denied and betrayed christ. Only difference is Peter asked for forgiveness, judas went and hung himself. Even though judas betrayed Jesus and sold him out to put him on the cross, Jesus would haven forgiven him as well if he would have just asked with a convicted heart and meant it for forgiveness. It's as simple as taking accountability and saying sorry.

Re: why king david? [Re: salemtrapper] #8110453
03/29/24 11:32 AM
03/29/24 11:32 AM
west river rogue Offline OP
trapper
west river rogue  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted by salemtrapper

This is one example how important it is to repent. David did everytime Saul not so much.

Another example is Peter and judas, both were for warned of thier wrong doings, both denied and betrayed christ. Only difference is Peter asked for forgiveness, judas went and hung himself. Even though judas betrayed Jesus and sold him out to put him on the cross, Jesus would haven forgiven him as well if he would have just asked with a convicted heart and meant it for forgiveness. It's as simple as taking accountability and saying sorry.

Amen

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8110535
03/29/24 01:14 PM
03/29/24 01:14 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
I think king David is going to ruel again.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8110539
03/29/24 01:20 PM
03/29/24 01:20 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I dont

Re: why king david? [Re: Guss] #8110557
03/29/24 01:43 PM
03/29/24 01:43 PM
Wy
G
trapper
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Guss
I think king David is going to ruel again.

Guss,
I believe Jesus reign is the the rule of king David.
In Revelation Jesus say I am the root and the offspring of David.
Even our founders said, we have no king but Christ Jesus.

Last edited by Giant Sage; 03/29/24 03:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Re: why king david? [Re: salemtrapper] #8110613
03/29/24 03:24 PM
03/29/24 03:24 PM
Wy
G
trapper
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by salemtrapper

Great example Salem.
Even the thief on the cross repented in his heart and confessed Jesus.
Only Jesus new his heart.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8110656
03/29/24 04:40 PM
03/29/24 04:40 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Not to derail the thread, but I was reading the passage the other day where Jesus restored Peter and it occurred to me that Peter was still not really understanding the extent of his betrayal. He was hurt that Jesus asked him three times if he loved him. "Dude, seriously? You literally said you didn't know him and you are getting hurt by that?"
He should have just been happy that Jesus would even still talk to him. But God is so forgiving he runs out to meet us when we are still too dumb to fully understand how messed up we are.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: why king david? [Re: PAskinner] #8110746
03/29/24 06:26 PM
03/29/24 06:26 PM
Wy
G
trapper
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by PAskinner
Not to derail the thread, but I was reading the passage the other day where Jesus restored Peter and it occurred to me that Peter was still not really understanding the extent of his betrayal. He was hurt that Jesus asked him three times if he loved him. "Dude, seriously? You literally said you didn't know him and you are getting hurt by that?"
He should have just been happy that Jesus would even still talk to him. But God is so forgiving he runs out to meet us when we are still too dumb to fully understand how messed up we are.

Skinner
Peter had a reputation for foot in mouth disease.
Though he had a zeal for the Lord.
I believe Jesus new his heart, the same as he searches the depths of all souls.
I believe Peter truly became enlightened at the Pentecost when the Lord poured out the Holy Ghost.
Saton would love to take all men of God and sift them like sand.

Re: why king david? [Re: PAskinner] #8111048
03/30/24 08:39 AM
03/30/24 08:39 AM
Indiana
cattails Offline
trapper
cattails  Offline
trapper

Indiana

I think there's a deeper meaning here. (You can only love someone as much as you love yourself). Hence the question .... Do you love me?

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8111079
03/30/24 09:15 AM
03/30/24 09:15 AM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
Also if I remember correctly peter was the one that walked beside jesus for years not fully being saved, and accepting jesus for who he was because he was Jewish and still wanted to believe in the old law. This was jesus asking to see his true heart if he fully accepted him as who he really was. Don't quote me on this, and maybe some one will correct me if I have my deciples mixed up.

Re: why king david? [Re: cattails] #8111108
03/30/24 10:02 AM
03/30/24 10:02 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by cattails

I think there's a deeper meaning here. (You can only love someone as much as you love yourself). Hence the question .... Do you love me?

What Jesus asked was: "Do you love me more than these?"
More than his old life of being a loud mouthed fisherman, because his new job would be feeding sheep, that is, preaching and teaching those who came to faith in Jesus.
I'm not convinced of the self love thing, because in many ways loving God is the opposite of loving self.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: why king david? [Re: Giant Sage] #8111110
03/30/24 10:04 AM
03/30/24 10:04 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Giant Sage

Skinner
Peter had a reputation for foot in mouth disease.
Though he had a zeal for the Lord.
I believe Jesus new his heart, the same as he searches the depths of all souls.
I believe Peter truly became enlightened at the Pentecost when the Lord poured out the Holy Ghost.
Saton would love to take all men of God and sift them like sand.

And I don't think anyone can fully know truth until the Spirit of God reveals it to their spirit, which is why God has to convict before anyone can believe or even understand salvation.

Re: why king david? [Re: PAskinner] #8112431
04/01/24 12:18 PM
04/01/24 12:18 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
. I don't think anyone can fully know truth until the Spirit of God reveals it to their spirit, which is why God has to convict before anyone can believe or even understand salvation.

Calvinist much?

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: why king david? [Re: Kart29] #8112546
04/01/24 05:39 PM
04/01/24 05:39 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Kart29
. I don't think anyone can fully know truth until the Spirit of God reveals it to their spirit, which is why God has to convict before anyone can believe or even understand salvation.

Calvinist much?

PA has it right.

Re: why king david? [Re: Kart29] #8112552
04/01/24 05:59 PM
04/01/24 05:59 PM
Wy
G
trapper
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Kart29

Calvinist much?

I don't believe what PA is saying is a Calvinistic only belief.
In the last day the Holy Ghost will be poured out upon all flesh.
The difference in Calvinist vs other is what you do when He convicts you.
This is the liberty --- free will we have in Christ.
Do you trust Jesus?
Or do you trust your self
When you trust through conviction, wich is from the calling of the spirit,
Then salvation.

Re: why king david? [Re: Posco] #8113001
04/02/24 12:16 PM
04/02/24 12:16 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by Posco

PA has it right.

I think so too. I'm just surprised to hear him say it so perfectly like that.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: why king david? [Re: west river rogue] #8113011
04/02/24 12:49 PM
04/02/24 12:49 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
With-in the trinity you can't have one with out the other. And to recieve it all ones heart has to be open to all 3 Not just one. The holy spirit gets left some out but maybe the most important, it's what holds you and brings your faith closer to God and jesus.

I even had a trappers semon planned out once to explain the trinity.

God is the location he created all, gave you what you needed to walk this land.

Jesus is the lure/bait/eye appeal what brings you in gets you interested shows you love and the everyday miracles shows you how to walk this earth.

Holy spirit is the trap. It's what keeps you in the faith through conviction, spirit, and prayer.
To paraphrase it.

Now you have free will to accept these or not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread