No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bible Religion Question #8111052
03/30/24 08:46 AM
03/30/24 08:46 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline OP
trapper
snowy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MT
Okay, in scriptures is there any reading why or do you have to be listed as a member of God House in any denomination. So, if one just goes to church and never become a member, what is wrong in the Christian World and scripture with doing this.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111057
03/30/24 08:49 AM
03/30/24 08:49 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
There is nothing in the Bible about church membership. Nothing.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111066
03/30/24 09:00 AM
03/30/24 09:00 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
No issue in my understanding. Your relationship with Jesus is what saves you. Though Jesus may call you to join a Church so that you can serve the Kingdom through being a member of that Church. If our relationship is strong the HS will speak to us as individuals and guide us down the right path. If we walk with oneness with Jesus we will hear his calling in the decisions we should make and the direction we should go.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111078
03/30/24 09:13 AM
03/30/24 09:13 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline OP
trapper
snowy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MT
Bernie, Yes sir, thanks. I don't know scriptures well enough to know what it has to say about this question.

I never did see the big thing way churches want you to become this member and that whole thing. It has nothing to do with my relationship with God and my faith. If that is a factor for not going to Heaven or it keeps you from being a Christian, then there is something I'm terribly missing.

I do not care to be involved with the politics of a church with meeting and schedules etc... I know from scripture that is part of being a Family in Christ and need to be publicly.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111084
03/30/24 09:16 AM
03/30/24 09:16 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I've seen a lot of arguments over Catholic and Protestants about Peter the Rock. Most of the time there is no winners. If you believe your body is a temple to God then joining clubs seem to take 2nd place. Yes, God may be leading me to take a part in an organization for what I can give or add. While there may be strength in numbers, the numbers will also trample you. There is all kinds of clubs that do great works in poverty and child welfare but still they are just what they are. The word says not to forsake the assembling together, still having ones name on the books looks good in the obit, but my goal should be to have my name written in Heaven and for that I can rejoice !

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111087
03/30/24 09:18 AM
03/30/24 09:18 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

If you are a believer you are a member of the church.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111091
03/30/24 09:27 AM
03/30/24 09:27 AM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
Believers are members of the church as a whole.. church in a building is just to keep in check. you become what you surround your self with. ( I know most will say actual church members are the worse) and I wouldn't disagree but if your there with a true heart, your there with others that are the same way. this is who you surround yourself with.. and that is a fellowship you can't replace being by yourself.. however the Bible does say where two or more gather in my name, I'm in the midst of them. So power in numbers.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111097
03/30/24 09:39 AM
03/30/24 09:39 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
I do believe fellowship with true believers is an important tool in our growth as a Christian. There's a difference between being saved and living in full blessings as a believer. Being saved is just the beginning of our relationship with the Kingdom not the end goal.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: Yes sir] #8111099
03/30/24 09:50 AM
03/30/24 09:50 AM
Wisconsin
O
Oakey Offline
trapper
Oakey  Offline
trapper
O

Wisconsin
I know what you’re saying but Jesus came for one purpose which was to pay the price for our sin and save sinners. Without salvation nothing else matters. Everything else in the Christian life follows salvation but what you mention is important for the believer as well as following all Christs commands. Always remembering Ephesians 2 8-9

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111122
03/30/24 10:18 AM
03/30/24 10:18 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
There is the scriptural Church and then there's the denominational church, they are not the same. There is much confusion of the two.

If one is indeed a follower of and believer in Christ then you are already a member of the body of Christ, the Church as mentioned in scripture. Also referred to as the bride of Christ that Jesus will return and gather unto Himself.

The other church is what we have constructed as groups gathered together as believers that share a common purpose. Unfortunately as in all things we do there has been much contention and disagreement on the finer points of doctrine and personalties.

Now that said we are instructed to not forsake the gathering together of believers. So attendance and participation in a local gathering of the body of Christ is not just recommended but something we should do. Not for salvation but for the uplifting and mutual support of one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.

I would suggest first and foremost seek Jesus and a walk with Him. Then find like minded brothers and sisters to fellowship with and walk together in His will. The denomination thing will sort itself out as long as you seek Jesus first.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111130
03/30/24 10:27 AM
03/30/24 10:27 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline OP
trapper
snowy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MT
Thanks for your knowledge and scripture that backs up your believes. I'm just not a person that wants to get involved in any organizations. Even outdoor orgs. no matter what love I have for any committed things I totally believe in. I'm not a group, club, organization person even though I totally committed to their work, beliefs, path to their goals in any organization. Itt might mean than I'm not truly committed but that is just who I am, good or bad it is what I am.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: Oakey] #8111135
03/30/24 10:30 AM
03/30/24 10:30 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Oakey
I know what you’re saying but Jesus came for one purpose which was to pay the price for our sin and save sinners. Without salvation nothing else matters. Everything else in the Christian life follows salvation but what you mention is important for the believer as well as following all Christs commands. Always remembering Ephesians 2 8-9

Eph 2: 8-10 [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

How would one explain the scripture Matthew 9:20-22
King James Version

20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:

21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Ive heard it explained that not only was her body healed but that by her faith she also gained entry to paradise should she have died before Jesus resurrection. Now my question is if she hadn't took the action to reach out and touch Him (which Jesus noticed even being bumped by the crowd) would she have been saved and/or healed. Or would she have merely been part of the crowd moving along?

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111136
03/30/24 10:31 AM
03/30/24 10:31 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Online content
trapper
Giant Sage  Online Content
trapper
G

Wy
I believe church membership is political,
For office.
If theres any biblycle teaching, it may be when Jesus says render to Cesar what is Cesar's and render to the Lord what is the Lords .
Our Government allow Churches to be tax exempt. But in order to do so they must have a constitution.
This keeps the tithes and love offerings from being taxed.
There is nothing in the bible about church membership. But the Lavitical priesthood would have been as close to a members only club that I can think of.
In Christ we are to be one body, and we are the temple.
He hath made us kings and priests.
Don't ye know that ye are the temple of God?
Ye being pleural.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: Foxpaw] #8111140
03/30/24 10:36 AM
03/30/24 10:36 AM
Wy
G
trapper
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Originally Posted by Oakey

Eph 2: 8-10 [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

How would one explain the scripture Matthew 9:20-22
King James Version

20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:

21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Ive heard it explained that not only was her body healed but that by her faith she also gained entry to paradise should she have died before Jesus resurrection. Now my question is if she hadn't took the action to reach out and touch Him (which Jesus noticed even being bumped by the crowd) would she have been saved and/or healed. Or would she have merely been part of the crowd moving along?

I believe that it seems that she already had the faith,
If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111144
03/30/24 10:39 AM
03/30/24 10:39 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by snowy
Thanks for your knowledge and scripture that backs up your believes. I'm just not a person that wants to get involved in any organizations. Even outdoor orgs. no matter what love I have for any committed things I totally believe in. I'm not a group, club, organization person even though I totally committed to their work, beliefs, path to their goals in any organization. Itt might mean than I'm not truly committed but that is just who I am, good or bad it is what I am.

I get that because I'm a lot that way. For me as I've grown in my faith and I've learned to surrender more God has moved me a bit more towards having the desire to serve others. And because of that I've been blessed in ways I wouldn't have believed. I good Church that's only desire is to serve God is a huge benefit in this.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111154
03/30/24 10:51 AM
03/30/24 10:51 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
I believe the Bible speaks a fair amount about us worshipping, learning, growing and and coming together in fellowship as a group. I've done it both ways. One way seems to have more blessings. I don't believe your name on record at a church is important to your salvation but fellowship and functioning as a body seems to be part of God's plan.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: Yes sir] #8111162
03/30/24 10:59 AM
03/30/24 10:59 AM
Wy
G
trapper
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by snowy

I get that because I'm a lot that way. For me as I've grown in my faith and I've learned to surrender more God has moved me a bit more towards having the desire to serve others. And because of that I've been blessed in ways I wouldn't have believed. I good Church that's only desire is to serve God is a huge benefit in this.

Hear is a passage for those that are not the club sort or crowd type.
Luke 9 : 49-51
[Linked Image]
If you are living a life as a believer,
Your example is your witness.
Share the gospel-- good news, and you will cast out evil spirits olso.
Not really you thou.
For you are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111176
03/30/24 11:14 AM
03/30/24 11:14 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
[Linked Image]

Both scriptures are God's word and without context and understanding seem to be contradicting each other but aren't.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: Yes sir] #8111185
03/30/24 11:29 AM
03/30/24 11:29 AM
Wy
G
trapper
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Yes sir
[Linked Image]

Both scriptures are God's word and without context and understanding seem to be contradicting each other but aren't.

Yes
Context is important. If you go on to read the passage about what God's will is.
This is of the utmost importance.
Good point Yes sir.

Re: Bible Religion Question [Re: snowy] #8111189
03/30/24 11:32 AM
03/30/24 11:32 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y